• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Live2Win Presents: Fight For Your Friends! 2 - Results

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Awesome tournament, even tough I despise my playing on day 2. (I wasn't really motivated either on the 2nd day. I didn't even want to go, but since I had made it out of pools very slightly I went anyway for fun. Because our pool was hell of a kind.)

Agora: Good **** in teams, I don't mind if you wanna change partner, it is entirely your choice. If you feel we don't do so well, then go ahead. Good stuff in sigles, you made it kinda far considering you were in losers right on the start.

Kirt: We had one ****ing hard pool and I beated you from 1 point, very closse stuffs in there, I was shaking versus Vwins, lol. Our pool matches were fun and cool tough.

Holy: I see you got way better since last time I saw you, you seem to get 2nd in lots of tourneys now.

Ally: I won't lie, but I played like **** in our bracket matches and I got gayed on my counterpick in so many ways that I don't understand. We need to play more together. Good stuff on getting 1st.

whiteguard: Gg's at melee =P We'll play more if you come at my place sometimes.

Swordguard: I knew you'd get far, but **** 4th place!? Good stuff! I need to play you online and figure how to beat those **** mountain climbers *****. =O

Chet: Fox represent!!! Omg, more ****, please! I really need to play more fox, cause he's so awesome and he needs higher on the tier list !

Vwins: Nice, matches in teams before the tourney and grats on making it to 5th in singles even when you didn't play in like 2-4 months.

TestRider: I won't lie to you either, those matches were weird/bad/suicidal and full of fails. I still had fun doing some teams with you and I hope you come play the game a bit more with us instead of once per 8 months =P. Fun seeing you again.

Kage: That 0-death with Ganon on Falcon was WAY TOO ****ING GOOD ! Seriously! And watching those ganon dittos agaisn't kirt made me laugh as well.

Daisy: Had fun playing 64 with you. You shall never beat my fox!! =P fun matches as well in brawl, falco vs fox, lol.

I think that's about it, mostly the people I saw and talked to at the tourney.

Grats to everyone who did well/played good at the tourney.

buenob

Smash Lord
Seriously, if I forget someone, or forget someones name, I apologize... i was there fore a while and had a blast...

Jer - the zafmobile seems to always be the place to be... next time, maybe we'll play a few rounds? lol
Elef - As I said before, fantastic yoshi! I think it's weird that you thought it was weird that I liked playing you :p
Zaf - next time, no laggy tv and I won't be ********... good @#%^ for doing so well, for once again ****** in teams, and for giving me housing last minute... try to get some sleep next time :p
Chet - Didn't get to play you other than in teams, but again fox gives me a hard time... didn't get a chance to try out ZSS against you though :(... next time!
Ally - why did you have to choose the match against me to stop sandbagging :( lol, I always have a lot of fun playing you, and I find I learn a lot whenever I do... you just make all my mistakes seem so obvious it hurts... congrats on cleaning up again
Holy - LOL sonic MM... that was fun, next time I promise to MM rob ditto... I feel bad for taking your $2 even though you made it epicly close... I'll be banning castle seige against you :p
"I'm made of meat" - i don't know your tag/name, but your shirts are always great, and it was fun to remember the "good?" o'le days of 64... i gotta get my copy back and practice up
the Ford bro's - good **** at coming in 3rd in teams, you both are great players, and fun to hang around with too... I think if I hadn't played you guys a bunch at Clets on friday, our matches at the tourney would have been a bit more one-sided, keep on reppin' mid tier!
Clet - thanks for letting me come over so early, even though you're out of practice, you're still a beast, and the fest at your place was a blast!
swordguard - i meant to go apologize to you after I calmed down a bit, but you were _always_ playing... good stuff witht he low tier, and congrats on getting in 4th, you definitley deserved it... your desynchs are crazy, if you just got to be a bit more consistent with the CG's, you'll definitely be giving lain a run for his money soon enough
jay - fun bowser! it was great hangin' around with you, and thank for the lift to joels... your driving is as intense as our matches :)
joel - awesome stuff! you're a rediculously smart player, and we worked well together, if ever we get the chance, I'd love to team again... i'm sad we didn't actually get a chance to play eachother much... next time!
SAUS - too good... I was standing behind you silently cheering you on against zaf the whole match... I wish I could upset as many people with my playing as you usually do lol
Fogel - thanks for the ride back :) it was fun talking about both brawl/melee and getting the tech knowledge from you guys... 6stocking as duel ikes, that's how to rep Ottawa :)
Kami - it was fun hangin' around and playing at the fest, I don't think we played at the actual tourney but you've gotten way better for sure... another victim of the MK curse, but I like your style :) ... and I forget if you're Agora or Agony :( sorry lol
Rob - I owe you a buck from SF4 mm, your zengief follows the flowcharts well... next time, I will have a stick, and it will be closer lol... oh yeah, your brawling is good too :p
Ian - I don't know your tag but thanks for the melee matches :)
Steb - you definitely keep surprising me with different chars, and they're all at the competitive level... fantastic rounds, even though they went 2-0 they really could have gone either way... lucas isn't low tier lol

seriously, i had way too much fun this weekend... best vactaion I've taken in a long time, and it was great to get out of jurry duty to play video games! If I missed anyone, I'm sorry, it was an epic weekend..

congrats to the L2W crew + Joel for putting on a great tourney! one day, i'm going to just call you and ask for directions joel, and you had BEST be able to give me directions despite never being there yourself

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Ally: lol @ you ****ing up zaf by going in loser's.

AvariceX: I won't lie to you, i felt like I deserved the win. I felt like if it weren't for that infinite CG on a wall in Delfino, i would have taken the game. In the 3rd one, it finished in time again even after suiciding twice. yay for campfests.

Bento: lol forward tilt to forward smash on olimar = instant kill.

Buenob: lol @ stealing my 2nd jumps with your gyro. GGs, it was real fun playing you.

Chet: blah blah, the usual. congratulations in taking 3rd, get ***** by the claw, the water and the edge more.

DarkIsDa: Don't worry about it man, i know that my snake can get really frustrating to play against.

Holy: A camping sonic vs yoshi i can undestand. You couldn't really combo me, all that you could have done was hit and run, and that's exactly what you did. 2nd match was gay tho. 20 seconds left in the time, I was leading a bit in damage, then i get hit by the canon. ='(

Joel: (match starts) spam, spam spam spam spam spam..... "why would you do this to me? =("

Kage: get *****.

Kev!: GGs. you were understanding the yoshi matchup more near the end. i think you were just being more patient, shielding more of my attacks and dodging more of my grabs...... But you still fail against my snake =P.

Lunsford: Congrats in taking 3rd in teams. Your DK is sick. We should play sometime.

Pastaboy: It sucks that you had to leave in the middle of the brackets. I was hoping that you'd get really far. thanks for returning my controller.

Saus: Your Ike vs zaf's mk was so much fun to watch. down air spike through the tornado. =)

Stef: I hate diddys. I had to play gay with snake to go even with him.

swordguard: Did you save the replay of our match on your wii?

Testrider: I knew registering for teams was a bad idea. We will win next time.

Zaf: Your dream finally came true and i was there to witness it.

unknown522

Some guy
daaaang, vwins 4th kage 5th? i gotta see the BRACKET yo
good shiz berndard
lol, you'll be really suprised about the bracket.

basically:
- raynex got an easy bracket: beating jarc round 2, kirbykaze round 3, and me in winners finals, and again in grand finals (once I knew toronto had the top 3 spots, I just wanted to go home since we were all splitting).

- I beat kage then vwins round 2 and 3 in winners.

- kirbykaze beat pkm in winners round 2, and beat kage in losers quarters, after losing to raynex. Then he beat vwins in losers semi finals. He then lost to me in losers finals (but we were splitting the pot by this time).

- vwins beat pkm in losers bracket before facing kirbykaze

- as for pools: I beat jarc, raynex beat chester, kirbykaze beat kage, and sanuzi lost to pkm and vwins (all in 1 pool). Vwins beat Pkm in pools.

but yeah, little summary as to what happened....and no recorded matches, except jarc vs raynex.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
shoutouts:

Ally: You are not the Moses of one-way streets. Cars do not part for you when you tell the driver to go the wrong way down a one-way street. It was good chilling with you again and I'll see you in Niagara. I finally took down your Falcon, so Snake better know I'm coming for him.

HolyNightmare: I'm glad we finally got to play because now I realize just how much I need to learn how to play against ROB. Again, fun times hanging with you and your brother.

buenob: Fun friendlies. Sorry I was feeling out of it and johning about other stuff the whole time though. Always good seeing you again.

Bento: I'm sorry I main a low tier ><. Ness also happens to **** PT so don't feel bad about the low tier loss. Doubles was mad close, we were finished if pastaboy didn't SD. You are too cool.

Elef: Camp harder, you'll get me next time.

Linkshot: You're Pit is good, I just know that matchup waaaayyyy too well. Fun times in Smash 64, if only Link could still throw like that.

Chesterr: You're Brawl Fox is incredible. It made me ashamed of my Fox. Good work bringing Fox all the way to 3rd.

RaynEx: Good games in SFIV. I was amazed at how fast you started ****** when you had barely played 4 at all before that.

Fizzi: Thanks very much for housing and for introducing me to Brawl+, it's too fun, and Brawl+ Ness is way too good.

Kage: Don't worry, darts are for wimps; we all know the warrior needed a shotput to throw instead.

Steb: Someday Lucas might be as cool as Ness...probably not though.

vwins: For how little you play Brawl, your ZSS is unbelievably good. I'm still ashamed I lost Snake vs G&W though =/.

pastaboy: You are forever known as hungryboy from now on. I barely understand French, I only heard you say one word in French, and I know your French is horrible. Man that was awful lol. I never got to try that italian poutine, but it looked so good. Our doubles match was mad close...thanks for SD'ing XD.

Joel: Honest, I don't always powershield like that, I was just really lucky. Your Mario is too good.

L2W crew: Awesome tourney, good work.

Guru: You fail; really, really, really hard.

Whoever's Wii had the replay where I PKT2'ed through Ally's Falcon Punch for the win; I want that replay. It was on the wii closest to the laptop at the back.

I'm sure I forgot people, there was too much awesome at this tourney.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
and no recorded matches, except jarc vs raynex.
Actually the matches I have are Chet vs Sylar, Jarc vs Greg, Jarc vs RaynEx, Vwins vs Fogel... And the first game of the match you and kirbykaze bull****ed =P. Anyways... I wasn't going to upload anything because of what happened with losers, winners, and grand finals, but I was requested to upload jarc vs raynex... So I will.

unknown522

Some guy
unknown: I was the CF/Marth player, longish hair with glasses :p
oh, I remember you.
Actually the matches I have are Chet vs Sylar, Jarc vs Greg, Jarc vs RaynEx, Vwins vs Fogel... And the first game of the match you and kirbykaze bull****ed =P. Anyways... I wasn't going to upload anything because of what happened with losers, winners, and grand finals, but I was requested to upload jarc vs raynex... So I will.
Alright, sorry. That was sort of my fault...drama, etc

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
lol, you'll be really suprised about the bracket.

basically:
- raynex got an easy bracket: beating jarc round 2, kirbykaze round 3, and me in winners finals, and again in grand finals (once I knew toronto had the top 3 spots, I just wanted to go home since we were all splitting).

- I beat kage then vwins round 2 and 3 in winners.

- kirbykaze beat pkm in winners round 2, and beat kage in losers quarters, after losing to raynex. Then he beat vwins in losers semi finals. He then lost to me in losers finals (but we were splitting the pot by this time).

- vwins beat pkm in losers bracket before facing kirbykaze

- as for pools: I beat jarc, raynex beat chester, kirbykaze beat kage, and sanuzi lost to pkm and vwins (all in 1 pool). Vwins beat Pkm in pools.

but yeah, little summary as to what happened....and no recorded matches, except jarc vs raynex.
Its so depressing that you're telling people I got an easy bracket. Or that you sandbagged in WFs and GFs. Makes my tourny win seem even less meaningful.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman

Major Props to L2W+Joel for amazing tourney!!
Green fails.
Indeed. Seconded.

He down throws me + down smash, i roll left towards him -> hammer numb9. I lose XD
Rolling towards him was just a weird choice.
Ouch. You tasted ****, my friend.

Despite having 4 of my tournament matches end in time, I had a lot of fun.
I hate your Yoshi so bad. His physics are just WRONG. I won't even START about your ****ing Snake...
L2P?

Results thread is up, please redirect your posts there. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227117
Play Luigi, Mario is gay. Edit: Nice rickroll, lololol.
At laaast! I love you Joel.
P.S. You look SOO much like your dad.

I loved this. The venue was sweet. The people were great, the matches were even better. I had a great time... Mad INSANE props to L2W, Joel, Jarc and Jean-Paul (venue owner) for making all this possible. I enjoyed smashing with everyone, even though my touney was horrible. (didn't make it out of pools due to lack of sleep, coffee-RedBull related aftercrash, being sick and mostly thinking too much about which johns to type here instead of concentrating on the games. But the friendlies MORE than made up for that.

P.S. I spent the last two days with Zaf, Chet, Elef and Kage (there I go name dropping again). I had the most crazy time. I learned multiple new matchps, as well as close Zafs godforsaken car door, ate unhealthy, slept too little, smoked too much, spooned with Zaf (he snores in his sleep and even somehow slapped me in the face while mumbling). These past few days were amazing. I feel like my game is improving greatly, and most importantly, I realized that our smash community isn't just about attending weeklies, waiting to see Kirt get gang ***** in doubles (for a third time, lololol) and doing good in tourneys. It's about making new friends and having one mother****er of a time while playing smash.

Also, I tried the Warrior sub, at Subway (ask Kage for the ingredients) and discovered the many wonders of cheap cigarettes. They must freakin' fall from the sky, where Zaf lives, because along the way, I passed over nine thousaaand huts that sell mostly or only tax-free cigarettes. I already miss the place.

Now that I finished this quote/annecdote dump of a post, I'll go have a cigarette, and try to catch some sleep, hopefully not plagued by nightmares of Zaf gimping me, Elef's stupid walking Snake somehow ****** everyone, Yoshi's ******** physics or the *** kicking I'll be suffering at the hands of Dom's snake tomorrow, I really need that sleep, considering I'll be awoken by a nearly two-year-old girl at around six.

My life is awesome. Good night all. It's going to be cold without you tonight, Zaf :(

Edit (shoutouts) :

Ally: The only thing more amazing than your Snake was your T-shirt.

Zaf: I think Ally actually sandbagged so he could come kick your *** early.

Techiyo: Lol, Elef's sanke is indeed annoying. I didn't even beat it yet... WTF?!

Stef: Use the bananas, they take your character from good to broken.

My Pool: Rematches against all of you when we can! I just wasn't fit for smash that evening at all.

Great games to all the others I didn't mention (this post is long enough already). I had fun, and hope you did too.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Id just like to point out a few things.
Online players
1. Ally
2. HolyNightmare
4. swordgard
5. Stroumbert
7. Zaf
7. Fornaxxx
Melee pros
3. chesterr01
5. Vwins

I think this sums up a few things. Guys, get on wifi XD

Fogel

Smash Lord
I talked/played with way too many people to try individual shoutouts, but I'll give some general shouts at least.

Thanks a lot to Zaf, Joel, Chet, Jarc, and anyone else who helped with organizing this; it was a great tournament! Huge thanks to Joel for housing all of us, it was fun at your place! I may invest in a decapitated, dancing, music-playing Santa of my own someday. Also, congrats to the Toronto Melee players for getting top 3; you guys have worked really hard and come a long way since last time I've seen you. Good times all around!

Hmm...I had to leave early and don't really know what happened there (sandbagging/drama of some kind?) but I'd like to see me vs. Vwins as well. I wanted to watch at least the first game again!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ryan posting:
Its so depressing that you're telling people I got an easy bracket. Or that you sandbagged in WFs and GFs. Makes my tourny win seem even less meaningful.
wtf? I didn't say that I was sandbagging. When was I sandbagging?

just because I Sd'd a bunch of times doesn't mean that I am sandbagging.

pockyD

Smash Legend
you can NEVER say whoever got 1st place had an easy bracket (I don't know if this comes off sarcastic or not, but it's not meant to be)

Greg_2390

Smash Rookie
mind sending me the match vs jarc? pm me your addy, thnks meng.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well I already said on gamefaqs that I suck locally. I always get 4th or 5th lol but I'm sticking with Ganon all the way, I'm never going to give up ever!!!

kr3wman

Smash Master
Wasn't there some guy before that said he was the best ike player ever and no one could defeat him but everyone beat him anyway? I completely forgot his name.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
ryan posting:

wtf? I didn't say that I was sandbagging. When was I sandbagging?

just because I Sd'd a bunch of times doesn't mean that I am sandbagging.

uhh, let me spell it out for ya.

Unknown522 said:
-raynex got an easy bracket: beating jarc round 2, kirbykaze round 3, and me in winners finals, and again in grand finals (once I knew toronto had the top 3 spots, I just wanted to go home since we were all splitting).

the bolded part is where you acknowledge that I beat you. The part in brackets is where you try to justify that loss by saying you just wanted to go home, since we were all splitting. Why even bring that up at all on the boards if not to hint at the fact that you didn't care about our matches in WFs and GFs.

Not caring about matches = sandbagging. You SDed a ****load with stupid suicide kills because you knew the money was in the bag and you felt the top 3 didn't matter. I felt it did because we came all the way to Quebec and it makes sense that we should still take it seriously and play it out. Come on man, are you telling me all those times you jumped off and tried to bair-DJ-shine was all part of your winning strategy?

>_>

w/e

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Hey great tourney, love you all. I would like to thanks all the melee crew you guys are awesome, watching ya'll owning like this made me wanna start from scratch haha!! I have a long road to go, but in the end I shall conquer!!

Big ups aux préparations & installations!!

La place était génial!!

Since I didn't really participated at any tournaments I can't really shoutouts anythings but those friendlys I had with a few of you guys were good. I realized that I wasn't that behind.. .well except for pkm, chet, vwins and all the pros the gap is still large but not impossible hahah!!

Luv U all homos!!

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
Haha, thanks Jer, I'm in training session, but I should ask my sister my Gamecube back so I can be all smooth and crazy!

Top Bottom