• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London Melee and Brawl Ranbat June 27th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I just spoke to someone on msn who said it is VERY likely they are coming and he is excited but he doesnt come on smashboards that much and he is bringin two people with him lol. I am going to ask him to come on msn because seriously we need a list so we are prepared.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
the list is getting too big o_0

Tc parents are gonna freak if we all come

unless we do the ranbats at a venue ?
Yeah I know but we have to see how this tourn turns out before we book a hall cos for all we know 10 people could arrive lol. Highly unlikely but you get the point I am making.
I have a hall near me which will defintely be able to hold a ranbat but due to a big change in location i am not too sure if everyone could attend. I live in Thornton Heath and its close to the station.

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
I doubt his dad will mind as long as you're all pretty much polite. Last time his mom was out so idk...

Anyways, if you're all nice they're not going to mind you sitting in their living room playing smash bros. and sitting in the garden talking and playing DS are they? Ehh, I guess it's their choice.

He should ask how many can come and we'll cut off all the people that signed up latest if it's too many. You also have to allow for the fact that some people might not even end up making it there.

With all these people, it'll take some organising. If you want to get there early or whatever I still have room for someone to stay remember, it might help because the trains can be busy on saturdays when people commute.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
I doubt his dad will mind as long as you're all pretty much polite. Last time his mom was out so idk...

Anyways, if you're all nice they're not going to mind you sitting in their living room playing smash bros. and sitting in the garden talking and playing DS are they? Ehh, I guess it's their choice.

He should ask how many can come and we'll cut off all the people that signed up latest if it's too many. You also have to allow for the fact that some people might not even end up making it there.

With all these people, it'll take some organising. If you want to get there early or whatever I still have room for someone to stay remember, it might help because the trains can be busy on saturdays when people commute.
Ghayness

also hmmm you are housing cool

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
Well you have to respect what TC's parents would want, and yeah but I probably only have a bed for one unless anyone else that wanted to stay would be up for sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag or something.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Quiet a while now, I started using Shiek a month or so after TKI, my Falco has still improved of course, and is as strong as my Shiek. Been using alot of Marth and ICs too, but their not tourney ready just yet :p

OK, I'll bring it with me. You still using Marth in melee? Look forward to giving you some games.
tbh Sheik is actually looking very tempting in Melee lol. But yes atm it's still Marth and then Falco, will probably play a bit of Sheik too. :v

I could bring my wii, brawl and melee again, but they'd all be NTSC-J :S
My brawl is ntsc-j and it works fine on my tv. o.o Although I only need one copy so we may as well just use Yenith's, I think we have enough cubes now because we don't have that many TVs lol (like 4-5 hopefully).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
tbh Sheik is actually looking very tempting in Melee lol. But yes atm it's still Marth and then Falco, will probably play a bit of Sheik too. :v
There are some people I rarely get to play at smashfests and ranbats and for reason you are one of them lol. But I want to play your sheik, I remember the last time I played you on saturday in the first match and I 4stock you in like 59 secs or something with my fox and your marth lol. I did some incredible combos.

2500th post BABY.
I think there is a mistake for my thing underneath my name. It should say Smash GOD!
I wanna make a few shoutouts

London - Is getting too good and interesting
Ppro - You are amazing and you will be Charles in the finals at the ranbat this time.

Done!

Kasper!

Smash Lord
me (kira) and my friend mako are coming to this ranbat so dont count us out, only playing brawl sadly

things i need to bring

1) Gamecube controller
2) My skills

Things i might bring

1) Nintendo Ds along with mario kart and jump ultimate stars

Yeniths

East Midlands!
me (kira) and my friend mako are coming to this ranbat so dont count us out, only playing brawl sadly

things i need to bring

1) Gamecube controller
2) My skills

Things i might bring

1) Nintendo Ds along with mario kart and jump ultimate stars
Oh:) you play jump? make sure to bring it along with you:), havn't had anyone decent to play in ages.

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
I get the feeling that there will be a LOT of people at this ranbat. So bring your own controllers and stuff! xD
I'll be improved next time we meet so get ready for me to be half decent (still can't double laser ****IT).

Oh, and the place for staying at mine for a day or whatever is still open if anyone cares. =3

rustediron

Smash Lord
If you have a spare computer monitor, I think my friend has a SCART -> DVI converter?
Looking forward to playing people at TC's level that he hasn't played yet :3

Yeniths

East Midlands!
You'll have to play me with your shiek vs. my never before seen tournament ready ZSS yen.

D3 eats shiek :p
Lol defiantly, but nah, my Shiek can take a D3 anyday. Look forward to playing you. My revenge calls!

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
Hmm, 40+ nerdy smashbros. people in TC's living room. LETS PARTAY!

Someone bring mini-oreos please. The shops where I live don't sell the packs of mini-oreos.

Jolteon

If you have a spare computer monitor, I think my friend has a SCART -> DVI converter?
Looking forward to playing people at TC's level that he hasn't played yet :3
I don't think I have got one . :x

Hmm, 40+ nerdy smashbros. people in TC's living room. LETS PARTAY!

Someone bring mini-oreos please. The shops where I live don't sell the packs of mini-oreos.
Just buy regular ones lol.

Almost 100% certain I'm coming
Ok sounds good, you're one of the few people I've had on msn for a while but never met irl lol so it should be interesting.

if VA is going im 100% going
Same as above.

There are some people I rarely get to play at smashfests and ranbats and for reason you are one of them lol. But I want to play your sheik, I remember the last time I played you on saturday in the first match and I 4stock you in like 59 secs or something with my fox and your marth lol. I did some incredible combos.

2500th post BABY.
I think there is a mistake for my thing underneath my name. It should say Smash GOD!
I wanna make a few shoutouts

London - Is getting too good and interesting
Ppro - You are amazing and you will be Charles in the finals at the ranbat this time.

Done!
tbh you are right lol, I'll make sure it doesn't happen this time. :)

shadowlaw9000

Smash Rookie
hey guys. Me and my little bro would like to attend this event, we are quite new to the scene but we have been playing the game for quite so time now. Also would it be ok if I could come around 3pm as I would have to be somewhere from 10am-1pm. Thanks it would be fun playing you guys.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
if VA is going im 100% going
loool So you would only go if VA is defintely going. Sexy name there though Edwin :)

edwin had an account name change? wtf. watch yourselves, it's coming.
Remember it was his original name unti Fuzzyness convinced him to change to that dumb name he had before ToS. Before he didnt have the 2000 there though. Hope to see you at the ranbat and are you gonna host smashfests in Brighton still.

Same as above.
Do you have a choice you live there lol.
hey guys. Me and my little bro would like to attend this event, we are quite new to the scene but we have been playing the game for quite so time now. Also would it be ok if I could come around 3pm as I would have to be somewhere from 10am-1pm. Thanks it would be fun playing you guys.
Thats kool. Are you japanesedragon on msn? Anyway it will be good to see you. Unfortantely you will not be able to enter in the tourn due to it starting at 12ish BUT you have plenty of time for friendlies and watching interesting side events and stuff.

MAYBE if there is enough people.... after the ranbat we can have a crew battle since it involves everyone even if you are not playing and it contains lots of lulz. The teams should be sorted out by the placing of people in the ranbat.... ANYONELSE up for this? And we should DEFINTELY have enough time.

Pikachao

Smash Cadet
MAYBE if there is enough people.... after the ranbat we can have a crew battle since it involves everyone even if you are not playing and it contains lots of lulz. The teams should be sorted out by the placing of people in the ranbat.... ANYONELSE up for this? And we should DEFINTELY have enough time.
Sounds great, I'd be up for that. Man there's gonna be a hell of a lot of people at TCs! =]

Just ask if you need directions I guess and we'll see ya there shadowlaw! =D

Default_951

Smash Apprentice
The only route I know from Haywards Heath is by train but it's really quite expensive... according to http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ the cheapest ticket on October the 4th to Surbiton is £18.40 (per adult). I'd keep that in mind before travelling.

There might be a cheaper train or bus route but I'm not sure of one. If there's a bus route it will probably end up really cheap, coaches will be about the same or more.

Daily
As theres four of us we can get group save on a travel card which gets us on any bus and train in London for about £9 (each). We were all prepared to pay about £22 anyway, so its gonna be less then we planned for. I'll check with the peeps tomorrow that its 100% confirmed, but I shouldn't see any reason why it wouldn't be.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
As theres four of us we can get group save on a travel card which gets us on any bus and train in London for about Ј9 (each). We were all prepared to pay about Ј22 anyway, so its gonna be less then we planned for. I'll check with the peeps tomorrow that its 100% confirmed, but I shouldn't see any reason why it wouldn't be.
That is really great to here, can you confirm by 2moro how much of you is going iswell

I say we include a new rule in melee.... ITEMS ON http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ggN9xBvAI lol

Professor Pro
The Last Dragon
4stock
Edwin
Chrisboi
Frostbyte
Frozenwave
Fuzzyness
Kman
(Kman lil bro)
(Kman lil bro)
Pops
Kritz + 3
Pikachao
Neutreal Shadow
Yeniths
PMS
King
Rustediron + 3 (forgot you lots names lol would be helpful if one of you lot can tell me)
Manguy
VA

Someone say if there name has not been mentioned because I know I have missed out a few.

Jolteon

As theres four of us we can get group save on a travel card which gets us on any bus and train in London for about £9 (each). We were all prepared to pay about £22 anyway, so its gonna be less then we planned for. I'll check with the peeps tomorrow that its 100% confirmed, but I shouldn't see any reason why it wouldn't be.
Okay then. Great to hear and thanks for showing enough determination to get to this.

That is really great to here, can you confirm by 2moro how much of you is going iswell

I say we include a new rule in melee.... ITEMS ON http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2ggN9xBvAI lol

Professor Pro
The Last Dragon
4stock
Edwin
Chrisboi
Frostbyte
Frozenwave
Fuzzyness
Kman
(Kman lil bro)
(Kman lil bro)
Pops
Kritz + 3
Pikachao
Neutreal Shadow
Yeniths
PMS
King
Rustediron + 3 (forgot you lots names lol would be helpful if one of you lot can tell me)
Manguy
VA

Someone say if there name has not been mentioned because I know I have missed out a few.
lol that vid was so awesome I watched it twice (!) Reminded me of a 64 combo vid.

rustediron

Smash Lord
I'm bringing Tamoo and Clockmire, another friend (George) said yes as well, but I'll need to confirm.
People who are getting the train from Wimbledon should all meet up there, then we can try and get Groupsave tickets to save money :D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Professor Pro
The Last Dragon
4stock
Edwin
Chrisboi
Frostbyte
Frozenwave
Fuzzyness
Kman
(Kman lil bro)
(Kman lil bro)
Pops
Kritz + 3
Pikachao
Neutreal Shadow
Yeniths
PMS
King
Rustediron
George
Tamoo
Clockmire
(+ Friend George)
Manguy
VA

This is the current list now.

I cant to that group save thing because I just get a one day travelcard for £2 lol.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
Crew match would be great, shame I'm like the only non-londoner, or could have London vs something :p

Koop_88

Smash Journeyman
Lol defiantly, but nah, my Shiek can take a D3 anyday. Look forward to playing you. My revenge calls!
My D3 has been tuned up hardcore, you'll have to beat my zss to be worthy lol jk. Sounds awesome dude looking forward too it I'll be at the next london ranbat. I smell a good doubles team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom