• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lie's 5-5-5 Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax15

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4184-3842-7891
I got I haven't played in over a year johns lol. But had fun and now I know my mario has potential

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
logic- Expected result. You're way out of my league.....for now....

lie - You owe me for making me pay venue even though I brought a set up, rofl. Chill tourney, have more.

gimr- Can't believe I beat your ICs. I had game 2 too! I found some interesting things I can do on Brinstar just by thinking of ways to hit you while we were playing. Your gaw is too good, though that fair is such a good kill move, I can't DI it lol. Great set, I need a better counterpick on gaw. That ice angel ring and your uair on the wind trasformation were funny. You missed at least like 2 buckets too rofl.

deez - I love how I can beat you in MMs with Pit, but in tourney I randomly decide to stay Kirby on Final Destination and get *****.

luckay - Finally placed in top 5, even though no one showed up.

ssr - You shouldn't have lost to bob that way, stop going Diddy, you're a Peach main! You did get some nice spikes on Logic in Diddy dittos, I'll give you that.

aposl - Good games, I think I just got the PT matchup down really well. Your squirtle is really good, but Charizard and Ivysaur can't do much lol.

snowball bob - Don't be afraid of the pika matchup. Just play it like you're playing ICs, I played meep and he showed me it can be done as long as you don't screw up. lrn2camp. I'm good against Marth, btw. Getting that footstool qac lock twice on your mk was fun, too bad I screw up when it comes to switching to the jab lock or finishing with thunder.

sin - Good money match. The last trip kill was deserved since I got trip killed the same match too, lol. You owe me $$$ bro!

Ajax - Nice mario, fun match.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
is the results of this really being taken seriously
If they aren't then the last 2 tournaments md/va shouldn't be counted.

June got first at a tournament where 2nd and 3rd place were 2 unranked players (korn and lie) and coney got first where 2nd and 3rd were 2 unranked players(boss and lie) I think Slik was at one of those tournaments though.

So, if you don't count this, I feel that, logically, you shouldn't count the other 2.

I mean, I obviously feel that my 3rd place means nothing since I didn't beat anyone that the panelists would see as pr worthy.

@Lie: I don't think Diddy vs. Gw is winnable LOL. I think ill have to pick up ice climbers for that annoying as character. Good stuff in our set.

Ps: I went all gw except for one match against luckay where I went super rusty ice climbers against his pit and lost. I was doing it in preperation for Deez since I was feeling ultra discouraged after losing to Lie in winners. I 2-0 Deez with gw and get my courage back. Lie 3-0d me, LOL. That match up is really tough

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
BTW, everyone there that hadn't played for a long time (ajax, bob, baki, luckay) has a lot of potential. You guys should try and improve yourselves and get to that next level.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Good **** Aj :). We gotta play again. When you back at Cp? I'll help you with some more matchups and you help me with Pikachu.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
lol ur weegee is easy (but still the best ive played (even tho ive only played like 2))

@gimr lol, if lie can start winning, im definitley boutta start playing more

Deez.

Smash Lord
Lol I kno right... kept gettin inpatient no worries i know where my skill level is and where it isn't right now which is a good thing means if i actually start to practice might come out really good.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Its funny Omni says that, and I bet if he came still would of got 3rd possibly 4th because of Logic,Lie,Gimr... lmao. O_O
bad trash talking is bad.

If they aren't then the last 2 tournaments md/va shouldn't be counted.

June got first at a tournament where 2nd and 3rd place were 2 unranked players (korn and lie) and coney got first where 2nd and 3rd were 2 unranked players(boss and lie) I think Slik was at one of those tournaments though.

So, if you don't count this, I feel that, logically, you shouldn't count the other 2.

I mean, I obviously feel that my 3rd place means nothing since I didn't beat anyone that the panelists would see as pr worthy.
i say this doesn't really count cuz at least MD/VA actually traveled for those tournaments

this is barely even a MD tournament
more like a laurel tournament + a few friends. or a small smashfest

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
like i said before to people, this tourny would only count if i lost cause that would have been the only unexpected occurrence

Omni

BRoomer
i mean it's not about who wins or who loses

its like if Azen, Chillin, and Chu held a tournament and got top 3 with 12 people and no one else really big or out of the state was there.

it just really isn't any thing major. at least itd be more legit if VA pr's showed up

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Omni that makes no sense. Small numbers is small numbers. Plus all 3 tournaments had the same amount of skilled players. You gotta be trolling to say that distance traveled by attendees means anything when it comes to rankings LOL

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Good **** Aj :). We gotta play again. When you back at Cp? I'll help you with some more matchups and you help me with Pikachu.
I'm actually back now, classes start tomorrow. Come over one day so we can smash. I might even start to have small smashfests often in the lounge since no one really uses the TV in there.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I have no idea what Omni is talking about to be clear

Every matchup counts

What I will say is that nothing unexpected happened here, so it really won't influence anything at the end of the day. There were literally no upsets

Omni

BRoomer
you dont have to agree with me.

the only thing i see this tournament accounting for is possible ties between those three at the most. because literally based on the skill count here this was simply a gauntlet between lie, gimr, and ps.

i aint say nuthin about distance travelled but when 3 people who play each other all the time practically host a small tournament i see it as a very minor event.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
when i said it'd still count for something that's pretty much what i meant. this obviously doesn't greatly help anyone on the next PR. i was mostly focused on lie, currently unranked, beating GIMR who is ranked.

who cares what lie's association with GIMR is anyway? yeah, sure they practice all the time but if it's tourney and there's money on the line then it's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom