• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*Location Confirmed, Sending Videos* - R.O.B. Video Thread (Latest update 1/27)

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
It'll be in MA and it won't be like CH4 pricewise. It'll be the finals of the ECRC and therefore will run like MLG finals...sorta. There will be a pro bracket where the top25 in points are automatically placed. Then there will be an amateur tournament where top5 get into the pro bracket. And I believe we're also going to run an online ladder and the top 2 from there will make it in.

Amateur tourney will be like any other tournament, except I believe we're going to run swiss system instead of pools.

There will also be teams finals and maybe crews, but who knows.

Oh yeah and I mentioned moving to VA earlier in this thread I think, I'll be moving to Lynchburg.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Oh nice, maybe I'll see you at a C3 or something.

Good to hear about Caty4. Is it a 2 day tourney? If it's just 1 it's probably not worth the trip for me. I'm not big on driving longer than I'm playing.

frdagaa

Smash Journeyman
Oops, MA is Massachussets. Right. I'm a noob. Anyways, it sounds pretty cool. I've got family in Boston, so I could pass it off as part of a family vacation.... *cough*

When're ye moving?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
wait the finals will be this year? oh I see...it's per "season" eh? Anyway...things are looking good with me setting up my ECRC-hopeful tourney next summer [need to figure out what month though >_>]...of course I won't bother requesting ECRC status for it until I have all the necessary details...none of which I have guaranteed estimates on. The only estimate I WILL announce is that it'll probably be maaad cheap because, if I play my brown magic right, there will be NO venue fee [unless food is provided], which means the entire entry fee will go toward cash payouts!!!

by the way, my projected price is $40-45 for teams and singles together (probably $25-30 if you only want to enter one?). Plus this venue will be effing massive. I really wanna hype it up now because hardly anyone knows about Southern Virginia, and I really want to make this capable of being the size of the Pound series ^_^ [soooo get the word out? haha, just be like "oh dude I hear there's going to be a huge effing tourney like Pound or some ****, in SoVa.....southern Virginia...no really, they have tourneys there"]

There are projectors that we could probably hook up for the finals.

There may be free housing at the venue (!!!!!) <----the only issue is security. :( Working on this one...

just thought my ROB buddies would like to know this, esp since you all seem to have connections to tourney-going populations and you all pretty much know I'm good on my word [of course, right now it's just a proposition]

I'll be uploading my MM with Chudat's Kirby soon...but I'll only post a link to the 3rd [of 5 >_>] match here because that's the best one.

Sudai

Stuff here
Toasty, get that **** going and I'll try my ****edest to get there. If it's during the summer I'll be back at home, so I can bring some big names from LA (Read Cyphus, Lee, and a few others) most likely. Just the people that like traveling. (Which happens to be the good players. lawl)

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
compared to Pound 3 and CH4 I mean. I can make it lower, for sure. I was just trying to attract as many people as possible...............hmmm...I actually don't care about making each event 20. I could make the whole **** thing $20 if I want :) I just gotta absolutely confirm what I can get set up for free so I don't have to charge venue, or at least no more than $5.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I like cheap tourneys. But I guess that's mostly because I don't expect to win, especially when there are lots of pros there (like basically any MD/VA tourney). I just like to play.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
You placed 4th at the last one, so maybe you can win. I know we are all getting better, and let's face it, it's BRAWL. Any one of us has the slight chance of beating a pro like Azen or M2k. It'll be hard as a *****, but it's entirely possible for us ESPECIALLY in teams.

toasty

Smash Hero
I placed 4th at a scrubby NJ tourney, it's different.
Now place 4th at a MD/VA tourny and you'll be respected.
Or come to SoVa and surprise everyone...and get like...17th? jk jk ^_^

I just wish more people could come for the August 30th tourney :(

I PMed a bunch of tourney hosts to see what they think as far as making this a $20 tourney or a $30-40 tourney...I want to get as many people to come as possible so I didn't know if more or less money would do the trick, since there's absolutely no way I can guarantee any amount of a cash payout as a way of attracting people...esp OoS players.

toasty

Smash Hero

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Ugh even more? I'll get to these eventually. I've actually been busy at work lately and I'm gonna be working long days till Tuesday. I'll try to get to put them up this weekend but no promises.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ugh even more? I'll get to these eventually. I've actually been busy at work lately and I'm gonna be working long days till Tuesday. I'll try to get to put them up this weekend but no promises.
What can I say? I'm a hard worker.

You're gonna have to sift through some MK matches in the future though, so love these gems while you can :(

P-Wubbs

Smash Apprentice
The waves crash in
And the bikinis stroll by
P-Wubbs at the beach
And the sun in his eyes

But now he's back
In the castle he knows
Have to go to work
**** this blows

Afternoon Robbonites. My 9 day weekend still hasn't ended, but I have returned to grace you with my presence.

Bow Chicka Bow Wow

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol dsf's MK hasnt improved that much from when he first picked him up at my place, he needs more MK practice

you did good on his snake OS, but against his MK...

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
So I just got back from C3 and figured I'd post this before I die from exhaustion.
I know Plank will show up here...and Nacker is actually a ROB, so:

Plank: I dont know a nicer way to say this but your MK is pretty gay, in a good way haha. GGs I actually enjoy that matchup.
Nacker: Didnt get to play you =( come to SoVA, I men MA DID hook you up with that sexy shirt...

oh and speaking of shameless plugs...

Don't forget: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=185111
Next week SoVA is trying to get on the map, in terms of big Brawl tourney's. The better the turnout the bigger the prizes (Wii's/PSP's/cash ect.)

It would be great if everyone could make it down. If you need housing just PM me and we can work something out. We will have a fext the night before as well if you guys wanna do crews as well =D

Top Bottom