• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lock this!!!!!!! HOUSTON THREAD(everybody go to new Houston thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If enough people wanted a tourney, there could be a small Round Robin tourney or something like that...frankly, I'm broke right now and am waiting for my tax return refund for some money back.

Velox

Smash Ace
TGM: I agree, cept they didn't know the asteroid was from our own asteroid belt till now. And it is in fact the one that hit the Yucitan.

Onii: Of course Unreal will be better than Halo 3. Halo 3 is a mediocre FPS, but it's still better than smash. Plus Halo 3 is a better party game than Unreal of CoD will ever be, mainly, IMO, because of the new-friendly stuff and massive massive massive massive massive I mean big makes-halo-players-seem-********-because-they-need-this-and-think- their-aim-is-amazing-because-they-can-stiper-headshot-everytime-but-then-again-so-can-every-noob-these-days auto aim. It's even more ridiculous that it's ever been. I like a good FPS with only a little auto-aim, like the first (and still the best) Halo.

Jake: You're gay.

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
jeremy, why would you ask if i'm racist? no, i'm not. i've lived in la marque for most of my life which is mostly black ppl and i could move to dallas anytime i wanted to but i like it here

Fyre

Smash Apprentice
Fox/Falco and CF. And I'm horrible at all 3. Gonna be rusty too, havent played since SOS's Final ****.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Lol, The black guy
I expect to here about the great **** of Fyre vs SE. Maybe record please too?
You should get Nick to go too, and I think Matt said he's going to Houston Monday, but you should convince him to go a day early so he can **** with yall =)

Fyre

Smash Apprentice
actually, what time is this thing supposed to start/end? -_- now i might not be able to come. kinda pissed off

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
Come on guys I been posting this information a lot of times already:

The smashfest will start after 2:30 at my house(if you need the address its in the first post of this thread), and it will end around 11 latest at 12

Like always plz bring TVs,GCS,the game and such since I don't have tons of tvs in here lol

Shök

Smash Champion
me too, there was some much water and i slipped and dropped it with my wang hanging out fot no reason
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very true Oni, well yeah like you said, we should play again. It was awesome on Wensday.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I'm going to Orlando tomorrow morning so I won't be able to make this fest. I'll tell you guys how well those Florida kids play, and I'll try to record some.

dawn001

Smash Ace
tomorrow is the tourny at the club and am ready to go !!!! so who is going to it?
me , kage , void , and neon are going. but who is ever going to go and need info on it well the post is on page134!!

Jeremy Feifer

Jeremy Feifer
awesome i dont know how but i got ssbb demo-kool-and shok we need to play some time
you be playin, chill out with that.

ALSO everyone im getting another snake.....

Best snake ever... a Corn Snake, one of the only Orange Snakes... I think THE only orange snake. And orange is bangin...

But yellow is bangin too...

And white matches my skin....

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Okay, I've read on a different forum that today's tourney starts at 3:00 PM. Wtf?

Tekken Zaibatsu

So does smash start at 5PM then or just 9PM? This makes me so confused...

Cesar(WTF!)

Smash Apprentice
Listen up ppl this is the last time I'll post this info

The smashfest will happen at my house address is:

6714 Archgate Dr. Spring,Tx

My cellphone number is : 281-844-8573

It will start at 2:30 and then it will end at 11; 12 the latest no more than that.

PLZ BRING TVS, GCS, AND THE GAME

Fyre

Smash Apprentice
too late. found somethin else to do =/ . kept hearin there was and there wasnt a tourney today. nothin got clarified

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
So yeah, that tournament...sucked. Mainly because it got cancelled. $5 for a couple hours of practice was a waste...

DuKe™

Smash Journeyman
eff this **** everytime a smashfest or something is planned i cant go because some major family event pops up
on September 23 my bros birthday
OCt 20th my other pros birthday
the Nov. one aunt from somewhere comes for 1 day
tomorrow my Parents anniversary
this is gay

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wow, the Smash gods clearly hate you. You should be hardcore and sneak out anyways. Be sure to sacrifice your most valuable possession to appease the gods.

Anywho, anyone need a ride tomorrow? I'm probably going to stay at CesarWTF's close to around 10-11ish. Jake? Asim? Gea? Tobias? Get a hold of me when you can if you need a ride...

TGM

Smash Lord
TGM passes the torch down..........but to who?

As it is right now.......

Warren Allan Sims, 20 years old.......In my life i only want 3 things. A good paying job(who doesnt), a family(some do) and my nintendo. Obviously i have the 3rd thing. The 1st and 2nd are approaching faster than i realized. Im taking on more classes at college to speed up my job goal(college History prof, it requires a MASTERS degree) and me and Amanda are going to finaly "tie the knot". All of this requires more money than i normaly make.......so......starting after christmas, i will be working 40+ hours. This combines with 6 college classes leaves me little to zero time with houston smash or any thing that is fun. So...........after cesarWTF smash fest tomorrow, i will officialy drop smash for good. "Life" is catching up to me(some of you know what i mean) and smash needs to exit in order for me to handle it. So again, if you want to see TGM one last time before i exit the Houson smash scene(no joke), go to cesarWTF fest tomorrow.

Smash.........

AH! Truly the best game on earth. It is IMPOSSIBLE to find a more deep fighting game than this. This series got me hooked in 1999 and has never let me go since. But the time has come to MAKE it let me go. In 2 years of ssb and 7 years of ssbm, i have experienced things that can only be experienced thru smash. Funny jokes(corny ones too,james,ronnie....lolz), traveling, STDs, and hosting tournaments all branch out from smash. But the most important thing about the smash exp is the PEOPLE! Ive hosted/ran/attended over 500 smash fests/tournies/STDs/get togethers over the past 9 years of smash. And at each of these events i meet NEW people(this alone is why i play smash) and i LEARN about people. And some times, i meet truly cool people, not just in smash but in real life. I may not like the things they do outside of smash but in all honesty there are some pretty good friends ive gained(Alex,gabe,aj,james,ronnie and many more) and without them, this game and experience would not have been as fun as it is. I dont regret giving smash up, but i do regret losing the chance to hang out with the majority of these people as much as i used to.

Houston..........

The 4th largest city in the USA started is smash scene in 2002 with scav and fluffy. After scav and fluffy move on with thier lives(i miss them) i came along and took the burden(it truly is, you dont even know)and raised it to the next and greatest level. I host/run tournies for myself and anybody who asks. I give rides, pay money, make sure people get to and from the events with directions and advertise anybody who tries to have smash events in between mine. I even had the biggest tournament in Houstons history(HOST=75 people). But much like the Mighty Scav and the Sexy Fluffy, The Greatest Marth most pass down the Houston torch to some one else. "Well TGM, why can people just make tournies any time they want whenever they want? We dont need one person to watch over houston." Lets be honest here, do you want to turn out like all the other cities in TX(excluding bluezaft's dallas)? There scene is horrible compared to ours. We have more players then they do! Why? Because we have AT LEAST one smash event every month(mostly by me). This is a steady flow of events that keeps players coming back for more instead of getting burnt out(like austin and SA). This is all governed by the person who has the "torch"(if you will). And that WAS me. I am passing it down now.....to whom, i dont know. If cesar can get monthlies going and its a consistant thing. He looks like a good person to take over Houston. Or, you can just do what ever you want when ever you want and Houston will fall apart(mark my words on this one)

The Future........

As i said up front. CesarWTF fest tomorrow is the last smash event i will attend(so if you want to hang with tgm one last time, go). I will hold NO MORE, run NO MORE(unless i see houston really needs it) and attend NO MORE smash events(once in a blue moon i might go). Though Im done with smash, I will still hang around the boards for a while(im not totaly gone) just to see how things fly without me and to update this thread and title untill others can take over. It was fun and i dont regret putting my time,money and effort into it. I want to thank EVERYBODY in Houston for the good games, the victories, the losses and the good times..... i love you guys(yes, in a gay way).

PS: The TGM combo is THE BEST combo on earth. It will be back in brawl.

OmniDistortion

Smash Cadet
Hey Cesar, can I come over a bit earlier? I work 5PM to close (~11:00). I would pretty much be missing the entire event due to work. It's been like this for quite a while and I would really like to maintain some status in the community. Or at the least play a bit and have fun :3

Also Allan, I think you'll find time if you make it. You know I've been trying real hard to show up and at least you've got weekends off. I live independently and have been for the past half year you know and time consumption is mostly due to how I spend it outside of work. If I had those weekends off or later parts of the day I'd be spending that time playing games like SSBM for sure.

Edit: Oh wait **** college haha. Well, there's always SSBB online.

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
Allan started me up on the houston smash community, gl Allan

David i MIGHT decide to go tomorrow depending on my family so im gonna try to call you by 1pm, if you dont get a phone call by 1pm, assume im not going and go without me... remember.... by 1pm expect my call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom