• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LISTEN UP: This is the "PROS'" fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironmanATL

Smash Rookie
I've been reading these forums for a long time, and I've had enough. So much whining is going on about "oh man, why isn't Ashley playable? It's not like she's from three games not many people have played and says/does nothing" or, "oh man, 3 landmasters, LAME" You so called "pros" talking about who your gonna "main" and whether or not so-and-so stage will be "tournament legal" ("The only thing we can play is Final Destination with no items cause fun is cheating")
THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!
Why do you think there are 3 f-in' fox clones? I'll give you a minute, think about it. MAYBE its because all you punks mention every friggin second that "FOX PWNS". Because you "pros" wont shut up about "whens the next tournament, Brah?!?" word must have gotten back to Sakurai that "so many people" play Fox. SOOO, does THIS theory explain why there are three versions of fox? (no other explainations make since, unless Sakurai HATES us)

So BRAVO, "champs", "playas", and "pros". BRA-"f-ing"-VO

REDFIELD246

Smash Apprentice
Your lack of proper grammar angers me.

You're really stretching for a valid theory here, take a deep breath and live with the roster.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
LOL.

Sakurai is alot smarter than that. he wouldnt just say 'hey, they like fox, so ill make 2 clones of him!!!'.

if he wanted what pros wanted, he would have left brawl ALOT more like melee. this game has gotten AWAY from competitve play, not closer to it.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Go Back to GameFAQs KnuckleJoe
Yea, thats the guy who started the "Bad review trend" On the Gamefaqs boards. I hope the "Worlds highest rated games list" Ignores GameFAQs

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
So what you're telling me is the small portion of Smash players who play competitively, who discovered how heavily balance in Melee was shifted to Fox due to Sakurai's programming made him decide to add a 3rd version of said character, and at the same time remove most any techniques which the competitive metagame was built upon?

So, either your logic makes no sense, OR Sakurai is great at irony, adding a clone of a top-tier character for the pros, but removing most of their techniques

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
aw, didn't get wavedashing working properly? it's ok, theres tons of other people who suck too :)

lol rage meter increase

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I understand why he is so angry. People complain about every little thing. I've heard: "Brawl is gunna suck because there's no L-canceling!" , "Nintendo's lazy because they have two clones of one character", and other things simular to that. I myself am also tired of hearing this. Most of us don't even have Brawl yet and we're complaining about it.

Lets talk about the good parts of Brawl, instead talking about all the bad things.

Also all these so called "Advance Techniques" in Melee that were taken out of Brawl, where just glitches in the physics engine. Brawl has an updated physics engine, so that's why you can't wavedash, L-cancel, or SHL. I'm glad these GLITCHES aren't in Brawl, that way everybody plays the ways Super Smash Bros. Brawl was ment to be played.

*Raises Flame Shield*

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
I need to make a special failure GIF just for this thread.... Ah phuck it.

I understand why he is so angry. People complain about every little thing. I've heard: "Brawl is gunna suck because there's no L-canceling!" , "Nintendo's lazy because they have two clones of one character", and other things simular to that. I myself am also tired of hearing this. Most of us don't even have Brawl yet and we're complaining about it.

Well stop taking the internet so seriously, everything goes here, and the last thing we need is political correctness.

People might complain about some specific aspect of Brawl, but it goes without saying that they still love/like the game as a whole. We don't all have to worship something 110% in order to appreciate the devs work, criticism isn't the end of the world.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Why can't tourney players stop calling casual players n00bs that suck solely because they don't use advanced techniques and play Smash solely for just having fun and never take Smash seriously? Why can't casual players stop saying that tourney players take Smash too seriously, ban stages for ridiculous reasons and only like playing in Final Destination with no items with Fox and Marth?

Why can't there be peace in the Smash community?
Real Pros, or at least the nice ones, say NOTHING like that.
Not unless the casual is:
A)Bashing them for being "pros",
B) Casual claims to know something better than them,
or
C) a "Pro" tries to be helpful or respectful, and the casual blows it up in his face

=/ It pretty much goes that way. Its just a huge misunderstanding at the heart of it all.

-DD

Fandangox

Smash Lord

Lets talk about the good parts of Brawl, instead talking about all the bad things.

Also all these so called "Advance Techniques" in Melee that were taken out of Brawl, where just glitches in the physics engine. Brawl has an updated physics engine, so that's why you can't wavedash, L-cancel, or SHL. I'm glad these GLITCHES aren't in Brawl, that way everybody plays the ways Super Smash Bros. Brawl was ment to be played.

*Raises Flame Shield*
oh sh**

10 char

tarmacker

Smash Journeyman

*Raises Flame Shield*

Good post.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
I've been reading these forums for a long time, and I've had enough. So much whining is going on about "oh man, why isn't Ashley playable? It's not like she's from three games not many people have played and says/does nothing" or, "oh man, 3 landmasters, LAME" You so called "pros" talking about who your gonna "main" and whether or not so-and-so stage will be "tournament legal" ("The only thing we can play is Final Destination with no items cause fun is cheating")
THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!
Why do you think there are 3 f-in' fox clones? I'll give you a minute, think about it. MAYBE its because all you punks mention every friggin second that "FOX PWNS". Because you "pros" wont shut up about "whens the next tournament, Brah?!?" word must have gotten back to Sakurai that "so many people" play Fox. SOOO, does THIS theory explain why there are three versions of fox? (no other explainations make since, unless Sakurai HATES us)

So BRAVO, "champs", "playas", and "pros". BRA-"f-ing"-VO
your a weird one....

its your fault because you weren't good enough that you made no impact what so ever on the scene...

Maybe you should try to make a name for yourself a change things instead of grip and complain...

Why don't you enlighten the tourney scene and fill us in on what were missing instead of throw stones at our logic?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
L M F A O

maining someone doesn't mean your pro. Maining someone is just basically playing a lot of one character learning how to play as them

Pros are people who play brawl that not only main characters, but bet on themselves winning against another person[/idioticmeifI'mwrong]

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I need to make a special failure GIF just for this thread.... Ah phuck it.

Well stop taking the internet so seriously, everything goes here, and the last thing we need is political correctness.

People might complain about some specific aspect of Brawl, but it goes without saying that they still love/like the game as a whole. We don't all have to worship something 110% in order to appreciate the devs work, criticism isn't the end of the world.
I agree with you there, but it's a problem when half a thread is complaining about the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom