• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light shielding while trying to chain grab O.o

Taylor-Corn

Smash Cadet
Well first off im sorry if there is already a thread on this but i searched everywhere, but i on random wierd occasions pull up my light shield when trying to chain grab. it almost never happens against spacies, just against falcon really. Anyways, is there a way to prevent this or can someone explain to me why this is happening. Thanks.

Taylor-Corn

Smash Cadet
Ok thanks...haha now i feel retarted...so probaly just play more falcons to get the timing down better.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Once Falcon hits 40%, he becomes your plaything.

Before that, you need to techchase. I think you're just jumping the gun.

You could try JCing some of them, but some DI's need a dash grab to cover though, I'm not sure.

Taylor-Corn

Smash Cadet
hmm is that the main reason for jump canceling ur grabs? becuase i jump cancel 75% of my grabs but only cuz its reccomended...i always just thought it was becuase it was faster and there is less lag if u miss. I geuss ill make sure i jump cancel them all.

Taylor-Corn

Smash Cadet
Once Falcon hits 40%, he becomes your plaything.

Before that, you need to techchase. I think you're just jumping the gun.

You could try JCing some of them, but some DI's need a dash grab to cover though, I'm not sure.
and yeah thats part of it. I get practice against every character from my crew EXCEPT falcon. I didnt know that...so thats part of it...ive just been playing lvl 6 falcons for practice, thanks.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
JC all your grabs and you'll never lightshield again.
This won't stop the lightshield issue. Since he is still in the original throw lag when trying to regrab it's causing the lightshield. You can "attempt" to JC grab and still do this.

Falcon is heavier than Fox/Falco, so his regrab timing is throwing you off.

Staco

Smash Champion
You cant chaingrab Falcon, only if he uses stupid DI.

You should use jump canceld grabs against Falco and Fox, if they DI away. (better chances of hitting them, if they use half DI)
Check the MU thread for M2Ks CG data.

Taylor-Corn

Smash Cadet
This won't stop the lightshield issue. Since he is still in the original throw lag when trying to regrab it's causing the lightshield. You can "attempt" to JC grab and still do this.

Falcon is heavier than Fox/Falco, so his regrab timing is throwing you off.
Ohhhhhh this makes perfect since. Thats why when u try and regrab after missing a grab ur lightshield comes up. ahh thank you!!(and thats why u cant chaingrab characters(like falcon) at too low percentages im geussing.

Dart

Smash Lord
its called wiggle di when hes above 30 percent and you Uthrow he wiggles the stick back and forth and then jumps out

Signia

Smash Lord
its called wiggle di when hes above 30 percent and you Uthrow he wiggles the stick back and forth and then jumps out
no... all wiggling does is stop your tumble once your hitstun ends which allows you to airdodge. It doesn't affect how early you can jump out. Also, you don't have to wiggle, if you 'smash' any direction once as soon as the hitstun is over, your tumble stops.

On Topic: YOU CAN'T CHAINGRAB FALCON -_- at 0 he hits the ground before you can grab again, and later on he can just jump or DI.

Top Bottom