• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Little Mac, W.V.B.A. Champion confirmed for SSB4

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I thought you were already a supporter, I thought whoever replied to this thread was a supporter.
Not necessarily. This thread's seen a few detractors since its inception. Not many, but a few. :laugh:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
Added you, btw, where's your moveset? Could you provide me with a link please? :)
I'll add it right away.
[collapse=Little Mac's Moveset]
A,A,A-Jab combo: alternating left and right. If you continue pressing A, he'll continue to Jab. Can be comboed into Up tilt.
Up Tilt-Hook: He'll quickly punch upwards, and should you press Up+A again, he'll continue to hook upwards, sort of like a second jab combo, only upwards. Can Be comboed into Jab. Knocks items out of enemy's hands as a reference to Soda Popinski.
(Note. Hits are not as fast as other infinite combos, but deal enough hitstun to combo opponents temporarily. Can combo into Up Special)
Side Tilt-Straight Punch: A simple, straight punch.
Down Tilt-Low Blow: Quick, low, ducking jab.
Dash Attack: Quick running punch. Causes opponent to fall down. (See Soda Popinski KO Cutscene, Punch-Out!! Wii)
Ledge attack: Climbs back onto stage, then punches.

Guard: Blocks face with gloves while surronunded by shield.
Dodge Roll: Quickly sidesteps to the side of the opponent.
Dodge: Tilts body to dodge, such as in his own games.

Smashes:
Side Smash: A strong, forward punch. Decent damage and knockback.
Up Smash: Strong upward hook. Slightly below average vertical knockback, but strong damage.
Down Smash: Spins while punching. Damage is below average, only about 15% for each side, but is ridiculously fast in execution/attack speed.

Air:
Neutral: Spins around while punching.
Forward: Punches straight twice, exhaling sharply. Ya know, like boxers do.
Back: Back Knuckle Punch
Up: Punches upwards quickly.
Down: Meteor Smash Punch downwards, similar to Samus' Dair.

Specials
Neutral Special: KO PUNCH. A strong punch that is chargeable, but not storeable. Rather than winding up, he will just prepare the punch, by bringing his arm back. Sort of like a Falcon Punch. Except instead of dealing powerful knockback, it knocks the ememy down. Unlike a normal state of knockdown, the victim must rapidly tap the buttons to stand back up. Should Little Mac Taunt while the enemy is knocked down like this, he will regain health.

Side Special: Infiltration. Rushes forward, infiltrating the enemy's defenses should he touch an enemy. He dodges most attacks as he rushes forward. Pressing B again will follow up with a second punch, and again for a third. If timed correctly, the three punches strung together will beget a Star.

Up Special: Star Punch: The Star Punch is Mac's signature attack. It easily breaks through shields. With no stars it is a basic weak uppercut, dealing about 6-7%.
On the ground:
1 Star: A decently powerful upward strike, does not jump. 10-12% but decent knockback.
2 Stars: Even Stronger. No jump still. Just a strong powerful upward punch, 15-20 damage, above average knockback.
3 Stars: Very Strong, very fast. A jumping uppercut while spinning once. Vertical knockback is extreme, and will KO at medium damage, around 50-70%. The attack itself deals 25-30 damage. Mac's finshing move.
Works similarly in the air. Does not propel him upward a very far distance.
Down Special: Taunt Block.
Everyone has been suggesting a counter for a down special, and I agree. Mac is based around dodging and blocking. Mine can be used offensively or defensively however. It works like this.
Mac assumes a defensive stance, covering his face with his gloves. If an opponent should attack him while he assumes the stance, Mac will block in and counter with a strong punch. PLEASE NOTE that this move is different than other counters. This move is to be used in ANTICIPATION of an attack, as the window of opportunity for the counter to work lasts only a split second. However, when Mac assumes the stance, if he is close to an enemy, it will force them to taunt. This is a reference to Punch-Out!! Wii. In Punch- Out!! Wii his opponents often underestimate him, and show this by taunting him. You have to wait 15 seconds before you can use it again, in the meantime, it'sjust a regular counter.

Grabs:
Most people suggest a double handed punch, like Bear Hugger's Bear Hug, or to clench an opponent.
I suggest to use one of Mac's signature abilities: The Stun Punch.
Also known as "The Dizzy Punch", Mac will do a quick jab that stuns the opponent. From there...
Pummel: Mac will repeatedly punch the opponent.
Forward: Mac will punch the opponent with enough force to spin the opponent around similar to the Cape. Mac can follow up with a number of attacks. Reference to Disco Kid KO cutscene.
Up: Mac deals a punch to the solar plexis (gut) and follows it up with a powerful upwards strike. Knocks food out of them as a reference to Glass Joe and King Hippo KO scenes.
Back: Mac runs behind the enemy, and punchs while whirling around to face them.
Down. Punches enemy who grows a flower on their head, and then falls down. The flower does what it does in Brawl. Reference to Don Flamenco's KO Cutscene, in which his rose turns black and wilts, attached to his body as he is KO'd.
NOTE: Each character has a unique thing flying over their head when stunned by the Dizzy Punch. (i.e. Mario has his hat flying in circles over his head, Luigi has his, Peach has crowns flying in circles over her head, Bowser has Koopa Shells, etc.) As a reference to the Wii installment.

Final Smash: Champion Combo.
Many people wanted *ahem* Roid Rage as his FS. Many people wanted a combo ending in a 3 Star Punch. Well as it turns out, in Punch-Out!! Wii, there is such a thing.
During the final battle with Mr. Sandman in Title Defense mode, after a long and arduous battle, he will unleash his trump card. A LONG Dreamland Express, with multiple lightning quick and powerful uppercuts. And after that, should the attack fail, he will be exhausted. So exhausted that he is in infinite stun. Little Mac is then free to combo him to his heart's content, and slowly depleting Sandman's health, while also building Stars. The final blow can then be a 3 Star Punch, strong enough to put Sandman down in the dirt once and for all.
The final smash inspired by this would be a punch, that if it connects, would be followed by a long combo of punches, ending with a 3 Star Punch, just like in the game's Finale.

Taunts:
Up: Jump ropes in place.
Side: Punches in place.
Down: Mac begins doing situps.

Victory Theme:
Punch-Out Victory Theme.

Victory Poses.
1. Lifts the belt in the air, saying "WOOHOO!" Doc with him, eating chocolate.
2. Is lifted onto Doc's shoulder by Doc.
3. Doc lifts his arm up, as Mac looks happy.

Note:
Unique Star System.

How to GAIN Stars:
Successfully pull of Infiltration will all 3 hits with correct timing. Correct timing implies that you hit them again JUST as the brief hitstun wears off.
Attack an enemy while they are taunting.
Attack an enemy while they are charging a Smash Attack.
Attack an enemy, interrupting an attack by them.
Hit an enemy with a 0 Star Up Special.
Successfully land a fully charged Smash Attack.
Attack after Dodging/Sidestepping
Landing a Ledge Attack

How to Lose Stars:
Die.
Use the Star Punch.
Take a lot of damage.
Be hit by a Smash Attack.
(Note: Being KO'd, or Using the Star Punch uses all the stars. Taking a lot of damage or being hit by a Smash Attack lowers your Star Count by one.)

Taunting will show the number of stars you have over Mac's head.

Style and Strategy.

Mac is ALL about technique. It's about combos, skill, and knowing when to use each move. Mac's main strengths include combos, attack speed, and decent strength and knock back. His jump height is slightly above average. However, his main weaknesses are his fast falling speed, his pretty low weight, and his subpar recovery. However, his side special provides decent horizontal recovery. He does, however recover quickly from knockback and hitstun, having an innate ability to bounce back quickly from attacks, like in his own game. Getting Stars can be rather difficult. His most reliable method of getting stars are his Up and Down Specials. Comboing into his Up Special can beget a star quickly. Forcing the enemy taunt with the Down Special can also yield a star, or even TWO if he attacks a taunting enemy with a fully charged Smash Attack. Besides the Star System, Mac has one other Unique Trait. Mac dodges and sidesteps quickly, like in his own games, and can follow up almost immediately with an attack after dodging. (i.e. After sidestepping, Mac will follow up with a unique attack, a quick punch that begets a star, similar to a ledge attack.)
[/collapse]

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'll draw something up sometime soon for the fanart department.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I just realized how awesome this match-up would will be:
Little Mac Vs Captain Falcon

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
[collapse=Little Mac's Moveset]
A,A,A-Jab combo: alternating left and right. If you continue pressing A, he'll continue to Jab. Can be comboed into Up tilt.
Up Tilt-Hook: He'll quickly punch upwards, and should you press Up+A again, he'll continue to hook upwards, sort of like a second jab combo, only upwards. Can Be comboed into Jab. Knocks items out of enemy's hands as a reference to Soda Popinski.
(Note. Hits are not as fast as other infinite combos, but deal enough hitstun to combo opponents temporarily. Can combo into Up Special)
Side Tilt-Straight Punch: A simple, straight punch.
Down Tilt-Low Blow: Quick, low, ducking jab.
Dash Attack: Quick running punch. Causes opponent to fall down. (See Soda Popinski KO Cutscene, Punch-Out!! Wii)
Ledge attack: Climbs back onto stage, then punches.

Guard: Blocks face with gloves while surronunded by shield.
Dodge Roll: Quickly sidesteps to the side of the opponent.
Dodge: Tilts body to dodge, such as in his own games.

Smashes:
Side Smash: A strong, forward punch. Decent damage and knockback.
Up Smash: Strong upward hook. Slightly below average vertical knockback, but strong damage.
Down Smash: Spins while punching. Damage is below average, only about 15% for each side, but is ridiculously fast in execution/attack speed.

Air:
Neutral: Spins around while punching.
Forward: Punches straight twice, exhaling sharply. Ya know, like boxers do.
Back: Back Knuckle Punch
Up: Punches upwards quickly.
Down: Meteor Smash Punch downwards, similar to Samus' Dair.

Specials
Neutral Special: KO PUNCH. A strong punch that is chargeable, but not storeable. Rather than winding up, he will just prepare the punch, by bringing his arm back. Sort of like a Falcon Punch. Except instead of dealing powerful knockback, it knocks the ememy down. Unlike a normal state of knockdown, the victim must rapidly tap the buttons to stand back up. Should Little Mac Taunt while the enemy is knocked down like this, he will regain health.

Side Special: Infiltration. Rushes forward, infiltrating the enemy's defenses should he touch an enemy. He dodges most attacks as he rushes forward. Pressing B again will follow up with a second punch, and again for a third. If timed correctly, the three punches strung together will beget a Star.

Up Special: Star Punch: The Star Punch is Mac's signature attack. It easily breaks through shields. With no stars it is a basic weak uppercut, dealing about 6-7%.
On the ground:
1 Star: A decently powerful upward strike, does not jump. 10-12% but decent knockback.
2 Stars: Even Stronger. No jump still. Just a strong powerful upward punch, 15-20 damage, above average knockback.
3 Stars: Very Strong, very fast. A jumping uppercut while spinning once. Vertical knockback is extreme, and will KO at medium damage, around 50-70%. The attack itself deals 25-30 damage. Mac's finshing move.
Works similarly in the air. Does not propel him upward a very far distance.
Down Special: Taunt Block.
Everyone has been suggesting a counter for a down special, and I agree. Mac is based around dodging and blocking. Mine can be used offensively or defensively however. It works like this.
Mac assumes a defensive stance, covering his face with his gloves. If an opponent should attack him while he assumes the stance, Mac will block in and counter with a strong punch. PLEASE NOTE that this move is different than other counters. This move is to be used in ANTICIPATION of an attack, as the window of opportunity for the counter to work lasts only a split second. However, when Mac assumes the stance, if he is close to an enemy, it will force them to taunt. This is a reference to Punch-Out!! Wii. In Punch- Out!! Wii his opponents often underestimate him, and show this by taunting him. You have to wait 15 seconds before you can use it again, in the meantime, it'sjust a regular counter.

