• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

linksys help

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
im having problems with my router ,it will only work for one day and the next day i cant get wireless on my wii or laptop. i have to reset it everytime to get it to work.is there something im doing wrong?

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
im having problems with my router ,it will only work for one day and the next day i cant get wireless on my wii or laptop. i have to reset it everytime to get it to work.is there something im doing wrong?
well, you should use your computer to get into your modem or router, look somewhere for the option to allow any other wireless objects to connect(i think since you have a laptop and wii, only one might get wifi since settings might be set to only give off wifi to 1 object such as a laptop)

but what type of modem/router do you have?

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
well, you should use your computer to get into your modem or router, look somewhere for the option to allow any other wireless objects to connect(i think since you have a laptop and wii, only one might get wifi since settings might be set to only give off wifi to 1 object such as a laptop)

but what type of modem/router do you have?
i have a linksys wireless-g wrt54gs and i have it set up to give wireless to both units

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
My lynksis router, which is a WRT54G2 V1(Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router), cannot access its security settings on the internet for some reason, and it doesn't allow my PS3, Wii, or itouch to access it's internet because of a DNS error. Sometimes the internet on the computer (which is connected to the modem and router by an Ethernet cable) loses connection, and the ps3, wii, and itouch gains it, its the only way i can play online. Can someone please help me out? :(

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
If you can't even access the settings, then you might need to flash the firmware to restore everything in it. Linksys provides their firmware on their website, and hopefully you can still access the update firmware page of the router. Just make sure that you are using a hardwire when flashing the firmware, because if you lose the connection to the router, you could screw things up even more in the firmware.

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
If you can't even access the settings, then you might need to flash the firmware to restore everything in it. Linksys provides their firmware on their website, and hopefully you can still access the update firmware page of the router. Just make sure that you are using a hardwire when flashing the firmware, because if you lose the connection to the router, you could screw things up even more in the firmware.
i guess you can say imma tech noob, whats a hardwire and what exactly is the website your speaking of because lynksis.com is just selling routers :dizzy:
btw my lynksis is a *Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router*
thanks for the reply

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
i guess you can say imma tech noob, whats a hardwire and what exactly is the website your speaking of because lynksis.com is just selling routers :dizzy:
btw my lynksis is a *Linksys WRT54G2 Wireless-G Broadband Router*
thanks for the reply
Ah, sorry.

I just mean to make sure you are connect to your router through a lan cable, and not through the wireless network.

Iit should be linksys.com, if you go to their support page it should list downloads for all their products including the latest firmware. Then there should be an update firmware page when you access your router through its ip address.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Upgrading firmware can be a dangerous thing, though. Mess up and you can brick the hardware.

- Are you certain that it's your router's fault? Could it perhaps be your entire internet connection that goes out periodically?

- Are these wireless devices very far away from the router, or anything? You don't happen to have microwave ovens, cordless phones, or Faraday cages lying around in the way, do you?

NOVA1106

Smash Ace
Upgrading firmware can be a dangerous thing, though. Mess up and you can brick the hardware.

- Are you certain that it's your router's fault? Could it perhaps be your entire internet connection that goes out periodically?

- Are these wireless devices very far away from the router, or anything? You don't happen to have microwave ovens, cordless phones, or Faraday cages lying around in the way, do you?
there only a couple of feet away from the router and the router sits on top off the couputer

Ehecatl

Smash Rookie

Sounds to me like its a connection error, maybe your DHCP server is disabled. Have you tried using a Static IP?

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
Ah, sorry.

I just mean to make sure you are connect to your router through a lan cable, and not through the wireless network.

Iit should be linksys.com, if you go to their support page it should list downloads for all their products including the latest firmware. Then there should be an update firmware page when you access your router through its ip address.
ill try downloading the firmware, because my ip address does not access its page on the browser

at this point ill try anything, i just don't want to spend another 60 or so dollars on another router
Im pretty sure its the router because without the router my optimum modem works fine, and sometimes the internet falls from the computer which is connected via Ethernet cable, and that's when i get wireless access
no, its right under the computer, both the modem and router, and no i just got a new microwave, when this problem has been going on for two months or so and i do have cordless phones but i doubt that's the problem because i had those phones before i ever got my router
im guessing this was meant for me :ohwell:

thanks for the replys

Top Bottom