• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London Melee and Brawl Ranbat June 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Neo empire is a gaming forum with a Smash Bros. Section monitored by Fuzzyness. They like to keep it serious and post only the important smash news and events there, so you don't have to sift through 100 pages of random stuff to find something informative.

On the downside, it's nowhere near as fun.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Neo empire is a gaming forum with a Smash Bros. Section monitored by Fuzzyness. They like to keep it serious and post only the important smash news and events there, so you don't have to sift through 100 pages of random stuff to find something informative.

On the downside, it's nowhere near as fun.
oh ok thanks for the info koop :)

Default_951

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I've never really posted in any other tourney threads before, but me and three mates are interested in Oct 4th. None of us too pro at melee, but I'm sure we can put up a fight. Coming from Haywards Heath (just north of brighton >.<) if that makes any diff. Hope thats alright

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
Ok with only one more week until the next ranbattle I wanna do a little update

1: Ive removed the interested section, too many people are interested and wont go, instead theyll go the week after
2: Can people get to TC's at 12? This is to ensure we actually have to time to do it
3: No johns

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Hey, I've never really posted in any other tourney threads before, but me and three mates are interested in Oct 4th. None of us too pro at melee, but I'm sure we can put up a fight. Coming from Haywards Heath (just north of brighton >.<) if that makes any diff. Hope thats alright
Good to hear your interested but I agree with Frozenwave in too many people saying they are interested. It will be good if you could make it though but thanks for saying something as the London smash community is starting to get VERY big now and the last ranbat was a success and this one is gonna be bigger so hopefully your there. You have msn?

Dude, this is going to be fun! :D
You still bringin your friends and stuff. And you looking to get far enough in the tourn for your vid to be recorded (on melee of course lol)

Ok with only one more week until the next ranbattle I wanna do a little update

1: Ive removed the interested section, too many people are interested and wont go, instead theyll go the week after
2: Can people get to TC's at 12? This is to ensure we actually have to time to do it
3: No johns
I agree.... except for 3 which made me upset.

Default_951

Smash Apprentice
I'll pm you my msn, but what I meant by interested was 'would like to come if there is space'. Money and travel aren't an issue, so if its kl with you guys, and i can get directions we'll almost definitely be there . I think two of my mates only wanna do brawl though, seeing as none of us ever got too far in to melee's meta game, whereas we're all semi decent in brawl. I know that at least two of us will be in Melee, even if its just for fun.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'll pm you my msn, but what I meant by interested was 'would like to come if there is space'. Money and travel aren't an issue, so if its kl with you guys, and i can get directions we'll almost definitely be there . I think two of my mates only wanna do brawl though, seeing as none of us ever got too far in to melee's meta game, whereas we're all semi decent in brawl. I know that at least two of us will be in Melee, even if its just for fun.
Well I am not the best to give you directions so its best for you to ask Tails Chao or someonelse who knows how to give you directions to it.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
The only route I know from Haywards Heath is by train but it's really quite expensive... according to http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ the cheapest ticket on October the 4th to Surbiton is £18.40 (per adult). I'd keep that in mind before travelling.

There might be a cheaper train or bus route but I'm not sure of one. If there's a bus route it will probably end up really cheap, coaches will be about the same or more.

EDIT: Haywards Heath is in West Sussex from what I see. There's a 465 bus from West Sussex to Surbiton.

ROUTE 465: Arriva West Sussex

Kingston Cromwell Road Bus Station, Kingston Eden Street, Kingston High Street & Council Offices, Surbiton Road, Surbiton Crescent, Claremont Road, Surbiton Station, Upper Brighton Road, Hook Kingston By-Pass, Hook Library, Hook Road, Chessington World of Adventures, Malden Ruhett The Star, Kingston Road, (Leatherhead Bull Hill (towards Dorking)/Leatherhead Station (towards Kingston)), Leatherhead Leisure Centre, Guildford Road, Youngs Street, Old London Road, Mickleham Church, Burfirld Bridge Hotel, London Road, Dorking Station, Dorking High Street, Dorking Townfieild Court.

Daily

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
I can bring a TV, gamecube and copy of melee if I can find a way to get it to Tails' house. It's like a 1 minute drive so if I can find someone to help me take it I could bring it round.

Looks like we'll have a looot of people there. My friend "manguy" (lol) will be going I assume and I might bring someone else too. If we do this with so many people we'll need these peoples to turn up on time or whatever so we can get stuff organised. =]

With so many people going to be here this time, we might even need to list who is going and who can bring stuff. Also, I think if 30+ people go, TC's mom might DIE. xD

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The only route I know from Haywards Heath is by train but it's really quite expensive... according to http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ the cheapest ticket on October the 4th to Surbiton is £18.40 (per adult). I'd keep that in mind before travelling.

There might be a cheaper train or bus route but I'm not sure of one. If there's a bus route it will probably end up really cheap, coaches will be about the same or more.

EDIT: Haywards Heath is in West Sussex from what I see. There's a 465 bus from West Sussex to Surbiton.

ROUTE 465: Arriva West Sussex

Kingston Cromwell Road Bus Station, Kingston Eden Street, Kingston High Street & Council Offices, Surbiton Road, Surbiton Crescent, Claremont Road, Surbiton Station, Upper Brighton Road, Hook Kingston By-Pass, Hook Library, Hook Road, Chessington World of Adventures, Malden Ruhett The Star, Kingston Road, (Leatherhead Bull Hill (towards Dorking)/Leatherhead Station (towards Kingston)), Leatherhead Leisure Centre, Guildford Road, Youngs Street, Old London Road, Mickleham Church, Burfirld Bridge Hotel, London Road, Dorking Station, Dorking High Street, Dorking Townfieild Court.

Daily
Cant they get a one day travelcard and get on the train to your house?

I can bring a TV, gamecube and copy of melee if I can find a way to get it to Tails' house. It's like a 1 minute drive so if I can find someone to help me take it I could bring it round.

Looks like we'll have a looot of people there. My friend "manguy" (lol) will be going I assume and I might bring someone else too. If we do this with so many people we'll need these peoples to turn up on time or whatever so we can get stuff organised. =]

With so many people going to be here this time, we might even need to list who is going and who can bring stuff. Also, I think if 30+ people go, TC's mom might DIE. xD
I am looking to get there about 10ish tbh so I can get on a TV and stay due to the amount of people coming lol. I dunno if I MIGHT (main word being MIGHT) be able to help you carry the stuff to TC's.
Who has confirmed that they are bringing a TV and cubes and melees and stuff so I know if I have to bring my gamecube and melee disc or not cos I aint carrying it if it isnt needed. Yeah there is gonna be alot of people though and looking to **** each one:)

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I think I'll be arriving in Purley at around 10am, so maybe get to TCs for around 11 to 11-30ish, is that ok?

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
We really need a list on who is going and stuff so we can get it all organised else it'll end up running on past midnight. O.O

If anyone wants/needs to the offer is still open to go mine early morning or the day before. We want to get as many as we can to this and make it a proper ranbat. ^_^

Oh, and can I PLEASE stress for people to bring their own controllers and to bring money with them? =P

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I think I'll be arriving in Purley at around 10am, so maybe get to TCs for around 11 to 11-30ish, is that ok?
Everyone is wanted at TC at 12ish so there is alright, but I highly recommed that you take down TC number just for directions when you are at Surbiton station. I highly recommend this for ANY new people as it is a lil bit of a bus journey from there. About a 4 stop bus journey on the 281 bus stop. Oh yeah you play melee, I have prob asked you before but there are sooo many smashers who I havent seen in real life on London boards so I tend to forget lol. If so who do you play.

We really need a list on who is going and stuff so we can get it all organised else it'll end up running on past midnight. O.O

If anyone wants/needs to the offer is still open to go mine early morning or the day before. We want to get as many as we can to this and make it a proper ranbat. ^_^

Oh, and can I PLEASE stress for people to bring their own controllers and to bring money with them? =P
Yeah I know.

Off the top off my head these are the people that I have been told that are coming

Professor Pro
The Last Dragon
4stock
Edwin
Chrisboi
Frostbyte
Fuzzyness
Kman
(Kman lil bro)
(Kman lil bro)
Pops
Kritz + 3
Pikachao
Neutreal Shadow
Yeniths
PMS
King
Rustediron plus the 3 people he was with at the last ranbat
Manguy
And some of the people that were at TC smashfest which was about 8 people........ :S too much to remember people need to state on their own if they are coming even if they have said it already so maybe we can get a list and a more precise number of how many people are coming.

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
You can add my friend "manguy" to that list. He'll be going. He mains marth.

Oh, can we please advertise for people to bring DSes? It's a good way to kill time while waiting to play because there really aren't enough TVs there for people to be constantly playing. I'm thinking just bring MK:DS and we can do some matches again. =]

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
VA is a dumas$

You can add my friend "manguy" to that list. He'll be going. He mains marth.

Oh, can we please advertise for people to bring DSes? It's a good way to kill time while waiting to play because there really aren't enough TVs there for people to be constantly playing. I'm thinking just bring MK:DS and we can do some matches again. =]
I agree. It is a good way to kill time due to is usually being the old people that stay on due to the usual rule winner stays on but I think that the main concern is how many TV's are we gonna get so we dont have to reduce it to us having to try to find somethingelse to do while waiting.

Jolteon

I need someone to bring a Wii+Brawl as well because mine freezes whenever someone uses Fludd or Water gun lol. They aren't too useful but it'd suck if it froze on a ranked event.

Cant they get a one day travelcard and get on the train to your house?
Travelcards are only for London.

Unless the TV is HUGE then I'll carry it/help carry it for you.

Sure. =) Putney isn't far and 12ish is when we want to start.

Also PPro I agree with you lool, would be nice if everyone could just play Smash rather then playing on a DS while others are playing Smash.

Also I know most people like Melee but keep in mind that a few people may want to play Brawl instead (a.k.a last Smashfest) so I think we should still have 1-2 brawl setups.

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
Assuming we have someone with a car or something or some way of bringing it we can get a TV or maybe two from my house. My Wii doesn't let melee work for some reason though so I can only bring 1 GC and one copy of melee...

That makes up 4 TVs 3 cube/Wiis so if someone can bring a cube or something and some people could bring Melee copies that'd be quite good. Maybe we could pull some down from someone else's house too? I know me and TC's friend lives like right round the corner, we could steal one from his house? xD

Both the TVs are like the size of the one in your room maybe a li'l smaller.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Sure. =) Putney isn't far and 12ish is when we want to start.
He said Purley not Putney lol.

How come you are getting dropped at Purley Yeniths? btw thats not too far from where I live so there may be a chance of us lot meeting somewhere and me helping you get up there.

Assuming we have someone with a car or something or some way of bringing it we can get a TV or maybe two from my house. My Wii doesn't let melee work for some reason though so I can only bring 1 GC and one copy of melee...

That makes up 4 TVs 3 cube/Wiis so if someone can bring a cube or something and some people could bring Melee copies that'd be quite good. Maybe we could pull some down from someone else's house too? I know me and TC's friend lives like right round the corner, we could steal one from his house? xD

Both the TVs are like the size of the one in your room maybe a li'l smaller.
I can bring a cube and melee which I will be checking on alot cos tbh I dont trust everyone fully as I dont know everyone lol.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I live quiet a long way from London, visiting my bro and attending this on the weekend, which is why I'm getting dropped off there.
I main Marth in melee, Shiek in brawl.

I'll be able to bring wii+brawl+melee if you need it.

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
"which I will be checking on alot cos tbh I dont trust everyone fully as I dont know everyone lol."

Nothing happened to my melee copy or pads or anything the last few times I went. I doubt anyone's gonna take your stuff.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I live quiet a long way from London, visiting my bro and attending this on the weekend, which is why I'm getting dropped off there.

Oh yeah now I remember you sayin that you were going to visit your bro and I asked if would be able to come round. You stilll up for any games before the ranbat....not before as in on the day lol I mean like on Friday or something? In brawl and melee (but mostly melee :))

Nothing happened to my melee copy or pads or anything the last few times I went. I doubt anyone's gonna take your stuff.
Yeah I know its unlikely to happened but my automatically reflexs to the safety and the knowing of where my property is around people I dont know screams different lol. I am bringing my cube anyway so I am puttin trust in the community.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Oh yeah now I remember you sayin that you were going to visit your bro and I asked if would be able to come round. You stilll up for any games before the ranbat....not before as in on the day lol I mean like on Friday or something? In brawl and melee (but mostly melee :))
Yeah I'd be up for some games, but I'd have to check nearer the time, i'll get back to you.

Jolteon

wii+brawl would be fine because all the other cubes will have melee with them, and thanks. =)

Since when do you main shiek in brawl yen!?
he has for a while now lol.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Since when do you main shiek in brawl yen!?
Quiet a while now, I started using Shiek a month or so after TKI, my Falco has still improved of course, and is as strong as my Shiek. Been using alot of Marth and ICs too, but their not tourney ready just yet :p

wii+brawl would be fine because all the other cubes will have melee with them, and thanks. =).
OK, I'll bring it with me. You still using Marth in melee? Look forward to giving you some games.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Shiek is e-z mode of advanced techniques. So easy to get good with ^_^
LOL advanced techs in brawl^^. but yeah, there is some cool things you can do with her, fun to play as Shiek too.

I could bring my wii, brawl and melee again, but they'd all be NTSC-J :S
As far as i know, PAL and NTSC brawl are the same? My brawl copy would also be NTSC. Melee is where you run into trouble.

rustediron

Smash Lord
As far as i know, PAL and NTSC brawl are the same? My brawl copy would also be NTSC. Melee is where you run into trouble.
Yeah, I think the gameplay would be the same for brawl, otherwise it'd probably run into trouble during online play. But some TV's don't like NTSC-J and it turns into black and white :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom