• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link vs. Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
Heyy, I was wondering which is better, or which you think is better, Math or Link, not just in brawl, but their actual stories. I've always been a diehard link fan, hence my name, but I just tried the fire emblem games, and they are pretty good, and part of me feels that if i lived in Japan I'd like them better.

So I' ve decided to ask YOU, how lucky:chuckle:
I want you all to judge the two of them based on these categories.

Brawl: Which is better?

Games: Which is better?

Stories/Who they Are: which is better?

Anything Else you can think of: Go For It!

Just wondering, thanks! It'll help more than you know :bee:

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
So what, thats exactly what I wanted, and it does have to do with brawl because they are both big characters in brawl.
What you wanted is not related to Brawl.

It's like if someone created a thread in the GBD saying "Mario Party or Sonic Games" and someone replied with "This isn't related to Brawl" and you argue "Yes it is! Mario and Sonic or both in Brawl! I want peoples opinions!"

It makes no sense, you're comparing it to other games. What does it matter? This is Brawl.
Brawl: Marth.
Story and Games: Zelda

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
wanna back off now?

What you wanted is not related to Brawl.

It's like if someone created a thread in the GBD saying "Mario Party or Sonic Games" and someone replied with "This isn't related to Brawl" and you argue "Yes it is! Mario and Sonic or both in Brawl! I want peoples opinions!"

It makes no sense, you're comparing it to other games. What does it matter? This is Brawl.
Brawl: Marth.
Story and Games: Zelda
omg your so annoying, all I am trying to do here is get a debate going, and it is about brawl because this is going to help me determine what character i want to use in brawl, and it's nothing like the example you gave me because these are supposed to be character specific not vague like games, that would clearly go into the lighthouse forum, dont exagerate to prove a point because you fail. stop replying here your not doing what i posted the thread for your just being a nuisance. Tiers aren't everything because skill>tiers

TriforceMaster5282

Smash Apprentice
Didn't you make a similar thread yesterday about Marth and Ike? Didn't it get locked? I thought so.
yeah, as you can tell I'm trying to decipher a new main, going off the swordmen, god smashboard members are so rude, learn some manners

Ismael

Smash Ace
1. Why would you base your main on what other people think? Especially when Marth is actually much better than Link, and there are mostly Marth mains on SWF?

2. What does who's game is better and whatnot have to do with which one you should choose?

3. Choose which character fits you best, and which one YOU prefer instead of making a weird thread based on popularity.

4. Profit

SpongeBathBill

Smash Ace
Brawl: Marth by a mile. A freakin' continent.

Games: I love both series, and they offer me completely different things. One can be enjoyably cerebral in the act of trying to do a no-deaths playthrough, and one is just pure, unadulterated fun in that intangible Nintendo way.

Stories: I like depth and complexity, so FE overall, although Marth himself isn't anybody fascinating.

Anything else you can think of: inb4lock

Brawl: Marth overall. Look at tier list postions for proof.

Games: Link has better games, he is featured in a dozen or so.

Stories/Who they Are: Perhaps if they finished the anime based around Marth's Storyline instead of having just 2 episodes perhaps Marth would be more appealing for a storyline, but Link has twilight princess and ocarina of time (Which has been declared as pretty much the best game of all time and any console since it's launch).

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
I don't know how this thread managed to avoid closure for so long.

But, for what it's worth... I'll give my opinion/repeat what everyone else has said.

Marth's the better brawler, LoZ is the better series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom