• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LGBT Smashers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
to be honest... even about my sexuality.... that's about it. and it's hardly a resolution as much as an affirmation...

If she gets fired for having a homosexual son, then sue and make tonsa moneys. It's illegal to fire someone over sexual preference.
we hear about it a lot, but it doesn't really happen that often. It's SO hard to prove that that's really the reason why you got fired. ANYTHING they've ever let slide or anything that she doesn't do from now on, no matter how minor can be used as grounds for firing.

besides that, if it's just a tiny small business it IS quite possible to fire her for such a thing. Not only is it generally considered more excuseable for businesses like that to fire people based on "non meshing personalities" but very few lawyers would take on such a small dog.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Is it bad that I kinda want her to get fired? It's for purely selfish reasons but she could have a better, less stressful job and make TONS more money doing it. I think it would be better for her but it would be ignoring one major thing: she loves what she does. That's why I don't want to put her job in question. I guess I could say I'm paying her back for being so accepting of me.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
it affects her more than you. if you don't like her job, tell her, don't try subversion against it.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Oh she knows how I feel about her job. And I hope I wasn't making it sound like I'd try to get her fired. I suppose I just won't worry about it for now. *sigh*

New topic? How important are looks to you in a boyfriend/partner? Discuss!

I used to think that looks were everything. But now I kinda feel that looks are more important if you're just looking to fool around with someone. Since I have no interest in the whole "friends-with-benefits" idea and am really only looking for long term relationships, I'd much rather have someone that I can share experiences with and have fun with. I'd rather enjoy life with someone than enjoy looking at them. That's not to say looks don't matter, they do, but they're not everything.

Someone else pick the next topic... I'm running out of ideas here.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
im open to many things, look wise, not being nearly the best looking person around. its hard for me to sincerely say "X person is ugly" so not looks aren't that important to me, if i want a doll i can order one and look at it all day. but its not everything lol

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
eh, honestly, I'm a bit shallow. in the sense that, I would prefer that I think that my partner look better than me. now, luckily, I have horrible self image, so this is not hard.

Now, on the flip side, personality is FAR more important to me to the extent that, if I like the you inside, suddenly the "you" outside looks beautiful to me. things that weren't pretty before, suddenly are. Imperfections become beautiful distinguishing marks. Iunno. Looks ARE important, you can't be ugly... you just can't. there'll be no initial spark. But "ugly" is different for everyone, and once you reach the threshold of "moderately attractive" then looks take a back seat to personality and compatibilty.... for me at least

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
that wins the cake i guess. so does anyone know any good gay books out lately?

doesn't matter which kind, i'll read a lezzie story too if its a good one.

bored

Smash Ace
I agree with Numbers. I'm not looking for a relationship. Just someone to fool around with.

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I really don't see why finding a partner just to fool around with is a bad thing. Whatever floats your bicycle.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
nice pun. haha really. i lol'd.
i hope it was intentional.
Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. :p

To answer JZ's question: I haven't read any LGBT novels but I did run across this really odd book that explained "gay etiquette". It explained everything from flirting, to dating, to casual sex. There was also a huge section specifically for bisexual people and things got REALLY complicated there. Granted I think most of it is bull**** but it was entertaining to read. I forget the name of the book.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
**** buddies are for forever.
Actually they last until they get bored.
epic lol

To answer JZ's question: I haven't read any LGBT novels but I did run across this really odd book that explained "gay etiquette". It explained everything from flirting, to dating, to casual sex. There was also a huge section specifically for bisexual people and things got REALLY complicated there. Granted I think most of it is bull**** but it was entertaining to read. I forget the name of the book.
i think it was. and its too bad you forgot the name, i just wanted something else interesting to pick up and read, in secret, when im done w/ my other books lol

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Well it was at the bookstore back at school. I let you know the title when I get back to philly next week.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Off topic, did anyone see Milk? it's getting pretty good reviews and I never got a chance to go see it.

pdk

Smash Lord
is it still running in theaters or is there a date on a DVD release at least

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198

LMAO nice.
well i would think it's all bull**** too. haha

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
It is really strange and I don't know what it is. My friends and I act gay around each other all the time. And not the kind of gay where we talk with a lisp or roll our eyes a lot but actually slap each other's butts, make gay innuendos all the time, it is almost like a huge compliment it is like saying, 'I think you are so cool that I'd go gay for you, I'd actually change my sexual preference for you.' It kind of adds a type of ironic confidence in my group of friends.

Additionally, I was thinking about it he other day and I do a lot of feminine things like plucking my eye brows, I regularly shave my legs (partly for soccer and swimming but mostly because I think it looks good), I cross my legs habitually and dress nice.

It is especially odd because we are a strong group of faithful mormons and whenever we have sleep overs we always all just sleep in my king sized bed and spoon to fit, it also makes it really warm. When my friend and I went to BYU for soccer tryouts we were housed by some local members there, we didn't really know them but we knew someone that knew them and they were really nice. My friend and I had no problem sleeping on the same mattress, they kept offering us two mattresses and in our minds we didn't really get why and it was such a hassle to keep unloading and loading the other mattress. So one afternoon we were getting ready to take a quick nap before the evening practice and the dad there (they are a very young couple) firstly thought we were joking and kind of poked fun at us. Then he got serious and told us it wasn't a good idea because it was a sensitive subject with his wife because she had two uncles that left the church and turned gay.

It was weird, neither of us had any frame of mind to realize that it could have been taken offensively. And I was even planning on taking my king sized bed to college and just having us both sleep in it when we go to BYU just to find out that it is actually explicitly against the rules.

To further this odd notion about my friends and I, when we were younger we used to play strip poker/go fish and have no problem almost walking around naked with each other. In fact, at Boy Scout camp we made it a tradition to tear clothing off the smallest boy in our group and push him out of the tent. We do this at every camping trip, not camping trips out in remote forests but at somewhat crowded Boy Scout camp grounds. We call it ****** him, on the car ride there we joke about the traditional ****** of this particular boy and before we actually do the act one of us yells out, "Let's **** him!"

Now, having said all of this, I am highly confident that none of my friends or I are gay. And to add to it, we are a rather formidable group in our area, known as one of the tightest group of boys not just at church but at school, we are all highly liked and popular, two of us (me) were leading scorers for the soccer team, a couple were the best water polo players, another plays INCREDIBLE saxophone he is serious a prodigy and is all around amazing at whatever he does...seriously, another one is a track star and part time model, I am the only one that plays video games competitively so it isn't like we are just a bunch of weird reclusive friends that act gay for each other. In fact, we have all had girlfriends at one time or another, well except for me but only because I think high school relationships are dumb.

There, does that give you guys anything to talk about.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
In fact, at Boy Scout camp we made it a tradition to tear clothing off the smallest boy in our group and push him out of the tent. We do this at every camping trip, not camping trips out in remote forests but at somewhat crowded Boy Scout camp grounds. We call it ****** him, on the car ride there we joke about the traditional ****** of this particular boy and before we actually do the act one of us yells out, "Let's **** him!"
wow. that is probably the most horrifying story i've ever heard. LOL
that would suck so bad.
but other than the naked part, that doesn't seem out of the ordinary for me and my friends either, and i'm pretty sure none of us are gay... (i think lol).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
not abnormal at all. it just means you are sexually comfortable around each other. it's actually quite normal and most of the guys I knew in highschool were like that.

my current friends in college, however, have a much stronger feeling of shame, so they won't do the naked thing. and my closest friends are deathly afraid of homosexuals so they won't do the act gay thing, but... for the most part, yeah... it's normal.

the tent thing is just mean though <.< (imagines the socioemotional scarring)

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I remember in boyscouts we had this thing called 'initiation'.
Basically on the first camping trip you would be woken in the middle of the night and be tied to a chair. You would then be brutally beaten untill you cry. Afterwards you would be thrown in a lake we like to call 'Mr. Radioactive." which looks really discusting. Finally once you swim out they would dig a hole and put you in it so only your face shows. And you have to dig your way out.

The whole point is to see if you can escape. Personally I escaped after they tied me to the chair because I know a lot of knot tying. But yeah, my troop was brutal. 202 forever....

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yet another heartwarming nugget from Mazaloth I see. But I digress... this is getting off the GBLT focus of the group.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Like what hedgedawg said, it's not uncommon behavior, wiki. My friends and I were the same way. Hell, I'm out now and we're still the same way. Actually half the time they forget I'm gay and I sometimes do too. Except we go as far as too kiss each other in really awkward situations. Not like make-out kiss, but a quick peck on the lips. Technically my first kiss was with my friend brett...

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
yet another heartwarming nugget from Mazaloth I see. But I digress... this is getting off the GBLT focus of the group.
Right you are...
Anywho. Another question.

Now of course now in these days we get a lot of pejorative comments by various age groups. (I.E: Retarted, and of course the subject of the matter 'gay'.)
I stray from using these words in a pejorative manner, and use them only accordingly to there premodern usage. Though it is hard to say whether or not if the actual words are offensive, it make seem odd to people, but I take more offense when the term '********' is used out of context then when a person uses the word 'gay' out of context.

Now, of course we know that the word gay way frequently used starting in the 12th century that the English word 'gay' derived from the French word 'Gai', which ment joyous, carefree, and happy. But, just like the game of telephone we find a lot of words being skewd from original meaning. We know know 'gay' as in a reference to sexuality, or of course a pejorative usage.

What I am wondering is why do we find the words that are used in a prejorative manner offensive. Not often does one state an object being 'gay' as being stupid because it has a reference to being 'homosexual', but it has now another meaning, of being 'stupid' or 'lame'. However, I still do believe that the word 'retarted' still hold true of that being a insult because of an object being for the mentally slow.

In conclusion, I want to know about your feelings on the pejorative manner of the word 'gay', why does it insult you or why is doesn't.
And of course this isn't ment to be offensive, just in case it is please notify me right away so I can take it down.
And sorry for the long read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom