• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Ouch, that's harsh, man. Are you plannin' on movin' once you can? I just think that it's more liberating being in a place where being gay is more acceptable (San Fransisco!!!)
Going for New York, San Diego, or Portland. Whichever has the most to offer when I have the money to spend. ;)

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I'd kill 20 babies to live in NY.

OK, I wouldn't. But I'd still love to live in NY. <3

I might apply to a university there... dunno still... I graduate in December so I'll see then...

And it's not only catholicism... more like that + ignorance... LOADS of ignorance.

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
I hate ignorant people. They're worse than stupid people 'cause they don't have a reason to be so close-minded. And New York would be AMAZING to live in!! I would go just for Broadway. For serious. I'm a total Broadway queer and proud! Plus, you can wear cute coats there 'cause it snows! And taxis don't cost $100 dollars to go twenty miles like here.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well... taxis are cheaper here... MUCH cheaper. And I'd miss my eternal summer... but I'd get used to the winter. I'd like to got to Broadway though... the two times I've been in NY I've never been there.

There's also Canada... hmm.

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
Lol the drinking age in Canada is 18 >=] AND they say "ey" AND AND some can speak french AND the drinking age is 18...and universal healthcare i guess but drinking age at 18! My friend went to NY and saw Wicked there T__T I saw it bootleg online... I'm just waiting for Spring Awakening to get to LA so i can watch it. AND I WILL and i don't care how expensive it is 'cause it is seriously an amazing musical that everyone MUST see and it's just completely orgasmic and beautiful and those two words sound weird together in the same sentence.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Lol the drinking age in Canada is 18 >=] AND they say "ey" AND AND some can speak french AND the drinking age is 18...and universal healthcare i guess but drinking age at 18! My friend went to NY and saw Wicked there T__T I saw it bootleg online... I'm just waiting for Spring Awakening to get to LA so i can watch it. AND I WILL and i don't care how expensive it is 'cause it is seriously an amazing musical that everyone MUST see and it's just completely orgasmic and beautiful and those two words sound weird together in the same sentence.
<_< you know drinking isn't everything.... rarely are the words said, after the fact "boy I'm glad I got drunk last night" or "this hangover rocks" but I digress

and yes... wicked is wicked... I saw it in Chicago... and all I can say is that I LOOOOOOOOVED Dee Roscioli's elpheba.

as for canada though... Iunno what it'd be like to LIVE there... but visiting it makes it seem really nice... and I support the idea of socialized healthcare... I just don't know what implications that would hold for my career as a pharmacist

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Drinking age is 18 here too, and those that do drink start at 13 anyways. I don't drink like that so, not a big incentive. I like Canada's policies on certain matters... but it's still so EFFING cold, the sun shines here all year, I don't think I could get used to the opposite. XD

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
For everyone thinking it'll get better coming out of the closet in a christian household...

IT WONT, wait until you move out. Your friends will be cool with it but trust me, don't waste your time with your family at this point.

They still won't believe you but at least you don't have to live there (you'd think they'd believe you at 21 years old, nope)

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
Dude, so right. My parents totally don't believe me and think that i'm just going through a phase. They think that my female best friend is in love with me (she has a boyfriend and, um, I'M GAY) but i just really think they're in some serious denial. Now they don't even mention my being gay and still talk about girlfriends and stuff like that -rolls eyes- But whatever, just until i move out. And i didn't choose to come out 'cause i figured their reaction would be like this if not worse. Their finding out that i'm gay kinda set my plans back a bit, but whatevs.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Trust me-- I'm not the only person that enjoys getting drunk. ;)

But yeah, less alchy, more gay. Unless you're Livvers.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Just popping in to say I've never regretted getting drunk before. And I don't know many people who have =D C=

Also, NYC is amazing. I love working with gay guys on shoots and **** there. They're hilarious.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
lumberheartwood: Really? I've always wondered why people always say I'm strong minded for this and everything. lol.

To be honest, I'm probably not as much as the rest. I've almost killed myself on a few occasions and I was VERY scared to come out anywhere for the longest time.

Dude, so right. My parents totally don't believe me and think that i'm just going through a phase.
That is probably what my mom still believes. Do phases of the transgendered kind usually last over 4 years? I mean I knew before that point, but that was when I told her.

I really wish she could accept me. I really need that now, and I'm really wanting it even more now that I'm out to most of my friends... but she isn't going to. :(

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
I think I kind of resent you people. I'm straight, but throughout middle school, people spread rumors I was gay and they wouldn't cut me a friggin' break for it! What makes me even madder is when people actually came out, nobody bugged them! I left the school, and people completely forgot about it. It killed me!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I think I kind of resent you people. I'm straight, but throughout middle school, people spread rumors I was gay and they wouldn't cut me a friggin' break for it! What makes me even madder is when people actually came out, nobody bugged them! I left the school, and people completely forgot about it. It killed me!
I don't really understand. You're resenting homosexuals because people were calling you gay?

Um... ok...

and I think people grow up when somebody they know comes out to them. I mean not all of the time, but it happens. Like one of my friends has pretty much learned more about transgendered people since I came out to him. I think he's become more accepting than before. He apparently thought it was really weird before. lol

Or you know, people could just be using "gay" as an insult and not really meaning it against homosexuals themselves. It's a thing that people who are insecure with themselves do to others to make them feel better about themselves. (although homosexuality should not cause any insecurity. whatever.)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
ummm... you wanted them to REMEMBER they thought you were gay? and it hurts you they don't? I'm sorry I don't follow.

I also don't follow how this is OUR fault at all... I mean... I guess you resent that they accept us but made fun of you? but it's one of those thinsg you know.... you can call someone in shape "fat" until the cows come home... but if you call an actually fat person or someone with an eating dissorder "fat" then it's not funny... it's just cruel.... same thing here.

And... what are you saying.. that you WANT people to hate and make fun of us? wow... that's heartless of you.... and... I've got news for you... people already do

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Lolwhut? You need more security dude.

Anyways, anyone seen any gay movies/read any gay books lately? I saw Shelter the other day... wasn't as bad as I expected, actually enjoyed it. Dunno what to watch now though...

MisterDrBob

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying I wanted people to remember, and I'm not blaming gay people for anything, it just made me mad that they acted like it was no big deal when people actually came out, but they made my middle school years hell! I guess I used the word resent wrongly. I don't really have anything against gay people it just makes me mad how wierd other people can be about it.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
well that people for ya lol. and quite a few people have horrible middle/high school years, myself included. some of the people who came out might have been suspected/brannded as gay anyway before the come out.

Smash Master
I definitely called other people gay in a derogatory fashion in middle school even though I knew I was actually gay at the time. Sorry about that.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I definitely called other people gay in a derogatory fashion in middle school even though I knew I was actually gay at the time. Sorry about that.
dude don't appologize... that's okay... what's in the past is in the past ;)

and @ MisterDrBob.... so you're envious of us that we were accepted? wel believe me... we suffer unnexceptance on a daily basis.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I made it for the ladies of the BRoom, but Kevin's the only one that actually used it. :(

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
3 weeks isn't long enough to give a heart to someone. =/ I'd have dumped him too.
oh... 3 weeks... I must have missed that part..... but... if he's like me... then yeah... he might have.

I don't fall often... but, boy, when I do, do I fall... head over heels, totally and completely.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
There's a definite difference between love and serious affection. Date a guy for more than 5 months, and you'll get there. ;) It took me 8 or 9 months to feel it, myself.

Though yeah, it is possible to feel it sooner-- it's just nice to feel the love, then soak it in for a few months as reassurance.

Deception

Smash Ace
I just wanted to say I support gay rights, even though I'm Christian. I don't appreciate getting lumped into the group of stereotypical gay hating Christians. I find it sinful to hate people for being gay, because I think that goes against the commandment of loving thy neighbor. You're all people like us, just with different tastes.

bored

Smash Ace
I really don't fall for some completely, I just grow a simple attraction then after awhile its over with. But very rarely do I get almost to the point where I'm...erm..I really don't want to say obsessed. But you know what I mean.

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
Yeah, i used to say that i didn't believe in love, but i dunno, i guess it HAS to be there but i just haven't felt it myself. I think i just make it out to be some incredibly powerful emotion that's impossible to feel when it's really a lot more simple. But i dunno 'cause i'm not really sure what it's supposed to feel like -shrugs-

And i think the 3 weeks thing was perfectly justified. If there IS love then i don't think it can occur in a 3 week span. The it might have been cruel if you dumped him RIGHT after he said that he loved you...

Mr. Puddin

Smash Rookie
<_< you know drinking isn't everything.... rarely are the words said, after the fact "boy I'm glad I got drunk last night" or "this hangover rocks" but I digress

and yes... wicked is wicked... I saw it in Chicago... and all I can say is that I LOOOOOOOOVED Dee Roscioli's elpheba.

as for canada though... Iunno what it'd be like to LIVE there... but visiting it makes it seem really nice... and I support the idea of socialized healthcare... I just don't know what implications that would hold for my career as a pharmacist
Man this hangover rocks. I'm sure glad I got drunk last night!

But seriously though Dewey have you ever tried Ca-Caine

...turns all your BAD feelins into GOOD feelins

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Man this hangover rocks. I'm sure glad I got drunk last night!

But seriously though Dewey have you ever tried Ca-Caine

...turns all your BAD feelins into GOOD feelins
This is the LGBT thread. Go make a drug thread or something.

(Just kidding, but try to not stray from the topic)

Anyways, I can be lumped in those that fall. so. ****ing. hard.

It hurts sometimes.

I always fall for people too good for me anyways.

(or too straight ¬¬)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom