• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Fireworks do fit you, they're appropriately idiotic and attract the naive eyes of boring suburban nerds, notoriety-seeking juvenile hillbillies, almost illiterate kids and other suck numskulls.
Sometimes, people want to watch the world burn." Sure, they may be idiots, but they tend to be very wise in their thinking.
Everyone likes fire works. any one with a happy heart I least does.
Um, I think you better run for it smokey. They'll be all over you now.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Hey, I got an idea! Why don't we start quoting famous movie lines which, while once awesome, have been ran into the Earth's core, to try and sound smart/gain credibility? It is important though to misquote them completely as to make it entirely clear that we have no idea what we're talking about/saying.

Last edited:

smokebomb12

Banned via Administration
NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Hey, I got an idea! Why don't we start quoting famous movie lines which, while once awesome, have been ran into the Earth's core, to try and sound smart/gain credibility? It is important though to misquote them completely as to make it entirely certain that we have no idea what we're talking about/saying.
who are you talking to?

@ Ryu_Ken Ryu_Ken trust me, by the time they go off I will be laughing, discussing and being "SOCIAL" with the Robin and Zelda boards etc.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
who are you talking to?
I believe he's talking to me. And the thousand other people that would've probably said the same thing I said (more or less a rough estimate)
Hey, I got an idea! Why don't we start quoting famous movie lines which, while once awesome, have been ran into the Earth's core, to try and sound smart/gain credibility? It is important though to misquote them completely as to make it entirely certain that we have no idea what we're talking about/saying.
I know full well what I said. Idiots tend to be very wise in their thinking. That's the jist of it, at least

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
"Where art thou wandering, little child?"
I said to one I met to-day.—
She pushed her bonnet up and smiled,
"I'm going upon the green to play:
Folks tell me that the May's in flower,
That cowslip-peeps are fit to pull,
And I've got leave to spend an hour
To get this little basket full."

—And thou'st got leave to spend an hour!
My heart repeated.—She was gone;
—And thou hast heard the thorn's in flower,
And childhood's bliss is urging on:
Ah, happy child! thou mak'st me sigh,
This once as happy heart of mine,
Would nature with the boon comply,
How gladly would I change for thine.
(John Clare)

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ Ryu_Ken Ryu_Ken

If powerstar's not worth a nickel, then I don't know what your worth. You make me laugh you deku shrub. I would tear you up in a battle of smash plain and simple. maybe If you behave like a good little doggy I will give you a little treat.
Hmmm, well I rarely boot up my 3Ds nowadays for anything but Xenoblade, but for you, I can make an exception. I can be ready I believe in about a half hour. What is more concerning, however, is you avoid the question of proof of whether you did get 4th in that so-called tournament. It is a tad coincidental that you outright ignore my plea and instead insult me instead.
These boards are about to blow, and I'm not going to be around when that happens. I see why everyone calls the link boards childish kindergarteners now.
I see, so superior intellect and vocabulary is now called "childish" eh? What has come out of this society that neglects proper use of the English language?
I was ready to fight you right when you said that, but I realize that would create a huge mess on this board. I'll just take your word for it and admit I am completely oblivious to this "truth."
Again, you downright the whole test I put out for you...
It was a simple enough question to those familiar in Smash. I have discussions of these MU's nearly every day with true Links. To think, MU discussion is a "huge mess". Again, your apparent sarcasm and insubordination is definitely not helping your case with an outsiders interpretation of my "One big 'hunch'".

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Really good for him. congrats.

Do work.
So this is how it all started? If you had just watched what you said, none of this would have happened. You do realize this, right? But still, you didn't deserve your treatment, as it was just one mistake.

Lay off, folks. He's only a kid, after all. He'll learn his way soon enough as I did.

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
Hmmm, well I rarely boot up my 3Ds nowadays for anything but Xenoblade, but for you, I can make an exception. I can be ready I believe in about a half hour. What is more concerning, however, is you avoid the question of proof of whether you did get 4th in that so-called tournament. It is a tad coincidental that you outright ignore my plea and instead insult me instead.

I see, so superior intellect and vocabulary is now called "childish" eh? What has come out of this society that neglects proper use of the English language?
quote]
3DS sparkey. 3DS only now, If you would have paid attention you would no that by now.
MasterOfBlades2401
Striker8414
Darkyoshi

Just to name the few who I connected with.

*throws a dog treat* enjoy.
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 That was not sarcasm I was serious, GOOD FOR HIM. Besides It's not my fault they are.... never mind.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Again, you downright the whole test I put out for you...
It was a simple enough question to those familiar in Smash. I have discussions of these MU's nearly every day with true Links. To think, MU discussion is a "huge mess". Again, your apparent sarcasm and insubordination is definitely not helping your case with an outsiders interpretation of my "One big 'hunch'".
Oh. My. God.
Is that really what you meant/said in your post?
You two Links barely have a chance of beating my lowly Miniblins after all. I certainly would not blame the other Links to aborting to increasingly obvious "facts" against you two. In fact, I find it cute how oblivious you get you are consorted with ones of the truth.
This is again, just a hunch however.
I am merely a Gerudo doing his job.
Oh. My. God.
Are. You. Freaking. Kidding. ME!? This is what MU discussion LOOKS LIKE!?
Guys, I apparently am a newbie to Smash. I never realized MU Discussions had so much color to them. The crypticness is too much to handle. Guess I'm not a true Link main...
Still gonna main Link.

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I enjoy fireworks.
"The genuine art of pyrotechnic must have as a background the sky; for a frame the walls of heaven. Its chief merit lies in its inability to express ideas, above all, didactic ideas. It must not tell a story, insinuate a moral, or imitate any earthly form. It is the ideal art of the arabesque. Attempts at portraiture of popular men, politicians and other unimportant persons, are simple burlesques, unworthy of the serious-minded fireworker. His patterns must be varied, his tintings multifarious. He must have the courage of his fiery fugues, and the conviction that if all other arts are moribund, his is still vital and capable of an infinite evolution. In a word, the pyrotechnist should have the eye of a painter, the imagination of a poet, the designing brain of an architect, and the soul of a fanatic."
--James Huneker, In Praise of Fireworks

Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.
Are. You. Freaking. Kidding. ME!? This is what MU discussion LOOKS LIKE!?.
Oh. My. God. Wimpy. Millennial. Alert. Please. Don't. Type. Like. A. 12. Year. Old. Girl.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
This killed me.

Seriously, lets all get along and talk about something else. If your to arrogant to do so, then continue.
Okay, okay... Jeez, what was I thinking? I tend to lose my cool when something is said that makes completely no sense whatsoever at first. I'll do better to control myself.

Anyone here heard of Phoenix Wright?

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
I really don't feel like typing out a long post, because I don't really see the point in it, so I'll just quote myself instead. I think this is relevant enough to apply to our current situation.
I remember what it's like to be the new guy on the boards. You're excited about being part of the community and you want to contribute any way you can. You post your ideas or findings and then when someone points out the flaws in it you get hurt and offended. You feel the need to stand your ground and argue your point because you want to be helpful. The thing you dont realize is that your topic has probably already been discussed months prior and deemed not worth the time. The veterans on the boards have been through a lot and can be a great help to you if you listen to them. I've been a part of this community for five years now and I still wouldn't consider myself to be a veteran. So if you've been here for less time than that, and you haven't won any major tournaments lately then you can be sure that you're seen as a scrub in the eye a of most people here. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Everyone one of us was a scrub at one point...some still are. It becomes a problem when you get too big for your boots and don't listen to the advice of those that have been here longer than you. If you do that then you've just doomed yourself to be a scrub for the rest of your smash career.

