• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Normally I'd applaud someone for standing up for characters they like, and I had in the past, but Shin's photobucket is a deep, dark, dank, cesspool of apathy for decency and loathing for human life that I would prefer not to tread again.
Eesh. Sounds like my existential crisis. Right, let's not go there, then.

Moe's a weakness of mine, too, really. (Just look to my avatar for evidence, haha.) But it turns out she's also godly with her tome. BBBBYY -> immediately dash cancel and chase -> Y -> Bokoblin explosion. It's niiiice.

And friggin' A, I love those Deku Tree Sprouts that pop up with some of her spear attacks.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I like Lana, bubbly cheerful characters are the grape jelly on my grim determination sandwich that make the thing bearable. Link and Ganondorf are the Milk/Chocolate Milk that help me wash it all down. Plus I've got a weak spot for cute girls >.>
OMG! That soooo cutesy I don't even have to stick my finger in my throat tonight to help keep my figure! Thank you! <3

/jk. Sorry I think I went too far :/

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Nah, I can totally get why people don't like anime/moe/cutesy things, different strokes man.
I just remember watching yovideogames post a "super kawaii desu" trailer for her ending with "goddamit japan" and laughing till I cried.

It might have something to do with me looking like an anime character already, but I've loved Japanese animation ever since my Dad showed me Battle of the Planets (later known as G-force(known in japan as Science Ninja team Gatchaman)) as a wee sprout, and my first full anime was Martian Successor Nadesico which spouted a fairly longlived obsession with sleek mech-suits wielding laser swords and... Anyways, live and let live I always say.

Que Shin posting some abomination of inhumanity to silence my pitiful nonpartisan weaksauce.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Rewatching Death:Note and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, planning to rewatch Watamote.
Finished Log Horizon S1 and Yuru Yuri not long ago, still waiting for D.Grayman to finish... and looking forward to more videogame adaptations.

Loved Nabari No Ou, Haruhi Suzumiya, Angel Beats, Clannad, DBZ, Persona 4, Devil is a part timer, serial experiments lain, cowboy bebop, FMA '03, this list could go on for a long time... I've loved pretty much every anime I've seen thus far.

#weeaboo badge earned?

Demacrez

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Demacrez
3DS FC
3583-0929-3994
I'd list mine but it changes with the seasons, literally. I'm paying for the most recent of anime so it's always changing.

But my favorites thus far are: Haruhi Suzumiya, The Pilot's Love Song, Kill La Kill, & Yuki Yuna is a Hero just to name a few.

Lana was too focused on in HW, and just generally unpleasant, she felt like a Sue. "She's so special, look at her! So competent! Even saves Link's ass in the story! So badass, you all love her, right?"

Edit: That's two of three of today's spam threads locked, at least.

Edit 2: Hong is doing work, that's three spam threads shut down with extreme prejudice. I'm not even mad I was infracted.

Last edited:
Some fun times you folks have around here, eh?
It's essentially a non stop party, but instead of music and dancing we rub poison ivy on the host's bed sheets. Welcome to the Link Boards. Stay out of my shed.

Thanks for closing those threads, try not to take it too personal when someone here inevitably has at you. It's how we say 'Hello'.

Hong

The Strongest
It's essentially a non stop party, but instead of music and dancing we rub poison ivy on the host's bed sheets. Welcome to the Link Boards. Stay out of my shed.

Thanks for closing those threads, try not to take it too personal when someone here inevitably has at you. It's how we say 'Hello'.
My BFF @ Elessar Elessar will protect me.

In any event, if you need any moderator assistance and @Scabe is not around, you are free to bug me if I'm around and I'll see what I can do. :)

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
My BFF @ Elessar Elessar will protect me.

In any event, if you need any moderator assistance and @Scabe is not around, you are free to bug me if I'm around and I'll see what I can do. :)
We really know how to make a board run smoothly, lots of practice.

Our community is self moderating, or at least as much as we can without any mods around. I'll give you a crash course in Link boards culture if you're interested. I was actually going to write a monologue about it in Disco, but I see you've made it here before I finished.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ Hong okay.
Lana was too focused on in HW, and just generally unpleasant, she felt like a Sue. "She's so special, look at her! So competent! Even saves Link's *** in the story! So badass, you all love her, right?"
Yeah, that part of the "story" bugged me too. The ****ing Triforce that can grant any wish is easier to transfer than control of the senate ebola if you believe the media a die hard Falco main after seeing him in SSB4 a joke featured in Family Guy.

Last edited:

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
We talking about anime here? I ****in' love anime! What's the most recent everyone has been watching?
Questions like these make me feel happy. They also make me feel sad when they remind me of how friggin' huge my backlog is...

My most recent watch was a few eps of Denki-Gai and Sword Art Online. Sadly, I have Log Horizon on hiatus, and there's absolutely no excuse for me to procrastinate watching D.Gray-man.

And that's without mentioning my Steam library and the fact that I have an unopened Death Note and 999 cases on my coffee table...

There's so much weabooery in here right now that it's actually making it hard for me to breathe. I think I might choke on one of those ****ing waifu pillows if I inhale too hard.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
There's so much weabooery in here right now that it's actually making it hard for me to breathe. I think I might choke on one of those ****ing waifu pillows if I inhale too hard.
You mean the ones with three holes in them? Let's set them on fire first. It's only just.

FSK

Smash Ace
Gonna stop playing FG and focus on anther's ladder instead. Tired of playing all those noobitos. Although I suppose I will sometimes return to FG to trashtalk them via tags, its hilarious when they respond.

Trioxin

Smash Rookie
Hey guys and gals, just wanted to stop by to introduce myself.

I'm a long time Super Street Fighter II Turbo junkie/mostly casual Smasher. I've lurked here for a long time, but just started posting recently. I'm a DeDeDe main, but based upon my results online/against friends, Link definitely should be my secondary. So I'm here to learn. I'm ready for a proper Hylian education!

Sincerely hope I get an opportunity to play you guys, and if you need any insight into the DeDeDe MU, I'll be glad to share what I know. Hope to see you guys around! :)

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Gonna stop playing FG and focus on anther's ladder instead. Tired of playing all those noobitos. Although I suppose I will sometimes return to FG to trashtalk them via tags, its hilarious when they respond.
What have you done FSK?! You can't just change your avatar like that!

Shinuto

Smash Champion
NNID
Shinuto
3DS FC
4682-8633-0978
I am a Wii Fit Trainer in need of a decent Link player for me to fight so I can get better at this matchup, as I hate fighting him in for glory. NNID is Shinuto

Omg...this is why i shouldnt post early in the morning...I just keep making mistakes.

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
First anime I finished watching was Fruits Basket. Pretty short compared to the manga, but still frickin funny. Kyo will always be my fav.

Meow. :3

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I'm a DeDeDe main, but based upon my results online/against friends, Link definitely should be my secondary.
You might become disappointed when you main Link based on results; the man's still no powerhouse. Know in your inmost heart that he is right for you, and all shall fall into place.

Vonzar the Soulrender

4th Dimensional Horror
I am a Wii Fit Trainer in need of a decent Link player for me to fight so I can get better at this matchup, as I hate fighting him in for glory. NNID is Shinuto

Omg...this is why i shouldnt post early in the morning...I just keep making mistakes.
I'm definitely willing to help you out when I have some time. I'll add you when I get home.

I'm a long time Super Street Fighter II Turbo junkie/mostly casual Smasher. I've lurked here for a long time, but just started posting recently. I'm a DeDeDe main, but based upon my results online/against friends, Link definitely should be my secondary. So I'm here to learn. I'm ready for a proper Hylian education!

Sincerely hope I get an opportunity to play you guys, and if you need any insight into the DeDeDe MU, I'll be glad to share what I know. Hope to see you guys around! :)
Wow it's great that you decided to jump on the bandwagon now that Link isn't absolute bottom tier. How noble of you. You'll definitely get some good training on this board, just try not to be too much of a tier ***** while you're here.

Welcome to the Water Temple.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
All the likes that I gave out today while reading the last two pages of this thread is an indication that I need to lurk here more. Least you guys are less depressing than the Zelda boards, as much as I love them.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
All the likes that I gave out today while reading the last two pages of this thread is an indication that I need to lurk here more. Least you guys are less depressing than the Zelda boards, as much as I love them.
You are more than welcome to Lurk Mocha, and even more to be active. As Zelda main through and through you'll always have a place in the Link Boards, just as in our xat/chat.

Hope to see you posting more.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
You are more than welcome to Lurk Mocha, and even more to be active. As Zelda main through and through you'll always have a place in the Link Boards, just as in our xat/chat.

Hope to see you posting more.

You're very kind, El. Appreciate it. I like this thread cause you guys are all chill. And humor is nice to come by in these dark, low-tier times

Oh and speaking of Hyrule Warriors, have you guys tried Sheik? Like for awhile, I mean. The Serenade of Water song is amazing. You basically absorb damage, I believe at least 4 hearts of damage iirc (which makes for really good A rank runs on the damage taken portion), and then once the water shield breaks, you can just play the song again.

I honestly wish Zelda had the harp instead of Sheik lol

Last edited:
First anime I finished watching was Fruits Basket. Pretty short compared to the manga, but still frickin funny. Kyo will always be my fav.

Meow. :3
I had to watch that **** heap with my ex submissive. It was horrible. I legitimately hated every character.

Hope you have thick skin, it's mandatory here. Welcome to the Link Boards.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515

You're very kind, El. Appreciate it. I like this thread cause you guys are all chill. And humor is nice to come by in these dark, low-tier times

Oh and speaking of Hyrule Warriors, have you guys tried Sheik? Like for awhile, I mean. The Serenade of Water song is amazing. You basically absorb damage, I believe at least 4 hearts of damage iirc (which makes for really good A rank runs on the damage taken portion), and then once the water shield breaks, you can just play the song again.

I honestly wish Zelda had the harp instead of Sheik lol
I actually mained Sheik in HW until I unlocked Zelda. Now I main Zelda in it. I live everything about her in that game, her powers, design, fighting style, etc.

What tier do you guys think Link belongs in?
This has probably been asked a million times
Link is the tier wrecker, as always. He's freaking Link.

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
What tier do you guys think Link belongs in?
This has probably been asked a million times
In the most recent tier list, he's been dumped in the E tier. Not sure why. I personally think he deserves be in S tier, because I main him. :awesome:
We need to wait for the meta game to evolve more before an official tier list comes out, but I can see him moving into the top 15 characters.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
I actually mained Sheik in HW until I unlocked Zelda. Now I main Zelda in it. I live everything about her in that game, her powers, design, fighting style, etc.

Link is the tier wrecker, as always. He's freaking Link.
Aren't we supposed to be getting that Twilight Princess costume DLC pack sometime this month (if we haven't already lol). Oh and what do you guys think of Twili Midna being playable, or rather, how you feel about her move-set?

As for Zelda in Hyrule Warriors, definitely like the Rapier the most so far. The Baton/Windwaker feels a bit slow... I'm not really sure how to use it properly yet. And I recently got the Dominion Rod, which seems kinda gimmicky but fun. Where the hell did Zelda get a Dominion Rod anyway? Thought that was Link's stuff. Oh wait, she stole Din's Fire, Nayru's Love, and Farore's Wind anyway for Smash :p

Speaking of Smash, how are tourney results faring for Link so far? I've been hoping to catch some vids. Nairo had some for Zelda from a couple of tournies, and I thought, "Well, if Zelda is getting a little rep, surely Link is."

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
Speaking of Smash, how are tourney results faring for Link so far? I've been hoping to catch some vids. Nairo had some for Zelda from a couple of tournies, and I thought, "Well, if Zelda is getting a little rep, surely Link is."
A guy from our boards placed second in a 70 man tourney using Link. That's pretty sweet.

People are sleeping on Link. He's not amazing, in my opinion, but he only has a few truly terrible match ups, unlike Brawl where a single grab often meant a stock.

I expect him to be low-mid, but I'm not honestly sure which characters would go below him. I'm somewhat stuck in my Brawl mind set where every character had some stupid advantage we needed to overcome.

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I need to make my old quote my sig. Every time someone brings up le ol "Brawl habits," it comes back and slaps in the back of my head. Literally.

Top Bottom