• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi Deva, welcome back :b:

Edit, the Wii U stages have a bad habit of dropping the floor from under you. I recommend practicing each before attempting all-star mode, lol. This game will take forever to learn. I'll be glad when I can use GC controllers.

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Got some FG matches in on the Wii-u version, and the netcode is pretty solid. A couple times on really distant opponents it'll stutter and drop inputs for like .5 seconds, but it's still fairly smooth afterwards. Stage builder is pretty neat, built myself 10 neutral stages all favoring Link's attack patterns.
Ran into a lot of people who SD on their second stock when my percent is below 50%, that's kind of a hype killer, but whatevs...
Didn't save any matches, I'd rather save 3 stock matches with Friends I know will be a better match, despite finding at least 1 decent player on FG. As usual, if anyone needs Replays recorded on youtube, just friend me and send it over. ^.^

No Z-airless bombdrops yet, so I guess we got full shafted on that trade. All in all though I'm definitely gonna be pumpin hours into this game for years to come.

Last edited:

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Well apparently the Best Buy I pre-ordered from didn't have a midnight release, so I'm going to have to wait till after work today to go retrieve it. Wait. Every. Agonizing. Hour.

Was hoping to catch someone streaming, but by the time I reached VGBootCamp's Twitch, they were just about done for now. Anyone else showing any matches or whatnot?

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Eh, I won't be getting my copy of Sm4sh 'till the holidays. It'll be a painful wait, unless I can find a way to get it otherwise, and I plan on getting the GameCube controller bundle. You guys have me so jelly right now. I'm stuck with the lame 3DS version lol.

In the meantime, I've added @ Zane the pure Zane the pure , @ Elessar Elessar , and @ Ryu_Ken Ryu_Ken in preperation. Thought I'd start adding fellow Link mains to train and speak with (which is awesome, thank you Nintendo). Speaking of, it's great to hear how good the netcode is. Lag definitely won't be an issue since my Wii U is always sitting right next to the router lol.

Last edited:

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Can we just talk about how stunning this game looks? Holy cow Smash Wii U looks good. So it's a good thing picked up my pre-order during my lunch break. I managed to snag the last adapter they had in stock. And then the guy tried to sell me the Prima guide for 20% off with the game.
What I wanted to say: I have no need for your petty "guide" book.
What I actually said: No thanks

Also, aaaawwwww yiss, Deva's back. :grin:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
We've been doing that for quite a while now. Have to think of a new one for tomorrow though...
'Please heal my soul'? Maybe something to do with the Song of Healing, I don't know

So what is up with the c-stick?
What do you mean?

They done ****ed up, that's what. http://smashboards.com/threads/update-aerial-c-stick-issues-workaround.378889/

What is with the trend in recent years where people release games that straight up don't work properly?

Also, Australia is the worst country XD. We've got to wait till the 29th. By then I hope this nonsense gets sorted out.
At least we get the New 3ds very soon. :laugh:. Though I still have no money to get it:urg:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I'm gonna really practice my Link in preparation for SmashWiiU. So hyped for it! I've used C-Stick for tilts and aerials only, so this is gonna really help my Link meta improve.
@ DarkDeity15 DarkDeity15 Thanks. I've added you back.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Edit ^you can't Fsmash with a bomb in hand without the C-stick set to smash iirc.

I might not play much until I get the GC controller (GCC) adapter. I don't want to unlearn GCC and learn Pro Controllers then in a few days unlearn the Pro and re-learn GCC :psycho:

The AI is disappointing but hopefully it will improve. Even with stupid SDs from not knowing stages and bad inputs and not knowing the game in general, I'm usually beating the lv9 CPUs.

BTW if you guys have any suggestions for a new threat title relating to SSB4 launching in Europe and Australia, I'm open to them. I'm trying to make the title Zelda game themed.

Last edited:

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Guys, forgive me but, I played some Smash4 today on the WiiU and... I just became saddened. I felt like I was playing Brawl again. Don't get me wrong, Brawl (Smash4) is fun in it's own way, but there is no way I could ever see myself playing past the level of casual. I can't help it guys. P:M and 64 won me over.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Guys, forgive me but, I played some Smash4 today on the WiiU and... I just became saddened. I felt like I was playing Brawl again. Don't get me wrong, Brawl (Smash4) is fun in it's own way, but there is no way I could ever see myself playing past the level of casual. I can't help it guys. P:M and 64 won me over.
To each his own. It was modeled after Brawl and is very similar. I think it will be much better balanced though :/

SHAWDY

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShawdyLink
Hey guys. Some of you know me, some of you don't. For those that don't I am a allisbrawl wifi warrior Link main since 2009. In South Florida (not that it matters). Anyways, I would like to really contribute this time to the Link boards.

I would really like to get a community combo video out shortly after Apex. How I would to contribute it to create a Skype group where we can all chime in throughout the day without always relying on the smashboards for communication. We can do group calls with one another and test stuff out in the lab and whatnot. Maybe even have some fun Link doubles for ****s and giggles. Anyways I will be adding as many people as I can to this group chat.

We can also post clips to one another for a future combo video, without sending it to smashboards first and waiting for everyone to check the forums. Anything that will help make the Link mastery go by faster for us Link mains.

If you are interested please add my skype @ daniel61394. Please let me know who you are by just simply telling me you are from the smash boards and would like to join the group. I hope to hear from you guys soon my Link brothers.

NOTICE: PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO ALL LINK PLAYERS ABOUT THIS! THANK YOU!

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Have you played brawl recently? Because I have (my kid made me) and the difference in gameplay between smash 3ds and brawl is huge. And between smash wii u and brawl it's so big, it might as well be almost two different games. Now, Smash Wii U has its issues, granted, but its way faster than brawl and the physics are better all around. Also, it (still at least) feels quite balanced, and that is priceless. Sadly I see that the community still has the little disease of Brawl of thinking that tiers are game deciding and that some chars are inherently bad. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore. There are better and worse chars, but no truly "bad" char this time around, and that in my book will always make it better than Brawl and Melee. I just hate unbalance, and I hate a game being to unbalanced that your char becomes non tourney viable.

And with that in mind:

Link is still not an especially good character but is much less hopeless than before. @Meno my interpretation of Link is very much based on the fact that he hasn't improved much from past Smash games, really. He's still the same character. There are changes to the way the game works that make him better and he did receive some improvements, but I still don't think he's magically improved to the point that he has a 6-4 match-up against any top tier character. It's not reasonable. So far.

I guess @Gheb_01 will probably still think I'm being too optimistic, but I still kinda think the lower tier characters are less hopeless than Brawl's for the simple fact that the primary ways low tier characters suck balls have all been softened in some way. That's not to say there won't be low tiers or that top tiers won't create problems for them but I think we're looking at more of an SF4 level of balance than a Brawl or Melee level of balance. Low tiers in past smash games did **** damage, had no safe approach or zoning tools, had terrible recovery, bad hitboxes, got 0-deathed by other better characters, and combinations of all of these. The problem with Brawl low tiers is that they couldn't really even fight a lot of the time because they were so overwhelmed by various bull****. So far it's safe to say that the low tiers in Smash 4 don't really have to worry about all of these things working against them at the same time. So far.

Established top level players are always going to play top tiers because every edge helps and having more options is just more fun. In a few months, Gheb will have results that confirm this bias and we'll all go on talking about how terrible Link and Samus are when the only people really using those characters are online casuals and mid-level players who probably wouldn't place much better if they were using someone else. Meanwhile all the good players will play better characters and they'll win a lot and make the rest of them look worse than they are. But that doesn't mean they're Brawl bad, the environment for them to be that level of garbage just doesn't exist anymore. So far.
From here. Discuss.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
^That guy, or some of the ZSS tier list discussion panel, also thought in Brawl Link looses to ZSS as bad as he looses to Falco. Many top tier players had never even played the Link vs __________ MU in Brawl. Really, they said that.
"Established top level players are always going to play top tiers because every edge helps and having more options is just more fun. In a few months, Gheb will have results that confirm this bias and we'll all go on talking about how terrible Link and Samus are when the only people really using those characters are online casuals and mid-level players who probably wouldn't place much better if they were using someone else."
This jerk's a low tier hater. Top players like Mr.R use Link
http://smashboards.com/threads/le-l...augh-lounge-♪-。.254551/page-165#post-16295413

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Scrub...get into skype, let's chat with Blubba and Deva.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
BTW if you guys have any suggestions for a new threat title relating to SSB4 launching in Europe and Australia, I'm open to them. I'm trying to make the title Zelda game themed.
"The flow of time is always cruel"

SHAWDY

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShawdyLink
Kind of mentioned the whole sype thing last night, but I guess nobody read that. let's create a skype group for all the Link players so we can have an active group chat throughout the day. Add me @ daniel61394 so I can add everyone and create this group soon.

FSK

Smash Ace
Any Link mains at KTAR?

Theres one called BrimeZ.

He met Wizzrobe and thats really difficult to handle. He didn't seem very metagame updated either :(

Last edited:

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Top Bottom