• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link vs fox waveshine

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
always have a bomb when youre on the defensive

Corona

Smash Apprentice
I have dwelled on that very question for some time. Honestly, there is not much of an answer for it. UpB OOS is an answer as well as grabbing if your anticipation is spot-on. Personally, if I'm fighting a fox, I either go with Pokémon Stadium or go Falco.

NewJerusalem

Smash Apprentice
You don't have to block always though it's hard not to as link.

What options do you have in case you do block? THINK about that for a minute. Did you come up with anything?

Here are some options you can mess with. I was just thinking about them.
  • Light Shield, you might slide far enough to get away or grab
  • Wavedash OOS, after shines if the Fox does early pressure.
  • Nair OOS (Not recommended on FD can you figure out why?)
  • Roll (seriously, mix-it up!)
If everything goes wrong and you get hit by the waveshine, slide towards the edge and try to grab ledge. He'll probably upsmash/downsmash you though.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I always...ALWAYS have a bomb in hand unless pressuring..which against fox should lead to a high enough damage hit that you have enough time to pull out another bomb or at the least fade back with a boomerang.

Although the biggest technique I use to not get constantly wave shined is avoid all the lead in's that fox uses to get wave shines in.

Double Helix

Smash Journeyman
Another thing you could do is ban FD if it is an important game. Otherwise, take the waveshine and ask for more. It will at least help you learn the matchup. Also, listen to the Link mains...they know better than I do.

Top Bottom