• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link

TheK2

Smash Rookie
i think link should be moved higher on the tier list for good combo ability, a great recovery, and a fully functional shield

kingPiano

Smash Ace
i think link should be moved higher on the tier list for good combo ability, a great recovery, and a fully functional shield
Guess you haven't seen the new tier list yet

◔_◔

Last edited:

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Combo ability is kinda good but his ability to initiate combos is very weak. This would be okay if he had good movement, but his movement is among the worst in the game.

His recovery is pretty good (not quite great,) and his shield is nifty, but these mild defense applications don't negate that he has among the worst combinations of weight, fall-speed, gravity, and traction in the game. His defense ends up being pretty bad overall.

Link definitely stands out above most characters below him (save for Yoshi), but he definitely isn't better than Mario/Luigi. Same goes for Young Link (Though Young Link is somewhat better than Link).

I think Link is about where he should be, though 1 lower to account for Yoshi moving up.

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
This would be okay if he had good movement, but his movement is among the worst in the game.
Link has the second best moonwalk in the game. I guess you could consider that his movement consolation prize...

Last edited:
Top Bottom