• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andydark

Smash Journeyman
Bourbonnais IL||I consider myself competent. AIM:
LAWL I like the Peach in your avatar.

And sorry for the nonsensical postings of last night, as I sort of stated my mom slipped me a sleeping pill and it made me sort of out of it. A more in depth ramble!

Post 1: After watching Cold Case, I brought up racial issues with a friend who I thought was mildly racist. I was right, it's more so that he's "Traditional" and he doesn't think interracial/gay marriages are right at all. He also points out the flaws of Affirmative action, which I agree there are some flaws. But it's a band-aid for a bigger problem. But anyway with a series of turning his own logic back at him, I shook up his beliefs to the point where he commented a black woman was flirting with him the other night and he may pursue, because she seemed nice and blah blah.

The other thing is while in my stupor, I told the guy I like that word that everyone avoids. Y'know, I rambled about it a few pages back. Love etc.

Yeah, I wound up telling him I love him. Which...yeah... I don't really REMEMBER how it went, it seemed to have gone well, since I don't feel down at all.

...I hate my mother.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I actually have a serious questions for all of you

Would you agree that homosexuality is a genetic defect? For a long time I wouldn't, but if you actually look at it, I mean, if we were all gay we'd die out, that seems like a defect. Either way it doesn't matter to me, I'm already way to the left on social issues and homosexual equality is the biggest issue for me in politics, but I wanted to know what you'd think.

Queen

Smash Apprentice
Defect? I suppose this would depend on how one frames the word. I've heard inklings of homosexuality being a biological response to control population growth. If that is indeed valid then I would have to say, "No."

Faora Meridian

Smash Apprentice
Would you agree that homosexuality is a genetic defect?
No.

... not enough of an answer? Sorry, righto. No, I do not.

Still not enough? *shrugs and cracks his knuckles* No. I do not believe it to be a genetic defect, nor do I believe it to be a genetic fluke. Homosexuality in nature serves a distinct social purpose and, while I do not believe that engaging in homosexuality for the sake of getting one's rocks off and building social bonds through sex is really something that is right for our current society... I do think that it is NATURAL.

As a result of that belief in it being natural, no, I cannot conceive of homosexuality being a 'defect' in any sense of the word.

*crawls back into his bed with a box of tissues*

Duchock

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say it is a defect. If not for the dire choice of words, then for the fact that just because you're "gay" doesn't mean you're completely devoid of the will to reproduce.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
personally im not gay, but saying that people who are gay have a defect is completely wrong. In my opinion being gay is more of a mental responce of somekind such a stress or loneliness, not shure how but that is somewhat what it is.IMO

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's a genetic quirk. Seeing as how a very small percent of people are gay, and that nobody in their right minds would stay gay if they could change that, as we are a very persecuted group.

It may be nature's way of controlling population, or maybe it's just a weird side-effect of genetic change. All that really matters is that we're people and we deserve the rights that everybody else has.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I made my point about this three pages ago. Ugh. I'll bring what I said back here:

"However, I don't think all couples would opt for such a thing. In a science article I read, it said boys who are gay were just given a bit too much estrogen when they were being developed. It said that women wanted kinder husbands who would stay with them and their children longer, hence the estrogen part. Just a bit too much can cause homosexuality. I don't know where I'm placed in that, since I like my girls and I like my guys. XP But yeah, I don't think scientists know what they are doing. If they actually destroy homosexuality, I can see more people being unhappy with divorces and then reverting to the Stone Ages where men would find a woman, knock her up, then leave her to find a more "attractive" girl, and continue that cycle. In my opinion, homosexuality is just a normal part of evolution and though we aren't interested in knocking up women, we're still people. There is enough meat-heads to carry on the duty so let us have our peace. Plus, who says we don't want to have children!! We're normal people. It's just that gay people would rather have a person they can love and connect with who is of the same gender."

Is it a genetic defect? Nah. It was intentional. It's a quirk though. Some people think its a good thing and some people will make it a huge dilemma when it really isn't. No matter what, stopping something which shouldn't will cause a major blow to humanity in the future. Just watch! I say let nature run its course and only stop these events if they cause the downfall of humanity, like global warming and cancer.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I've heard inklings of homosexuality being a biological response to control population growth.
I actually felt smart for a couple days once I figured this out to myself, then I read the same thing on the interwebs and found out I didn't invent a breakthrough theory in Homophysics. /cry

Anyway, focusing on the subject of the Pride things going on, I went to the one here in Denver recently. I didn't really plan to, but I was downtown anyway on a photo excursion and thought I'd join. I barely came out this May, and although I was kinda nervous, I had a really fun time just walking around and enjoying the atmosphere - except for the fact I was so ****ING done with walking around all day with a heavy camera and Macbook. Arg.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
Considering going to Atlanta Pride during 4th of July weekend.
Gonna have to find some peeps to drag along with me, though. XD

Timbers

check me out
180 page topic of faggotry.

Totally kicka
ss

Would you agree that homosexuality is a genetic defect? For a long time I wouldn't, but if you actually look at it, I mean, if we were all gay we'd die out, that seems like a defect. Either way it doesn't matter to me, I'm already way to the left on social issues and homosexual equality is the biggest issue for me in politics, but I wanted to know what you'd think.

I'm somewhat in the same boat as you are on the subject. I believe it may very well have been some sort of defect. I think the mere thought of calling it a defect is what offends or discourages many gays in this respect. And if they feel it isn't a defect, then that's perfectly fine too. I just don't really care what it is, as I have no desire to change it or regret being who I am. So what if it's a defect, it's not like I've just let down the entire world and my meager existance is going to **** the gene pool <.< I don't care if it's ever generally considered a defect. There are people in the world with a mentality of a 2 year old, or going through their life at 3 feet tall. I think I'll somehow manage tapping man as
s for the rest of my life. <.<

Regarding these pride parades, I personally have no desire to ever ever ever go to one, but I have to ask, to the people who do enjoy these things, what makes you go? Friends? Just because? etc?

I am gay for De De De

Smash Cadet

Nature vs. Nurture; I think that Homosexuality is indeed an immutable trait instilled from before birth. I find "defect" to be a bit of a misnomer though.

Homosexuality is found within nature. There are many examples in the animal kingdom of homosexual behavior, and not just because "all da wimmens gone."

blink777

Smash Journeyman
Would you agree that homosexuality is a genetic defect?
I'm not sure that "defect" is the right word, but yes, I do agree with the rest of your statement. I'm not the way a person is really "supposed to be", but since this past weekend I think I've gotten over that. I know I'm not "normal" (for lack of a better word, I know we've discussed that word here before), but that's part of what makes me "me", and I like it.

*crawls back into his bed with a box of tissues*
Get better, dangit! *tosses internet-soup at Faora*

In my opinion being gay is more of a mental responce of somekind such a stress or loneliness, not shure how but that is somewhat what it is.IMO
Anyone else find opinions like this more offensive than people saying homosexuality is a "defect"? I certainly do.

Hope you can make it and have a good time ^^.

180 page topic of faggotry.

Totally kicka
ss
lulz all over the place.

Regarding these pride parades, I personally have no desire to ever ever ever go to one, but I have to ask, to the people who do enjoy these things, what makes you go? Friends? Just because? etc?
I went mainly just because it was my first since coming out, and it seemed like the thing to do. It was actually a lot of fun and I plan to go again next year.

There are many examples in the animal kingdom of homosexual behavior, and not just because "all da wimmens gone."
*snickers*

Also, I added a little somethin' to my signature image. Taking a page out of Xsyven's book on how not to seem vain (lol), and my roommate caught wind of people saying the line and thought it was hilarious (she's now trying to bring it into her everyday talks with me :p).

Somasu

Smash Ace
I'd go, but I have work all through that weekend >_< And I completely forgot to ask off for Pride

Kirby knight

Smash Lord

I've been watching this thread for quite sometime and I think I'll respond to this. I think genetics may make a person more predisposed to become a homosexual but I don't think that genetics is the only determining factor.

If everyone in this world was "gay" we would not die out. Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that they cannot have intercourse with the opposite sex in order to sustain humanity. I've seen many people in my life that would bring up the "If we were all gay we would die out" and it's simply ludicrous. The fact of that matter is that as of right now homosexuality is a great minority and has little effect when it comes to dwindling down the earth's population.

I'm curious about the lives of homosexuals, I've never met one in real life. So I've been watching this thread to peek into their lives and did not think I'd ever reply, but I did. I bare no malice or hatred towards anyone regardless of their ethnicity, religion or other differentiating values. I know first hand what it feels like to be attacked and do not wish that pain upon anyone else.

null

Smash Apprentice
@ Timbers: First, I'd never been to Pride before this year. I can't offer much as for reasoning (or perhaps I can offer a lot), as I went for the following reasons: Friends, possibility of meeting new people, it being a social event with tons of people, fun, curiosity, and for once to be amonga group of people where I'm not an absolute minority (this goes for race and religion, as well as being gay).
It was actually a lot of fun and (for the most part) a very comfortable environment (I'm neither flamboyant, nor a crossdresser, nor have I seen the latter in person before, so it took a little getting used to.)

Second,
There are people in the world with a mentality of a 2 year old, or going through their life at 3 feet tall. I think I'll somehow manage tapping man *** for the rest of my life. <.<
I'm saving this. ^_^

And

I've been watching this thread for quite sometime and I think I'll respond to this. I think genetics may make a person more predisposed to become a homosexual but I don't think that genetics is the only determining factor.

If everyone in this world was "gay" we would not die out. Just because someone is a homosexual does not mean that they cannot have intercourse with the opposite sex in order to sustain humanity. I've seen many people in my life that would bring up the "If we were all gay we would die out" and it's simply ludicrous. The fact of that matter is that as of right now homosexuality is a great minority and has little effect when it comes to dwindling down the earth's population.

I'm curious about the lives of homosexuals, I've never met one in real life. So I've been watching this thread to peek into their lives and did not think I'd ever reply, but I did. I bare no malice or hatred towards anyone regardless of their ethnicity, religion or other differentiating values. I know first hand what it feels like to be attacked and do not wish that pain upon anyone else.
Absolutely right, even if every single person in the world was gay, we're not stupid enough to stop re-population. And who's to say homosexuals aren't reproducing now? A girl in my class had a father who was gay...he didn't come out until after he had 13 children, and there are similar stories. And even outside of that, has anyone ever heard of sperm/egg donation? I'm personally signed up for it, and I plan on having a natural child of my own or two someday.

Being homosexual does not remove the desire to copy yourself, nor would it make people so stupid to realize that it needs to be done to keep the human race alive.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll somehow manage tapping man *** for the rest of my life.
This line is glorious!! *Worships your feet*

Absolutely right, even if every single person in the world was gay, we're not stupid enough to stop re-population. And who's to say homosexuals aren't reproducing now? A girl in my class had a father who was gay...he didn't come out until after he had 13 children, and there are similar stories.
Gee willkers!! So so sad. Tells his boyfriend, "Hi! I have 13 kids. Let's shag under the covers now that my little buddy gets excited for tapping man *** now." ;)

This is a news flash to me!! Where have you been dude!! Hopefully not in the middle of nowhere like Little House on the Prarie.

I love this thread!! And welcome to this part of the town Kirby Knight!! ^-^

*PS: To Blink777 and everyone here, just so you know, I Am Gay For D3 is totally hot in a speedo. ;) I almost fainted from the magnificent sight. :p

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well I saw this going on and since the high school debator side of me forces me to participate in EVERY debate about religion, homosexuality, racism, etc. I just had to post here.

Expiriments show that gay men actually do have brains that react more similarly to women's than men's in may circumstances so it's clear that it's not a concious choice on their part.

So the question is, is it decided before they are born or in the first few years of their life?

