• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

ama99

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1LrMqURuw
It tiptoes around the obvious plot of Batman vs Superman (hence the title) but doesn't really show anything cool. Here's Superman: he's here! He's floating and not doing much else. Here's batman, yes he's here too! ...And he's not really doing anything cool besides standing there. Oh look they're going to fight for some unexplained reason! Derp.
Let's not forget about the CGI, ugh Zach Snyder please.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I like Izaw's Gameplay. You can take his tricks or not. You all don't need to be so offensive just because you don't agree with someone or something.

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
I like Izaw's Gameplay. You can take his tricks or not. You all don't need to be so offensive just because you don't agree with someone or something.
You enjoy watching overhyped matches of Izaw beating an underperforming Falcon?

k

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
Yes I do... I do enjoy it, and I use some mix ups to be a little more offensive in my own gameplay.
Everybody have the right to see what they like and they are not stupid... Even then, Izaw is not stupid, just his gameplay is not good to USA metagame.
Maybe he is bad, but he is a Link main, he doesn't deserve your stupid hate.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I have to say I agree. I may not like some of his marketing tactics but I do enjoy watching him. I know my Link can't perform half as well as his can so why should look down on his playing? He may be in it for the hype and fame, but so are a lot of entertainers. Doesn't mean I can't be entertained.

Although, I still really, really enjoyed watching his Link get destroyed by Z1gma's Ganon.

EDIT: Just in case anyone missed it.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
My my my, @ Drigo Toes Drigo Toes , you turned out to be quite the Izawmbie, didn't you? I mean, to not only jump at the chance to defend his mightiness Izaw, but also by aggressively offending people who never attacked you nor said anything disrespectful towards you. You're being quite the fanboy.

It is both amusing and disappointing.

MintyGuy700

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MintyGuy700
3DS FC
0044-4078-1187
Yes I do... I do enjoy it, and I use some mix ups to be a little more offensive in my own gameplay.
Everybody have the right to see what they like and they are not stupid... Even then, Izaw is not stupid, just his gameplay is not good to USA metagame.
Except, Izaw has tricked people into thinking "his" techs were applicable in battle, played a few matches, slapped a big "Money Match" on it, and watched his views rise. He claimed certain techs to be his own, uses tactics that work on scrubs, and puts them in videos as a "Look at how good I am with Link! Gimme your money." it's these things that warrant my "hatered" towards him. (Which isn't as much hatred as exposing him for who he really is.)

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
The guy isn't good and has an ego so big he posted 'the art of Sheik by Izaw (yes he included 'by Izaw' in the title) as 3 separate threads including one in the Link boards. He spawns Wifi Link scrubs like Change/ of . somthing or other who spam crud about Link being top tier without knowing anything about competitive play- why Link was nerfed in the last patch.
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-sheik-guide-art-of-sheik-by-izaw.383240/

I wouldn't mind him if he didn't act like he's better than everyone, followed the rules and contributed.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
The guy isn't good and has an ego so big he posted 'the art of Sheik by Izaw (yes he included 'by Izaw' in the title) as 3 separate threads including one in the Link boards. He spawns Wifi Link scrubs like Change/ of . somthing or other who spam crud about Link being top tier without knowing anything about competitive play- why Link was nerfed in the last patch.
http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-sheik-guide-art-of-sheik-by-izaw.383240/

I wouldn't mind him if he didn't act like he's better than everyone, followed the rules and contributed.
What? He posted his Sheik guide here? I don't even...

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Looks like I have missed some Izaw talk. No biggy. I really don't watch his stuff. I always forget to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1LrMqURuw
It tiptoes around the obvious plot of Batman vs Superman (hence the title) but doesn't really show anything cool. Here's Superman: he's here! He's floating and not doing much else. Here's batman, yes he's here too! ...And he's not really doing anything cool besides standing there. Oh look they're going to fight for some unexplained reason! Derp.
*watches trailer*

hm. well, it's alright, I guess. Though there have been better trailers. And you are right about it give absolutely no clues to the plot.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
My my my, @ Drigo Toes Drigo Toes , you turned out to be quite the Izawmbie, didn't you? I mean, to not only jump at the chance to defend his mightiness Izaw, but also by aggressively offending people who never attacked you nor said anything disrespectful towards you. You're being quite the fanboy.

It is both amusing and disappointing.
Error 1.- I am a follower of Izaw in Youtube., therefore, I was said stupid.

Error 2 I HATE any type of insults to anyone. In particular, the ones proffered by all of you. You are, I think, adults. I expected madurity by my fellows Link mains.

I like Izaw, but I like kirinblaze, Deva, and a big etc of good Link players and I don't need to be an asshole with others just because I don't agree with them.
I am disappointing in my own to the hate. I don't like hate and I won't like it never.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Error 1.- I am a follower of Izaw in Youtube., therefore, I was said stupid.

Error 2 I HATE any type of insults to anyone. In particular, the ones proffered by all of you. You are, I think, adults. I expected madurity by my fellows Link mains.

I like Izaw, but I like kirinblaze, Deva, and a big etc of good Link players and I don't need to be an ******* with others just because I don't agree with them.
I am disappointing in my own to the hate. I don't like hate and I won't like it never.
So your reaction to hating hate is to shed more hate? You hate insults so you insult? Looks like you got a thing or two to learn from @Zane the pure.

Maturity and offending people are not mutually exclusive. You, being a grown up/adult, should already know that. Besides, no one actually offended nor insulted Izaw. Unless you consider the mere act of saying that he's not a that good a player an insult.

Rizen

Smash Legend
He indirectly caused a lot of trouble for the competitive Link metagame. Bad players would flock in saying 'Link is high tier' and then competitive players would think 'Izaw's a good Link but he gets beaten easily so ______ high tier wins vs Link +/-4'. I was in a Brawl MU discussion in the back room and ZSS players literally said (Brawl) Link looses to ZSS worse than he looses to Falco (any competitive Link Brawl player knows how stupid this is). All the good results and Link players were ignored. Link wasn't good, 4th or 5th worst in Brawl I agree with) but he didn't loose to all high tiers -4. I did my share of live tourneys and so did most of the Link players but no one gave a damn. It's hard enough to get respect for a low tier player without a bunch of scrubs ranting about Link being high tier and bringing up Izaw vs Haze.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Hey guys. Would it be a good idea for me to watch any of Izaw videos or are there better videos and players?

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
So your reaction to hating hate is to shed more hate? You hate insults so you insult? Looks like you got a thing or two to learn from @Zane the pure.

Maturity and offending people are not mutually exclusive. You, being a grown up/adult, should already know that. Besides, no one actually offended nor insulted Izaw. Unless you consider the mere act of saying that he's not a that good a player an insult.
I hate the Haters. It is a type of weird philosophy indeed, but I just can't stand with it.

I was called stupid, and others 665 were too. I didn't say anything before because no insult was made.
Izaw is bad for metagame? Surely
Izaw has a big ego? Sure. Me too and others.
The followers of Izaw are stupid? Hell no!

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Hey guys. Would it be a good idea for me to watch any of Izaw videos or are there better videos and players?
It won't hurt to watch his stuff as long as you watch his videos with a grain of salt.

Rizen

Smash Legend
If you don't find these things conflicting I don't know what to say. Anyway when I said his followers were stupid I had players like Ch///an//ge of/ He....ar///t in mind and didn't know anyone here followed him.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I hate the Haters. It is a type of weird philosophy indeed, but I just can't stand with it.

I was called stupid, and others 665 were too. I didn't say anything before because no insult was made.
I am also subscribed to Izaw's channel from when I first joined the boards. However I didn't take that off comment personally because why would I? So, my question for you now is, why did you? Cola de paja much?