Grabs:
Most people suggest a double handed punch, like Bear Hugger's Bear Hug, or to clench an opponent.
I suggest to use one of Mac's signature abilities: The Stun Punch.
Also known as "The Dizzy Punch", Mac will do a quick jab that stuns the opponent. From there...
Pummel: Mac will repeatedly punch the opponent.
Forward: Mac will punch the opponent with enough force to spin the opponent around similar to the Cape. Mac can follow up with a number of attacks. Reference to Disco Kid KO cutscene.
Up: Mac deals a punch to the solar plexis (gut) and follows it up with a powerful upwards strike. Knocks food out of them as a reference to Glass Joe and King Hippo KO scenes.
Back: Mac runs behind the enemy, and punchs while whirling around to face them.
Down. Punches enemy who grows a flower on their head, and then falls down. The flower does what it does in Brawl. Reference to Don Flamenco's KO Cutscene, in which his rose turns black and wilts, attached to his body as he is KO'd.
NOTE: Each character has a unique thing flying over their head when stunned by the Dizzy Punch. (i.e. Mario has his hat flying in circles over his head, Luigi has his, Peach has crowns flying in circles over her head, Bowser has Koopa Shells, etc.) As a reference to the Wii installment.

Final Smash: Champion Combo.
Many people wanted *ahem* Roid Rage as his FS. Many people wanted a combo ending in a 3 Star Punch. Well as it turns out, in Punch-Out!! Wii, there is such a thing.
During the final battle with Mr. Sandman in Title Defense mode, after a long and arduous battle, he will unleash his trump card. A LONG Dreamland Express, with multiple lightning quick and powerful uppercuts. And after that, should the attack fail, he will be exhausted. So exhausted that he is in infinite stun. Little Mac is then free to combo him to his heart's content, and slowly depleting Sandman's health, while also building Stars. The final blow can then be a 3 Star Punch, strong enough to put Sandman down in the dirt once and for all.
The final smash inspired by this would be a punch, that if it connects, would be followed by a long combo of punches, ending with a 3 Star Punch, just like in the game's Finale.

Taunts:
Up: Jump ropes in place.
Side: Punches in place.
Down: Mac begins doing situps.

Victory Theme:
Punch-Out Victory Theme.

Victory Poses.
1. Lifts the belt in the air, saying "WOOHOO!" Doc with him, eating chocolate.
2. Is lifted onto Doc's shoulder by Doc.
3. Doc lifts his arm up, as Mac looks happy.

Note:
Unique Star System.

How to GAIN Stars:
Successfully pull of Infiltration will all 3 hits with correct timing. Correct timing implies that you hit them again JUST as the brief hitstun wears off.
Attack an enemy while they are taunting.
Attack an enemy while they are charging a Smash Attack.
Attack an enemy, interrupting an attack by them.
Hit an enemy with a 0 Star Up Special.
Successfully land a fully charged Smash Attack.
Attack after Dodging/Sidestepping
Landing a Ledge Attack

How to Lose Stars:
Die.
Use the Star Punch.
Take a lot of damage.
Be hit by a Smash Attack.
(Note: Being KO'd, or Using the Star Punch uses all the stars. Taking a lot of damage or being hit by a Smash Attack lowers your Star Count by one.)

Taunting will show the number of stars you have over Mac's head.

Style and Strategy.

Mac is ALL about technique. It's about combos, skill, and knowing when to use each move. Mac's main strengths include combos, attack speed, and decent strength and knock back. His jump height is slightly above average. However, his main weaknesses are his fast falling speed, his pretty low weight, and his subpar recovery. However, his side special provides decent horizontal recovery. He does, however recover quickly from knockback and hitstun, having an innate ability to bounce back quickly from attacks, like in his own game. Getting Stars can be rather difficult. His most reliable method of getting stars are his Up and Down Specials. Comboing into his Up Special can beget a star quickly. Forcing the enemy taunt with the Down Special can also yield a star, or even TWO if he attacks a taunting enemy with a fully charged Smash Attack. Besides the Star System, Mac has one other Unique Trait. Mac dodges and sidesteps quickly, like in his own games, and can follow up almost immediately with an attack after dodging. (i.e. After sidestepping, Mac will follow up with a unique attack, a quick punch that begets a star, similar to a ledge attack.)
[/collapse]
Approve of this moveset (Maybe sans the non-counter D-Special, but whatever). Also, I support this character.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'm a supporter (stated it before). Also, putting this here for those who want it. (hooray for shameless plugs)

Vyzor

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't consider Mac a shoo-in, but I would say his chances are pretty high.

LITTLE MAC FOR SSB4!

I'd also like to be able to switch to his classic Sylvester Stallone look, or have him look like it completely.

Mike Tyson for boss!

Ascended

Smash Ace
Put me down as a supporter for Little Mac. My brother is a huge fan of Punch-Out so we have all the games, and I think he would be a fantastic fit plus I believe the Boxing Ring to be a Punch-Out stage. Moveset ideas, I think he should have a dodge, like Viewtiful Joe's V-Dodge in Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (Maybe a down-b.) I like the idea of Up-Tilt being the "hold up and punch" from NES Punch-Out. Up-B as his Star Uppercut is great and I love the idea of being able to power it up with stars. How about you can get stars if you hit someone who's doing a taunt?

Some music that I think he should have:
Major Circuit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XzAPa4ji7M
Minor Circuit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSRjVUm2ruA
Super Punh-Out Minor Circuit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5KGhHQ1HQ8
Victory Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ijx_Qlrrb4
Alternate Victory Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v12taxObLwY

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Put me down as a supporter for Little Mac. My brother is a huge fan of Punch-Out so we have all the games, and I think he would be a fantastic fit plus I believe the Boxing Ring to be a Punch-Out stage. Moveset ideas, I think he should have a dodge, like Viewtiful Joe's V-Dodge in Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3 (Maybe a down-b.) I like the idea of Up-Tilt being the "hold up and punch" from NES Punch-Out. Up-B as his Star Uppercut is great and I love the idea of being able to power it up with stars. How about you can get stars if you hit someone who's doing a taunt?

Some music that I think he should have:
Major Circuit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XzAPa4ji7M
Minor Circuit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSRjVUm2ruA
Super Punh-Out Minor Circuit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5KGhHQ1HQ8
Victory Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ijx_Qlrrb4
Alternate Victory Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v12taxObLwY

I think nobody would taunt a Little Mac player EVER. XD
Added you btw. I totally agree with a move about approaching as you dodge. :D

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
I have detected a HATE THREAD for our Mac not to be in SSB4.

http://smashboards.com/threads/no-punch-out-in-ssb4-and-heres-why.341498/
That's one of the worst sets of arguments I've ever seen in my entire life, and considering I've been coming to Smash Boards for about 8 years, that's saying a lot.

With a lot of characters such as Mike Jones, Prince Sable and Tamagon (trying to look less biased by using characters I support as examples) there's little to no reason why they should ever be in Smash Bros, supporters just want them because they like them. Little Mac is one of the few characters that is the complete opposite - there's no reason why he shouldn't be in Smash Bros, and detractors are against him simply because of their own personal dislike of him. They may give 'arguments' such as him only being able to punch (I can list at least 10 characters already playable as limited or more so than Mac) or not being recent enough yet not being far enough in the past (lolwut?), but honesty it clearly just boils down to 'I don't like Little Mac'. If you don't like him fair enough, but if you say he shouldn't be in the game, then you're simply wrong. If you are a Little Mac detractor and you're reading this then show me an argument that proves me wrong, because I've yet to see one.

Little Mac is a bona-fide Nintendo icon, one of the few remaining, the NES Punch Out is one of the most iconic, popular and recognisable games in Nintendo history. His other games, especially the Wii game, made a big impact too. Super Smash Bros. is supposed to be about bringing all the Nintendo icons together and celebrating Nintendo history is it not? If that's still the case I think Little Mac literally must get in, I'd go as far as saying that it would be a disgrace if he doesn't. I'm being very single-minded I know, but this is how strongly I think he should be in SSB4.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I do know 1 thing the 21st of November will be the momment of truth for little mac

And for those playing at home of why thats the day of the nes punch out anniversary in japan and not to mention punch out was the best nes game out of all of them (well estimate position for the game anyway)

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
I do know 1 thing the 21st of November will be the momment of truth for little mac

And for those playing at home of why thats the day of the nes punch out anniversary in japan and not to mention punch out was the best nes game out of all of them (well estimate position for the game anyway)

Nov 21, eh? It's possible but I think they would rather to focus on Zelda character for Zelda 3DS release date.

D

Deleted member

I think that Little Mac would get confirmed in a Nintendo Direct while Zelda will get announced near A Link Between World's release date.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
UPDATED Little Mac Moveset

Little Mac's playstyle is about building up and unleashing his inner strength. He has average jumps, speed, and rolls, but a spectacular quick sidestep. While his weight is also average, his power has a chance to be great. His Up and Forward Smash can be hard hitting as well as his back aerial. But his specials are where he has the potential to truly shine. While starting off as utility moves, his specials can morph into star-studded finishers.

Little Mac's throws are designed as mini-games between himself and the opponent he grabs.

Mechanic Star Power: Star Punch gains stars. Stars fuel the other specials. A star appears above Little Mac's icon near the percentage. Boxing gloves glow brighter with the number of acquired stars. Maximum of three. Using a special, other than B, will eat up one star UNLESS you have three stars. A fully charged special will use all three stars.

Specials
B Star Punch: A quick punch. Designed to tack on during combos. Adds a star to Little Mac's Star Meter.

Side B Star Dash: Charges half the distance of a Fox Illusion and throws a straight punch.
1 Star: Charges half the distance of a Fox Illusion and throws a straight punch that stuns, followed by flurry of punches.
2 Star: Charges half the distance of a Fox Illusion and throws a straight punch that stuns, followed by flurry of punches that stuns, and concludes with Little Mac throwing a big hook.
3 Star: Charges half the distance of a Fox Illusion and throws a straight punch that stuns, followed by flurry of punches that stuns, then a big hook that stuns, and concludes with an uppercut. Will always eat through a full shield.

Up B Star Uppercut: Similar to Mario's Up B with a greater emphasis on covering horizontal distance. Hits opponent up.
1 Star: Small explosion of light at height of jump from his glove.
2 Star: Larger explosion of tiny stars at height of jump from his glove for an even bigger pop and some splash damage.
3 Star: Biggest explosion of stars for big KO potential at tip of glove and big area of splash damage.

Down B Star Counter: Blocks with gloves and counters with an uppercut. This counter does not factor in the blocked attack from the opponent. Rather the power of the counter comes from stars. Unlike other counters, this one sends the enemy into the air. Straight up. More stars, equal more power.

Ground Moves
A: Jab, can be repeated.

Toward A: Right hook, press of A results in follow-up left hook

Down A: Crouches and jabs, can be used repeatedly with press of A

Up A: Leans back and sends two quick circular punches upwards as if hitting a speed bag. Can be repeated.

Down Smash: Rotating backhand. Quick but not very powerful, good keep away move.

Up Smash: Big jumping uppercut.

Forward Smash: Leaps back slightly and follows up with a strong straight punch.

Dash A: Pushes with both gloves. Good for clearing a little bit of distance.

Aerial Moves
Back Air: Pulls elbow back and then spins around with a big punch. Slow startup.

Down Air: Looks down, spreads legs slightly and throws two quick solid punches down in succession.

Up Air: Throws a straight punch upwards causing Little Mac to rise a little bit the first time he uses it.

Forward Air: Throws a diagonal punch forward that hits opponents away and slightly downward

Neutral Aerial: Does a slow aerial spin as he throws a blur of punches to rack up damage.

Throws:
A: Gut Punch

Forward Throw: Little Mac starts to pull back a fist. A press of any button will cause him to punch. Further the pull, the further the enemy goes. However, the enemy can breakout, interrupting the punch.

Down Throw: Punch to the chin causing the enemy to drop.

Up Throw: Does a squat while lifting the opponent above his head and then machines gun punches upwards sending enemy into the sky after tacking on good damage.

Back Throw: Jumps onto of enemy and starts to punch downwards. Enemy can move at this point and must try to shake Little Mac off. Higher percentage means Little Mac can stay on longer for more beatings. Quickly mashing B results in quicker punches. Can jump off at any time.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY LITTLE MAC!
(You too, King Hippo!)

On this day, Mike Tyson's Punch Out/Punch Out! was released in Japan.
I know I should've said all this back on october.. but I missed it, and I can't find a source that says which day of october it was released in N.A.
So better late than never, time to celebrate Little Mac's debut game!
Because technical limitations have always made cool characters, and Little Mac is no exception! :D

Now to celebrate this glorious day...

Here's some Alternate Costume recolors for Little Mac made by yours truly. :D

As you can probably guess... the color schemes are:

Default training gear - Blue Hugger - Green Ryan
Red Louis - Purple Kid - Striped Tiger

Hope you enjoy. :D
Anybody played some Punch Out today? I did my usual run which is, get to Super Macho Man, and lose miserably all 3 times.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I dunno why I haven't visited this thread sooner, but count me as a support! Why the hell should he not get in this time?

Dunno if this hasn't been previously discussed, but what do you guys think about the Villager's boxing gloves moves (looks like a Smash attack) as it has never been used in any Animal Crossing game? Does this hint anything about the fate of Little Mac like Villager's Balloon Fighter helmet does to Balloon Fighter?

Manny Toons

Smash Journeyman
I dunno why I haven't visited this thread sooner, but count me as a support! Why the hell should he not get in this time?

Dunno if this hasn't been previously discussed, but what do you guys think about the Villager's boxing gloves moves (looks like a Smash attack) as it has never been used in any Animal Crossing game? Does this hint anything about the fate of Little Mac like Villager's Balloon Fighter helmet does to Balloon Fighter?

Actually, they have been used in an Animal Crossing game. The original title in which you could play a plethora of NES emulators in-game. Punch Out!! and Balloon Fighter being two of them. :p Pretty neat reference, and I doubt that it'll have any effect on Mac's chances of getting in. Actually, if anything, it should increase it!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I fondly remember those games in Animal Crossing! Predates the Virtual Console too. Still, those characters' items haven't had a functional use in the main game, so that's why it seems off. Might as well add Toad's bombs while you're at it. We also had Ice Climber and they have previously been playable, but not confirmed yet. Wonder why he doesn't have a hammer or ice. :p

D

Deleted member

I highly doubt it.
Just because the Villager is using boxing gloves doesn't mean that it's a direct reference to Punch Out!!. It would be if the Villager's gloves were green like Little Mac's. So, this doesn't affect Little Mac's chances in my opinion. And why would it? Little Mac will bring a brand new fighting style to the SSB universe; gloves by the Villager don't do that justice.

Well he wasn't announced today, but since they didn't make a Zelda announcement, we might get something Mac related tomorrow.
I would love that, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. If I'm wrong, then that would be a blessing really.

Top Bottom