• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LOBSTER3 - December 20th - Maine - Brawl/Melee - Results & Shoutouts

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I've got the day off tomorrow, so I'll probably get friendlies up tomorrow get working on getting them after this post so I CAN PLAY DAT TATSUNOKO TOMORRA

SHOUTOUTS

EVERYONE - Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, all that jazz. I'd say this to each and everyone of you so I'm just saving myself effort <_<

Ace - I unfortunately did not get a chance to play against you all day. That's a shame, your characters are always a thrill to play against. Thanks a ton for the support via setups and power strip, I hope your TV starts returning to normal, and that your Wii is on the receiving end of less horrible puns from OBM.

Azen - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Banks - Sorry to hear you're permanently gone from Brawl. You and Billy, despite relying on Melee practice alone, are actually still a pretty solid team, and could probably continue to place in Maine tournaments (provided enough people show up so you actually get profit for placing 3rd >_>). Sorry I couldn't help you any further with that matchup advice vs. Leo, I've had minimal practice in it, but decent success, so I hope I helped at least a little. Our Man Pride match was excellent, despite my loss in the first set, my win in the "What if?" Man Pride match kinda revived my old Melee Sheik instincts, somehow. I might start entering Melee singles again as a result, if I ever learn how to manage both games >_>

Bitty - I can't believe I just saw you for the first time in a bazillion months and now I won't be able to see you for another bazillion more. lol @ the random Earthbound advice I gave you when you played it. Happy to serve my country by doing your laundry!

Boxman - Goooood **** @ 2nd in teams. Your Pikachu gets better and better each time I play against it, and your Meta Knight is a downsmashing-turret BEAST in teams.

Bumbles - Great ROB, happy to see new Maine players! Seriously though, no offense intended, but what kind of name is "Agnes"? >_>

Buuman - wtf knocking me into losers you jerk. lol kidding, our sets were mad fun and I can't wait to play against you guys again.

C. Awesum - Sorry about forgetting the e, good job placing 2nd in teams! Don't forget that even if you did know how to escape Zelda's d-tilt, from what I saw, you still had some issues with other parts of the matchup. Keep up the practice, when matchup knowledge is important, experience is key! Still a beastly Snake like always, can't wait to play against you again!

Darc - Sorry about the MK ditto game 2, and you're absolutely right, I shouldn't have suffered from Dazwa Disease and gone Diddy against Buuman game 3. It cost you a shot at 3rd place and it won't happen again.

DSF - STOP BEASTING MAINE TOURNAMENTS!

Feather - I just got a free SoBe, thanks LOL. Glad to have you guys over, fun games in Brawl, good work on the controllers, and I'll definitely try to make it up for the New Years Smashin' Eve Beast Feast Yeast Least Weast thingy you guys have planned.

Hoggle - enjoy ur dragonball the movie nubcakes lololol pwwwwned...HOGGLED! Nice seeing you, sorry you couldn't enter the tournament due to big cut in finger.

Iron Chief - Sorry to hear you're done with tournaments, your Ice Climbers were always a threat in tournaments in my eyes, and will continue to be, in friendlies now :(

(Maine) JMan - LOL we were trying to figure out who in the car was randomly following us, SOLAR kept saying "I'm going to punch this ******* in the face if he doesn't stop following us," then Boxman said "...hey, isn't that Jman?!" Good times, for our vehicle at least. Thanks for coming, fun games in teams, and I'll definitely attend your tournament on the 31st.

Kyu Puff - I just realized, I have never heard you utter a word. That's absurd. Next time, aim for 3rd...uh...Kelsie Bird? Herd? Turd? NERD. *Dylan-exclusive pound*

Larx - You are a crazy guy, although this weekend I didn't see much crazy. Nice seeing you.

Omegablackman - I'LL GET YOU YET, OMEGABLACKMAN! Even after those friendlies, I'm still itching for more OBM practice. I'm not even sure what to say about my Bowser doing the best against you, but Bowser is like a 77:23 vs Game and Watch, so it's all good. Hope to play against you soon!

PNut - Some trying to molest me LOL (My shoutouts say no, my heart is saying no, but my body is saying DELTA DYNAMITE) Glad to see you guys, New Years party etc I will definitely try to make

Riot - Your Zelda is something else, you took my Marth to a really close set. I definitely want to play you again sometime, I could use the Zelda practice. Everything about that match-up seemed like a learning experience.

SOLAR - THOSE ****ING MAGNETS ALWAYS COMING OUT OF NOWHERE. I remember hating them too, unfortunately I haven't played Geo Wars DS in so long that I don't remember what I did to beat them. Good luck D:

th0rn - Fun friendlies after the tournament, your Fox is mad good. I was watching your Fox ditto with Darc on Corneria, in my mind I knew Darc's Fox was crazy good, and it wasn't until halfway through the match that I realized the Fox doing these **** combos was you LOL

Waffu - DELTA DYNOMITE! Evidently I need more Dedede practice, SO YOU'RE HIRED. GET TO WORK, ON THE DOUBLE.

And before I get to those videos, one more thing...

