• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Link checked the thread. Wow! This is a nice thread!

Hyrule Hero

Smash Rookie
For those wondering why Scizor was not at Super Smash Sundays 31: The Revival, he was in Texas with Master Zenyou and others for City of Low Tiers 3. Here's the top he top 48 bracket. The competition was hard, Scizor and Hyrule Hero were both third seed in their pool so sadly their bracket wasn't what it could have been, but I hope they had a good time. They placed a very respectable 33rd (Scizor) and 25th (Hyrule Hero) out of 138 or so.
I had an amazing time but I feel like I've learned a lot and I'm going to start training hardcore. If a low tier city 4 comes out, I'm going to top 8!

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
BAHAHA!
Hello Links.
How are the Kiddies doing?
Well it's a game for kids, you figure it out... though, do kids even like Link these days?? ummmh...

It's like a damned daycare sometimes, I've frequently considered poisoning the mid-day macaroni, but so far have managed to abstain.
I assume you have a really good reason for not doing this. Perhaps you're being too much of a good uncle, Shin.

Well it's a game for kids, you figure it out... though, do kids even like Link these days?? ummmh...

I assume you have a really good reason for not doing this. Perhaps you're being too much of a good uncle, Shin.
At least I recognize some of the faces around here. Mostly at the moment my reasoning is simple; all of the fun poisons are either expensive, or obvious.

Bleach is a great one. Nothing like the chemical burns, delirium, and crystals in your kidneys that make it feel like you're pissing glass. It also smells like bleach. Most children find such a thing unpalatable. Most. I guess it would be a good way to sift out any potential Darwin Award winners.

Just biding your time for more creative "solutions" I'd assume?
Creative is easy, practical is hard.

Lozjam

Smash Champion
It's like a damned daycare sometimes, I've frequently considered poisoning the mid-day macaroni, but so far have managed to abstain.
That's no fun!
This board needs a good cleansing. I know some great untraceable poisons however.

This is a website for adults however. You figure this out. This site is for the competitive smash community. In order for this to happen and to compete, you need to master your cognitive functions and hand eye coordination. The quality of posts here doesn't show those traits. These kids aren't even making an attempt to sharpen those traits. So figure that one out.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
That's no fun!
This board needs a good cleansing. I know some great untraceable poisons however.
Might I suggest iocane powder? I hear it's odorless, tasteless, and very water soluble.

Last edited:

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
I guess it would be a good way to sift out any potential Darwin Award winners.
Likely, the only way.

Let us cleanse these foul stree... I mean, boards.

The quality of posts here doesn't show those traits. These kids aren't even making an attempt to sharpen those traits.
Pretty much the reason why I took it as a rhetorical question heh. Kid these days, power to their so called High Tier Link The Destroyer.

Last edited:

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
Likely, the only way.

Let us cleanse these foul stree... I mean, boards.

Pretty much the reason why I took it as a rhetorical question heh. Kid these days, power to their so called High Tier Link The Destroyer.
If they can't handle the heat, they can get the hell out of the volcano.

Be_Mild

Livin' life on the mild side
NNID
BeMild
3DS FC
1676-4317-5374
Yes, it's doing Zair then fastfalling, and it sucks 'cause you're stuck with a lot of landing lag.
Ah that's a damn shame. It sounded reminiscent of getting our brawl zair back. It's easy to get swept up in such potential.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
If they can't handle the heat, they can get the hell out of the volcano.
Or we could throw them into the volcano. Cleansing by fire and that crap, it's always an option.

On another note, I never tried bombsliding until now, somehow the motion for that is pretty reminiscent to performing a DACUS, at least for me... still, it will take some time to really implement it on my gameplay, right now I am missing most of the mixup opportunities it provides. Videos on the metagame discussion gave me a good lead thou.

Last edited:

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
*sigh*

I'm going to be honest here guys.

I really don't find Link fun anymore.
Don't use him then. Use a character that suits you and keep Link as an Alt or something. For instance, I use Ike as a secondary since i enjoy his style and his game. Roy's kinda not my thing anymore even though i was hyped at first. And Charizard when I'm screwing around.

I enjoy Link for his character, since he's literally the only video game character that has been able to hold my complete interest throughout my life. The series as a whole is simply beautiful.

Still, I enjoy his playstyle in this game (even if it is flawed) and have used him extensively in every Smash to date. So maybe he just doesn't your interest playstyle-wise.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Don't use him then. Use a character that suits you and keep Link as an Alt or something. For instance, I use Ike as a secondary since i enjoy his style and his game. Roy's kinda not my thing anymore even though i was hyped at first. And Charizard when I'm screwing around.

I enjoy Link for his character, since he's literally the only video game character that has been able to hold my complete interest throughout my life. The series as a whole is simply beautiful.

Still, I enjoy his playstyle in this game (even if it is flawed) and have used him extensively in every Smash to date. So maybe he just doesn't your interest playstyle-wise.
Oh, I don't really play him, I play more Robin and Pit with some Sonic. See, the problem is, I want to play Link. His is one of the only play style that truly fits me. The problem is, I don't like how he feels. His too slow, to heavy and just so sluggish. And if you suggest going to Gay (which i'd imagine you wouldn't) he feels worse than Link. This really is why I just want Young Link back, even if he is a 1:1 version of Sm4sh Link's moves just quicker and weaker. In my head, it would be the perfect character.

A_Phoenix_Down

Banned via Warnings
Oh, I don't really play him, I play more Robin and Pit with some Sonic. See, the problem is, I want to play Link. His is one of the only play style that truly fits me. The problem is, I don't like how he feels. His too slow, to heavy and just so sluggish. And if you suggest going to Gay (which i'd imagine you wouldn't) he feels worse than Link. This really is why I just want Young Link back, even if he is a 1:1 version of Sm4sh Link's moves just quicker and weaker. In my head, it would be the perfect character.
See, on my side I love the fact that he's heavy. Link was never a fast character, even in his games (not counting Pegasus Boots since that's an item he acquires). He was always a Tanky kind of character who can take a pretty extensive beating and still keep going. That's how he is in Smash as well. Besides his problems, Sakurai did an incredible job with his take on Link. And he's not as slow once get good with him, trust me.

As for Young Link. I hate to break it to you but Toon Link is the closest you're ever going to have to "Young Link." Wind Waker alone was too much of a success to change even just the persona of Gay to Young Link in Smash.

And by the way, the Young Link you described just now is generally what Gay is.

Last edited:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
See, the problem is, I want to play Link. His is one of the only play style that truly fits me. The problem is, I don't like how he feels. His too slow, to heavy and just so sluggish.
When Brawl first came out, Wario was easily the most natural fit for me. His moveset and playstyle fit mine absolutely perfectly. My friend, who got me into the tourney scene in the first place, said if I stuck with Wario I had a chance to have success at tourneys if I praciticed with him. I decided I wanted to play a character I loved and chose Link instead (although I had a solid Wario and used him for Link's really bad MUs). He felt awkward for a pretty long time before I got used to his playstyle. It's totally different than other characters'. Playing Link properly has a really high learning curve. If you really want to play Link, you're going to have to commit to it and do work learning how to play him. You can't keep going back and forth with other characters or you'll never really get good with Link because he's quite different from the rest of the cast.

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
Hey man leave the yeehaws and mindless destruction to the Texan in the room bruh.

Arkivian is dead.
A quote from a man who was fluent Arkivian, and among all others titles a titan slayer.
I'm trying to stop your stupidity, learn common knowledge, then we'll talk. But you haven't shown it to me yet, you don't deserve help.
Bless you Aura, for yours was the true path of enlightenment.

Last edited:

Catana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Catanaa
You all need to stop being such whiny *******, grow some skin, and learn/listen to your elders and superiors who have played since brawl and therefore have more experience than any of you kids could ever have right now.
I'm rather amazed by how pathetic these boards have become because of all you thin-skinned FG scrubs doing nothing but crying, theorycrafting, and having silly small talk like a group of teenage girls.

What you need to do, and this goes to everyone who came to us since Smash4, is to STFU, learn, and do work. And just to make this clear, you are NOT helping or contributing to Link in any single way. You suck. Realize that.

*sigh*

I'm going to be honest here guys.

I really don't find Link fun anymore.
Kbye, nobody will miss you.

Last edited:

link7

Smash Lord
NNID
Kidlink77
3DS FC
2234-7140-8163
You all need to stop being such whiny *******, grow some skin, and learn/listen to your elders and superiors who have played since brawl and therefore have more experience than any of you kids could ever have right now.
I'm rather amazed by how pathetic these boards have become because of all you thin-skinned FG scrubs doing nothing but crying, theorycrafting, and having silly small talk like a group of teenage girls.

What you need to do, and this goes to everyone who came to us since Smash4, is to STFU, learn, and do work. And just to make this clear, you are NOT helping or contributing to Link in any single way. You suck. Realize that.
This is what I love about Cat. She can be so sassy sometimes. meYOW.

Top Bottom