• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lets start a Biweekly RI smash thing!!!

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
...beleive it or not, I have actually written out the rules to the Happy Birthday Match before. This includes the original idea concept plus a couple of rules that I add for greater clarification of grey areas.

Happy Birthday Match Rules

, but to answer your question more directly, no, stocks at the end don't count. Only Balloon pops followed by a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" count.

*cries at the tilt pictures* T_T

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
hey okesoke i found the thread! i would really like to come to this but i would need a ride over i live all the way in upstate mass -.- but it looks like alot of fun ^_^

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
OKE BRAWL III - JULY 5th!!!

The Next OkeBrawl is comin up.

sorry about the extremely late notice, but I've been busy and have been in poor communication with people. regardless, Okesoke and I would like to see responses from people who would be able to make it to this Event!

...So either say something here, or leave a shoutout on the AiB page. Tournament details rules and what not can be found here:

http://www.allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1591

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
It's not that short notice as I expected this to happen, since there's NOTHING going on this week.

If my car is outta the shop(yet again) by saturday you know I'll be there.

Okesoke

Smash Apprentice
If you want melee bring more melee and even I will gladly play, @ the last tourny I had a lot of fun playing melee, and it made me want to get better @ it :DDD but brawl will be the larger event I think, so lets do this up, sign ups @ allisbrawl.com

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
**** son why I can't go to this tourney because I am going to have a KOF session at my apt. If it ends early I might go to this it's too fun!!

Shears

Smash Master
sunday july 6 (tomorrow) brawl tourney *PM for address & #*
starts at 12 noon
$5
bring everybody
it would be useful to bring a tv or a wii and game to have more setups

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, winners/losers finals best of 5, gand finals best out of 7
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

Neutral Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks available:
Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria

Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 2 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
We need to do singles for all smash games next time. Brawl, Melee, and 64.
Ill bring my SD card so that all participating Wiis will get a copy of Smash 64 for Free.

Thats right, the haxxed version thats not out on VC yet!

P.S.

Please make sure your Wii has at least 580 - 600 blocks of free space left.

Smash 64 is only 290 blocks.

The reason for you needing up to 600 blocks free:

* Sin and Punishment needs to be put on your Wii (If Sin and Punishment is on your Wii, I will remove it, but it will get reinstalled automatically

* Smash 64 will get injected into Sin and Punishment, and a new channel will be made.

After its done installing, which takes less than 5 minutes, feel free to remove Sin and Punishment or enjoy the great "arcade shooter" game.

Hopefully there will be a Wii sequel to Sin and Punishment!

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
I cant come next Saturday, July 12, as Im going to Six Flags to ride the Superman!

If your up for riding the superman with me, go to six flags new england next saturday :p

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Also, I'd just like say Var is wicked cool for attempting to teach me how to L-Glitch. Hopefully next one he'll teach me to WaveCheat, and how to use it.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
Also, I'd just like say Var is wicked cool for attempting to teach me how to L-Glitch. Hopefully next one he'll teach me to WaveCheat, and how to use it.
L-glitch = you do not need to press L or R all the way down. (You can use the Z-button if you want) You can lightly press L or R as its easier. Practice the short hops first, then the fast fall, then put in an "A-attack" aerial after the short hop, and L-glitch it!

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
P.S.

ATTENTION: Those who want Smash64 on their Wiis and have LOZ: Twilight Princess save data and wish to keep it, please back it up via SD Card. SD Cards are cheap, you can get a 2 GB SD Card for $10 at some places. I tried to see if I could just copy and paste the Homebrew Channel but it doesnt work, so I am going to have to use the Twilight Hack.

vigiliante

Smash Journeyman
sunday july 6 (tomorrow) brawl tourney *PM for address & #*
starts at 12 noon
$5
bring everybody
it would be useful to bring a tv or a wii and game to have more setups

Double Elimination
All matches are best of 3, winners/losers finals best of 5, gand finals best out of 7
3 stock, 7 minute limit
Ties broken by lives/percentage
Items OFF Smash Balls OFF
Team Attack ON
Life stealing is allowed in doubles

Neutral Stages: These will be on random.
Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Brawl Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks available:
Delphino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Hanenbow
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Corneria

Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set
if the player choosing already won on that stage.

Random Knock-Out: Each player may choose to eliminate 1 of the random
stages to be chosen at the beginning of the set.

Stage Banning: Each player may choose to eliminate 2 of the stages available for counterpicking.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go
random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may
change characters.
yo call my cell if you get this in time 774 219 3153

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Did I miss N64 tetris playing? This saddens Cobra.

...if anyone can find a way of getting a game called "The NEW Tetris" on the wii, I would love them for all time...

GGs to everyone in the Brawl / Melee tournaments...I need to just play Jiggly puff next time and see if I do as well. Maybe then KevinM will stop just letting me throw him up and actually DI out of the auto-kill. He's so nice to me.

...though I wont think twice about counterpicking him to japes...I do what I gotta do to win / not lose embarrassingly.

Tichinde925

Smash Legend
...if anyone can find a way of getting a game called "The NEW Tetris" on the wii, I would love them for all time...
No, but I see a way to put the original Tetris Attack (SNES) onto the Wii as its own channel.

But I like Pokemon Puzzle League better.

Unless you would like Pokemon Puzzle League on your Wii....

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
MY GEODUDE IS TOP TIER!

Tich if you can get Landstalker: The Treasures of King Nole on my Wii I would love you forever. It was a Sega Genesis game, and you can get it through the virtual console. I dunno about how to get it for free though.

Top Bottom