Finally, Izaw's gameplay is bad everywhere,not just the US Metagame. There is a reason why he has never won a tourney in EU nor even placed with Link during Brawl. Overhyped friendlies are as bad as FG matches. Tourney results are all that matter, not how many times you beat your buddy in friendlies.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
If you don't find these things conflicting I don't know what to say. Anyway when I said his followers were stupid I had players like Ch///an//ge of/ He....ar///t in mind and didn't know anyone here followed him.
Then you said I, follower in youtube, am stupid just because of it? And if not, this is conflictive?
Look, I know that any of you like izaw. That is OK. Maybe so much of you hate izaw. That is not in my vision, specially because this is a game, a thing to enjoy and have a good time. No one is simply stupid just because follow a YouTube channel.
It is stupid defend Link highness just because Izaw videos, but these people are below their own responsibility to think in that way. It is not fault of all Izaw follower in YouTube.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Then you said I, follower in youtube, am stupid just because of it? And if not, this is conflictive?
Look, I know that any of you like izaw. That is OK. Maybe so much of you hate izaw. That is not in my vision, specially because this is a game, a thing to enjoy and have a good time. No one is simply stupid just because follow a YouTube channel.
It is stupid defend Link highness just because Izaw videos, but these people are below their own responsibility to think in that way. It is not fault of all Izaw follower in YouTube.
I don't think you understand... Rizen just said that that he had a specific person in mind when he said his followers were stupid.

Oh, sort of like reading just on Wikipedia?
Pretty much, yeah xD

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Keep in mind Link got nerfed because FG scrubs and Link being hyped as top 10 by people who have no idea how competitive smash goes.

Drigo Toes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrigoToesSato
I am also subscribed to Izaw's channel from when I first joined the boards. However I didn't take that off comment personally because why would I? So, my question for you now is, why did you? Cola de paja much?

Finally, Izaw's gameplay is bad everywhere,not just the US Metagame. There is a reason why he has never won a tourney in EU nor even placed with Link during Brawl. Overhyped friendlies are as bad as FG matches. Tourney results are all that matter, not how many times you beat your buddy in friendlies.
WTF is cola de paja? In Chile we don't use that term xd.
I know Izaw is bad for good metagame places. In Sweden is enough, surely in my country would be.
I just don't like anybody to be called stupid or similar for some random reason.

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
WTF is cola de paja? In Chile we don't use that term xd.
I know Izaw is bad for good metagame places. In Sweden is enough, surely in my country would be.
I just don't like anybody to be called stupid or similar for some random reason.
Let me think how to explain cola de paja. The English equivalent is "if the shoe fits". It's a phrase used when you take issue with something said in a general way but not specifically usually because you have a chip on your shoulder, or you are "acomplejado" about something.

Also, lol Izaw isn't even top in Sweden. Nor was he during Brawl. That's what people don't get. He never places in tourneys, and when he does play vs competent players or in tourneys his gameplay is so different from. The one he like to hype ip in his channel. Just go out and look for tourney matches of Izaw and you won't find them. And even if you do, you'll see he doesn't play "like izaw" at all.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Izaw's not a bad player and has a lot of techskill. He also has some informative videos. It's really the ego thing and that Izaw is more flash than substance; sure he'll pull off some fancy combo, but it either doesn't realistically work, it only works because subpar competition doesn't know what to do in response, or he's fishing for it which usually is worse off than just playing good, solid, smart fundamentals. That, and the fact that people see Izaw and then try to learn fancy, clunky, situational ATs to better themselves rather than learning to play smart and play good fundamentals. The former is how you get a reaction on Youtube videos; the latter is how you get a reaction from a crowd of tourney goers.

I had people going nuts watching me play a good D3 at my latest tourney (he ended up getting 3rd place, I took 2nd). Know what fancy tricks I did that had them all coming over to watch? Nothing. I'd figured him out and was walling him off. He couldn't touch me. All I did was read him well and use simple moves to counter his, no flashy combos. I don't think he hit me with a single Gordo after I hit 80% or so on my first stock, and I reflected 3/4 of them back at him. Don't get me wrong, I think I've got a good bit of techskill myself, but techskill and ATs supplement your fundamentals and how smart you play, not the other way around. Izaw has it the other way around. This is why lots of Links aren't huge Izaw fans.

ArdeS

Smash Journeyman
Funny enough, I just stumbled upon Izaw's "The Art of Link" for Sm4sh a couple of days ago for the first time. I enjoyed the video and it was very informative. I took a few things from it. Am I going to follow everything on point and try to master every technique performed? No, but I think I can improve based on some of the points shown.

Basically what I'm trying to say is we can all learn something here; from Izaw, from vets and newcomers; everyone here. You can dislike the way Izaw goes about the things he does, but don't let that stop you from keeping an open mind and learning. In the end, that's why we're all here - to play Smash and represent our boy Link!

incrediblej

Smash Apprentice
Hey as long as I get the combos of Hyrule Warriors, you would see no complaints from me. Combined with the HW Link alt costume... *grabby hands*

In other news, I believe a Gay main has found his way onto our boards.
Lemme give you a hint. uthrow goes straight up, dthrow doesn't. And why do you say 'before 1.0.6'? Are they DI-ing away now?
practice is a wonderful thingJab1 canceling wasn't useless. It was far from useless. Unless you're talking about our dtilt being nerfed - which I doubt because your whole post screamed of ignorance, I have no idea what you're talking about.

"Nintendo" (read, Sakurai) doesn't know any ATs about characters unless its brought to their attention. The only reason that link's jab cancel was removed, is because the great people who run game balancing saw this video (that now nearly has 100,000 views - which is huge for any smash vid, especially an AT vid) and due to poor information gathering and even less thinking (they should have only removed jab1->jab1 "infinite" instead of removing jab entirely), they removed the tech.

All ATs that will ever be removed, will be found by someone who doesn't work for Nintendo.

I'm trying to quote part of your last sentence here but it's such a fragmented run-on- ughThat's... actually not that bad of an idea, actually. But it will never happen. They'll keep on running balances based on matches that are reported to them by salty scrubs.
If your talking about me for gay main, yes I use gay

Btw if anyone wants to know I'm a mediocre smash player, probably because I can only play on FG, Because I can't go to tournaments

But when I was talking about nerfs I didn't mean link I meant the whole roster I feel like Nintendo over shoots the target diddy being the biggest over shoot since meta and oli from brawl and greninja. All they need to Change was the KB of up air but they changed like 4/5 of his moves and now he's not even top 10 anymore or possibly for now

And I just checked the cpu's DI on throws they don't DI still it'd be nice if they made lvl 10 cpu where it plays like a competitive player

Anyways i am sorry if I came off as ignorant.

@Camalange I'm pretty sure I know the anime your profile pic is from well the plot not the name

@Zane the pure I can't wait for the sly cooper movie either well at least the ratchet and clank movie is coming out next month we just need a jak and daxter movie

Btw which bats vs. Supes comic is the movie based off, or is it just a new one

@ Huggles828 Huggles828 I dislike fighting D3 because his jab locks you in and you you can't DI the first 2 hits and then your just screwed for the rest of the combo

I think the events hub tier list is part of the reason for FG scrubs and Izawmbies(no I don't mean all viewers subscribers etc. of Izaw) for thinking link is top 10 because they most likely don't know how they do the tier list on there

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
diddy is almost certainly top 10, still top 5 probably.
he has other options than hoo hah.
his neutral is still strong and he still has Dthrow and now Uthrow comboes.

it is all but impossible atm to make a CPU that plays like a real person

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ ArdeS ArdeS you're right but it doesn't change the bad things either.
I think people who were there when C/oH was spamming have a better idea of what I'm saying. I wasn't trying to step on anyone's toes here.

FSK

Smash Ace
But when I was talking about nerfs I didn't mean link I meant the whole roster I feel like Nintendo over shoots the target diddy being the biggest over shoot since meta and oli from brawl and greninja. All they need to Change was the KB of up air but they changed like 4/5 of his moves and now he's not even top 10 anymore or possibly for now
I guarantee you, Diddy is still top 3 in this game. His neutral game is still amazing, he just has to work a bit more for the KO like Sheik.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Just curious, what would you guys say the Link/WFT MU is?
IMO WFT can juggle Link pretty well with Nair (iirc) and has decent weight and kill power. Link can wall her though. Maybe 0 even? It's hard to kill her without jab 1 cancels now.

Edit: I found an old NES LoZ quote for the thread title.

Last edited:
Top Bottom