Surviving on the the Link boards is all about respect. You need to earn the respect of the veterans and that is only accomplished through respect. You need to understand that you don't understand. If you suggest something and a veteran takes the time to tell you that it's not viable then you should take that to heart and be glad that you didn't have to waste time finding that out on your own like they probably did. You'll find the Link boards to be a much nicer place if you take a back seat for a while and glean from the information that we available. I'm not saying you should be lazy, but rather that you should work on improving yourself before attempting to improve Links metagame.

Only time will tell if you've got what it takes to be a Link main. Many players give way under the pressure. However, if you heed what I've said and stick it out, I can guarantee you won't regret it.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 That was not sarcasm I was serious, GOOD FOR HIM. Besides It's not my fault they are.... never mind.
I don't think I understand what you mean in this clearly well thought-out and instructive post. Could you please, dumb it down for a little old-timer like myself. I apologize that I speak English as my first language, but I have a hard time understanding disjointed words, fragmented sentences, and incorrect use of a simple forum's dumbed-down programming language for posts.Please forgive my ignorance, but are we fighting on 3DS, or not? Furthermore, where is this proof you got 4th in a tournament?
Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.
Are. You. Freaking. Kidding. ME!? This is what MU discussion LOOKS LIKE!?
Guys, I apparently am a newbie to Smash. I never realized MU Discussions had so much color to them. The crypticness is too much to handle. Guess I'm not a true Link main...
Still gonna main Link.
I guess the same applies to you as well. Why don't we go back to English class with Uncle Ganondorf? Shall we start now?
This killed me.

Seriously, lets all get along and talk about something else. If your to arrogant to do so, then continue.
Are we feeling angst now? Hmm.. Disregarding others' points seems to be a theme here, without proper proof nor (proper) explanation, I may add. So, you are trying to leave the argument altogether, with improper grammar, no less.
Running away from an argument never solves your problems, it only intensifies in due time.
So far today, you have lied, had a tantrum, presented clear hyperbole's of this board, and insulted me; You have proved that your own ignorance and child-like arrogance is only rivaled by your incompetence to present facts in an orderly manner. This is something that the rest of the world (usually) does with ease.
We are not on a good start today, are we?

Oh and @ Elessar Elessar , I apologize for not participating in your event.
Here is something to rectify that.
How ridiculous... So many pathetic creatures, scattered across a handful of islands, drifting on this sea like fallen leaves on a forgotten pool... What can they possibly hope to achieve? Don't you see? All of you...

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
My wife has a saying: "sleep with children and you'll wake up wet."

I'm just gonna leave that there.

Ryu_Ken

NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I remember what it's like to be the new guy on the boards. You're excited about being part of the community and you want to contribute any way you can. You post your ideas or findings and then when someone points out the flaws in it you get hurt and offended. You feel the need to stand your ground and argue your point because you want to be helpful. The thing you dont realize is that your topic has probably already been discussed months prior and deemed not worth the time. The veterans on the boards have been through a lot and can be a great help to you if you listen to them. I've been a part of this community for five years now and I still wouldn't consider myself to be a veteran. So if you've been here for less time than that, and you haven't won any major tournaments lately then you can be sure that you're seen as a scrub in the eye a of most people here. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. Everyone one of us was a scrub at one point...some still are. It becomes a problem when you get too big for your boots and don't listen to the advice of those that have been here longer than you. If you do that then you've just doomed yourself to be a scrub for the rest of your smash career.

Surviving on the the Link boards is all about respect. You need to earn the respect of the veterans and that is only accomplished through respect. You need to understand that you don't understand. If you suggest something and a veteran takes the time to tell you that it's not viable then you should take that to heart and be glad that you didn't have to waste time finding that out on your own like they probably did. You'll find the Link boards to be a much nicer place if you take a back seat for a while and glean from the information that we available. I'm not saying you should be lazy, but rather that you should work on improving yourself before attempting to improve Links metagame.

Only time will tell if you've got what it takes to be a Link main. Many players give way under the pressure. However, if you heed what I've said and stick it out, I can guarantee you won't regret it.
Point taken.
........*sigh* I can't believe I lost it. I deeply regret doing so. I guess I couldn't hold in the stress that I've been shoving off from your posts for all these months...

WHY DID IT HAVE TO HAPPEN NOW?

............ There. I'm done fighting. I've let out all my stress. I won't let this happen again. In fact, I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
upload_2015-6-2_19-48-23.png

Back to my scrub self.

D

Deleted member

Don't join in, your to perfect.
I'm just gushing about FE in my little corner over here though.

@ Rizen Rizen ,

I sadly haven't been paying much attention to much else that could show up at E3, although I am one of those people that would be hype to see Ryu in Smash become a thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Well, I bought all the necessary gear to stream things. Maybe now I can start that dedicated Link stream I've been talking about. XD

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
I honestly don't care much about what's at E3 unless it's got something to do with Zelda. I'm not interested in more filler info on games that have already been announced. Hopefully they surprise me with a new Metroid game on the Wii U or something, or a new HD remake of either TP or SS.

Edit: Xenoblade Chronicles X is hype though.

Last edited:

8MAN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FourOhFour
3DS FC
4871-4261-8409
I'm hoping Nintendo releases more RPGs to be honest..
Details on Xenoblade Chronicles X at E3 is a given, but I'm hoping that we'll get more details on Fire Emblem If and Bravely Second.
Hopefully they'll add more Wii/Gamecube games to the eshop, like Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, which is a b**** to find game stores.

Last edited:
Until I'm banned, I'm a member.
A member of SWF, and nothing more.
hai Link boards

fite me.

Do your worst
There are some evils which you should only unseal when you need the entire cosmos rearranged.
More Fire Emblem: If.

Because I'm a total FE fanboy.
I'm not as big on Fire Emblem as I am on Zelda or Metroid, but I do agree with your signature. Tiki threatening to eat our old friend the shopkeep was quite enjoyable. Put her in Smash.

She also has a serene sort of personality which I appreciate more in my advancing age.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If we're talking strictly Nintendo, I'm mostly excited for Xenoblade Chronicles X this E3. A new Smash DLC character reveal would also be nice, but I'm not holding my breath for that. If there will be one, I would expect the already leaked Ryu.

As for Sony and Microsoft, I hope the former showcases a new trailer for The Last Guardia- *shot*

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
I hope we get a new F-Zero or a new Metroid. More on F-Zero though because that is one of the most underrated franchises of all time and we celebrate it's 25th anniversary this year, it needs to have a game. As for anything else: More info on Fire Emblem If, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, release date on Xenoblade Chronicles X & more info on the new Star Fox.

Maybe Zelda might sneak in there, you never know.

I want Ghirahim in Smash. Enough said.
Me too, buddy. Me too. :(

Last edited:

smokebomb12

NNID
SmokebombX13
3DS FC
5198-3160-1382
GG @ Lozjam Lozjam I win with a perfect set 2-0 (Best of 3)

Like I said, I won 4th on my first tournament. Could have won, but I didn't, It is what it is.

Don't call me out anymore again PLZ.

Anyone else want to battle?

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Gods, I'm so tired and sore at the moment.

Anyway, how are all you Link mains today?

TL is the better character, no doubt. Whenever I look for either tournament results or video footage I find way more of TL too: the results don't lie. We'll miss you, is all.
I don't know if I would say Toon Link is better. The nerf to his air mobility did hurt him quite a bit.

I personally can't get used to Gay. His physical range is s***. It's really the fact that his back throw is a kill move, and the fact that people can't fall out of his up smash that makes him better imo. Besides, how even does Gay edge guard? We have so many options. He just has his mobility.
Well, Toon Link has arrows, Boomerang, Bombs, Nair, Fair.......

Wait, am I talking about Link's edge guard options or Toon Link's?

Top Bottom