• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's tinker with bone structure!

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Wait...So this program is actually completely useless since its changes can't be saved in brawlbox, right? Is there any way to get around this glitch?....

toddtj

Smash Apprentice
Talk about bumping an ancient thread.
I realize the thread was dead and gone, but this program is still the only potential method of changing bone hierarchy that's been proposed, isn't it? It's quite frustrating to have spent 2-3 hours working with the program only to find that it never actually worked but no one bothered to say so. Before I abandon the project I was working on that needs this, I wanted to confirm that this program is in fact unfinished and useless, as it appears to be.

EDIT: I found an easier and more promising way to accomplish the same (similar) thing through different means, here. I apologize for necroing such an old thread only to lose interest in it hours later. To my defense, I only found this new information by complete chance--I did look around before posting here.
Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, for anyone interested, I saw something about a "bone-tree" editor in another post on kc-mm that implied that such a thing is in existence. If anyone else happens to find this thread through the character model replacement tutorial like I did and is looking for a program to modify bone hierarchy, check/ask around on kc-mm.

jellyfishjosh

Smash Rookie
well, this is a small program i made. i can edit:
bone index
parent bone
child bone
next bone
previous bone

http://www.mediafire.com/?mzoyygjjdiz

instructions:
save the model file as model.mdl0 in the same directory as bone mods.exe
the rest is self explanitory.
up/down change bone by 1
left/right change bone by 10
after hitting done, the program will automatically close when finished

make sure you have BBox handy, and it sadly doesnt show the name of bones.
feel free to delete bones.bon when finished with everything
how you use it im trying to make kid goku over luigi

jellyfishjosh

Smash Rookie
Okay, I don't get this. What happens when I change the parent, the child, the next thing, the previous thing? I don't want to change something randomly without knowing what I'm doing. Can somone help me understand the functions of this program better?
hey dude :bee:

Top Bottom