• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lizardon Patch notes 1.10

Strider755

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ike755
3DS FC
1220-7045-0584
So, does anyone know what changes, if any, Charizard received in the latest patch?

Update:

This is what we know so far:

• Forward Tilt
    • Sweetspot damage increased 10% → 11%
    • One of three sourspot hitboxes is now a 'sweetspot'
  • Down Tilt windbox added that pushes opponents inwards (pre-animation modifier frames 6-9)
  • B-air landing lag reduced by 3 frames, from 36 -> 33.
  • D-throw endlag reduced, from 72 frames -> 70.

Last edited:

RadianB

Smash Journeyman
Only change I can find so far is that Forward Tilt tipper does 1% more damage. Before it use to do 10% now it does 11%. Everything else seems the same.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
sweetspot ftilt now does 11% instead of 10%

rip every other character

greninja'd

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Someone told me fair got landing lag reduced but I am 100% sure this is placebo and it was the changes from before.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Someone told me fair got landing lag reduced but I am 100% sure this is placebo and it was the changes from before.
fair landing lag has never been changed

if they didn't cut it by 10+ frames it'd still be ****, and we all know that's not the case

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Reddit is saying our Dtilt got buffed and is faster, but I am pretty sure this is people not knowing it has IASA frames.

AetherStorm

Smash Cadet
NNID
AetherStorm
3DS FC
3093-7092-7192
Woah, does nair seem different to anyone? Faster/less lag/more range?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It says that ftilt got a buff, 2 11% hitboxes on top of the stack meaning it's harder to sourspot.

The sourspot hitboxes got buffed bkb

Not sure what the other is, I know it's dtilt, but what specifically is it? A windbox? I will find out.

RadianB

Smash Journeyman
It says that ftilt got a buff, 2 11% hitboxes on top of the stack meaning it's harder to sourspot.

The sourspot hitboxes got buffed bkb

Not sure what the other is, I know it's dtilt, but what specifically is it? A windbox? I will find out.
Just tested it, Down Tilt no longer whiffs at point blank. This is amazing.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I wasn't even aware it did that. It's probably a windbox then.

Frame 7-9 windbox 0%, angle 30 (EXTREMELY UNUSUAL ANGLE? usually sakurai angle is used which makes me question if this is actually a windbox) WBK 72 KBG 100

Last edited:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Yep, it is a windbox on frame 6. Try it on Sheik at point blank range, in slow motion you can see her get shifted a bit back before the hitbox comes out.

windbox might not even be the technically correct term for this, it really is just a "hitbox" that nudges them back a small bit. no hitstun or anything. at 999% it still just nudges them back that same distance. i don't think i've ever seen something like this in a move. it's really nice though.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
furamu 7 actually

Edit: or at least my capture card says frame 7 idk I'll look into it later

Last edited:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
dantarion's data says 6

cool thing is it lasts until frame 9 when the hitbox comes out, so in unusual instances where their spotdodge or whatever invincibility runs out on, say, frame 8 of dtilt, they will still get that push back

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
yeah but there's a frame speed modifier on it that reduces it by a frame

thats why dtilt hits on frame 10 and not frame 11

Dudde

Smash Rookie
NNID
raddudde
3DS FC
1075-1056-9554
D-Tilt doesnt whiff anymore? Thank you daddy. Now I'll just have to re-train myself to use down tilt up close now.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
good point

it's frame 9 with that speed buff doe

another thing is that one of the 3 sourspot hitboxes on ftilt got changed into a sweetspot

Davregis

Smash Apprentice
buffs every patch here we goooooo

in a year we'll be the only character played in tournaments and they'll call it 21xx

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Yep! It doesn't whiff at point blank.

A little something is better than nothing, and a lot better than nerfs of any kind.

*slurps it up*

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
That's a mistake on @Shaya 's part, it's dtilt's new windbox NOT dsmash :p

Last edited:

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
not sure what the difference is compared to before, but a sweet ftilt on sheik near the FD edge starts giving you lightning and a KO at 96% or so. this is in training mode, so no freshness bonus and no rage.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
not sure what the difference is compared to before, but a sweet ftilt on sheik near the FD edge starts giving you lightning and a KO at 96% or so. this is in training mode, so no freshness bonus and no rage.
interesting, is this an untapped KO move potentially?

Leety

Smash Cadet
NNID
Leety01
3DS FC
1993-8239-5899
Does anybody have a version in 1.9/1.8 to try this.

The jab, feels different. I was a huge fan in my style to frame-lock my opponent into a grab with Jab 2, but it feels like it pushes the opponent away now and I can't seem to do that anymore. Instead, I have rely on a dash grab at certain percents to comfirm grab which feels a little odd.

Meanwhile, jab 1 feels like it gravitates my opponent closer in the same way that jab 2 use to do and confirm a standing grab like that. In certain cases, I could even jab once, and reset the jab combo with proper spacing and reading.

Maybe a minor tweek? Debatable a buff to give us more variety in our neutral game? I can't tell :l

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Can you add everything confirmed to the OP for easy reading? I would prefer to avoid spreading any rumors again.

Charey

Smash Apprentice
What is a Windbox and Sakurai angle?
A windbox is a move that pushes you, like FLUDD or Gust Bellows. Sakurai angle is a move that has different launch angle if you are at high% or in the air, programmed as a 361 degree angle.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
The only changes to Charizard in this patch are 1% more to ftilt sweetspot, one of the ftilt sourspots becoming part of the sweetspot, and the dtilt windbox. The only other possible changes are to IASA timings.

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
Nice to see some more buffs even if they are minor! I wonder if we did get any IASA buffs as well, I have no access to a console right now let alone two to test but hopefully there's something, most likely not though...

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Charizard's b-air landing lag reduced by 3 frames, from 36 -> 33.

Charizard's d-throw endlag reduced, from 72 -> 70.

the world will know fear

TailLover

Smash Apprentice

the world will know fear
although I love bair buffs the 3 frames isn't going to do too much, nice to see it's a bit safer now.

Dthrow tho, 2 frames seems so minor but this might do huge things for allowing Zard to set up true 50/50's or even combos, can't test right now but who knows what the future will hold.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

the world will know fear
I was just about to post this, l0l

Nice to see some more buffs even if they are minor! I wonder if we did get any IASA buffs as well, I have no access to a console right now let alone two to test but hopefully there's something, most likely not though...
Are you the guy on GameFAQS and Reddit who wants to have a tail irl?

Last edited by a moderator:

EvilPinkamina

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EvilPinkamina
/u/ILoveTails? Is that you?

Also, how much of an effect is 2 frames on dthrow? I've noticed its a little easier to get fairs off against CPU, but does it really effect PvP?

Pi Aaa

Smash Rookie
Just played at a weekly tournament. In one of my games dtilt's windbox sent Marth flying 2/3rds across Battlefield without dtilt actually hitting him. We stood there for ten seconds wondering what the heck happened.

windboxes are wacky and jank yo

Top Bottom