• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level 9 Monthlies - Louisville Jr, KY (March, 6th)

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Level 9 Monthlies

Alright guys, for those of you that remember the Louisville S2D weeklies that we had that actually gave Louisville a local smash scene, that's what we're gonna try to bring back. But... without the laggy HD TVs and limited time schedule. Here's the plan guys. Louisville travels a lot to tournaments, so every time we don't travel somewhere or don't have something planned, or everything's too far, we're going to have a small local tournament to build up the smash scene and give crash us a break.

First of all, contrary to the title of the thread, the tournaments are not actually in Louisville. Or... even in Kentucky for that matter ^^; We're going to be doing them in a college about twenty minutes from Louisville, Indiana University Southeast in New Albany Indiana

Address: 4201 Grant Line Rd. New Albany, IN 47150

We're in a specific room in IUS. See my second post in the thread for to get to us.

Entry: $10

Registration Ends: 3:00 pm.

We probably won't be doing doubles, since these are just filler tournaments. There will be no venue fee, and probably no pools. So for those of you that are butt hurt that this isn't a full fledged tournament, sorry. It's meant to be somewhat casual while still keeping the tournament environment to build up our local players and give our more competitive ones something local to fill our time. Our spare time after the tournament will be used as a smashfest. Entry will be cut to $5 if you bring a full setup.

Stage List:

Starters
Battlefield
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise

Counterpick
Final Destination
Halberd
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise

Yes. Final Destination is on counterpick. I'm open to argument but do not feel it belongs on the list of "neutral" stages for various reasons. For those that care to see more of my reasoning, here is a post I made awhile back when Overswarm was arguing with some people about FD and stuff. That post sums up my general view on the stage as a starter and how I feel about it, and is the reason it will be on the counterpick list at these events. So yeah. FD will not be neutral at these events, at least not initially, the stage list is subject to change.

Fine Print
-3 Stock
(other rules we've seen a million times before)
-8 minute timer
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)
-Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 for any "finals" matches)
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
-You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.
-No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.
-Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.
-Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Thursday Night Smashfests!!!!

Every Thursday night we meet here for a smashfest and just hang out. Anyone's welcome to come, the more people the better :D The only thing is, is that they start and run late. We usually don't end up getting there until about 10:30 and stay until about 3:00 to 4:00 in the morning, usually.

If you'd like to contact me, send me a message or post in here :D

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

Map of the Venue

Alright.
You're able to park wherever you want, but the best option is for you to park in section 4, the "Central Parking Lot". From there you're going to take the first entrance in the "US" building. Once you get inside take the first left and you'll see the room we'll be in. The room has glass walls so you'll know it when you see it. If you haven't come before and are worried about getting lost, let me know in advance and I'll help you out.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
Okay, I think it's about time I start playing again. I'm going to be preparing for the next couple of days.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Roan, the most recent advanced technique developed is maining MK.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Just a warning to everyone that is going.... Kirby is getting atleast top 3 here. ;) This is going to be really fun :).

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
DJ I'll be at the venue around 1:00 if that's okay with you. I have some things to do before then but should be there around then. So yeah go there :D

Light_13

Smash Journeyman
Lol scince the last kakuna mattata (however you spell it) that we planned on making owned us because of track practice >.>, we will try our absolute hardest to make it to this one. But, jeez $10?

How'd louisville do in the last MWC and where the **** is everybody?

neji32

Smash Lord
i guess i can try to come to this but dont expect me to be the same as before....i think ive picked up on os at....=p nah mk is waaay to boring to main but i am a snake kinda guy

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
^ kirby gonna chain grab that mofo. but seriously, glad your trying to get back into the scene (= ^

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Vorpal Lyric will be playing the part of Some Guy From Cinci

neji32

Smash Lord
we need doubles....it would be worth the hour trip if we had something that i would actually enter...=(
yea i dont do singles anymore

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Huh, I didn't know it was an hour out of the way for you spec O_o I keep forgetting you don't actually live in louisville. Sorry, for this event there won't be doubles. On the next one there may be, depending on the size of this event, and there will obviously be doubles at the next Kakuna Matata. We're considering holding KM4 at this venue, actually. It's more convenient of a venue, definitely.

Kel

Smash Master
Aw, AZ is holding an Ohio event the same day.

I'd say it would be hard to choose because they're the same distance apart but considering Cbus would have dubs, I'd have to go with that.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
That's fine, I don't really plan on competing with DU, haha. We won't be making it to columbus so this is just kind of a tourney to fill the date for us. It'll be great if you all can make it though :D

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Composer said I should go to this, but it's almost three hours away, and I'm not driving to any more distance tourneys except for Vamp's.
So no FanFan unless someone from Dayton is going to this as well :U

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Mister Eric might come.
If I do I'm bringing:
The world.

Top Bottom