LOBSTER4 - (Name Suggestions welcome) will be happening in February. I can't run it the first Saturday due to a scheduling conflict with something Maiden Games is running that weekend, so I might try for the week after, unless there are any objections. It will be Brawl Singles/Doubles + Melee Singles like LOBSTER3. Hope to see everyone and more there!

edit: i'll get friendlies up tomorrow, imma get sleep now

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Daz, I just checked a calender, to see if that was a Smash weekend. Thought I'd mention that while it is a Smash weekend for me, it's also Valentine's Day. I don't know how well that would go over, you know the core players better than I do though.

If you don't do it that weekend, I vote the 28th, cause I know I can make that, even if it is ever so far away.

ALSO!

:'( I wanna play Tatsu vs Capcom.

Banks

Smash Hero
smash before ho's, screw valentine's day. i'll send some chocolates in the mail to mah b1tches so i can play SMASH

dylan, you should definitely keep playing melee, you are still so good at it. plus since sheik doesnt need those teckynackal reflectors it's probably the easiest transiton after BARLW. SHEIK RULEZ MAN /bro-pound

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
ya loool i'd probably get ***** if i went to a tournament on the 14th -_-

anywho, i think im gunna try to go to philly on the 7-8th for that big tournament (dustin darc, you guys should go with meeeee)

8BITT

Smash Rookie
Good **** everybody, if i do individual shoutouts i'll miss people so that'll have to do. I had a lot of fun playing casuals (didn't enter any events) and now i can take my Wii back to GA with me so I'll be able to practice while i'm gone (expect me to come back and kick everybody's ***). I'll see you all in about 6 months when i finish training and get a couple weeks where i can come home before going to my unit, which i still don't know what that will be yet.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
wheeww this is awkward, actually i don't want you to go dylan... cough, uh whew this is wierd *pulls on collar*

lol nah just kiddin : ) just a slip, you guys' names are impossible to learn...

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Solar - GGs all day, team friendlies were fun. Your "escape DI" is amazing lol

Banks - Thanks for the games, next time you should teach me more about sheik. :]

Iron Chief - Yeah we should've played. I took your advice about u-tilt, I use it all the time now. :D And don't stop entering... what will motivate me if no IC player is up there placing well? :/

Larx - That win with zelda in tourney was legit, how many characters do you play? We played a lot, good games.

Dazwa - That's not true; LOBSTER2. Next time, enter melee... too... ;)

Boxman - Nice fox, I was trying to be all technical in fox dittos and you just beat me. :p

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I still haven't had a chance for a lot of singles. Next tourney I wanna play dazwa to see how badly my *** gets ***** with my TL. The only way Im going to get better with him is through ****. I suggest doing the next Lobster over february break.

IronChief

Smash Journeyman
Iron Chief - Yeah we should've played. I took your advice about u-tilt, I use it all the time now. :D And don't stop entering... what will motivate me if no IC player is up there placing well? :/
Don't worry you will start ranking high soon I watched some of your friendlies your IC are way better technically then mine. It just the people practice you just need to get more of thats all man. :)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
When you are done with replays, please post your youtube, everyone actually. I don't have subscriptions to like 90% of the people I would enjoy having one too, and when I search I can't find them because I am dumb.

thanks.

Buuman

Smash Ace
Ace - Fun chillin with you man. I woulda played smash 64 is I wasn't so tired. Your Diddy kong ***** me second match. Keep it up man, you definitely need to come to east bum**** and play me and corey. Should be coming to your tourney, and I better cya at cata 4 :D

Dazwa - *note to self: never play MK against Zerosuit Dazwa* <3 Gordos. Good seeing you again man. And I repeat...that Zuit suit is a beast along with your marth. HOLY **** AT HIS SHIELD **** GAME. Can't wait to play you again man, hope to see ya at cat4. I'll definitely try to make it to Lob4

Darc - I see you at every brawl tourney Dazwa is at but never get to play you xD. We have to play next time man. I heard you and blackmages set was too close

Banks - Play more brawl haha

Mini - Hax lucario, thanks for the ride down bro

Boxman - Way too fun to play friendlies with xD

Riot - I stand by my statement: "Best Zelda I've ever played" Didn't get to play you unfortunately. We'll have to play next time

Omegablackmage - The GWs just keeps getting better, you keep throwing **** into your game everytime we play man. Had some fun sets, I tried to give ya a run for your money with King fat haha. Time to start getting ready for Cataclysm 4 ^_^

Also Daz, that vid of toon link and Lucario is MiniTwilight(Lucario) and me(TL) :p

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
how do I get my Wii setup for unlimited replay? I know I need homebrew right? Not sure how to get all that.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I probably won't be able to make Cat4, but I'm definatly down to head out to Spencer and play you guys. Just tell me when.

I could use the practice, that's for sure.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Already a small group of videos up, more on the way. Once they're all up I'll make a thread in Brawl video discussion etc.

Bangor kids - I have like all of your stuff. There's a charger here to I have no idea, leather gloves, and a pink SoBe. Want me to bring the charger and gloves to the New Years thing if I make it?

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
my best chars in tatsu are roll and saki, unbeatable! roll is actually amazing in this game, super pressure game, and saki has one of the most annoying keep away games i've ever seen + and unblockable special. As a team they offer nice variety.

and ace, you come down whenever to play, let us know.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
For those curious, the only remaining videos being uploaded are...

OBM vs Buuman (4 Winners Finals games, 2 friendlies)
OBM vs Darc (2 Winners Bracket games)
DSF+DieSuperFly vs Thundercats (2 Winners Bracket games)

Top Bottom