• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Link's Take Over - Q&A and General Link Discussion

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
ive noticed in genrally when practicing combos on mario, that sum times i can utilt bair immediately and some times i cant. but we have a smashfest tonight so im check it out

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
Looks like the NAir hit the bomb and sent it flying, but the knockback seemed unusually high for a NAir to me. I'm guessing it has something to do with the NAir's weak hit, idk.

cjugs

Smash Ace
Yo Link boards.
Explain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZRIrkjc1FA#t=11m39s
And watch just past the first bomb trick. While also cool, that's not what I'm talking about.
Well i tried this a few times and i couldn't recreate it untill i noticed that link first hits samus with his nair so it looks like he hits you and loses his good hitbox which is what everyone does after they hit something and then with the weak hitbox he hit the bomb if there's something weak enough to hit the bomb without blowing it up it will roll watch this video and see what i mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su5HF5mhOUY&feature=related
As you can see the explosion isn't enough to blow the other one up so it just moves it :)

or did you mean explain on how Chad threw you into his ultimate mind game?

HiIH

Smash Lord
There was a thread a looooong time ago about this. People would usually do it on the edge. They'd set a bomb on FD, and then drop a bomb on it or something, and it was send the bomb sliding along the ground. Can't remember how to do it though. There might have been a link to the vid in one of the older link guides.

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Yo Link boards.
Explain:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZRIrkjc1FA#t=11m39s
And watch just past the first bomb trick. While also cool, that's not what I'm talking about.
Dude, he kicked the bomb just after it landed on the platform. lol.
I'm not sure why the nair wasn't powerful enough to blow it up, though. maybe the bomb is more sturdy just as it lands.

I know that if you drop a bomb, and you drop another bomb on top of it at the right time, it will slide completely across the stage. (if no one knows what i'm talking about, i can make a video and have it posted before tomorrow.)

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
ay comments are legit. Got a few questions though links. 1-what part of link's hookshot allows him to attach to the ledge. i've noticed that the tip or head of it wont allow you to connect to the stage, so is it thefirst ring inside of there that must connect? 2-Does link's nair have sweetspots? Seems like when i come down on people with it, it has a weak knockback good for gimps, but if i rise onto someone with it; it has much greater knockback. 3-I know ylinks use the rang (on their return to the stage), airdodge and when their rang returns it cancels their dodge. Now does this ever work for link too cuz it happened to me a few weeks ago during friendlies, but it might have been cuz i had started to shoot my hookshot out, so that it might've just cancelled that

cjugs

Smash Ace
Idk it probably has a better hitbox on his foot.
i've never canceled my air dodge with a rang but if you strong throw rang down and than dj air dodge up and toward the stage it will cancel that. it's really only useful on kongo jungle or brinstar. you have to ask skler if you can do it thought because he owns the move.

cjugs

Smash Ace
I don't mean to sound like a D*** but tht's a pretty bad link, i'de say work on mobility dash dancing and WDing try not to shield to much work on tech chasing and comboing and upb a whole lot less. Skler should probably be a bigger help to you i don't have alot of XP helping players when they are below a certain level but you've got the spirit sir!!!

Speaking of skler where is he? School hasn't started up yet, btw does milktea still play?

soju

SD God
I don't mean to sound like a D*** but tht's a pretty bad link, i'de say work on mobility dash dancing and WDing try not to shield to much work on tech chasing and comboing and upb a whole lot less. Skler should probably be a bigger help to you i don't have alot of XP helping players when they are below a certain level but you've got the spirit sir!!!

Speaking of skler where is he? School hasn't started up yet, btw does milktea still play?
LOL i actually main Pikachu, so no offence taken =w= Link is just a pretty fun character to mess around with, haha

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
^ ya sry i cant help either, after a certain point, i just lose interest and cant focus anymore. id just recommend watching vids, especially for ur pika

on the other note, where is skler? ima have sum videos uploaded either thursday or friday and need to be critiqued again

IYM!

Smash Lord
hello!

is first time that i write here, i am IYMsmasher! i main link since a long time, in all smashes

recently, my love for Link melee has back (OoT Link rules \../>.<\../), all thanks a some project M videos and his threat.

I play with him a lot again, will be good learn some stuff here and talk about a decent Link, i know he isnt the best, but, is a decent character, BETTER than link brawl.

i want see this link in mid tier

i hope learn more, and help somebody if i have the oportunity :)

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
Against floaties, is it better to uair or bair after dthrows? I'll use utilts for combos and stuff, but I kno after a certain percent, its more efficient to uair n the utilt for dmg purpose. But I use it to create space in which I can use projectiles and create a new approach.

But if u bair u weren't send them to far outta reach in which u can prolly keep an approach

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i just dthrow uair/dair depending on the percentage. dthrow dair kills floaties at like 80. its pretty beast.

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
i just dthrow uair/dair depending on the percentage. dthrow dair kills floaties at like 80. its pretty beast.
ya I got it off on my boy a few weeks ago, changing it up. Our recording guy should have our vids up anytime now, but at 80% I usually have people DIing up and away so by the time I can dair, they alrdy able to jump away. But I'm pretty sure I have recorded, that theme I was talkin bout wit link's recovery after a dthrow. How, at times, it takes quite a few more frames for me to react then at others

cjugs

Smash Ace
I don't remember where it is but skler loves that stage. he says to throw stuff and be on the right side of the stage so they approach you he wrote it on this thread or the other one i think it was this one if you wanna find it.

IYM!

Smash Lord
this &quot;!&quot; is part of my nick (Chile)
when the boat of RC ends his travel, the part when the stage start to go up, that is the perfect oportunity to link for strat to do combos, Uair, Utilt, are the best option there

spaming bombs and boomerang also is a good idea

dablackpacman

Smash Ace
ya I like RC too, especially against spacies and sheik. Back when I was an IC main, it was my 2nd least fav stage, floats bein the 1st. But you can def spam projectiles and space well since the top of the cruise is the only time there's a legit flat surface. Neither spacey does well being aerial against projectiles, so if you can get them of balance, nair can ****. And of course, memorize the stage so u kno when things appear since you can land on them a few frames bfo they're there

Skler

Smash Master
On RC you just hang out on the right side if you aren't on the boat section (on the boat you can try to hide under platforms and keep them away with jabs/utilts) and throw bombs at them when they get into the air. They have to dodge or catch your bomb, so you should get free hits. You can spam very effectively on the stage and the constant difference in height lets you use your high priority uair a bit more often than normal.

It's a very good stage for defensive play and controllable projectiles, which means it's a great stage for Link since he both of those things are what he does best. You can also do your stupid rapid jab thing at the boat to get damage if your opponent gets between you and the tiny wall, which is hilarious.

Octave

Smash Ace
I like to angle it at the ground so it bounces upwards. Feels like it covers more options than just throwing it straight.

Skler

Smash Master
The boomerang catch animation can be canceling by the shield, and thus by the grab. Just a fun fact. I think it can also get cancelled by special moves (spin, another boomerang, etc).

Top Bottom