• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about tattoos and piercings

4Serial

Smash Lord
I was actually thinking of becoming a tattoo artist because I think it's a really beautiful art. :p
I dunno if I would actually get a tattoo though.. maybe a small one, who knows.

I'm not much of a fan of excessive piercings loll I been thinking about getting my left ear pierced. but my parents would probably kill me hahah

And this is an example of what I mean by really good execution:
That is amazing.

The Triforce one is cool too

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Not any more disgusting than some people's standards.

Edit: I was thinking about getting the triforce on my back somewhere, but it'd disrupt what I'm already doing with it.

Maybe I'll re-shave and put it on the back of my head.

AREL0E

Smash Apprentice
I got my ears pierced but i couldnt find any long bars, so the earrings would go into the ear.

There are a couple of tats i want. One is a memorial piece for my dad, he passed away this summer.

And the other would be very simple I <3 the bay. Along those lines.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
BUMP!

My tattoo and neck piercing:

zrky

Smash Lol'd
does getting tatoos hurt, just the thought of a needle going through your skin a thousand times freaks me.
How did they manage that piercing?

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Depends on where they are. Some of mine were alright, some of mine I ended up falling asleep halfway through, and some of mine aren't finished because they're so agonizing that I started to go into shock.

Illomatic

Smash Apprentice
wow i dont mean to offend you or nothing but i would never pierce that part ever
looks like its painful, not really my style either
though i have both of my ears pierced

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I always wanted to get my entire spine pierced all they way down, but imagine how much crap I'd get snagged on that...

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Like Riccy's.
I'm pretty sure his is a barbell underneath the skin.

M.K

Level 55
I *sort of* want my ear pierced, but....I dunno.
I'll definetly get a tattoo though. Just a small one on my arm or ankle, maybe of a dragon or a penguin, my favorite animal.

Oracle

Smash Master
If i could get one, I'd get a nobody symbol tatoo probably on my ankle.

I'd tell the ladies that it was a tribal sign

Sizzle

I paint controllers
This link has a graphic image, so view at your own risk. That said, as incredible as I think the article is, the general idea of it is pretty insane.

http://www.bmezine.com/news/people/A10101/addsub/

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I'm debating on getting another piercing or tattoo. I already have my left cartilage pierced once and I was thinking of a second one. As for tattoos I only have "love" in kanji on my lower back and offset to the right:

It didn't hurt until he hit my ribs. My god did that part hurt.

If I get a second tattoo I'm going to probably stick with my kanji theme and get "life" in memory of my attempts at suicide and a few friends I lost to suicides.
http://org22.zorpia.com/0/2820/18050210.cb63bf.gif
I can't decide on a placement for it though. I was thinking on my left shoulder blade or centered just below my neck. If anyone has any opinions I'm open to them.

Rici

BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
lol, Takumaru has the same tattoo as I do, nice! xD

Why don't you put that life symbol on the left side of your back(on the same height as your love symbol)?

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Mmm, I might consider that actually. It's less complex so hopefully the upper half won't be as painful. Ribs hurt.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Mine's on the side of my hip/love handle.

And I have nerve damage on that side of my body thanks to hitting my head and neck extremely hard when I was little.

So...yeah. It's ridiculously horrible, but it's so going to be worth it when it's done.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I think a lot about getting an Ahimsa tattoo somewhere on my body, then something in Chinese (as I'm taking a class in it). Dunno what the phrase would be

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I want a tattoo of Azua getting a tattoo from Riccy.

D

Deleted member

Hmm, in the height of the 90's tatoo craze I got ones all up my arms. I got them removed (hurts like crap) before I ran for office.

slave1

Smash Lord
i like tattoo's but at the same time i don't.

I like seeing what people have done but i find it strangely disgusting when i see some one with a tattoo.

i think they would be better paintings than anything else.

unless they are ear piercings, they are disgusting. and only one or two at that. my sister has like three or four in one of her ears. it bothers me

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think I would ever get a piercing, but I did get my first tattoo several months ago, a phoenix on my right shoulder blade(phoenixes just have way too much symbolism)... I'll probly get at least one more(want to do both shoulder blades at least, may end up with more, but can't even think of anything for the other shoulder blade yet).

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shave the rest of your back while your at it... Back hair is gross.
Haha very true, unfortunately at the time I was too lazy and that's the only pic I have of it... Also, its a pain to try to get a picture of my shoulder blade like that to get a new one>_>

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thanks, I was impressed with how it turned out myself. I'm a terrible artist so I couldn't draw it up myself, so I gave the guy who was gonna do it a couple pics I pulled off the net to base it off of, and he drew up the outlines and showed me before we started, the coloring was all entirely unknown till he got done, but it ended up pretty much exactly like I wanted it.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I have a question for everyone else with tattoos. Why did you get a tattoo and is there any reason you chose that placement other than looks?

I know I got my first one as a permanent reminder that no matter how alone I feel, someone out there loves me. Yes, it's cheesy and the reason for the placement is also kinda cheesy. It's on my back as a way of saying "someone's got my back" and in that particular spot because it's a vulnerable point on the body. You could think of it as some sort of protective seal but it's more symbolic than anything.

Rici

BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I got my tattoo because I wanted some sort of 'tribute' to my family and friends who have given me too much love my entire life. It's also a little reminder that I should return it more often.

I don't have a particular reason to get it under my neck piercing. It just looked way too cool. Also, I've always planned to get tattoos of the names of my children(when I get them) on my shoulders, next to the Love sign. But now I'm doubting between that or the sentence "Omnia Vincit Amor" which means:"Love conquers all".

But yeah, I'm gonna wait a while before I decide on getting that done, first gotta be sure of it.

On a side note: I know I look like a god****ed hippie with all this love talk, but it actually means something to me so screw you all! :p

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I actually don't have any reasoning behind my tattoos besides that I just like them, and have wanted them since I was about 12.

Funny thing though, I have some problem with my skin that doesn't make them permanent.
No matter who does it, how deep they do it, what kind of ink they use, etc, if I don't have it touched up, it will disappear.

So...if I ever decide I don't like them, I can just watch them fade away over the years.

Top Bottom