• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Social and General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Yes, but I've never played a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game before so I can't judge them. Would you recommend them?
...I would. c:

I love Pokemon Mystery Dungeon~ The story always tugs at my heart, the ending in both 1 and 2, but especially 2 (Darkness/Time/Sky, get Sky btw) are so... so... ...fuuuuuuuuu. T___T You may have to grind a little at some points, but 2 was better in that regard compared to Red/Blue. Well, 2 was better as a whole. Especially Sky, get Sky btw.

Also, hi there, Light House~

inb4"whorud00d"

D

Deleted member

So who downloaded Chrono Cross on PSN? I ironically just finished a playthrough of the PS1 discs just before it was released.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
How is Chrono Cross compared to Chrono Trigger?

Actually I'm fairly sure most will say it's inferior simply because CT is easily one of the best RPGs ever made for its time but how is CC in and of itself?

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I like good anime.

So, pretty much just anime films. Satoshi Kon is one of my biggest idols. I watch Tokyo Godfathers every year around Christmas :3

hating all anime just because it's anime is stupid, and has you missing out on some good stuff.

every medium is 90% crap , not just anime.

D

Deleted member

How is Chrono Cross compared to Chrono Trigger?

Actually I'm fairly sure most will say it's inferior simply because CT is easily one of the best RPGs ever made for its time but how is CC in and of itself?
I feel like Chrono Trigger weighs so heavily on people's nostalgia...it's just okay for me. I really didn't like it when I played it myself.

Cross on the other hand really grips you with the story, gives you a MASSIVE amount of characters to choose from, fun battle/element system, and has probably the best soundtrack on a video game I've ever heard. So for me, Cross > Trigger.

If anything else, it's a sequel to the game, so Trigger fans might like it anyway.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I will get Chrono Cross eventually.

But I know it won't live up to my love of Chrono Trigger. It already fails for not having Akira Toriyama's artwork, and I'm not happy about what happened to the original cast.

Anyways, the only thing about it that has looked bad to me so far is that it's a sequal to Chrono Trigger, so I want to give it a try.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I feel like Chrono Trigger weighs so heavily on people's nostalgia...it's just okay for me. I really didn't like it when I played it myself.

Cross on the other hand really grips you with the story, gives you a MASSIVE amount of characters to choose from, fun battle/element system, and has probably the best soundtrack on a video game I've ever heard. So for me, Cross > Trigger.

If anything else, it's a sequel to the game, so Trigger fans might like it anyway.
Ahh I'll have to play the game someday then, thanks.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
D

Deleted member

Have you tried Fullmetal Alchemist and or Cowboy Bebop?
I know you're not talking to me, but I've tried the latter, and I can't get into it. I think it's safe to say that I'm not an anime kind of guy.

Though the theme song is beyond awesome.

theeboredone

Smash Legend
It took me a while to get into Bebop. I was young and just didn't understand the lack luster art colors and mature theme.

Though watching it later on, I really do appreciate it.

D

Deleted member

It's the entire presentation of anime that turns me off. The animation is usually very stiff, mouths don't usually shape out the words they're saying, the dubs are somewhat hard to listen to, and as an American, the original Japanese audio is even harder.

But this isn't really the place to talk about such things, so I'll stop here.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
:looks at social and general discussion above:

O_o :shrug:

Bebop is older too. It's not a 'recent/cleaner art style' either. It's the same problem I have with older movies before my time. It's why I had trouble watching the Clint Eastwood "cowboy trilogy". Which is amazing, by the way.

The last twenty minutes of "the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" in particular. <3

But I like the English dubs a lot for both shows. The VA to mouth sync doesn't always work, but for the most part, on both shows, they did a good job making the writing/story work well. And a lot of those voice actors do video game work. I can usually pick them out in games when I hear them. ESPECIALLY Spike/Steve Blum.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
After discussion in the sennate about the purpose, use (and abuse) of social threads and the negative effect of creating one big thread vs activity in multiple threads, we have decide to close this social thread indefinetly. We ask that if you wish to comment on this, please do so in Forum Support, and not by making a thread about it in this room.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom