• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightening just hit my neighbors house

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
I was sitting outside, on my laptop, listening to Bangboy vs. Hansebanger, and low and behold....

Lightening. It goes straight through my neighbors home. Literally I was looking right at it. Now this person's house is on fire.

............what?

And how am I not blind from this, too? lol. Shouldn't my eyes hurt or something? This person was literally over the fence of my home.

Regardless, I can't believe I just saw that. Will post pictures of this persons house in the morning It's completely destroyed now.

I'm completely shocked (no pun intended).

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
wow, that's crazy

i doubt looking at lightning, even from close up would make you blind

but still, that's pretty insane

also, what do you mean when you say they were "over the fence of [your] home?"

GA Peach

Smash Lord
this happened to my house last year. my house was hit by lightning, and burned down. i feel sorry for your neighbors, and i can only hope that they have good insurance.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
**** man, that's crazy ****.

So how are you still on the computer? Don't you know that's dangerous?

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Dude, my house rumbled. Everything shook. Ever feel a really loud lightening from far away?

Imagine that but like 50x more close and personal. My body shook. Everything near me shook.

And the worst part is that it's still going on. Flashes are still going back and forth.

I am legitimately scared. I don't know the odds of it happening again near my house, but I'd like to live kthx

Serin, I'm using a laptop, lol. I figured it was fine.

Zip.

Smash Lord
im scared and im not even there o.o

not rly

but wow thats crazy.
poor neighbors :(

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I thought it was Thunder and Lightening. I thought Lightening doesn't make noise . . .

Well, I hope those people have insurance on the house.

I'd lose all hope should my house go up in flames. My whole life can be destroyed in one fire.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
<content redacted>

lol wow you jerk lol

Last edited by a moderator:

M@v

Subarashii!
Lightning smacked a tree about 25ft from my house a couple years ago(this is back in PA). It caused that tree to blow up, taking several trees(including the one in my yard) with it. My backyard was literally a jungle for two days until we got all the stuff out.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
And how am I not blind from this, too? lol. Shouldn't my eyes hurt or something? This person was literally over the fence of my home.
I think you'd have to get prolonged exposure to bright light for you to go blind. Your eyes can stand to look at the sun just long enough to realize, "holy **** I'm looking at the sun," and turn away, so a lighting bolt, which lasts even shorter than that time, shouldn't do much damage at all.

Top Bottom