• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Dear Sonic the hedgedawg,

lol @ spilling chai tea. I hope other things work out better for you.

Your Friend,
Takumaru

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Dear Hedgedawg,

Learn how to use commas instead of ellipsis. It'll make reading your posts 90% more enjoyable. Don't worry-- I once suffered the same syndrome.

Love,
Xsy

Sanu

Smash Champion
Oh wow! I had no idea another thread was made... and here I just made a group to compensate for the last one we lost! Hello everyone! Yay for gay~ ;D I'd so love to read through the whole thread but I really don't think I'll ever find the time, =P. Guess I'll start from here!

So yeah, anything change much? Still gay everyone? Yippee! Same here ;P

As for the gay smashers group, you can join through here ^^: http://www.smashboards.com/group.php?groupid=330. You can talk about anything there, even off topic stuff *nodnods*.

Wells, until the next time I check this thread ;)

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Hi guys...sorry I haven't been here in forever...real life stuff keeping me down...and I managed to lose my boyfriend...to a girl...I really miss him.

:(:(:(
That must SUCK. I'm sorry Heartless...
He'll come around...?

... because we read Cyrano De Bergerac
BE ****ED YOUR NUMBERS! AND **** YOU! I AM CYRANO DE BERGERAC!

Heh, I got the lead in my school play it seems. We're doing Moon Over Buffalo this year, and I will be playing George - this hauty actor guy, and one of the scenes we do in the play is Cyrano de Bergerac.

Edit: Wha...? D-word is blocked? REALLY?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
*pops in*

Cyrano was one of my all time favorite plays, when I played the role it was one of the most enjoyable experiences in all my life.
For I still have my white plume.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Is this thread all clique-ish or something? D=

*whimpers*

Sanu

Smash Champion
No no silly! It just seemed like my intro/hello-post was ignored T_T, thus clique-ish.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I'm reasonably good at Brawl (and many other games), but I'm proportionately as bad at meeting guys.
I think that part of it is that I don't really fit any of the usual stereotypes.
I'm not the out-and-proud type, either.
The biggest 'tell' I have is probably my Gravitation messenger bag, which I don't even carry with me all the time.
I'm not interested in meeting guys in a bar or club, either.
I've been kind of down about all this lately, so I figured I'd ask my peers for advice...

So... Any ideas? n.n;

Heartless Prince Of Light

Smash Apprentice
Hyrule Castle, staring at the Bridge Of Eldin
I'm reasonably good at Brawl (and many other games), but I'm proportionately as bad at meeting guys.
I think that part of it is that I don't really fit any of the usual stereotypes.
The biggest 'tell' I have is probably my Gravitation messenger bag, which I don't even carry with me all the time.
I've been kind of down about all this lately, so I figured I'd ask my peers for advice...

So... Any ideas? n.n;
Hm...well, it may not be as helpful, but...yeah.

1.Try to be out and proud, as far as I know, most gay/bi guys that I know LOVE the out and proud type, they're like: "I wouldn't date a gay guy for the life of me, although if they were gay and you weren't too fancy about it, that may be alright!". A-anyways, it just means this: BE YOURSELF!

2.Don't be afraid to tell someone they're hot, meet a random stranger and ask them out for coffee! Haha, not too useful, but...

3.Never stop loving ANYBODY! Ignore any flaws they have and...well...LOVE! don't eve close your heart...don't be an Idiot like I was and close your heart.

and that's about it...

NOTE TO YOU ALL!

If you EVER close your hearts or lose your way, count on me to help you...I've been there so many times, and I don't wish it to happen to any of you, you all know that you have a friend in me, breeder or not.And if you don't want help, then it's up to you.

I LOVE YOU ALL!

Also, on a more lighter note...my boyfriend keeps telling me that he wants to spend the rest of his life with me...and that makes me feel like...it's indescribable...but I think that for the first time in 7 years...I've been TRULY happy...maybe...do you think it's...meant to be?

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

So... Any ideas? n.n;
wow. you are me :chuckle:

anyway. yeah. I look, that's how I've found a couple guys. A straight guy won't read anything into it, a gay guy might. Then just have some subtle tells. Most gays have been able to pick me out fairly well. Straight guys might think I'm quirky, but don't jump to gay. Iunno, just kinda be out there a bit. it doesn't take much, and I'm the biggect hypocrite ever for saying this but: "nothing ventured, nothing gained."

now don't get me wrong, I'm not telling you to become flamboyantly gay. that's wrong, becuase it's not you. Just be yourself and let them like you for that. you DO need to either be looking for interest from others or you need to be gay enough to allow yourself to be figured out by them and subsequently approached.

yeah. I do the whole ay bar scene for fun only. I'm afraid of the types I might pick up there.

it's okay if you are too nervous to be outgoing about the whole thing. you don't have to throw yourself naked an unprotected into the world of relationships. you just need to make a little effort. I, for one, am just letting the other party see that I probably have some interest in him. Right now he has a "maybe boyfriend, maybe not" so I'm letting him decide exactly what the other guy is to him before I move in. I'm not a homewrecker after all. and, even when I DO move in. it'll more be me dropping little hints and hoping he can take the bait.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467

So... Any ideas? n.n;
experiment, it doesn't mean you have to go through or commit to anything but if you are feeling that way it couldn't hurt to give change a try even if it is something slight. Don't change who you are though, that'd only make things worse I feel.

I dunno I am sort of in the same boat and though sometimes I feel bad that I dont have/am pursuing a relationship but with school/work/parties with friends I rarely have time to think about it XD I figure I want to get through college at least before I commit to anything, well that is what i'm thinking now anyways.

xenialshadow

Smash Cadet
Desu said:

So... Any ideas? n.n;
Everyone seems to have some advice for you, Desu, and it's all really good advice! Of course you should be yourself, but you also shouldn't restrain yourself. If you feel like just sayin' "That guy's hot" or whatever, then just go for it no matter who you're around. It doesn't help just ACTING like yourself but you should just let go and BE yourself (makes no sense...but whatevs)

I dunno about randomly going up to a guy and just saying you're hot though 'cause that's kinda...pervy? I dunno. I usually just find it that when they start off like that that they just want sex. But you if have amazing gaydar and can tell that a guy is gay, then totally play the flirting game whether it be at the mall, starbucks, or school. It doesn't hurt to just talk to a guy casually even if you don't now him.

Or at smash tourneys? That'd give you something in common with the guy, and then you can just laugh after beating him in a match... Though i've yet to meet another gay smasher at a tourney =[

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I wouldn't say in front of "anyone". Even after you are completely comfortable with yourself, there are plenty who aren't comfortable with it. so out of courtasy I wouldn't be such a lustful perv (walking up to a stranger and saying "you're hot" comes off as creepy no matter the sexes involved with or without people around.)

you just gotta get lucky to find the right one. :ohwell: Either that or use dating sites, or go shopping for one :D

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
So my stupid emo/jock brother just told me he might be bi.

:urg: No...

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How does that work, exactly?
It doesn't.

Are you afraid of him stealing your gay thunder? I have a gay brother. =/
Yes, partly. I've always counted on my brother on being the "straight" one, the one to get married, and have kids, and stuff - the one my father could always "fall back" on.

I mean I'll support him and everything but, ugh...

Either way I'm hoping it's just a weird phase. Everyone is still waiting for him to get out of this emo stuff (emo hair, black nail polish, mascara occasionally).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Yes, partly. I've always counted on my brother on being the "straight" one, the one to get married, and have kids, and stuff - the one my father could always "fall back" on.

I mean I'll support him and everything but, ugh...

Either way I'm hoping it's just a weird phase. Everyone is still waiting for him to get out of this emo stuff (emo hair, black nail polish, mascara occasionally).
come on... be a good gay, support your fellow gays :)

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
yeah all he needs is to find that one girl who likes "toys" and has a masculine flair to her, then hes got everything he needs to be Bi/straight lol
Yes, of course...

*is attacked by the most disturbing imagery*

Dear Jesus.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
lol i hope i don't get in trouple for that statement lol. but it would make him still be straight, kinda, right?

on the emo/jock thing idk. thats like trying to wear a new dress to a rugby meet.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
lol i hope i don't get in trouple for that statement lol. but it would make him still be straight, kinda, right?

on the emo/jock thing idk. thats like trying to wear a new dress to a rugby meet.
emo boys don't wear dresses O.o

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
I'd be careful with how you guys say things like that. It isn't just homosexuals that deal with discrimination, bisexuals do, too. Whether or not your brother is going through a 'phase' or actually may be, Meno, I say support him like a loving sibling would.

Being anything but straight isn't exactly the easiest thing... trust me, I know. But it gets a lot easier once you just accept it and move on. 'Gays supporting gays' just doesn't sound right to me. I prefer to think of it as people supporting people for being true to who they are.

As for a type of one... I never know what I'm viewed as. Some people can tell right away. Others can't, and that goes both for those that are GLBT and for those that are straight, as far as I know. *shrug* I've also had one of the hardest times finding a guy... Most times I think I found someone I can really let into my life and who I am, I get so hurt I don't know what to do. -_-

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'd be careful with how you guys say things like that. It isn't just homosexuals that deal with discrimination, bisexuals do, too. Whether or not your brother is going through a 'phase' or actually may be, Meno, I say support him like a loving sibling would.

Being anything but straight isn't exactly the easiest thing... trust me, I know. But it gets a lot easier once you just accept it and move on. 'Gays supporting gays' just doesn't sound right to me. I prefer to think of it as people supporting people for being true to who they are.

As for a type of one... I never know what I'm viewed as. Some people can tell right away. Others can't, and that goes both for those that are GLBT and for those that are straight, as far as I know. *shrug* I've also had one of the hardest times finding a guy... Most times I think I found someone I can really let into my life and who I am, I get so hurt I don't know what to do. -_-
you are right about that: people supporting people. That's what it SHOULD be. but I merely meant to say that it's really hypoctritical for a person to BE GLBT and not support other GLBT.

as for being eble to be identified as gay right away. Iunno, a lot of people suspect me I guess, but I only know a few people who KNEW. And thank god for them. I've said it before but if Pyro didn't practically drag me out of the closet to him I'd still be horribly depressed each night. but now I'm rambling.

Anyway mikey. I'm an awful person to take relationship advice from. But at least you ARE finding guys right? I mean they say it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all? don't you have anyone who you can fall back on when you get hurt?

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Not really, sadly. I wish I had more of someone, but that's more personal issues than other such things. And you're right, I have found people, but they're not people I get to see every day. They're too far away for that. Even to right this moment, I've yet to even be on a single date. ^_^;

I don't really view any kind of sexuality as more than a further definer or a person. I don't like how outstanding people can be shunned just because they like either both genders, the same gender as their own, or otherwise. It's reasons like that that make the coming out process needlessly hurtful and difficult. I'm glad Pyro was able to be there for you, honestly.

Smash Master
It's much easier to be bi. At least you can ask somebody out. We have gay bars and chance drunken encounters. If you don't like booze, you can't find a partner.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Not really, sadly. I wish I had more of someone, but that's more personal issues than other such things. And you're right, I have found people, but they're not people I get to see every day. They're too far away for that. Even to right this moment, I've yet to even be on a single date. ^_^;

I don't really view any kind of sexuality as more than a further definer or a person. I don't like how outstanding people can be shunned just because they like either both genders, the same gender as their own, or otherwise. It's reasons like that that make the coming out process needlessly hurtful and difficult. I'm glad Pyro was able to be there for you, honestly.
well then I wish you all the luck sir. and, yes, despite "finding people" a physical relationship has eluded me to this point. probably for the best actually as it would hastily expedite my coming out and such and, if you'd read through the thread, you'd see I have reasons not to... so, yes, pyro was there for me and, whether he knows it or not, has probably been the single greatest positive influence in my life for a good long while.... but he just helped me accept myself... others still don't accept me -_-

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Then phooey on them. You need good support for yourself, too, after all. Finding people isn't exactly easy for me in person, either. It's getting to the point that I just want to give up on looking until someone just tells me he's interested. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom