• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lol at the sudden influx of Wolf lovers

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
I was checking GameFAQs and suddenly many people make topics on liking Wolf. I find it funny, as before, he was getting much hate.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
That's probably because people are realising just how different Wolf and Fox are.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
I've been meaning to main wolf back when i thought he was going to be in melee so...

And yea, i guess people just jumped the gun on their wolf hate.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Yeah. And people are actually seeing the differences in the Landmasters! They're currently saying Wolf's the best Landmaster.

*PS sig is now English

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
Wolf IS the best landmaster... but i'ts supposed to be shorter....

stil a **** unoriginal FS if you ask me...

and that's cause wolf is a Badass character who like to eat pokemons at breakfast... he is somewhat.. trying to fill the big hole left by mewtwo and ridley and an awkward running ganondorf....

as for me... my fav starfox character since sf 64 came out.. so I don't worry... only hope that it doesn't end like some kind of "sheik" or "marth" in melee...

Edit: lol... D-A-M-N was censored???? since when is a "bad word"????

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
i knew Wolf was going to be over-used from the first time i found out about him being in so im not too surprised. He is probably my secondary running a close race for Marth(my favorite character) as my main.

Star Wolf Forever!

Viroxor

Smash Ace
That's spelled with a K, just so you know, kid. And meh, most Star Fox fans don't, me included, mostly because she represents the furries trying to overrun our dear series.

Gen2K

Smash Rookie
I think most of this newfound love for Wolf comes from the fact that his F-smash is incredible. His other normals are great too, I prefer his D-smash for KO'ing, but a lot of new players will think his F-smash is the second coming or something.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
I personally don't like Wolf as a character, in SSB or StarFox. He plays the anti-hero part well but I've just never been into him.
Honestly though people probiblly migrate to Wolf not because they like him in their SSB or as a character but because so far he seems to be a very good character and what do ya know? People like good characters.

Off topic: I'm a fur, I like Krystal and I resent the generalizations. Furs arn't trying to 'take over' StarFox, its just a subject we'd naturaly be into (duh?). I'll tell you know the furry fandom has been around MUCH longer then StarFox has been so its a safe bet to assume StarFox has had its share or furry fans from the begining. So really, Krystal would have nothing to do with Viroxor's ignorent comment.
/end rant

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
It's just because there were a ton of angry Krystal fanboys who were pissed because she didn't make it in and he did.

But now they're dead.

S0X

Smash Cadet
As soon as I saw a pic of Wolf I knew I would main him, I unlocked him today and hes awesome.

treble clef

Smash Rookie
I'll admit, when I saw that Wolf was the final known character, I was upset. I wanted Krystal, not someone who seemed like a second Fox clone alongside Falco.
A few days later, I saw a video of Wolf for the first time. I've been in love ever since.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
Always been a fan of Wolf and was quite excited to see him in Brawl. The Shadow Moses Wolf vs. Falco match is the one that sold me, though. Way too epic for any one person to handle.

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
Ever since I saw Wolf as a playable character I've wanted to main him. Heck, I was sad when he wasn't in melee. They even had him in the opening cematic! But yeah, I just recently unlocked him (first thing I did, beat SSE and unlock wolf) and almost played him exclusivly today... I feel like I'm ignoring Olimar and Ganon...

Rangles

Smash Rookie
Wolf's Fsmash IS the secondcoming.

And it isn't for it's KO ability Ill tell you that much.

Just A Gamer

Smash Cadet
Okay, I'll admit it, i thought he was a fox clone at first too. When i saw his b-moves and final smash, i was sure of it. Then i unlocked him. Thinking he was a bit like a fox, i tried him out. Then i realized "..wow...this guy is great! He's not a fox, but he's so good!" and he's been my main ever since. :p

StephDaSquirtle

Smash Rookie
Wolf is an ANIMAL
My friend told me how to get him last night....and I got him......and I tried playing with him....oh wow.

WAAAAAY better and easier to control than Fox or Falco lol

Psyflame

Smash Cadet
That's spelled with a K, just so you know, kid. And meh, most Star Fox fans don't, me included, mostly because she represents the furries trying to overrun our dear series.
Could you please be more condescending and pretentious next time you address someone you've never met? Thanks.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
As far as I know, it's only a small group of vocal furries. She has more non-furs fans. Most furs are fans of Fox, Falco and Wolf.

Robling

Smash Rookie
I came to Wolf for the howl. I stuck around for the accent. I stayed for the brutality.

Seriously though, he's a fun character. I was looking forward to him when he was announced, he's a cool foil for Fox in the Starfox games.

That_Move_is_Key

Smash Cadet
furries.............? what's that?
You don't want to know.

I really like wolf, he's an incredibly fun character. I can't seem to win with him, though, or rather I die too quickly...
I'm really annoyed with his dash attack, though, it's so obnoxious to use, without the fact that he runs so slow and his foxtrot is so short.
I never really got into playing either fox or falco, but I really want to be able to kick *** with wolf.

solesoul

Smash Apprentice
Wolf's Fsmash IS the secondcoming.

And it isn't for it's KO ability Ill tell you that much.
Quoted for truth.
I mained Sheik in Melee, and since I think that she's not even the same character anmore (just a poser in Sheik's clothing), I've fallen love with other characters. Pit may be my main, but I've found that I can play Wolf in a manner that is similar to Sheik, so I'm making him my second. Who knows, I can change my main anytime, the games only been out for a week!

DeviL-LCF

Smash Rookie
From the first video I seen of Wolf I knew I'd of mained him just by the way he moved. Besides my favorite animal has always been the Wolf so... hes got every reasons for me to main him. Wolf being an awesome character just makes it that much easier for me to play with him anyways. Although all this hype and attention to him does get annoying but what can you say, he might become the next "Marth" of SSBM. Hes just an all-around solid character with few weaknesses.

WKx7x

Smash Cadet
Haha, yeah. I like using Wolf a lot, mainly because he fight a lot like Falco did in melee and falco was my main back then. I think he's one of those characters where people either own with him or are complete failures with him :laugh:

J0K3R

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is kind of a luigified version of Fox, like to relationship of mario to luigi in melee, hence the verb

therefore, i love a slower more bad *** version of fox

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Actually, Wolf and Lucas are more of their own definition... say... a Wolfied version of Fox/Ness.

FuryX

Smash Cadet
first times i saw wolf played in youtube videos, i thought he was going to suck ( little did i know it was really the people who sucked) and then for the first time i played as him a few days ago, at a friends house and i won like 4 times in a row. now i unlocked him in my game and i have been using him ever since and winning plenty of matches. now i am going to main him along with meta knight and maybe snake.

quarzark

Smash Rookie
He's probably one of the most fun characters to play in brawl, his up taunt is awesome, and to be honest, I love the fact that his power, weight, speed, and combo-bility are all just perfect for my play-style.

And his N-Air makes me wet myself everytime I use it. no lag ftw.

Curse marke Sasuke

Smash Rookie
They're like scene kids.
The main reason so many people I know of are flocking to Wolf is simply because he is a great character. Though, before the release of the game, they were ranting on how he was just another Fox clone and didn't deserve the slot.
I love Wolf (wanted and suggested him since 2004), but I don't main him.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Top Bottom