• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link dittos

The_Eradicator

Smash Rookie
There are tips everywhere about fighting shiek and space animals with Link but as it turns out I have a pretty big problem consistently winning Link dittos. I was wondering if anyone had any insights or ideas regarding this problem

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
I used to have the same problem. Just use your projectiles wisely. Also don't also shield grab, and grab a lot.Only grab when your sure he can't stop dodge or get away.

The_Eradicator

Smash Rookie
I'll try that out by the way I watched a vid of you fighting a Captain Falcon you pulled out some good combos. to beat him. I appreciate the tip and am open to any more suggestion

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Yeah thanks for the advice. I dont really edgeaurd cause iam sick of it. My combo videos was 9 minutes of edgeuarding. Yeah I started to think using Link. Maybe you should think too. (well i know you think, but i mean predicting should i say lol) Example U throws on platforms so that you could punish your opponent with your U-Airs , something like that. Ummmm Using Rainbow Cruise as a counter pick <- lmao but its a good stage for Link sicne thiers so many platforms that you can rack up damage easily with the U-Airs and kills easily. My head just blackout lol. Thats all I have so far.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
There are tips everywhere about fighting shiek and space animals with Link but as it turns out I have a pretty big problem consistently winning Link dittos. I was wondering if anyone had any insights or ideas regarding this problem
Never thought you would ask the boards about it. Maybe you could upload some vids of our Link dittos to see where the problems are. Definitely Link grabs ****. . . . um. . . . . . . Link. lol Anyways, keep up the good work. I want to face you in the biweekly after next. ;)

The_Eradicator

Smash Rookie
Grabs huh? I'll try that I looked on youtube for our ditto but I guess Shogun hadn't posted it we had only recorded one ditto. I recall at least 3 bomb jumps in that fight on my part also I can't promise being able to make it to the next biweekly it all depends on Kaze and I wouldn't expect him to want to do that much driving again so short notice.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
The **** moves go like this. Upair, grabs, back air (maybe not **** but good), uptilt. You can get uptilt to dair or upair or bair. . . .depending if you think you can get more combos in one of these ways or the best way to end a combo.

Everything else I think is like regular Link stuff like the edgeguarding, the spamming, etc.

Top Bottom