• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

...............lock this

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I believe this list should include the bottom 5 characters in mid tier, because it doesnt do anything to have an accurate idea of what low tier can do when if you dont compare them to the mid tier to see who really is better than whom.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I believe this list should include the bottom 5 characters in mid tier, because it doesnt do anything to have an accurate idea of what low tier can do when if you dont compare them to the mid tier to see who really is better than whom.
I would ahve to disagree. The characters that are mid tier are mid tier simply because of how much better they are than those below them.
There is a noticeable difference between Sonic and Samus so it would be silly to try and compare the two.

However, in the case of Mario who is considered low tier, I do think we should compare him to Mid tier because of how unusual his placement is, especially with his tools and abilities.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
We could argue about the tier list all day guys. Don't start on a thread like this.
And why shouldn't we argue about it, according to you? I think this is a good project, since I believe many agree that for example Link belongs much higher in the tiers. Overall, low-tiers don't get many attention other than the exceptional player who wins this one tourney with Falcon or Jiggs.

I'll try to upload some vids of my Ike, but that'll take some time..

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I would ahve to disagree. The characters that are mid tier are mid tier simply because of how much better they are than those below them.
There is a noticeable difference between Sonic and Samus so it would be silly to try and compare the two.

However, in the case of Mario who is considered low tier, I do think we should compare him to Mid tier because of how unusual his placement is, especially with his tools and abilities.
If you feel ness or sonic or bowser is in the wrong place, then please post vids/results like all the others are doing.

We could argue about the tier list all day guys. Don't start on a thread like this.
Please do not go any further than you already have I understand you do not like my idea and thats fine. However, the thread is made and there seems to be LOTS of interest. Lets see where it goes.

TO ALL: PLEASE DO NOT ARGUE OR FLAME IN THIS THREAD.

JuJux

Smash Apprentice
European Tournaments.

All Zelda.

Geneva Brawl Garden 2, Switzerland (11/28-29/2009)
5th out of 51 singles
3rd out of 23 teams (Teamed with "Neath":Meta Knight)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=250948

Bushido Nibai Impact 3, France (January 30-31, 2010)
9th out of 105 singles
5th out of 32 teams (Teamed with "Kitsune-kun":Donkey Kong)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259909
(bracket : http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=338025Tablo_SSBB_BNI_3.jpg : Irios used Mario.)

yoshq

Smash Master
If you feel ness or sonic or bowser is in the wrong place, then please post vids/results like all the others are doing.

Please do not go any further than you already have I understand you do not like my idea and thats fine. However, the thread is made and there seems to be LOTS of interest. Lets see where it goes.

what... I love your idea. I didn't want to start a tier list discussion in this thread, because that could go on for pages.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
xyro, what Im saying is, ike is the top character in low tier, people feel that he should be mid tier.

gathering vids and results that show he is better than all the characters in low tier is moot, because hes already placed higher than those characters.

we need vids and results of ness, sonic, bowser, PT, and shiek to compare to ike so that we cna see
1. if he really is mid tier and
2. where in mid tier to place him

thats why i think you should have spots for those 5 characters in the OP.

also, i used ike for the example but it applies to every borderline low tier character.
it can even inversely apply to sonic because people think he SHOULD be low tier.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the regular tourney results are arguably to few and far between to get an accurate view of how good all the low tiers are in relation to each other, which is why low tier results are compiled here. and since low tier tourneys arent counted in ankokus list... they are brought here.

Xyro77

KID, i totally understand and kinda agree with you. My next project will include those 5 borderline characters and all of mid tier(top tier and high tier get the focus in EVERY game). The whole purpose of this thread is not to prove link goes EVEN vs olimar(for example) but rather to show the SBR what these LT characters are capable of. To this very day, people think link is bottom 2 in the game. After playing legan in a tourney set/mm AND teaming with him in LT teams.......thats impossible. I hope that with these RECENT vids and RECENT results it will open the eyes of the sbr when voting on the next tier list. No matter what happens, this type of light on LTs can ONLY help.

Sharky

Smash Master
*grabs shovel*
*insert a bunch of tourneys here*
---

Syracuse Smash 2

Upstate New York
jan. 30 2010
5$ entry fee.
27 entrants.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263507
1. Shadow *Split
1. DMBrandon *Split
1. Zucco * Split
4. PikaPika!
5. San Ike
5. Cura
7. Dr Grandpa
7. Snakeee

---
Sharky (Yoshi) got 9th in this tourney, couldn't help but notice that you mentioned ninth place in a few others but not this one.

J4pu

Smash Champion
So this is just a copy of the character rankings list and the best videos of each character threads but for only low tiers?
I don't see the point, if there was really a showing that these characters shouldn't be or are doing better than low tier, the statistics and videos would have showed up in those threads.

The only way for this to even make any sense is if somebody makes a mid tier version of this and some of mid tier is getting out-done by low tier, somebody should make one so that you can see that your characters (for the most part) do belong where they currently are.

Even if low tier showed less results, I would expect it's more due to the mid tier players not being overly absorbed in the "pride" of their character and therefore not going to great lengths to show them off.

TL;DR
This thread already exists, check the stickies, this is pointless

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the vids that get posted in the best vid thread are for every character and just like xyro said the focus is going to be on the best characters. and like i said earlier ankokus list doesnt include low tier tourneys, which is where we can really see what low tiers are doing. because they are being played (against each other) more extensively.

just because there are threads that incorporate some of the same ideas as this one, doesnt mean that the point of it is nullified since this one has a more defined purpose.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Sharky (Yoshi) got 9th in this tourney, couldn't help but notice that you mentioned ninth place in a few others but not this one.
I said I was digging for Ike results. If those tournaments happened to show other LT characters when I copy + pasted, so be it. However, if they showed pictures and I have to add in through text where Ike placed, you were on your own. And those 9th places were from results which for some reason showed them. >_>

Xyro77

So this is just a copy of the character rankings list and the best videos of each character threads but for only low tiers?
I don't see the point, if there was really a showing that these characters shouldn't be or are doing better than low tier, the statistics and videos would have showed up in those threads.

The only way for this to even make any sense is if somebody makes a mid tier version of this and some of mid tier is getting out-done by low tier, somebody should make one so that you can see that your characters (for the most part) do belong where they currently are.

Even if low tier showed less results, I would expect it's more due to the mid tier players not being overly absorbed in the "pride" of their character and therefore not going to great lengths to show them off.

TL;DR
This thread already exists, check the stickies, this is pointless
Please use common sense and re-read the front page. Everything you posted is wrong and off track.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Please use common sense and re-read the front page. Everything you posted is wrong and off track.
Believe it or not, I did and that's what I responded to with my post, maybe you should reword the OP so as not to give the wrong idea?
Maybe its just me but with each new tier list i feel that low tier gets **** on pretty badly. Its not the SBR's fault and its not the way we go about voting. Its THE PLAYERS(myself included) fault and i have a way to fix that. If you WANT to get your character OUT of low tier or at least get them CLOSER to where you think he/she should be, please read below and help me out.
Other than that line, the intentions of this thread are made kind of vague:
"low tier gets **** on" -they get insulted? they get put in unwarranted positions on the tier list? They belong in low tier but the potential that people who dont main them see is lacking?
"Its the players' fault" -fault for not placing high enough and proving they are better than low tier? fault for not being active in the other threads that show off characters?
because of this, I used the one clear definite sentence to define the direction you were going with this thread

You want to make a thread merely to show that the average player thinks *character* is worse than they actually are? fine. You want to have a place to keep all the low tier tourney placings? fine
but you may want to fix the ambiguity in the OP about what this thread is actually about.

Sharky

Smash Master
I said I was digging for Ike results. If those tournaments happened to show other LT characters when I copy + pasted, so be it. However, if they showed pictures and I have to add in through text where Ike placed, you were on your own. And those 9th places were from results which for some reason showed them. >_>
didn't catch that, my apologies lol

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Proof Link is better than common belief.
and legan is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlJLgtaMMuw&feature=player_embedded
Link has ALL (and I mean ALL) the tools to be better than half the characters in mid-tier. His only bad point is his recovery. It was the same problem in melee and the solution is still the same; just DI up.

As much as I hate comparing the two, Link is probably the most unchanged character from Melee. If anything he was buffed with more damage, kill power, and tools to work with. All he lost was his tether on walls and his Spin Attack's vertical distance was barely shortened. (and L-Canceling if that even counts)

The sooner people can realize this, the sooner he's going to shoot up on the tier list.

But what do I know?

Xyro77

Believe it or not, I did and that's what I responded to with my post, maybe you should reword the OP so as not to give the wrong idea?

Other than that line, the intentions of this thread are made kind of vague:
"low tier gets **** on" -they get insulted? they get put in unwarranted positions on the tier list? They belong in low tier but the potential that people who dont main them see is lacking?
"Its the players' fault" -fault for not placing high enough and proving they are better than low tier? fault for not being active in the other threads that show off characters?
because of this, I used the one clear definite sentence to define the direction you were going with this thread

You want to make a thread merely to show that the average player thinks *character* is worse than they actually are? fine. You want to have a place to keep all the low tier tourney placings? fine
but you may want to fix the ambiguity in the OP about what this thread is actually about.
Please leave. you still dont get it and never will.

Link has ALL (and I mean ALL) the tools to be better than half the characters in mid-tier. His only bad point is his recovery. It was the same problem in melee and the solution is still the same; just DI up.

As much as I hate comparing the two, Link is probably the most unchanged character from Melee. If anything he was buffed with more damage, kill power, and tools to work with. All he lost was his tether on walls and his Spin Attack's vertical distance was barely shortened. (and L-Canceling if that even counts)

The sooner people can realize this, the sooner he's going to shoot up on the tier list.

But what do I know?
YOU KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING <3

and nerfed with less sheild poking capabilities, worse recovery links recovery in melee is actually quite good, air dodge > tether makes you able to avoid some gimp scenarios other charcter would get instakilled from, worse nair, worse utilt, worse spin attack, less damaging rang, grab game, geez I really miss links grab game, lost illusion stab, lost bomb jump, bomb pitching, bomb planting nerfed(okay I never used it XD). probs missed things.

On the other hand he got a lot of things, locking game, speedier spam game and more versatile spam game(kinda), the zair, killing potential, jab cancel, lolish good edgeguard, whiplash, strange movement methods.

Actually brawl links recovery has way more options, it just happen to really suck lengthwise.

link can probs not compete with mid tiers but he is underestimated.

@j4pu: obvious troll is obvious, your posts have no purpous, this thread will never stop rolling(or at least not before we are satisfied with how the low tiers are arranged)

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
~Heading to a tourney on march 27th. Hopefully if all goes well I can get some samus vids against a top player or in some serious friendlies.

Results of a recent smash fest:

vBrawl Results
1st: Calzorz (Snake)
2nd: Trio3 (Marth)
3rd: KillerJawz (Samus)
4th: Kira! (Falco)
5th: Cong (Diddy)
6th: Jolteon (Metaknight)
7th: Dooan (Snake)
8th: K.Mac (Metaknight)
9th: MTR (Lucario)
10th: Kyoshi (Yoshi)

Low Tier Results
1st: Trio3 (Link)
2nd: KillerJawz (Samus)
3rd: Kira! (Ness)
4th: Calzorz (Falcon)
5th: K.Mac (Yoshi)
5th: Kyoshi (Yoshi)
7th: MTR (Ike)
7th: Dooan (Bowser)
-----Unranked
-----Unranked

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=267325

Xyro77

update will be tonite or tomorrow morning. i got some results for samus.

Gys, thanks so much for the input. KEEP IT UP!

Xyro77

please post the link to the tourney when you post results or else i cant use them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom