• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hey, would it be ok if I created a thread asking bout how to main Link and demand every possible strategy for the character?
Play passive aggressively and move around a lot with hops/jumps. Space from the tip of Link's attack reach. Use projectiles and weak fast attacks (jab, Utilt, Bair, Nair, Zair) to create openings and chain stronger attacks. Juggle/intercept. Improvise. Profit! /thread.

Last edited:

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
Hey, would it be ok if I created a thread asking bout how to main Link and demand every possible strategy for the character?
Just make sure to have never read any stickies, and then make your name something like SamusLover1994, or RobinMaster9000. After that, make the thread, and about halfway through what you're typing, just start rolling your face back and forth across the keyboard. That should really make the thread standout.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
But only if you either whine about how OP Link is now, or complain about how Link is a campy cheap car that only baddies use. You have to make it clear that you're only playing because you want free wins and then ask who's better, if Link or Gay.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Link is tots OP. Over-penetration. I never read th rules so I'll just post it anyway ;). Make trouble for @ Elessar Elessar . Maybe change my name to VenusLinkDietyHyruleBombsAwayBoomerangSpam666

God I'm drunk. On my 8th glass of whiskey.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Whiskey is the nectar of the gods. With Scotch and Bourdon following close behind.

HOW DO I CHARGE LINKSARROWS?!! IMMGOING TO MAKE 12 THREADS PERTAINING THIS INNANE QUESTION XOMG!!!

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Whiskey is the nectar of the gods. With Scotch and Bourdon following close behind.

HOW DO I CHARGE LINKSARROWS?!! IMMGOING TO MAKE 12 THREADS PERTAINING THIS INNANE QUESTION XOMG!!!
Whiskey good.

Woah woah woah, you cant make 12 threads until you show up to each of our houses, slap us in the face, then declare that Link is a weak clone of Ike.
Do it right man.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
But only if you either whine about how OP Link is now, or complain about how Link is a campy cheap car that only baddies use. You have to make it clear that you're only playing because you want free wins and then ask who's better, if Link or Gay.
This sums up the ******** I hear all the time
True words

Dont forget to put those 12 threads in the Welcome Center or some other place they don't belong

Whiskey truly is the nectar of the gods, @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom What's your brand?

Also, I fully endorse your plan to make a thread demanding all of our knowledge, complete with double posts and disregard for our rules.

Just be ready for the Welcoming Party.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
WHOW DO I CHARGE LINKSARROWS?!! IMMGOING TO MAKE 12 THREADS PERTAINING THIS INNANE QUESTION XOMG!!!
You have to press start, then L+R+A+start, b, b, home button, close software, power off your Wii U, put on your special needs helmet, leave your room, leave your house, play outside.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
I think one brave Link took my girl advice!
BAHAHAHAHA!
So who's the lucky gal?!
It better not be your right hand

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
I think one brave Link took my girl advice!
BAHAHAHAHA!
So who's the lucky gal?!
It better not be your right hand
You caught me. Me and the Item Check Chick drank too much Stamina Potion. That **** does some weird stuff.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
Got bored, so I went through all the pages on the Link Boards. There are 75 locked threads. 1 page happens to contain ONLY locked threads.
image.jpg

Seems most of these people have gone. Heh... Scrubs.
At this rate, we could have ~85 at the end of the month (if there are no spammers). I don't know about you, but it'd be something noteworthy if we had the most locked threads on the character forums (which we probably don't).

You caught me. Me and the Item Check Chick drank too much Stamina Potion. That **** does some weird stuff.
????? I thought the stamina potion only makes you super hyper...

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
That must've been a long night
Got bored, so I went through all the pages on the Link Boards. There are 75 locked threads. 1 page happens to contain ONLY locked threads.
View attachment 35071
At this rate, we could have ~85 at the end of the month (if there are no spammers). I don't know about you, but it'd be something noteworthy if we had the most locked threads on the character forums (which we probably don't).

I noticed this as well when I was doing research for my threads. There used to be a whole community of "links mains" here that all hit the trail when we came back. Lol

Lozjam

Smash Champion
BAHAHAHAHA!
I remember when Nabooru and I tried something like that.
It was a year before I tricked the king if Hyrule. She went and stole something called Chateau Romani. I have no idea where she got it, as I've heard of no such thing in the Land of Hyrule. Whatever it was, it was great stuff, fit for a king! We drank about 50 bottles, and we want on for over 3 months continuously! Ah... Great times... Too bad Nabooru turned traitor, she would have been fit to be the queen at my side!

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
That must've been a long night
Not necessarily. Could've been like a sugar crash that begins with extreme excitement for an incredibly short time but ultimately ends in an exhausted, disappointing induced slumber.

BAHAHAHAHA!
I remember when Nabooru and I tried something like that.
It was a year before I tricked the king if Hyrule. She went and stole something called Chateau Romani. I have no idea where she got it, as I've heard of no such thing in the Land of Hyrule. Whatever it was, it was great stuff, fit for a king! We drank about 50 bottles, and we want on for over 3 months continuously! Ah... Great times... Too bad Nabooru turned traitor, she would have been fit to be the queen at my side!
Chateau Romani is one hell of a drug.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I noticed this as well when I was doing research for my threads. There used to be a whole community of "links mains" here that all hit the trail when we came back. Lol
I remember a couple of threads when I first started coming back. One was about how something in Link's face was odd, like he had chunkier cheeks or some other stupid thing. I actually posted and trolled them that he was older so he had put on a couple of pounds and they actually took me seriously. I just couldn't believe that the Link Boards were filled with such filthy posts so I did the only thing to be done. I summoned and awoke the Link mains of old. I even went as far as performing the most forbidden summoning ritual. I reawoke @ ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste .

I may have caused all those guys to flee. I think I obliterated the community they had here when I came back.

I don't regret a thing.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
View attachment 35071

I think Diddy has the most locked/merged threads, but Link does attract a lot of scrubs. Thank god we're here to scare them away.

Knife8193

Smash Journeyman
NNID
omar8193
Yeah, I'll play you Ike lover. Sending request, I host?

EDIT: NM I'm leaving now.

Last edited:

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Men, I really hate my head sometimes.
So I had a really amazing/terrible dream last night, I posted it in the Zelda Forum
Last night I had a dream that I got to play an alpha build of Zelda Wii U....
Fate is extremely cruel, especially because I almost always have vivid dreams. With all 5 senses.
In the dream I had befriended a member of the NoA, who happened to be leading the English version of Zelda Wii U. So he knew of my deep love for Zelda. He took me into his office and let me play it. It was so amazing! Epona fealt so real, like you are riding a real horse. I decided to go to a dungeon, and asked if any were done yet. He said all of them are unfinished, but mostly done. So I went exploring to Skull Lake. I passes by these mushroom enemies on the way, you needed to attack them on the base. Oh did I mention everything looked fricken georgious?! So I climbed some mountains, did some more traveling. It was a fantastic sight to see. I got to skull lake, and the water was poisonous. I saw the entrance to the temple though. So I backtracked a little to one of the mountain and used the sailcloth to glide down. My new friend was very impressed that I thought of that. So I got into the temple... It was downright scary, with a poisonous fog in the air, meaning you cannot see far. The dungeon itself was a huge maze as well. With enemies scattered throughout. I finally made it to the end, and I found the boss. It was fricken huge! It was a giant lizard. He slashed the temple open, and poisonous water flowed through. I then I had to remember what way I took through the maze. I got lost a couple of times, but I did fine. I got through, and there was a path to me to epona. I got on her, and the lizard sprang up! I then went after him on epona. I shot when he had his mouth open, and after an hour of hard intense fighting, he died. He left a chest and a heart container, I picked up the heart container. When I opened the chest, the game crashed. It was time to go home anyway, and I had been playing Zelda Wii U for 6 hours straight! I woke up
That was such a good dream, but such a sad one....
I took a nap today... And it was a continuation of this dream ^^
Ugh! Why do I have such vivid and believable dreams!

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So I had a really amazing/terrible dream last night, I posted it in the Zelda Forum

Because you eat too many mushrooms. Liek srsly, stahp.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431

You should've been able to tell it was a dream because the boss's weak point wasn't his eye

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
So the Punchout game I ordered finally came in, time to find out why scrubs like little mac so much.
The like him so much because cheap KOs. Nothing to do with the game. Punch out is a master piece, the NES one.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
Because you eat too many mushrooms. Liek srsly, stahp.
I have always had vivid dreams.....
It just isn't fair sometimes!
Like the dream I just had I went to Lanayru desert to face the dungeon there....... Oh boy it was amazing. I even remember what route I took
Route.png

Boy was it amazing. Death Mountain looked huge, big and foreboding! Lava lined it as the volcano kept erupting. The lava looked really awesome too, I can't believe my brain would match the artstyle so well. So anyway, ounce I skirted past death mountain I came upon a bridge over the river that was guarded by Moblins. In me dream, they were extremely tough! You needed prestine button presses to get past them! Then I went south through this huge forest that is a valley. It looked quite beautiful, and there was a whole pack of goats making their life their. I even got to see one and pet it! So I went further south and came upon the a lake. It was quite beautiful as it was early morning. and steam was rising throughout the valley. I came across some monkey's beckoning me, probably wanting help, but I really wanted to see Lanayru desert. I went west, and it was just the beggining of Dusk. When I crossed the river, into the desert it was night. A solid beam of golden light connected from the sky to this huge tower! It was quite beautiful, and not only that, but Lanayru Desert is higher than most places on Hyrule. So I got to see the moon rise and have the whole scope of the map bathed in silvery moonlight. I kept pressing forward, until dawn. When I could see better, to my astonishment! I could see epona's footsteps for miles! But I also noticed something, there were other hooves footprints, but much thicker than Epona's.I followed them(Marked in Blue). The footprints lead to a solid rockface for some reason.... I then thought of bombs. I bombed it open, and I found this huge nasty version of King Bublin! He was guarding this huge chest, and I wanted it! I then approached King Bublin thinking of his easy fight in TP.... He cleaved through my 6 hearts in 3 hits....... I had game over. I then tried sneaking. I got the chest, and it had this awesome version of the spinner! It made Link walk very fast, and it kind of hovered in blue light. King Bublin noticed me and I hightailed it out of there! I got on Epona and ran. King Bublin followed me all the way out to the other side of the desert! Then he was shot down by the Gerudo race! They said they were looking for hi,. I then resumed going into the huge tower.
I reached the tower, and that place was huge! It went equally both ways down and up, and it was hard to decide which way to go. I opted for up. It was relentless climbing, battling many moblins, and bokoblins, leevers, and the like. There were like 10 rooms on each floor! And probably like 10 floors just going up! I finally ascended to the top, and I was bathed by a golden light. Then, the boss appeared! It was a giant human, all covered in holy light. To beat this boss, I had to sort of climb up it, using arrows that I shot as hand and footholds, before stabbing it's head with my sword! The tower itself probably took 4 hours with the boss. When I defeated it, the whole tower collapsed. Leaving a single heart container. I could not try to go to the bottom of the tower, but I was really curious. Anyway, I woke up.....
I really want Zelda Wii U now :'(

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
My mom's really sick and disoriented so I'm staying with her the last few nights. I helped her to the doctor but she was very dizzy. So I've been busy and will continue to be very busy for a while.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
My mom's really sick and disoriented so I'm staying with her the last few nights. I helped her to the doctor but she was very dizzy. So I've been busy and will continue to be very busy for a while.
Take your time, take care of your mom. She's the only one you got. Hope she feels well soon!

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Hope she gets better soon.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
I may have caused all those guys to flee. I think I obliterated the community they had here when I came back.

I don't regret a thing.
You're doing God's work Elessar.

Also, hope she gets better man. You're in our thoughts.
Not that there's much I can do, but if you need anything, PM me and I'll see if it's not within my power to help.

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Hey guys, what you talking about?
Unknown Hero, I think you're mistaking this for real life. This is the internet where everything we've said is recorded forever in the past few pages of this thread. You don't need to ask us what we're talking about, you can just go read it for yourself.

Also, I just realized your initials are UH which makes me chortle.

Top Bottom