• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

link?

IceCleaners

Smash Cadet
isnt link like the worst because i loked at matchups and everyone counters him, even ness. i was thinking abouot picking link, but i dont see why i would i heard he isnt good enough. Plus everytime i play kirby, i get kirbycided and get 3 or 4 stocked.

THE AVENGER

Smash Journeyman
i dont care that link might be the worst i use him caus i like his style and moves if u can use him right hes pretty good well thats my opinion

Blue_Requiem

Smash Cadet
You must not be a very good Link. Here's how I see it; the characters are all equal in rank (not really, but for an example here) and if you make them suck then they will suck, but if you practice with them then they will eventually be very good top fight with and use. My friend Keith(xeonoex) used to almost ALWAYS beats me in smash with Link and I'm Peach or Samus, although that was a long time ago I learned how to beat him. I'm just saying that you can make anyone as good as they seem if you try.

TheSavageBlueBoy

Smash Apprentice
I hear different things about link, and how he sucks, how hes good, how skill deplicts how good he is, but in reallity it all boils down to what you want, like street fighter, Dan would seem like the worst character you could ever choose, but from what i hear some of the best players use Dan. So if link is what you like, then use link forget everyone eles!

Skler

Smash Master
Link isn't countered by Ness, and Phanna's list isn't that accurate for Link matchups. Try going to the "Link matchups somebody who knows what he's talking about" thread here if you want to see how bad Link is.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
If you acutally know what your doing with link you will get hooked up on him, i am saying: the tiers doesns't matter to me , i would say somedays link could take on shiek, also i don't think link is that bad, i think we just need practice or maybe we need to find a new strategy, but to help you out, keep throwing bombs, and this is the most simple mindgame for link: Pull out a bomb (short hop, but dont have to) and throw the boomerang. cause his brain is saying he will throw the bomb , so might as well mindgame him with a rang..

Fletch

Smash Master
Overall, Link is about average. The reason he isn't in a higher tier is mostly because the top 3 characters (Fox, Falco, Sheik) **** him.

Link-NY

Smash Ace
isnt link like the worst because i loked at matchups and everyone counters him, even ness. i was thinking abouot picking link, but i dont see why i would i heard he isnt good enough. Plus everytime i play kirby, i get kirbycided and get 3 or 4 stocked.
"counter" is a one sided matchup for example Shiek vs Link. Links only real bad matchups are fox,falco,shiek and sometimes the occasional C.F every1 else is Link goes even or at a slight disadvantage/advantage. as for kirby and ness countering link...laff.... Kirby << Link >> Ness

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
shh...nub. don't speak.

Deva

Smash Lord
shh...nub. don't speak.
Lol:laugh: .

On Topic: I'm not sure how you got the idea Link gets countered by everyone. Any decent Tier List will tell you He actually either counters, has a great advantage, or a slight advantage over most characters in the game with a few disadvantages. The reason you may have heard he sucks is because The few characters that can counter him: Fox, Shiek, Falco, and C.Falcon are the most used Characters in Tournaments.

NekoNoBaka13

Smash Rookie
I really like Link and his moves, but I agree he isn't an upper tier character. His rhythm is too slow compared to other chars, and it leaves a lot of openings for the enemy if the sword is overused. Many opponents can get around the projectiles, and if a Sheik gets in close, she can give Link a really hard time. He doesn't have many moves that he can use SAFELY in close combat... maybe the regular A and SHFFL nair, but thats about it. All his sword moves take too long to execute and recover from.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Link is underestimated most of the time. People think because he has the slowest footspeed overall, he isn't worth it. Myself, and as well as some of the professinal Link players can pull off some nice combinations between wavedashing, pulling out a bomb and short hopping. His spin attack is nice and a really good spike (When used correctly) and his sword plant can cut through most defenses.

Top Bottom