• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
XD Nah, I'm joking, nothing I say is short.

To Xsyven: I didn't see your picture until now. Wow, we sure have a fine lot of handsome people here.

To everyone: I'm so glad this community comes from international roots and heritage.
Don't hate me because I'm white. ;)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Don't hate me because I'm white. ;)
Join us in White history month next year! It's the unofficial holiday supporting white pride! Woohoo!

It's in April. I almost got sent to the office because I was where a fake badge I made that said 'white pride month'.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I made a thread about Fragile. No one looks at the previous posts. -_-,

Here it is and please come check it out: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178406

I'm not necessarily a "true" fan of the Tales franchise but I am A fan lol. My first one was Tales of Symphonia so I'm definitely looking forward to the sequel. I also played Tales of the Abyss on my cousin's PS2 and boy, was it grand. I'm also looking forward to Swords of Legendia, which is not a "Tales" game, but revolves around the same universe. And its coming to the Wii, so I'm glad about that. The Wii is the only new generation console I own at this time and I'm glad third-parties are looking at it more seriously, with all these cool games coming out soon, like Fatal Frame IV and Arc of Fantasia. When I've saved enough money, I'm planning to get a PS3. I really want to play Soul Caliburs IV, Eternal Sonata, and Metal Gear Solid IV. Sorry for going off topic. XP

Also, I want to find a torrent with that main song from Fragile, but haven't had any luck. If any one finds one, please tell me. It's beyond words can describe.

PS: I don't hate white people silly. Don't go hating on us Asians and lets call it even. ;p

**O, I changed my avatar today. Do you guys like it?

I am gay for De De De

Smash Cadet
Indeed. A way of living is not a fashion trend. I don't mind there being some vanity to the LBGT community to the oppression they've faced but I'm not going to make it so that everyone thinks its a ****ing joke.
Time to play devil's advocate!

Why can't sexuality be a lifestyle and a fashion statement? If you are a gamer and you wear a mario shirt, are you not being hypocritical? Why is the gay shirt so different from any other shirt with a witty or possibly offensive saying?

I say that it is not. Perhaps the messages are pretentious or smarmy, but since when has that stopped anyone else from wearing any other kind of message on a t-shirt?

Life's too short to worry about what other people think of you. Is the shirt flattering on your body? Does it make you laugh and/or feel good wearing it? Then **** 'em.

Besides, what would you wear to gay pride events? ;)

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Going to elaborate off of Gay4D3's post: for all that I like my pink belt and it goes great with black t's, I wear it out sometimes when I'm just feeling like... "advertising". Sue me, but when you've been hit on by more asian chick twins than gay guys, every little bit helps ;).

As for the rest of the conversation I've missed... Yeah, not much to say. Never played those games, I've played some instruments in the past (bass, acoustic, saxophone, clarinet, picollo, glockenspiel... violin's the only one I still play), any south asian guys? (I likes me my Indian guys), Gay4D3 is still too cute, I wan buttsecks wit Ceiling Cat, and... that's about it.

EDIT: Gay4D3, you have to PM and tell me step by step how you do your hair. Not that I want to do your style, but I've never used a flat iron before, and it might be something to try.

Seiya

Smash Journeyman
Hmm..haven't been here in awhile..like forever. I guess I could give an update on me.

I work as a lifeguard at my local waterpark for the summer. Cool job..gets stressful at times but I love meeting new people. The team is nice and like I have no problem with any of them(Well one..she's mean . Mean girls ;_: ) There is a gay guy on the team. He's like 20 something and I'm still 17 and I have no way to like go up to him about it. I just talk to him about random stuff and just chill out. Plus the other guys on the team are like smoking hot and they're shirtless most of the time. XD Bad thing about the lifeguarding..I'm getting way dark. I'm already tan skin naturally..but hell..I'm going to be a shadow when school starts.

Also about Brawl. I haven't played Brawl in months since giving back the Wii I borrowed and waiting for a wii to be in stock near me. Anyhoo...I'll try to come back and check up on things.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I haven't posted to check up on all you guys but just saying hello and hears to the most fabulous thread on SWF. Sorry I can't change my orientation to be even more on topic, but I'm down to hang in this fabulous region.

We should tell the mods to give this thread its own skin LOL

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Seiya!! It's good to see you back. You never did give me a brawl challenge. >.<

And I agree with you guys about sexuality being both a fashion statement and a lifestyle. It's not for me though personally. I live my life proudly but I don't like to invite strangers into my private life per say. (That's hypocritical of me to say, but I mean, I don't like bringing people close to me in real life. It's how I've always been. Here in the online world, it feels like I have some security and safety. In real life, its completely different.) I'm proud of what I am, but I'm not proud of being vain and showing off what I am to others, for I grew up being modest. Plus, I never did like wearing T-shirts with sayings on them. I'm into shirts with beautiful graphic designs. I envy you guys who do your flair with full confidence. If I ever go to a "Pride Parade," I won't be the one with a statement on my chest. Actually, I'll just go bare chested. That would make it more fun and still keep my taciturnity in check.

*Oh, back to Blink777, my heritage includes South Asian. Malaysian counts in South Asian descent.

PS: A guy who uses a flat iron on his hair. That would make a killer youtube video. XD

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Wibi, Seiya and thanks for checking in, KevinM (and yeah, an exclusive skin would be full of awesome :p)

*Oh, back to Blink777, my heritage includes South Asian. Malaysian counts in South Asian descent.
<3

PS: A guy who uses a flat iron on his hair. That would make a killer youtube video. XD
Somebody get on this now!

By the by: pink belts work wonders. Yuyuyuz ^^.

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
After waking up and feeling like today was going to be a good day, my roommate slapped me with some downright dirty ****.

I reccommend it be given a look at before I, below, repeat exactly what I said to him to the people here who I'm sure are going to be upset.

"Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter in the slightest. If there's physical signs in fetal development that can allow a parent to choose their child's sexual orientation, then homosexuality in humans will be ended. Science driven by religion will triumph over nature, and the children who are born 'suppressed' won't ever know it. And thus, sickening as this is, it doesn't matter."

And that sucks. Because I believe in science improving things, assisting nature in making things better. Not science, driven by nutcases playing god, to DOMINATE nature. Just think. If this sort of thing was ready and available twenty years ago, how many of us would actually be here now? Mmm?

*crawls back to the bathroom to throw up again*

EDIT: I do apologize for bringing such bad news to such a pretty-looking fun time we're all having right now. I suppose teh Ceiling Cat givez teh cheezburgrs, n teh Ceiling Cat takez dem awy.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
After waking up and feeling like today was going to be a good day, my roommate slapped me with some downright dirty ****.

I reccommend it be given a look at before I, below, repeat exactly what I said to him to the people here who I'm sure are going to be upset.

"Doesn't matter. Doesn't matter in the slightest. If there's physical signs in fetal development that can allow a parent to choose their child's sexual orientation, then homosexuality in humans will be ended. Science driven by religion will triumph over nature, and the children who are born 'suppressed' won't ever know it. And thus, sickening as this is, it doesn't matter."

And that sucks. Because I believe in science improving things, assisting nature in making things better. Not science, driven by nutcases playing god, to DOMINATE nature. Just think. If this sort of thing was ready and available twenty years ago, how many of us would actually be here now? Mmm?

EDIT: I do apologize for bringing such bad news to such a pretty-looking fun time we're all having right now. I suppose teh Ceiling Cat givez teh cheezburgrs, n teh Ceiling Cat takez dem awy.
Aw snap, son.
God dun messed up, now it's up to us to fix it.
Shiiiiiiiiiiit.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
Well it's obvious. It's not that shocking.... I come from a family who has stated outright that "If I would be pregnant and there were a test to see what's wrong with my baby and my baby would be gay...I'd get an abortion."

There are some parents who may opt not to learn just as there are some who may opt not to learn the gender of their baby.

I am gay for De De De

Smash Cadet

I should say that I have a mistrust of this article, like I do of everything I see or read. Everyone has their own agenda.

That said, consider if you were not gay. Would it make you an inferior person? You are only angry because you are gay and the thought of someone making you straight is infuriating. I'm sure you like being gay; I do too and if I had the choice I wouldn't change it. However, that opinion is not the only one to have, and it would be naive to imagine that everyone shares it.

If you were straight from birth then you wouldn't care either. It's sad to think that there would be no more homosexuality in humans, but only because we are homosexual and it feels like a kind of death.

I don't think this will ever come to fruition, until the social matter of homosexuality is solved anyhow. It will merely change into a kind of anti-gay-abortion, just like there is a fight with regular abortion now.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
For all that it brings up a twinge of sadness, I really do see your friend's thoughts becoming a reality. I really don't like talking about this subject though, so I won't really go deep into things.

Anywho, I'm feeling far more photogenic today (still don't like taking pictures, but meh), so I took another--non-idiot-pose--picture.

Today's hair is brought to you by getting out of the shower, towel drying, and then saying "**** it" and just slapping the result with hairspray. I love it when that works :p. Going to try Gay4D3's flat iron stuff though sometime soon.

Anyone else in/near a major city doing a pride event this weekend? I'll be going out to Toronto's parade tomorrow. I'm not overly stoked about it, but it'll be my first one, and a lot of my straight friends really wanna go.

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
Dayum, love the hair and you're totally photogenic! I think everyone just doesn't like the way they look in pics (god i hate the way i come out -___-) like how people don't like the way they sound on the phone or somethin'.

Faora Meridian said:

I thought it was scientifically proven that people are born gay =/ Too much progesterone in the womb or somethin' that gives a semi-femenine mentality but still retain a masculinesque appearance?

I dunno...i feel like science has sort of become a religion of its own which is kinda oxymoronic. Just my opinion though so it doesn't really matter. I, too, believe that science is here to make things better but there really should be a limit as to what is defined as productivity or playing God.

Well...on a less philosophical note, i just got a gig for a wedding tomorrow xD All i gotta do is play a bunch of wedding songs, showtunes, and other lame music, but hey, i'm gettin' paid! Woot! ^.^

blink777 said:
Anyone else in/near a major city doing a pride event this weekend? I'll be going out to Toronto's parade tomorrow. I'm not overly stoked about it, but it'll be my first one, and a lot of my straight friends really wanna go.
There SHOULD be somethin' goin' on here somewhere in San Francisco, but it dunno, it's a couple hours away and i can't legally drive yet T.T I haven't been to a pride festival yet =[ Just AIDS walks and gay clubs. Are pride festivals the ones with floats and shirtless men in asslesschaps dancin' on top of them? I wanna go...

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I should say that I have a mistrust of this article, like I do of everything I see or read. Everyone has their own agenda.

That said, consider if you were not gay. Would it make you an inferior person? You are only angry because you are gay and the thought of someone making you straight is infuriating. I'm sure you like being gay; I do too and if I had the choice I wouldn't change it. However, that opinion is not the only one to have, and it would be naive to imagine that everyone shares it.

If you were straight from birth then you wouldn't care either. It's sad to think that there would be no more homosexuality in humans, but only because we are homosexual and it feels like a kind of death.

I don't think this will ever come to fruition, until the social matter of homosexuality is solved anyhow. It will merely change into a kind of anti-gay-abortion, just like there is a fight with regular abortion now.
Yeah, the idea of somebody making me straight sickens me... I mean, I don't have to worry about all the stuff straight guys have to worry about! D= Like when your girlfriend is on her period or something like that... though there are some pretty moody guys too (I'm one of them...) so maybe that's not the best argument. ^^;
There are so many bigger fish to fry. =/

For all that it brings up a twinge of sadness, I really do see your friend's thoughts becoming a reality. I really don't like talking about this subject though, so I won't really go deep into things.

Anywho, I'm feeling far more photogenic today (still don't like taking pictures, but meh), so I took another--non-idiot-pose--picture.

Today's hair is brought to you by getting out of the shower, towel drying, and then saying "**** it" and just slapping the result with hairspray. I love it when that works :p. Going to try Gay4D3's flat iron stuff though sometime soon.

Good grief, why must you be so adorable? >_<

I've never been to a pride event... but then again I'm 17 and I never go anywhere anyway. ._. Be sure to tell us about it when you get back! ^^

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Same here Momo. *Sigh at my youth* I'm not allowed to go to such places. And even if I could, I got no one to go with me to such events. -_-

My parents are homophobic (in the sense since they tolerate LBGT people, but don't want any part of them in their lives) people and I know they would have wanted me straight if I could be changed.

However, I don't think all couples would opt for such a thing. In a science article I read, it said boys who are gay were just given a bit too much estrogen when they were being developed. It said that women wanted kinder husbands who would stay with them and their children longer, hence the estrogen part. Just a bit too much can cause homosexuality. I don't know where I'm placed in that, since I like my girls and I like my guys. XP But yeah, I don't think scientists know what they are doing. If they actually destroy homosexuality, I can see more people being unhappy with divorces and then reverting to the Stone Ages where men would find a woman, knock her up, then leave her to find a more "attractive" girl, and continue that cycle. In my opinion, homosexuality is just a normal part of evolution and though we aren't interested in knocking up women, we're still people. There is enough meat-heads to carry on the duty so let us have our peace.

Science used in the benefit of humanity is a good thing, like fighting cancer and a cure for longevity. Science used in playing a "God' role, such as moving this planet farther from the sun, bringing back the dead, or altering the genetic structure of a fetus, will have negative results in the long run and untimely lead to humanity's downfall. There is a limit to what will benefit us all or kill our species in the end. >.<

At least I'll be dead by then. Hahaha! Let that go to the problems of my descendants and children (if I have any).

PS: Blink777, you keep getting hotter each time we see you. It's true. All posing for us now in your new picture. What's next, you becoming a full pledge model with his shirt off... *hmmm*... actually... we would all like that. XD

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Oh believe me, I'm not naive to believe that there is anything at all in the world, least of all any homosexual issue, that everyone could agree on, aside from kittens being cute and Hitler being bad. Not saying that I'm not naive (I SO am, and I'm aware of it), but I'm not quite that bad.

To, I'm not angry for those reasons. What angers me is that the money that has been spent researching a cure for teh ghey could have been spent on better education, the environment, or if you want to keep it medical, how about treatment of diseases, cancer and the like? I'm angry cause people are wasting time and money trying to fix the gay problem when there's no problem to fix, and the effort could be spent on something that could actually benefit society.

For the record, I'm one of those few gay guys who no, would NOT choose to be straight. If it was a choice I could make, I would refuse it, because this is how I am. Anything different would be forced and a lie, and I'd resent myself (more). That's just me. I know a lot of gay people who WOULD choose to be straight if they could. I understand and sympathize with them and accept their points. On a personal level I disagree, but only because it's not what works with me.

I feel I'm getting long winded again (curled up in bed with a temperature and too many layers of clothes on me), and I worry I'm coming across more militaristic than I would want to, so I'll finish up and leave quietly, and return in the morning to see who I've pissed off, heh heh. I'm good at that!

My anger comes from abuse of resources over a socio-political issue that needs to just dry up and blow away. My anger comes from being seen as a problem. My anger comes from an aspect of future children potentially being suppressed for the sake of a narrow-minded ideal of what a couple should be. And my anger comes from seeing how far gay rights and acceptance can come, and how quickly everything can shatter and fall and break into a thousand glittery, rainbow-coloured pieces, to be swept under the rug. I'm angry because they're ****ing with a core aspect of nature, and it shouldn't be ****ed with. I love my science and I believe it's capable of a lot of great things, but I don't reckon they should **** with our DNA too much, either. Yes, make us stronger, faster, smarter, and we'll see how far they go before damage is done.

*pants for a moment and folds his arms, nodding before passing out flat on his bed*

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Oh believe me, I'm not naive to believe that there is anything at all in the world, least of all any homosexual issue, that everyone could agree on, aside from kittens being cute and Hitler being bad. Not saying that I'm not naive (I SO am, and I'm aware of it), but I'm not quite that bad.

To, I'm not angry for those reasons. What angers me is that the money that has been spent researching a cure for teh ghey could have been spent on better education, the environment, or if you want to keep it medical, how about treatment of diseases, cancer and the like? I'm angry cause people are wasting time and money trying to fix the gay problem when there's no problem to fix, and the effort could be spent on something that could actually benefit society.

For the record, I'm one of those few gay guys who no, would NOT choose to be straight. If it was a choice I could make, I would refuse it, because this is how I am. Anything different would be forced and a lie, and I'd resent myself (more). That's just me. I know a lot of gay people who WOULD choose to be straight if they could. I understand and sympathize with them and accept their points. On a personal level I disagree, but only because it's not what works with me.