Regardless, defect is a harsh wording for it... it's something inborn, or, at least, undecided by the people who actally end up gay themselves... but to call it a defect seems a bit harsh to me. Sure... it's not normal in the sense that they are a minority, but, I mean... neither are redheads or blondes genetically, does this make it a defect? Some of the better people tthat I know are actually gay... maybe this is because all of the ostracism and persecution that they are forced to suffer within society galvenizes them into better people... maybe it's because they are naturally more tolerant of differences... I don't know. But I like them for who they are and being gay is part of them... if it's a defect... then I guess I don't well enough understand the meaning of the word.

Oh, and I'm a catholic here... so if anyone wants to argue against homosexuality religiously against me, I have stockpiles of copy-paste arguments I've made before to use against you.

peace out. have a good thread ;)

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
This is a news flash to me!! Where have you been dude!! Hopefully not in the middle of nowhere like Little House on the Prarie.

I love this thread!! And welcome to this part of the town Kirby Knight!! ^-^
Well, I do live in where you could call the middle of nowhere but I lived in the city beforehand. I doubt I'd ever meet someone who is gay here; the cons of coming far far to great for someone to do so. So I guess this is the closest thing I'll ever get to meeting someone who is a homosexual.

I do have a question though.

Have you ever met someone who was against homosexuality but after they met you(well not you in particular anyone can answer) they were okay with it or at least became more tolerant of it?

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gay. :p

I support these people here because they are amazing people to know. I'm actually bisexual, but I get ostracized too once in a while, but I'm lucky enough to have grown up with a thick head, so usually anything negative said about me is brushed aside. And my friends are totally cool with my sexuality. It's just being human.

And hmm... I guess so. I've met tons of people but the thing is that they are tolerant of the LGBT but don't know much about us. They think we should be separated, when in fact, we're no different. The only thing is that I have an attraction for both the female and male form. But I prefer a person with a leveled head and many talents over someone who was drop-dead gorgeous with a pretty face but no noodle. ;)

PS: I love this group even more now. Especially what I get to see and hear. ^-^ Thanks again D3!! I love the song.

Timbers

check me out
lulz all over the place.
This line is glorious!! *Worships your feet*
@ Timbers: First, I'd never been to Pride before this year. I can't offer much as for reasoning (or perhaps I can offer a lot), as I went for the following reasons: Friends, possibility of meeting new people, it being a social event with tons of people, fun, curiosity, and for once to be amonga group of people where I'm not an absolute minority (this goes for race and religion, as well as being gay).
It was actually a lot of fun and (for the most part) a very comfortable environment (I'm neither flamboyant, nor a crossdresser, nor have I seen the latter in person before, so it took a little getting used to.)
That's cool. I'm not openly gay, so maybe that's what's hindering me on wanting to go these things, but I still find it an uncomfortable environment for myself. I don't feel like it's something that needs parading, when all it is, is your sexuality. I find orientation to be a very irrelevant part of someone's life. I'm not condemning people that enjoy going, but I just wanted to throw my opinion out there <.<

Oh, and I'm a catholic here... so if anyone wants to argue against homosexuality religiously against me, I have stockpiles of copy-paste arguments I've made before to use against you.
wat.

Argue about what Catholics think of homosexuality? I'm not sure what this means, lol. But no, I don't believe every Catholic person is against homosexuality..if that's what you meant, at all.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
wat.

Argue about what Catholics think of homosexuality? I'm not sure what this means, lol. But no, I don't believe every Catholic person is against homosexuality..if that's what you meant, at all.
No... sorry >_<

I'm a devout Catholic... and, yet, I'm about as pro homosexual as they come. But a lot of my... less than enlightened... fellow catholics blindly throw the Bible in front of the issue of homosexuality and say that, not only do they dislike it, but that it's a monsterous sin.... I merely do my best to knock them off thier high horses with,what I try to construct as a strong and well founded, logical argument.

but, yeah... most other catholics that I know aren't with me on this one.... but that doesn't stop me from believing I'm right on the issue and being able to make an argument, and a **** good one, that the our religion (not necessarily members of our religion) supports me.

but, yeah... currently this room isn't being bashed so there's really no reason for me to clutter your thread with debates.

*resumes lurking to punish any who would dare argue against him*

JediKnightLuigi

Smash Apprentice
When you say 'devout' Catholic, does that mean you follow the bible word for word? I'm not talking about papal bulls or anything else like that, just the bible.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
No... sorry >_<

I'm a devout Catholic... and, yet, I'm about as pro homosexual as they come. But a lot of my... less than enlightened... fellow catholics blindly throw the Bible in front of the issue of homosexuality and say that, not only do they dislike it, but that it's a monsterous sin.... I merely do my best to knock them off thier high horses with,what I try to construct as a strong and well founded, logical argument.

but, yeah... most other catholics that I know aren't with me on this one.... but that doesn't stop me from believing I'm right on the issue and being able to make an argument, and a **** good one, that the our religion (not necessarily members of our religion) supports me.

but, yeah... currently this room isn't being bashed so there's really no reason for me to clutter your thread with debates.

*resumes lurking to punish any who would dare argue against him*
im not gay, but YAY a catholic who belive homosexuality is not a bad thing. Personally (like ive said before) IMO it's more of a mental or genetic adaptation that we have come to live with.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
When you say 'devout' Catholic, does that mean you follow the bible word for word? I'm not talking about papal bulls or anything else like that, just the bible.
neither really.

I've been catholic since I was born. Was raised in a Catholic family. I went a Catholic school. Go to church every sunday. Am active in the church. Blah Blah Blah.

What makes me DEVOUT, though, is that I would not give up my faith for anything else in the world... no matter what. And, I hold its importance over all else. But, without bogging you down with what I DO and DON'T believe in. Catholicism instills within you some core values. And some things which you absolutely must uphold as true... Well one of these things is LOVE. and another is ACCEPTANCE. If two gay people LOVE each other... how can you not ACCEPT it and still call yourself a catholic.

it might be oversimplified in this little example... but, yeah. I feel Homosexuality doesn't violate any of the core precepts of what Catholicism really means... it's only when you get bogged down with the words of prejudiced pontificating papal figures... or mince specific words of certain bible passages, that you disagree with homosexuality.... but I ask you... what's the more greivous sin? going against a minute detail... like leviticus... or going against the most cheif of all of God's commandments.... LOVE... :D

Timbers

check me out
No... sorry >_<

I wasn't doubting the majority to be against homosexuality, but to say that every Catholic alive believes homosexuals are heathens and are going to burn and blahblahblah, would definitely be extreme xD

I was raised in a catholic household, so I know a good deal of catholics myself. I was active with the church till I was like 15 or 16, so I also know how some react to homosexuality <.< My mom is understanding on the matter, I'm sure if she hasn't already figured me out, then she certainly suspects it..and she hasn't made an attempt to ever disown me or anything. My dad on the other hand would be an entirely different story xP Friends I had through the church were very understanding though when I had told them I had thought other guys were attractive (but as long as you also like girls it's apparently cool with them <.<?), as I think most Christians being raised in today's society are. They seem to be much quicker to question something and it's legitimacy, and not be entirely one-sided on the matter. That goes for anything, not just religion. Of course this is Vegas, everything is screwy here. What I said could be completely off and wrong comparing to where you live lol.

JediKnightLuigi

Smash Apprentice
neither really.

I've been catholic since I was born. Was raised in a Catholic family. I went a Catholic school. Go to church every sunday. Am active in the church. Blah Blah Blah.

What makes me DEVOUT, though, is that I would not give up my faith for anything else in the world... no matter what. And, I hold its importance over all else. But, without bogging you down with what I DO and DON'T believe in. Catholicism instills within you some core values. And some things which you absolutely must uphold as true... Well one of these things is LOVE. and another is ACCEPTANCE. If two gay people LOVE each other... how can you not ACCEPT it and still call yourself a catholic.

it might be oversimplified in this little example... but, yeah. I feel Homosexuality doesn't violate any of the core precepts of what Catholicism really means... it's only when you get bogged down with the words of prejudiced pontificating papal figures... or mince specific words of certain bible passages, that you disagree with homosexuality.... but I ask you... what's the more greivous sin? going against a minute detail... like leviticus... or going against the most cheif of all of God's commandments.... LOVE... :D
But if the Bible tells you about loving your neighbor and what God condemns and condones, wouldnt you follow the whole Bible? Yes, homosexuality is wrong, Rom. 1:26-27, but that doesnt mean we Christians should condemn them. We as Christians should lovingly invite the homosexual to Jesus' redemption of all sin and the Word of God.

The homosexual doesn't go to hell; the *unrepentant* homosexual does.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I wasn't doubting the majority to be against homosexuality, but to say that every Catholic alive believes homosexuals are heathens and are going to burn and blahblahblah, would definitely be extreme xD

I was raised in a catholic household, so I know a good deal of catholics myself. I was active with the church till I was like 15 or 16, so I also know how some react to homosexuality <.< My mom is understanding on the matter, I'm sure if she hasn't already figured me out, then she certainly suspects it..and she hasn't made an attempt to ever disown me or anything. My dad on the other hand would be an entirely different story xP Friends I had through the church were very understanding though when I had told them I had thought other guys were attractive (but as long as you also like girls it's apparently cool with them <.<?), as I think most Christians being raised in today's society are. They seem to be much quicker to question something and it's legitimacy, and not be entirely one-sided on the matter. That goes for anything, not just religion. Of course this is Vegas, everything is screwy here. What I said could be completely off and wrong comparing to where you live lol.
No... loking at my parents... hmm... I don't know how they'd react to something like that.. My mom is the Uber religious one... so I KNOW she's against it, so when I said something once saying that it was stupid to condemn homosexuality... she said "I can't belive I raised a son who would support homosexuality" or something like that... exact wording nonwithstanding.... that's how the convo went... My dad isn't as religious... but he's also against it... but not to the same extent... I know that they both voted to ban gay marriage here.

anyway... I don't know what they'd do if they actually had a gay child.... they'd both love him or her.... but they'd still be anti homosexual.... they'd probably delude themselves into not believing it unless he actually admitted to it... then I don't know what they'd do. But the extended family would lose respect for us I'm sure of that. At least, my mom's side... a lot of my dad's side is REALLY liberal and they'd love a gay nephew or niece even more XD

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
But if the Bible tells you about loving your neighbor and what God condemns and condones, wouldnt you follow the whole Bible? Yes, homosexuality is wrong, Rom. 1:26-27, but that doesnt mean we Christians should condemn them. We as Christians should lovingly invite the homosexual to Jesus' redemption of all sin and the Word of God.

The homosexual doesn't go to hell; the *unrepentant* homosexual does.
meh... I can;t believe that. science tends to prove that homosexuality is not something that an individual CHOOSES to be or not. And I've never met a homosexual who has been able to "turn off" the gay. They may be able to conceal it, even forgo acting upon it... but it never changes... and trying to mask it and live otherwise only made them more likely to act out in a way that had undesired results.

How could God make people live a life of sin? If it were TRULY a sin, then how could God FORCE them to be gay? why would he send someone down the path to hell from the get-go with no hope of redemption. Furthermore... how is it sinful? I mean... what major precept does it break? How does it show a disservice to God, your neighbor or yourself? who does it hurt? Trying to hide it can be very painful to the self... so I'd think THAT would be a more greivous sin... being ashamed of the "you" that God created. Only showing the world what the world wants to see... not what God made you. Everyone is just a thread in God's divine tapestry... he just made a few of the threads more colourful than others... otherwise what a bland pattern we'd have.

Honestly, you'll probably never agree with me if you are one of the Cathoics who can't admit that the Bible was written, recoppied and retranslated by men... it isn't 100% accurate so, were it seems like what it's saying doesn't mesh with Catholicims core values... it probably isn't right.

Edit: sorry for the double post >_<
and I wrote this'n from scratch.. no copypaste for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom