• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 Dude, get DF to read your poem that you wrote. I'll bet it would sound great.
What? Huh? I don't remember writing any poem...

On the other hand, my friend says he'll still take me over to his place (where there's wifi), and if he's feeling better by tomorrow, he'll take me to the tournament. But whether he takes me or not, I'll still have loads of fun and will finally be able to play with some of you guys after chilling in the Link boards for so long. Either way, I'm not particularly comfortable with him taking me anywhere in his condition and I feel guilty as hell right now. I hope he gets better soon.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
So today in my school there was a smash scene going on and they where called the best smashers in my school. They see me playing smash 3DS and they call me a noob for playing as a low tier character. So that made me mad and we Smashed in front of everyone and he salts because this is the first time he ever lost to a Link. I'm putting the video on the replay thingy.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
On the other hand I know this is @ Dumbfire Dumbfire 's thing, but I decided to whip up a quick poem for us Link mains. So here you go;

One's knowledge of Sm4sh's MUs had better be damned exceptional

For whom I main has a playstyle that is quite unconventional

Despite what people may think they know of him, I'm afraid they're quite mistaken'

He is not quite as bad a character as one may hath taken

His power be granted only to those with true courage

In no time most would become easily discouraged

His playstyle takes so much true work, patience and grit to be utilized

His skill cap is the highest in the game, one might be surprised

Competitively, not casually is he so difficult to be played

That for his true power, few have what it takes for it to be portrayed

Hardened from the torturous depths of Brawl's tier list, he is in seek of vengeance

To CEO he comes with solemn impedance

Be wary

This character will make one bow their head in shame; Unflinchingly, he will not hesitate to take a game.

Be wary

This character will not be willing to devote even a single ****; One after the other, unmercifully, he will devour each stock
This one.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I had people in my school in Brawl play MK all the time during lunch. So I said, "Watch out foul tierwhore! I shall destroy thee with my low tier!" And they all laughed and challenged me. And then everyone watched and I JV 4-stocked them dozens of times in front of the entire school, and then everyone clapped and the most attractive girl there kissed me and then the mayor showed up and gave me the key to the city. *Fist-bump* Low tiers rule! That'll teach those vapid jocks and havers of sex, huh guys?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Low tiers rule. They are a win win situation. You lost? John on your crappy char. You won? It's because you're so superior that you basically cheated by playing vs that scrub.

That's why I always go Link in tourneys. It allows me to win even when I lose.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Not to mention the fact that there are zero tier-whores running Link, making him even better to use. I'd feel like a coward using those top tiers.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I had people in my school in Brawl play MK all the time during lunch. So I said, "Watch out foul tier*****! I shall destroy thee with my low tier!" And they all laughed and challenged me. And then everyone watched and I JV 4-stocked them dozens of times in front of the entire school, and then everyone clapped and the most attractive girl there kissed me and then the mayor showed up and gave me the key to the city. *Fist-bump* Low tiers rule! That'll teach those vapid jocks and havers of sex, huh guys?
That's actually a way better poem than the one I made lol.
But seriously, it gets more unrealistic as you go on.

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
I had people in my school in Brawl play MK all the time during lunch. So I said, "Watch out foul tier*****! I shall destroy thee with my low tier!" And they all laughed and challenged me. And then everyone watched and I JV 4-stocked them dozens of times in front of the entire school, and then everyone clapped and the most attractive girl there kissed me and then the mayor showed up and gave me the key to the city. *Fist-bump* Low tiers rule! That'll teach those vapid jocks and havers of sex, huh guys?
So during lunch at school, Brawl was that big you had a tv set up where everyone could play and watch? I believe you kissing the girl and getting the key to the city and you probably forgot to mention besting the evil aliens to save the world in brawl using Link after. But having a set up during lunch that is just impossible.

Last edited:

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Nair locking for one. If we were all perfect at landing those, that would do worlds of good for Link. Same can be said about Phoenix bombing with IZACs and edge canceling.
Phoenix bombing is so useless. If your opponent is stupid enough to not be shielding when a bomb and you are both next to them, they're not an opponent you should have trouble fighting.

Regardless, the reason I quoted this post. Nair locking. I can't seem to fast fall fast enough to land the nair after the bomb > footstool. What am I doing wrong here?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Phoenix bombing is so useless. If your opponent is stupid enough to not be shielding when a bomb and you are both next to them, they're not an opponent you should have trouble fighting.

Regardless, the reason I quoted this post. Nair locking. I can't seem to fast fall fast enough to land the nair after the bomb > footstool. What am I doing wrong here?
Are you doing it in this order: Nair>FF?

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Obama came over to give me a medal after wards.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
Are you doing it in this order: Nair>FF?
edit: i guess I was misinputting and canceling my fast fall. thanks for the tip. the timing is still very hard to land though.

Last edited:

RonNewcomb

Smash Journeyman
Low tiers rule. They are a win win situation. You lost? John on your crappy char. You won? It's because you're so superior that you basically cheated by playing vs that scrub.

That's why I always go Link in tourneys. It allows me to win even when I lose.
I once had someone popoff to me at a tournement saying he's the best at Street Fighter and wanted to MM me for the free moneys. I said sure, with one stipulation: we play each other's mains.

He mained Ken. I mained Juri. He spun on his heel and never spoke to me again.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015

Dude. Phoenix bombing with IZACs. Big difference.

ShinnyMetal

FRABJOUS
NNID
ShinyMetal
3DS FC
2148-8188-7632
I'm playing much better than I was a few weeks ago. The stress really got to me.
My link has been pretty meh recently. It's like I've just gotten stupid sloppy with his projectile game. It's given me more reason to work on lucario though. Man... what a stressful character. I feel in the end I'll be a better link for it though

Himura Kenshin

Smash Journeyman
I once had someone popoff to me at a tournement saying he's the best at Street Fighter and wanted to MM me for the free moneys. I said sure, with one stipulation: we play each other's mains.

He mained Ken. I mained Juri. He spun on his heel and never spoke to me again.
I need details. How'd he act when you beat him?

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So, in about 4 hours or so I'll try streaming again. We're getting together since it's the Bday of one of the local smashers and we're having a get together with smash and food (he's a chef). I'll be streaming the matches which will be random, as in anybody there will play. I'll post the link again a bit later but his is just to let you all know in case you're interested.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
My brother is 1st in the Smash Ranking of my country and he went to play to one great tournament... sadly lost against a DK (one very regular player... not good enough... I destroy him very easy) and now he is in loser bracket...
Im very sad for him, because i know that he is very good, but he lacks confident and maturity...

Last edited:

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
So... I made this recently.

Thank's to FSK for providing me with this brilliant Sm4sh Link model. Gay was downloaded from models-resource though.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Got back from the tournament. Not as fun as I expected, but still fun. I didn't get to compete in Sm4sh singles because doubles were like 2 hours off schedule, and my sister made us leave early. We couldn't even play casuals as much as we wanted because all of the setups were being used for doubles nearly the entire time I was there. I had to sit around and do nothing for way longer than I expected. I tried doubles with my friend as a team mate and we got eliminated right out of the gate, because he's still very new to smash. I also played Melee singles and got bodied because I haven't touched that game in years lol. Ah well. At least now I know what CEO might be like (besides the inconveniences) and what it feels like to be in an offline competitive environment. The tournament itself as a first time experience was pretty ****ty though.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^That's why I support 2 stocks rather than 3. Tourneys can take forever. I've dropped out of singles because the other events took too long before.

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
^That's why I support 2 stocks rather than 3. Tourneys can take forever. I've dropped out of singles because the other events took too long before.
Exactly. I wish they could've had singles come first, because I can guarantee you that I would've placed well. Most of whom I've played in doubles weren't that good. I almost saved me and my team mate from being elimitated in a 2v1 situation against my Link. There were a few really good people who I played in casuals though.

Edit: Would anyone else like to add me so that we can play tomorrow if you haven't already? I'm leaving early in the afternoon tomorrow (USA time). I'll also be trying to practice doubles with my friend since For Glory doubles is worthless without team attack on. Pretty please?

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Exactly. I wish they could've had singles come first, because I can guarantee you that I would've placed well. Most of whom I've played in doubles weren't that good. I almost saved me and my team mate from being elimitated in a 2v1 situation against my Link. There were a few really good people who I played in casuals though.

Edit: Would anyone else like to add me so that we can play tomorrow if you haven't already? I'm leaving early in the afternoon tomorrow (USA time). I'll also be trying to practice doubles with my friend since For Glory doubles is worthless without team attack on. Pretty please?
You were an unseeded team of course you fought a bunch of randoms first. I added you.

DUKEL

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SirDukeIII
So. I went to my second tourney yesterday and got knocked out after two sets. It was a 65 person tourney with no pools. (?) Regardless I had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to getting better and doing better next time.

If you actually care to read about the tourney:
While I might have not made it very far, I took a game off a player that ended up getting a prize for 'best offense' and placing 9th in the tourney with Luigi in first round of winners. I have a ton of Luigi MU experience and my Link was on point (to the point where a solid crowd gathered to watch our game - stage spikes ftw), but the final game came down to an SD on my part. I was trying to get up with zair and managed to miss my jump button. RIP Link 2015

I relaxed after that set, but way too much. I should have meditated before my second set, because I did so bad. I wasn't feeling prepared at all during pregame and definitely should have asked for a button check. Lesson learned. In the match though, I had to play a ZSS, a character I literally had no MU experience with, and while the guy was really punishable, I kept on accidentally doing dash attacks instead of tilts. I totally would have beat him in the second match if he hadn't acted all arrogant after that game, and switched to Link (Because he apparently felt bad that I didn't have the mu experience I guess? But I came to the tourney to gain mu experience. Not play a Link.). Midmatch, after landing a kill on me (more accidental dash attacks - what the heck is up with those today? I never use my dash attack.), he leans over to me and shows me the c-stick and proceeds to tell me that if I hold down my a-stick in the air, I'll fast fall my dair. MIDMATCH.

Bruh

A little history about that match - I had been bombsliding, z-dropping bombs, soft tossing, sh arrowing, fast fall nairing etc., while he had been doing - none of that. I know more about combat with Link than you, and you think I don't know how to ****ing fast fall dair? A move you should barely use to begin with? Honestly, that's the reason I lost the game, and subsequently, match. I got super depressed (and angry) after his little comment to the point where, while I wasn't feeling all that great before that moment, It crushed all of my hopes and dreams afterwards. I tried to fight through it, and almost came back afterwards, but that was a major blow to my confidence. That may have been his goal to begin with, I don't know.

What I learned was that mentality is everything. If you feel mentally prepared for a match, you might very well play your best. But if you don't feel prepared, be prepared to fight an uphill battle, and ask for that button check. Finally, don't get fazed by your opponent's in game or irl antics. Just fight, and ignore all doucheyness.

And most of all, STOP WITH THE RANDOM ****ING DASH ATTACKS.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
The tourney I was at yesterday switched from 3 to 2 stocks last minute and doubles still ran almost an hour and a half late.
And most of all, STOP WITH THE RANDOM ****ING DASH ATTACKS
But random dash attacks are the best dash attacks
:troll:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
And most of all, STOP WITH THE RANDOM ****ING DASH ATTACKS.
This is also so muhc for me that you should screaming at me already. I also DA all the time out of failed pivot ftilts. Sucks...

Top Bottom