• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

List of Notable Players at Respective Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyro

Airborne
I don't really like to consider any of the "notable Falcos" actual Falcos. Keitaro's a good friend of mine, but he mains Diddy. GimR's Falco isn't that good, and obviously the same reason applies.
-
EDIT: Larry Lurr also recently dropped Falco apparently, but he was never that great with him as well.

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
For the Miis, I feel like you should add a few smaller faces that have worked on the characters for a long time. Sure, Dapuffster and San should be labeled as the best, (For Brawler and Gunner respectively) but I feel people like myself have been notable to Gunner/Brawler in some ways. This goes for other characters as well.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
ZeRo needs to be mentioned for more characters, we're talking about the best Smash 4 player. :4fox:,:4bowser:
TKBreezy should be included in :4marth:,:4lucina:(but he may have given up Lucina for Marth which makes sense).
I'd put GimR in :4falco: and maybe :4drmario:
Vex is a great :4dedede: and a good :4littlemac:
And I don't know how you ever missed the best :4pikachu:, Esam.

Edit: Shofu is a popular guy and a devoted :4fox: but I don't know if he should be up there yet because while his knowledge of the character is great maybe we should wait till he gets a little better.

Edit: Keitaro :4falco:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Does FOW play Falco a lot? I've seen one match against Shofu, but I don't know if FOW mains Falco... If anything, Falco could just have no one for notable players since aside from zCyRo and pawclaw, nobody well-known mains him.

Last edited:

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
Shaya has a nasty Falco (and G&W)

Waveguider for Wii Fit Trainer

Aussies who I really believe can hold their own against the other notable players of their characters.

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
I think Player-1 ought to be on the list of notable Diddy Players. 5th at Paragon, 17th at Apex, a veteran Brawl Diddy, and the Diddy that was playing in the Hoo Hah video.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
D

Deleted member

Toon Link should also have Manzoku (Japanese TL who placed 4th at a huge tourney in Japan, I think Umebura 11 or something) and Jash. I'm surprised they aren't there already since they're easily the best TLs right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
You should probably put the characters in the OP in alphabetical order. The way it is right now makes it seem like a tier list, which is not what this thread should be about.

Also, Nairo plays Palutena often.

EDIT: OP fixed it.

Last edited:

Cyro

Airborne
Does FOW play Falco a lot? I've seen one match against Shofu, but I don't know if FOW mains Falco... If anything, Falco could just have no one for notable players since aside from zCyRo and pawclaw, nobody well-known mains him.
Falco is FOW's top 4, but he doesn't main him.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Idk what is going on here. Keitaro and GimR are Falco players (I edited my last post to put this in). Sure, GimR has a Game and Watch and Keitaro has a Diddy but Falco is one of their mains and isn't this thread about notable players? Okay then, Falco is saved.

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
@san. is the best Ike
@Ray_Kalm has the best tournament results with Ganon I think (? who else? other than Gungnir who got 2nd once) Pon has no tournament results

http://smashboards.com/threads/hierarchies-of-power-the-ganon-community-tier-list.393614/

Also it is interesting to see who will win this Ganon only tournament.

http://smashboards.com/threads/gano...est-have-emerged.369676/page-17#post-18610813

Right now there is Pon, Gungnir Potechi (All Japanese) and Ray Kalm in top 4..
Kalm, Gungnir and I have similar results to answer your question. Potechi and Pon have no results that I'm aware of. Gungnir and Kalm deserve their spots, but all we know of Pon are from WiFi friendlies, so it feels... odd to make any judgments about him just yet.

No doubt Pon's a beast, but... just doesn't feel right putting him above those who have concrete results.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Idk what is going on here. Keitaro and GimR are Falco players (I edited my last post to put this in). Sure, GimR has a Game and Watch and Keitaro has a Diddy but Falco is one of their mains and isn't this thread about notable players? Okay then, Falco is saved.
It's more of a joke since Falco doesn't see a lot of action compared to pretty much everyone and gets ripped on by a lot of people, especially when the game was released. So, if I were to choose who would be under Falco's list, it would be Keitaro, GimR, pawclaw, zCyRo, and FOW where Keitaro, GimR, and I guess FOW are the more well-known ones while pawclaw fought at Apex and hopefully gets more results that people will see and zCyRo's right here and he has videos like Dark.Pch.

People who have played Falco include Larry Lurr and SmashG0d - he played him like once at Xanadu against NAKAT -, but that would be a bit like including players who played a character once and that's that e.g. GimR played Jigglypuff once and Snow played as Wario and Mii Gunner.

Speaking of which, add @SnowballBob33 to Fox.

Last edited:

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
You should probably put the characters in the OP in alphabetical order. The way it is right now makes it seem like a tier list, which is not what this thread should be about.

Also, Nairo plays Palutena often.
You are right. The original organization was based off of a recent Japanese tier list. It is in alphabetic order now which is what I should have done originally.

Also, I removed the "notable:" under every single character. It is repetitive and the thread looks cleaner without it.

To everyone discussing Falco, I think I am just going to keep FOW there for now and see what happens, unless the majority think something different.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
The fact that mii swordfigther don't even have a representitive makes me feel lonely. This makes me wonder if there is anyone who uses the character in tourneys. I understand that swordfighter isn't the best character in the game but there has to be someone out there using him (solo).

The ones I've seen are people using miis in general like Dapuffster.

Yackabean

"He's shooting arrows out his butt" ~ Scotland
NNID
jack1996
3DS FC
3539-9728-7714
Toon Link should also have Manzoku (Japanese TL who placed 4th at a huge tourney in Japan, I think Umebura 11 or something) and Jash. I'm surprised they aren't there already since they're easily the best TLs right now.
I'm still yet to have seen Jash perform to a point where he's blown my socks off yet. Doesn't feel like the old Jash anymore so I don't think I'd quite consider him yet.
Manzoku and Zan are definitely up there though cannot disagree with that.

Other honorable mentions from what I've seen:
Ririnkal, Kunai Kazekun, Sigma

Cyro

Airborne
It's more of a joke since Falco doesn't see a lot of action compared to pretty much everyone and gets ripped on by a lot of people, especially when the game was released. So, if I were to choose who would be under Falco's list, it would be Keitaro, GimR, pawclaw, zCyRo, and FOW where Keitaro, GimR, and I guess FOW are the more well-known ones while pawclaw fought at Apex and hopefully gets more results that people will see and zCyRo's right here and he has videos like Dark.Pch.

People who have played Falco include Larry Lurr and SmashG0d - he played him like once at Xanadu against NAKAT -, but that would be a bit like including players who played a character once and that's that e.g. GimR played Jigglypuff once and Snow played as Wario and Mii Gunner.

Speaking of which, add @SnowballBob33 to Fox.
Also, (off topic) You may just call me Cyro, lol. I would change my name here to "Cyro Izarak" if I knew how.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
It'd be nice to have a vid or two listed with each player so people can get an idea of how to go about playing the character.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
It'd be nice to have a vid or two listed with each player so people can get an idea of how to go about playing the character.
Wouldn't that be more like seeing how they play rather than figuring out how to fight that character? People have different styles; one Fox might use Dair more than Fair or something.

Welp, I'm reposting this again because it's the best Falco gameplay I have ever seen. It's online gameplay, though, so some of the stuff might have been more polished offline. Pon's Ganondorf vs. a ROB and then a Falco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWkQ6z06m9s.

The ROB and Falco are unknown, unfortunately...

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't that be more like seeing how they play rather than figuring out how to fight that character? People have different styles; one Fox might use Dair more than Fair or something.

Welp, I'm reposting this again because it's the best Falco gameplay I have ever seen. It's online gameplay, though, so some of the stuff might have been more polished offline. Pon's Ganondorf vs. a ROB and then a Falco: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWkQ6z06m9s.

The ROB and Falco are unknown, unfortunately...
True, but it would be nice for players to see what their (main) character's potential is, in the right hands. Some of the names listed I'm not too familiar with, and concrete evidence like a vid would be helpful. Pon's ganon is disgusting with those footstool knockdown combos and that falco played great as well.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
True, but it would be nice for players to see what their (main) character's potential is, in the right hands. Some of the names listed I'm not too familiar with, and concrete evidence like a vid would be helpful. Pon's ganon is disgusting with those footstool knockdown combos and that falco played great as well.
Off-topic, but I have seen no Falco play like that. Not knocking anyone playing as him, but the things he do reminds me of aMSa's Greninja and 6wX's Sonic where it's just on this level of aggressiveness and unpredictability because of how he moves. Sadly, it's just some random dude and not aMSa or 6wX.

With the video thing, there's video threads all over the boards, but people don't look around and don't know every player (which is why we have this thread). Every time people talk about Anti or even Nairo, some people might have no idea who that is. For one, I only know about NAKAT, Larry Lurr, Snow, and Shofu's Fox; I never seen Megafox, Yui, or Bloodcross's Fox.

Anyway, @san.'s Ike: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siN2YWr_4ZI.

Cyro's Falco (and @Xadrin's Bowser): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlePKf8uKQM.

Zex's Sheik: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA8OCrlfx3M.

Rice's Dr. Mario (and @Kronos2560's Mega Man): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0EpkLAgR2o.

Zex, Rice, and Kronos2560 are more SoCal-based if I heard right from the commentators in one video. Most of their footage is on showdowngg while most people are more familiar with VGBootCamp with players like Keitaro, GimR, TKBreezy, etc.

Speaking of a Wii Fit Trainer, I think Shing0's is pretty slick, but I don't know if he has a lot of footage and how well-known he is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUMklUKF4GU.

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, nominations should be accompanied by a video.

Or at least a tournament placing or something.

Saturn_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Saturn.1000
Part of me thinks that listing should be tournaments results being expressed in a different form. Saying player A is better than player B seems a little pointless when there are results to be had, you know?

xBlitz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AresxBlitz
3DS FC
3583-0912-0374
Canada is definitely being overlooked lel

D

Deleted member

Put Zenyou and maybe even Xzax for mario. Theyre both monsters here in SoCal. Xzax ranked 4th and Zenyou ranked 14th (but hes beaten k9, tearbear, richbrown, and larry)
Tearbear for Captain Falcon.
Falln for Rosalina. his run at apex was really good.
Kiraflax for Pit.
Paper for GW.
Also Phoenix for sonic.\

edit: Scizor for Link

Last edited by a moderator:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Inspired by @Man of Ham thread on Melee characters and @Blue Ninjakoopa 's thread on Brawl characters. This is a list of every character and the character's best and notable players. Of course, this is very early for Smash 4 but I'm hoping to update this constantly, plus it could be very interesting to look back on the history of this thread. This list is in no way official. Currently there is nothing differentiating the best and notable players, rather they are all just notable and are in no particular order.

I do need your guys' help though. I need to know who you guys believe to deserve a spot in the list. Please make suggestions, a lot of mine are probably wrong to start!

This thread is a work in progress and will always be updated if needed.

