• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link's Problematic Move Discussion: Diddy's Bananas

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Isnt rotating the directional stick and the cstick really fast the best way to get out of grabs fast?

So basically his idea is to get out of the grabs before they finish preparing the chain grab. It is true that most players will have a short hesitation after the initial grab, i guess making sure that the grab landed before going into the motions of the chain grab. Especially if you make it hard to grab you, they wouldn't want to risk doing something before they know they can do it incase of some punishment.

For chain grabs i usually just try to DI/SDI up and away, though some people compensate for that automatically, and thats when you DI up and toward them. I also usually spam jumps. I find that Link doesnt really have any really good options if you let yourself hit the ground.

However, there is the Throw>Fair>Ice Block lock chain grab. That one is escapable with teching and rolling toward or away. Though some IC have gotten into Throw>footstool>Iceblock lock, which is inescapable.

The Fthrow/Bthrow to instant grab also seems completely inescapable if they do it fast enough so you cant break free, and time it correctly.

I think the best way if any to get out of IC chain grab is to just use SDI to make it harder for them to land it consistently. Either that or just punch/kick the IC player themselves.

Top Bottom