• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
haha I actually know the Wolf player personally and if I recall correctly, he had already been going through online brackets or something for like 14 hours [maybe an exaggeration? not sure] and then he got to the finals and everyone was like **** IT WE WANT TO CROWN A GRAND CHAMP and he just said "/sigh".
take that and add online johns and Overswarm-ROB-skill-esp-against-Wolf johns =D

He's actually a really **** good player. Good **** to OS for the win.
I also very much wanted to win.

I had been playing since 8 a.m. that morning non-stop, either smashboards matches or wifi ladder matches or just plain old online friendlies.

Then I found out I was in the Grand Finals, that I was playing my favorite matchup, and my good friend Jason (M3D) wanted to go out and eat pizza with his wife so he asked me to step it up.

So I did. :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
2- JC... who were you fuxing w/ asking?
First I just wanted to see if people thought it was a good idea. I was gonna ask Overswarm (of course) and you (though you really need to make some more vids). There aren't many more stand out ROBs I can think of, maybe Zoap and TMSH (whoever that is) and JHNY5. Well, if any of you guys wanna write something and PM it to me I'll put it up.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Don't ask JHNY5.. he is..

He's like Zelgadis.. i shall now put my foot in my mouth and stop my banter.

edit- i'm done if Mr Swarm is...

edit^2 - wow wtf i can't type.. that should read "I'm DOWN if Mr. Swarm is"

holy s**t my b

Overswarm

is laughing at you
JC, just PM those you want to ask. Otherwise you'll get Zelgadis Jr.'s all over the place :)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
didn't we go over this already? :laugh: gahhhh I can't wait to record some vids...so I can get some help ;___;
btw, for those ROBs having trouble with Metaknight, if you're a Pikachu user, his speed, dsmash, jolts, and quick-attack cancel are all very useful [though quick-attack cancel is very situational and should be used sparingly]

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
No it does not.. but he is fast enough to fux w/ MK's ******** speed, and his lazer is like... "MetaKnight.. you're a *****"

and then you DairSpike him after 3 Dthrows.. and lol : )

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I made a video a while ago and was wondering if i could post it, it is of me versing 2 level 4 mr. game & watches and 1 level 5 at the same time, im not sure if it's ok but if you could just take alook at it that would be great.
Is this a joke? Tourney-level matches against HUMANS only.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah something like that. Sorry if I sounded like a **** but this thread is for serious matches only.

Also, first player profile is up! Straight from ChozenOne's mouth ... err, keyboard. Good read for all you aspiring ROB players out there. Seriously, it's a thing of beauty.

Edit 2: Finally some decent ROB vs PT vids. Not sure what kind of tournament this was where the first match in the finals can be on Luigi's Mansion (Was that on neutral? Are you kidding me?) but the players seem decent at least. Not great but there are no other ROB vs PT vids yet so :p

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
There's no link there.

I looked it up on youtube though. Sorry, you're just not at the level of a competitive ROB.

Edit: Oh by the way everyone, go check out the legend himself, Overswarm's player profile!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm going to record audio commentary over that video. Once for Nacker and once for Chozen.

Is that cocky?

...whatever.

toasty

Smash Hero
haha, no, it's awesome. I would love to hear what you'd have to say about the videos :) it'll give insight to people who won't necessarily see every amazing little advanced thing or mindgame they may have pulled off. it's a good way to highlight the pros and cons in the fight

I'll start: no bair recovery from anyone? if there was, I was too tired to notice

Overswarm

is laughing at you
haha, no, it's awesome. I would love to hear what you'd have to say about the videos :) it'll give insight to people who won't necessarily see every amazing little advanced thing or mindgame they may have pulled off. it's a good way to highlight the pros and cons in the fight

I'll start: no bair recovery from anyone? if there was, I was too tired to notice
I'll hit this on the head:

bair recovery is awesome, but has delay. When you are playing against a robot that can literally reach the top of the screen in a second, that delay can be deadly. double jump up+b nair is as fast as a backair.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nacker if you looked at the first post you'd see I posted those vids the day after the tourney. Also I saw the rest of those matches in person, good ****. Too bad your ROB dittos with Mild and Voodoo didn't get recorded also. I didn't get a chance to ditto any ROBs except for Rebel's, who doesn't even play ROB. At least I didn't lose, that would've been embarrassing.

One last thing, my ROB sig is cooler:cool: In fact I'd go so far as to say that I have the coolest ROB sig on all of smashboards.

toasty

Smash Hero
I'll hit this on the head:

bair recovery is awesome, but has delay. When you are playing against a robot that can literally reach the top of the screen in a second, that delay can be deadly. double jump up+b nair is as fast as a backair.
@_@ holy crap. I did not know this. so even if you did 1 bair into a fair, you'd still get hit by the other ROB's nair? man...well, thanks for answering that haha

Hey_Its_Nacker

Smash Lord
Meh it sounds like a good idea to me OS w.e you do is fine

Toasty i did a couple in the other 2 matches( is gay that they werent recorded) where i did Bair up+b , Bair+b in the opposite direction so it was just a pillar of Bairs xD

And yes JC your sig is too awesome i did mine in about an hour of MS paint lol

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
Argh. Curse my noobiness of my match

Ill probably do another one in about a month. I only started playing R.O.B a couple days before that. Much better now.

Ill be back... Hopefully..

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You guys are going to flip out.

Wait until you see my new videos.

Just wait.

You're gonna flip.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Can't wait to see that.

Also we now have a vid of a ROB (HAB) vs a very good sonic (BlueTerrorist), well worth watching since good sonics are so rare.

On a side note, I always write down the latest vids I put up at the top of the first post. Does anyone actually look at that, or would you rather I list new vids in a new post whenever I put them up?

toasty

Smash Hero
List new vids please :) that way if someone has been gone for a bit and they didn't see like...the second to last update? they won't have to watch through all of them to see which ones are new. The other thing you could do is add like ":::New Viid:::" or something or put the date that the vid was added next to it...

but yeah, new posts seem like the best way. and Overswarm, get that **** up soooon :)

ALL ROBS NEED TO GO TO THE MAY 25TH C3!!!! It's on a Sunday though, so it may or may not work out for some.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165685

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Fair enough, new posts it is.

I'm not 100% sure I can make C3. I was gonna go visit my former college for graduation and senior week, which is the week before that, but I'll try to make it.

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
hey jcaesar, is it possible when you update, can you mark which videos are new? its gettin hard to figure out which ones new or not.

thanks

oh and OS hurry and upload your vids

toasty

Smash Hero
Since I don't think the "guide" is used quite that frequently, I'll post this in here.
Having trouble landing up smashes? Yeah, it's rough. But there's a situational thing you can do that I've done several times to almost guarantee it. Of course, you'll wanna save this one for when they're at a killing percent. How often has someone been on a platform, you jump and f-air them or something but they shield it, the then they get pushed off the platform and bounce on the stage? Hm......sounds kinda rare when I put it like that.

ANYWAY. Point is, the usmash will catch them midbounce even though they're right in front of you.

So if you want, you can force someone into rolling to one edge of a platform or the other [think Melee Marth with utilts when they're on a platform above you], so you can utilt, chase the roll with a fair, fast-fall, usmash.

Obviously this is infinitely better against fat kids like DDD and really light ones like Metaknight [though I think that might be harder considering his size. I haven't tested this much, but it's some food for thought :)

edit: remember, this only works if they shield the fair.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS is not uploading them as he does not have them; Rofa and Vayseth have them. :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Cool we should record a few hundred ROB dittos:psycho:

I'm getting antsy for your vids OS. Are you gonna make the extended combo vid you promised us?

Top Bottom