I feel I'm getting long winded again (curled up in bed with a temperature and too many layers of clothes on me), and I worry I'm coming across more militaristic than I would want to, so I'll finish up and leave quietly, and return in the morning to see who I've pissed off, heh heh. I'm good at that!

My anger comes from abuse of resources over a socio-political issue that needs to just dry up and blow away. My anger comes from being seen as a problem. My anger comes from an aspect of future children potentially being suppressed for the sake of a narrow-minded ideal of what a couple should be. And my anger comes from seeing how far gay rights and acceptance can come, and how quickly everything can shatter and fall and break into a thousand glittery, rainbow-coloured pieces, to be swept under the rug. I'm angry because they're ****ing with a core aspect of nature, and it shouldn't be ****ed with. I love my science and I believe it's capable of a lot of great things, but I don't reckon they should **** with our DNA too much, either. Yes, make us stronger, faster, smarter, and we'll see how far they go before damage is done.

*pants for a moment and folds his arms, nodding before passing out flat on his bed*
I agree with everything this guy just said, because its everything I just said on my post on the other page. ^-^

I hope you get better. Come on, its summer!! Be happy!! How the **** does someone get a cold in the middle of the brightest and hottest time of the year!! Come on, get better for the sake of all those hot, shirtless, sweaty guys jogging on the sidewalk. Well for me, its boardwalk since I live by the beach, but you catch my drift. ;)

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace

I agree with you on all of this, it's just not right to do.

I wouldn't change myself either, I actually like liking guys... it's just the way I am, the thought of being straight bores me... even if I was a girl I'd rather be a lesbian than straight. ^^; I guess I'm just weird like that, the idea of a more conventional kind of relationship bores me to death... I like difference.

PS: Blink777, you keep getting hotter each time we see you. It's true. All posing for us now in your new picture. What's next, you becoming a full pledge model with his shirt off... *hmmm*... actually... we would all like that. XD
Hauuuuu!! We'd definitely like that! OMOCHIKAERI!! >w<

(Omochikaeri basically means I wanna take him home! >w< ... meh it's a Higurashi thing. =P)

Somasu

Smash Ace
Okay, so I just came out to my mother and am now in some pretty serious shock.

Holy. ****ing. ****.

I can't believe it happened...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm going to guess how the convo went...

Somasu: Mom... I'm... gay.
Somasu's Mom: No you aren't! You're just going through a confusing time in life right now and you're unsure of yourself!
Somasu: I am though
Somasu's Mom: NO YOU'RE NOT
Somasu: ...**** this.

Or it went kind of like that. You know, sort of.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
This is probably a really bad time, but is the Fox in your signature supposed to look like Tails, Somasu?

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the Fox looks like Tails a lot.

Anyway, I'm sorry how it went. I hope it cools off eventually. She just needs time I think. I hope anyway. I don't want to see you go homeless.

We're all here supporting you!!

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Wow, I just realized this topic existed until now. It's really cool. I didn't realize the smash community was so accepting. You know, I'm a guy, and I'm not gay, and I think gays are the best of people. But my entire life I was called gay and made fun of because of my long hair. It pissed me off when people called me gay, because I'm not, but I felt guilty about saying I'm not gay, because I feel it's almost an insult to the gay lifestyle. My entire school is filled with homophobes, and I can barely walk down an hallway without someone calling me gay, or telling me to cut my hair. I's a rather awkward position to be in. But you know, the one thing that cheers me up the most is pissing those people off by pretending to be stereotypically gay. LIke one time, a friend of mine who uses the dis "gay" way too much finally got on my nerves, so on day while on a school trip to philadelphia, just to annoy him, my other non-homophobic and I held hands and skipped down the street with me.:) It was priceless to see the look on his face. Something like this:confused:

And Somasu, I hope things go well

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Yeah, the Fox looks like Tails a lot.

Anyway, I'm sorry how it went. I hope it cools off eventually. She just needs time I think. I hope anyway. I don't want to see you go homeless.

We're all here supporting you!!
Well, Tails is a fox. ^_^ Resemblances are expected, hehe.

Wow, I just realized this topic existed until now. It's really cool. I didn't realize the smash community was so accepting. You know, I'm a guy, and I'm not gay, and I think gays are the best of people. But my entire life I was called gay and made fun of because of my long hair. It pissed me off when people called me gay, because I'm not, but I felt guilty about saying I'm not gay, because I feel it's almost an insult to the gay lifestyle. My entire school is filled with homophobes, and I can barely walk down an hallway without someone calling me gay, or telling me to cut my hair. I's a rather awkward position to be in. But you know, the one thing that cheers me up the most is pissing those people off by pretending to be stereotypically gay. LIke one time, a friend of mine who uses the dis "gay" way too much finally got on my nerves, so on day while on a school trip to philadelphia, just to annoy him, my other non-homophobic and I held hands and skipped down the street with me.:) It was priceless to see the look on his face. Something like this:confused:
Welcome to the thread, even if you're not officially part of the team. You seem really nice, heh. What's with your hair? How's it so gay, heh? Post a pic ^_^

And Soma... *e-hugs* You'll be alright, dude.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Thanks for the welcome. Well, ask Grandeza, who you can usually find in the artwork emporium about the hair. He's in my school, because I don't post pics of myself online:urg: sorry, I'm jsut a little bit cautious about online stuff. And, well, people in my school basically think long hair+boy=gay. People say my face looks a bit like a girl's, but I don't really think so...I've had my hair for a really long time, mainly because it just makes me stand out as a human being (rather corn, I know). I'm still really young, and have only had one girlfriend in my while life, so I can't get into this deep discussion about relationships,and once it gets sexual, if there are no spiler tags, I'll probably be avoiding. Abut any time a few little debates pop up, or if someone needs advice on life, I'll probably be looking.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Its cool to see a new supporter here. Not everyone in this thread is necessarily gay. I come here just to support the people because they are nice and fun to brawl with.

Also, how that tourney go now KingReMo?

Shanky

Smash Cadet
Ok, I'm gonna go a little deep here, sorry folks!

Re: the whole "curing homosexuality" thing, I've definitely thought about that before. As much as we all argue that we are born this way (as opposed to those ignorant bigots who believe people "choose" to be gay), if it does come down to a "gay gene", so to speak, then people will try to change it. And homosexuality as we know it will cease to exist. Which is definitely a very scary thought.

However, I think we're a long, long way away from that. Personally, I think that homosexuality stems from a combination of biology & genetics and from social factors at a very young age. So hopefully we never come to that.

On a lighter note...
MojoMan, you're awesome.

Soma...I feel for you buddy. But hopefully with some time your mom will come around. She probably needs a little time to process.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Well, I feel accepted already. I haven't been this appreciated for a while. And for the "curing of homosexuality" thing, I think that is total crap. It's like trying to cure someone of being straight. It just isn't possible. on a related note, has anyone seen X-Men? It's a bit like that. The government finds a way to "cure" all mutants of what makes them who they are, and some of them go with it just to fit in, but most go crazy at the very idea. I think, that if some total *** of a human being discovered some mind-altering formula to stop homosexuality, you should have the right to be angry beyond all recognition.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
Ok, I'm gonna go a little deep here, sorry folks!

Re: the whole "curing homosexuality" thing, I've definitely thought about that before. As much as we all argue that we are born this way (as opposed to those ignorant bigots who believe people "choose" to be gay), if it does come down to a "gay gene", so to speak, then people will try to change it. And homosexuality as we know it will cease to exist. Which is definitely a very scary thought.

However, I think we're a long, long way away from that. Personally, I think that homosexuality stems from a combination of biology & genetics and from social factors at a very young age. So hopefully we never come to that.
Going along with this topic, I remember watching a movie on Logo (which is a lovely little channel that I unfortunately don't have any longer) called Hard Pill. It was about a depressed gay man who took an experimental pill that makes people straight. It was interesting, I suppose. Actually, it kind of sucked, but there was a few parts that make you think what you would do in that situation. Most guys (including me) wouldn't change their orientation, but you never know how people are treated. *shrugs* Just saying.

MojoMan

Smash Ace
Do oyou know what I think the worst possible outcome of finding an anti-gay formula is? I think that the government will eventually force gays to take the formula. After doing so, the former gays will want to love men again, but of course cannot choose to be gay, and will live the rest of their life in depression, once again, and example from X-Men, which is a rather inspirational movie in this area, if I do say so myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom