• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's take some time to talk about how great Pound is.

Mushroom Scoot

Smash Cadet
Topic.

Frankly, It's my favorite single special move in the game.

1. It's adorable.
2. Cancels out freaking everything. (Even falcon punches)
3. Recovery.
4. RISING POUND
5. POFF!

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
it no longer cancels out Samus' charge shot however :( hard to believe, but it's been nerfed as far as priority and damage go.

Cocoashadow

Smash Apprentice
I love how she stops moving but the hitbox is still ******* around at full power.
Also, falling pound is fun to use.

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
I love falling pound too,it's really useful when you're a bit too high on the ledge to correct the height and grab it.Also for mindgames and jerking around.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
The opposite of Rising Pound. Instead of tilting the control stick up when you use Pound, tilt it down so that Jiggly's Pound makes her descend.

Pai

Smash Cadet
NNID
Paestries
3DS FC
2036-7921-7608
I love it <3 It doesn't rise as much, but still. I just realized how awesome it is. It reaches farther than I thought it did.

KiteDXX

Smash Apprentice
The long-lasting hitbox is amazing.

It's pretty much the only approach I use until I can fair or bair at close range in the air. Probably her best attack in terms of utility this time around.

Mushroom Scoot

Smash Cadet
Certain characters are so adorably helpless against pound.
Ike, for example. Unless he decides to block, there isn't anything he can do about a pound coming at his face.
And big characters? Fuggetabouttit.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
No one has mentioned its undesirable effects on shields!

I will start.

It has undesirable effects on shields.

Glick

Smash Lord
And look at this.

little old me was about to make a thread about rising and falling pound.
I'm trying to figure out if theres a difference in the rise/fall of the person your attacking.
This could help with combos.

Maybe i'll start it.

Anyway.
I <3 pound.

blueshirt314

Smash Cadet
The thing I love about Pound is that it is totally underrated. It packs a wallop, extends Jigglypuff's already beastly recovery, and pops the enemy behind you so that any opponent trying to edge-guard suddenly finds the tables turned. It was certainly nerfed from Melee, but it still serves its purpose well and I still have several friends scratching their heads to find out exactly what non-special attack I used to break their shields. (Pound TOTALLY looks like a FTilit or a FSmash, doesn't it? XD)

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
Pound is OK, but laggy. Its a meaty attack, so its best to hit with the very end of the animation and cancel it into a quick aerial or dodge to avoid getting donked.

Finch

Smash Lord
Pound is bad bad bad bad in brawl. If you miss, you are left wide open from above/behind. If they shield it, you get shieldgrabbed. If it actually connects all you can do is run away because everyone's dair goes through jiggs' uair/usmash/utilt. Pound is only good against bad players.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Pound does not beat Lucas's U-smash... I also think you exchange hits with C. Falcon's down-b on the ground, because that happened to me in a game or two.

And whoever said pound is for noob players...
A purely pound approach is. However, if you do it after an approach and then pound, it works out well. Also, it neutralizes most projectiles...

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
When used well, the pound is one of jigglys best moves. It has a lot of range and decent power. It lasts as long as a sex kick but the hitbox is way bigger and the damage doesnt decrease the longer its out. it can set up for utilts at low %s and is great for recovering back to the ledge and switching sides with your opponent, and then WoPing them off the stage.

"PUFF!"

Top Bottom