:4bowser: Bowser
Calm Animal, Oco Le Troof
:4bowserjr: Bowser Jr.
Tweek

:4falcon: Captain Falcon
Max Ketchum, False, Acid, ZeRo, Fatality, Tearbear

:4charizard: Charizard
Bloodcross

:4darkpit: Dark Pit
Nairo, Kiraflax

:4diddy: Diddy Kong
ZeRo, Mew2King, Ally, SS13, RAIN, Edge, Jtails, Player-1

:4dk: Donkey Kong
DKWill

:4drmario: Dr. Mario
Rice, Boss

:4duckhunt: Duck Hunt Dog
MVD, Dunnobro, Guy, Brood

:4falco: Falco
FOW

:4fox: Fox
Larry Lurr, Yui, NAKAT, Bloodcross, Megafox, ZeRo

:4ganondorf: Ganondorf
Gungnir, Ray_Kalm, Vermanubis, Pon

:4greninja: Greninja
aMSa

:4myfriends: Ike
Ryo, San, Ryuga

:4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff
TheReflexWonder

:4dedede: King Dedede
Cook, JDAWG, Big-D, slavoslav, Uber, Vex

:4kirby: Kirby
MikeKirby, Markus, Triple R

:4link: Link
Izaw, KirinBlaze

:4littlemac: Little Mac
Espy, MVD, Alphicans

:4lucario: Lucario
Junebug

:4lucina: Lucina
BrolyLegs

:4luigi: Luigi
Boss, Mr. ConCon, False, J.Miller

:4mario: Mario
Ally, Nyani, Anti, Zenyou, Xzax

:4marth: Marth
Mr. E

:4megaman: Mega Man
Zucco, daiki, NinjaLink

:4metaknight: Meta Knight
Ito, Katakiri, Tyrant, S2H

:4miibrawl: Mii Fighter
Dapuffster

:4miigun: Mii Gunner
San

:4miisword: Mii Swordsman
?

:4gaw: Mr. Game & Watch
Regishikimi, GimR, Paper

:4ness: Ness
FOW, NAKAT, Awestin, Fsann, Shaky

:4olimar: Olimar
Myran, Dabuz, Im Hip, Rich Brown, Soulimar

:4palutena: Palutena
AeroLink

:4pacman: Pac-Man
Abadango, Koolaid

:4peach: Peach
Dark.Pch, Slayerz, Kie, Pink Fresh

:4pikachu: Pikachu
Esam (retired), NAKAT

:4pit: Pit
Nairo, Earth, Pink Fresh, Kiraflax

:4rob: R.O.B.
8bitman, OCEAN, Phi-Zakura, Mister Eric, Gyo, Raffi, Chibo

:4robinm: Robin
Nairo, Trela

:rosalina: Rosalina and Luma
Dabuz, Xaltis, Falln

:4samus: Samus
ChoZoX

:4sheik: Sheik
Mr. R, Nietono, False, Zex

:4shulk: Shulk
9B, Badada, John Numbers

:4sonic: Sonic
6WX, Seagull Joe, Espy, octo, Phoenix

:4tlink: Toon Link
Manzoku, Jash, Yackabean, Zan

:4villager: Villager
MJG, Zee, Ranai, vyq

:4wario: Wario
Abadango, Wafty, TheReflexWonder

:4wiifit: Wii Fit Trainer
John Numbers, TKBreezy

:4yoshi: Yoshi
Raptor, Sky, Poltergust, Dr. Robotnik, YelloRello, Yoshidora, Aiba, Slice

:4zelda: Zelda
Nairo, Ven

:4zss: Zero Suit Samus
Choco, Officer Jenny, Nairo, Nick Riddle
This list is short a Bengals, Dakpo and Leon on ZSS. Shaky is one of the best Pikas atm. Big D should be on this with a bunch of characters too

Last edited:
NNID
Maplesirux
3DS FC
2836-0209-7506
Trevonte has an amazing Palutena, #2 on NorCal PR.
Pump Magic has a very solid DDD, #12 on NorCal PR.
Rice also has a good Marth, #7 on NorCal PR.
1up Nitro is also a very solid Pikachu, has beaten Zex before. #8 on NorCal PR.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Not that it's good or bad, but it generally tends to favor players with lots of major smash media group representation (ie ALT North streams in general). It's a good thing in that it can help serve as a resource for new players to watch videos on the metagame. It's a bad thing in that it leaves some gems remaining hidden out there.

Last edited:

Floppeh

Smash Cadet
NNID
FloppehFeesh
So what is the criteria for this list? Some of it is really lolz
Well, the list is pretty much a big work in progress at the moment. Right now I am just going off of who the community believes deserves what spots. I might have some plans for the future, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom