• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London 'Out of Con'Trolls' Tournament - 14th January MELEE + BRAWL

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Professor Pro > Please add Deimos as interested :)
We should all (Deimos, Nives, Yami and I) be able to book the next week if everything is aight (so we'll be looking for a place with 4 spots available for the friday night).

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Sup again, I've been looking around and there are cheap flies to quite a few london airports, Can anyone write me down a priority list from better to worse to get to the venue/housing? These are the options: Gatwick, Stansted, Luton International, some are a bit more expensive but if they are closer to the venue we don't mind taking those.

As soon as we know that info we'll book for one. Also We are going to stay until early monday (As of now the plane on monday should leave pretty early so we would only need housing from friday to sat and sat to sunday.)

Zoler

Smash Ace
I'll probably join in on this! Tickets from Gothenburg to London is hella cheap right now!

Probably staying friday - monday, any chance I can tag along with the stockholm people for some housing? Would be much appreciated. :)

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Gatwick is the nearest to the venue. In fact there is a fast train that goes from Gatwick to East Croydon Station (the same area where the tournament will be held).

Literally we have the best location for a tournament, East Croydon is accessible from all the Mainline Railway stations.

VA

Smash Hero
Friday/Saturday the weekend before. I work until 5, I was going to make a thread/post about it, be patient.

:phone:

TakuyaXIII

Smash Rookie
When you guys say housing do you mean hotels, B&Bs etc...or just any housing in general? Cause if it's just housing a day or two I could probably house 2-3 people at mine since I live the closest to the venue Lol.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
That's great XIII, I think the French Brawlers needed housing. That will be good practice for you as well. (Antey B, Deimos, Nives and Yami I believe).

As for the people that do need housing, you need to message both ME and Prof, as there's only so much 1 person can sort out. Don't JUST post in here, leave us an inbox message so I know exactly who needs housing and who's already been sorted because I'm petty sure there's more people that need housing than what is stated on the first post.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Friday/Saturday the weekend before. I work until 5, I was going to make a thread/post about it, be patient.

LOL Are you even coming to this Mr Salt Man, or just gonna plan your smashfests in this thread and contribute nothing?

I love how I supported your tournament and had good wishes towards it's success and told people about it...but then when we host an event and I question you if you + others are coming you say 'I'm not interested in this tournament'
And then when you found out Good Europeans are coming you suddenly want to be involved and help out with the housing LOL...

And to think you actually tried to put up a fighting arguement in the past that I am the reason for the scene dying (when I definitely wasn't) and it's now growing with mine and others help and you're just there stuck in Saltsville :smirk:

When you guys say housing do you mean hotels, B&Bs etc...or just any housing in general? Cause if it's just housing a day or two I could probably house 2-3 people at mine since I live the closest to the venue Lol.
THANKS SO MUCH, helps out a lot!
Will ring you 2moro cos want to say something on addition to this :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
That's great XIII, I think the French Brawlers needed housing. That will be good practice for you as well. (Antey B, Deimos, Nives and Yami I believe).

As for the people that do need housing, you need to message both ME and Prof, as there's only so much 1 person can sort out. Don't JUST post in here, leave us an inbox message so I know exactly who needs housing and who's already been sorted because I'm petty sure there's more people that need housing than what is stated on the first post.
Just to highlight this so people see

HOUSING

Personal Message either Me or Alpha Dash stating if you need housing and between what dates, makes our job a lot easier :)

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
O.o.C!

Hype!
Destruction!
Injured feelings!
Banter!
P4 vs P3 **** on Yoshi's story!
The return of Fuzzy?
The revenge of Professor Poo?
SWEDISH PILLOW JOHNS?!

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOOOL @ P3 vs P4 on Yoshi Story ****.
Also I was the original founder of that :)
Guaranteed in doubles as well cos it's meant to be P1&P4 vs P2&P3

And why am I Professor POO :(

And dat Smakis pillow salt johns

AND there's gonna be many hurt feelings, and very few triumphs

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
LOOOL @ P3 vs P4 on Yoshi Story ****.
Also I was the original founder of that :)
Guaranteed in doubles as well cos it's meant to be P1&P4 vs P2&P3

And why am I Professor POO :(

And dat Smakis pillow salt johns

AND there's gonna be many hurt feelings, and very few triumphs

King Zeppo the 14th was the person who originally coined Professor Poo, I can do naught but spread his wisdom.

And yeah **** you for the Yoshi's thing. :(

smakis

Smash Ace
mah pillow =O

this actually looks rather affordable, might come friday-sunday

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
Me and Plinci are booked, getting there friday at 9 pm or so and leaving monday at 6 am, so we would need housing for friday to sat and sat to sunday, we will prolly go to the airport on sunday night.

Im waiting on white, he needs a week to get the money and he'll book if its still cheap.

Rydle and Cp2 are not coming though, so you can take them out of the list.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
If I come to this can I stream? =D

I will get the tournament on the front page of twitch.tv and all that. ProfessorPro you should PM me so we can promote it a bit =]

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
Latest update from France : only Yami, Nives and I are prolly comin'. We'll need housing for the friday night only. PM already sent to Professor Pro and Alpha Dash. :)

PS : I'm potentially looking for a talented teammate for Brawl doubles ! :bee:
Edit : I mainly use the bat in doubles but I also can play with the rat.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Fuzzy, how many people can/are you housing?
Right now hes housing my gf and I, and possibly a mystery guest (?!)

Alpha Dash, who is the main TO of this tourney? Who should I talk to about internet at the venue and stuff like that?

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace
Right now hes housing my gf and I, and possibly a mystery guest (?!)

Alpha Dash, who is the main TO of this tourney? Who should I talk to about internet at the venue and stuff like that?

I'm the tournament Host, Prof is Co-Host. Best thing to do is speak to both of us so whatever you need is faster and more effective.
But yeah there is internet at the venue. That's all good to bring any equipment you may need.

AS FOR THE PEOPLE BRINGING SET UPS OR ANY OTHER EQUIPMENT, PLEASE BE AT THE VENUE BEFORE/BY 11AM TO HELP SET UP. We have more guests than expected (which is great) but I don't want to be stuck trying to set everything up WHILE we are trying to run the event.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Me and Plinci are booked, getting there friday at 9 pm or so and leaving monday at 6 am, so we would need housing for friday to sat and sat to sunday, we will prolly go to the airport on sunday night.

Im waiting on white, he needs a week to get the money and he'll book if its still cheap.

Rydle and Cp2 are not coming though, so you can take them out of the list.
Hey man, I will PM precise details once housing is confirmed for you :)
Also PM me ASAP when White isn't coming anymore so I can tell the person who you will be getting housed by :)

If I come to this can I stream? =D

I will get the tournament on the front page of twitch.tv and all that. ProfessorPro you should PM me so we can promote it a bit =]
Sounds great man :D
Still have to figure out if there is internet at this venue as i'm not too sure, but if we promoted this event and you got it up on LiveStream it would help out our scene and we would really appreciate it.

I didn't think you could make this since I remember asking you and you saying that you wouldn't be down till the tourn was done, good to know circumstances have changed :bee:

Tamoo

Smash Master
Ok some bad and good news. My laptop decided to crap out on me and is in an unrepairable state, and thus my recording setup is gone

However I do have a new laptop, which is much stronger than my old. If I can sort out recording on my new laptop, the quality of my videos should be better. Also I've worked out how to stream so I can even stream it if necessary. I'll let you know how I get on Mr. tournament organisers.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Ok some bad and good news. My laptop decided to crap out on me and is in an unrepairable state, and thus my recording setup is gone

However I do have a new laptop, which is much stronger than my old. If I can sort out recording on my new laptop, the quality of my videos should be better. Also I've worked out how to stream so I can even stream it if necessary. I'll let you know how I get on Mr. tournament organisers.
Hopefully you can get it sorted out as every recording equipment helps :D

And I think PEEF is doing the LiveStream this tournament since he has the hugest LiveStream following in the Whole Smash Scene so using that would be great.
But obviously he won't be here for as long as you will be so hopefully you learn to get it running so we can use it in the future for DAT online Live hype:D

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
OoC SEEDING QUESTIONS

We have been trying to decides seed for this tournament as there will be 20

4 Top Seeds
6 High Seeds
10 Low Seeds

THIS LIST IS A DRAFT AND NOT A FINAL LIST, PEOPLE ARE PROBABLY IN PLACES WHERE THEY SHOULDN'T BE, NOT DESERVING OR MISSING PEOPLE, IF YOU HAVE CORRECTIONS PLEASE STATE THEM BUT DON'T CRITIC IT AND GIVE NO SOLUTION PLEASE!!!
STATE YOUR PROBLEM AND WHO SHOULD BE MOVED AND REPLACED!!!

Melee

Top Seeds
Fuzzyness
Professor Pro
IVP
Leffen

High Seeds
VA
Pepito
AJP
Jolteon
J3ly
PEEF???? < See what he's like but I think he will prob be

Mid-High
Swizzy
Deathgazer
Unreal
Smakis
Retroking <<< He will still be good
Alpha Dash
Tamoo
AmcD
X1-12
Bullet Bill

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
There is no rank in the placing of the names but I do agree with you lol...

From when I hear that Leffen is debatably ranked 5th in Europe im not going to put me above him lol.

Just that I know us two so it's first thing that comes to mind...but thank you for agreeing, I think it's overall accurate with the occasional things here and there that could be wrong.

VA

Smash Hero
I think pepito and me are in a different tier to those in the same as us. But if you only need 4 top then that's fair enough.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Yeah I agree VA, I will probably do that on the day so there is a better seperation once bracket approaches

EITHER WAY in each Pool there will be 1 Low Seed + 1 Top or High Seed or whatever VA's seed will be called

VA

Smash Hero
It doesn't really matter to me that much. Will they need to be in order at some point because of bracket?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
A seeds:
Fuzzyness
Professor Pro
IVP
Leffen

B seeds:
VA
Pepito
Smakis
AJP
Jolteon
j3ly/Peef (dunno who he is but he was in your list)

C Seeds:
J3ly/Peef (which ever is not top obv hits low)
Edwin
Deathgazer
Swizzy
*Unreal
*X1-12
*Bullet Bill
*Alph Dash
*AMCD
*Tamoo (have my doubts as I haven't seen him at a tournament in ages)

However C seeds is very debatable as I think there are a few other smashers who could rival any of those ones i highlighted with a * for their position e.g. PMS, AC, LJ, Yeniths, ME!(FFS I play good sometimes!) etc etc...

C seeds will be very based on the bias of the host i feel however i think this is inevitable based on our community but I reckon the mere fact we have so many players around the same level it won't even matter...bracket will be mad stacked, amateur bracket will be ****ing tight.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It doesn't really matter to me that much. Will they need to be in order at some point because of bracket?
Yes I think so, so if we don't do it in the pools stage (even though we should be) it will be done for brackets, I want to avoid dumb brackets and pools of death even though it's gonna be unavoidable in some situations.

You should just do Top 10, Low 10 IMO:

Top 10:
Fuzzyness
Professor Pro
IVP
Leffen
VA
Pepito
Smakis
AJP
Jolteon
j3ly/Peef (dunno who he is but he was in your list)

Low10:
J3ly/Peef (which ever is not top obv hits low)
Edwin
Deathgazer
Swizzy
*Unreal
*X1-12
*Bullet Bill
*Alph Dash
*AMCD
*Tamoo (have my doubts as I haven't seen him at a tournament in ages)

However Low 10 is very debatable as I think there are a few other smashers who could rival any of those ones i highlighted with a * for their position e.g. PMS, AC, LJ, Yeniths, ME!(FFS I play good sometimes!) etc etc...

Low 10 will be very based on the bias of the host i feel however i think this is inevitable based on our community but I reckon the mere fact we have so many players around the same level it won't even matter...bracket will be mad stacked, amateur bracket will be ****ing tight.
I'll pretty much just copy and paste what I said on the SmashUK discussion bit which was....

We can't do 10-10 Seeds
There needs to be a seperation otherwise you get Fuzzy & IVP, or IVP & Me or Leffen & Fuzzy playing in 2nd Round of Brackets, there needs to be seeding seperation

VA

Smash Hero
My list of the bracket seeding looks like this:

Leffen
IVP
Fuzzyness
Prof/Pepito (can't really say)
VA
whoever else comes after

(that's if everyone on the list makes it and goes 2-0 in pools)

I think it's pretty important to get that right, what size will the bracket be?

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
Yes I think so, so if we don't do it in the pools stage (even though we should be) it will be done for brackets, I want to avoid dumb brackets and pools of death even though it's gonna be unavoidable in some situations.

I'll pretty much just copy and paste what I said on the SmashUK discussion bit which was....

We can't do 10-10 Seeds
There needs to be a seperation otherwise you get Fuzzy & IVP, or IVP & Me or Leffen & Fuzzy playing in 2nd Round of Brackets, there needs to be seeding seperation
Edited it :)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I approve of your edited list, forgot about Smakis and feel he deserves a seeding definitely...

Since they are all from Sweden I will have to ask the Swedish lot who is better out of AJP and Smakis since I don't actually know that

My list of the bracket seeding looks like this:

Leffen
IVP
Fuzzyness
Prof/Pepito (can't really say)
VA
whoever else comes after

(that's if everyone on the list makes it and goes 2-0 in pools)

I think it's pretty important to get that right, what size will the bracket be?
It will be a 32 Man Bracket
10 Pools with Top 3 going through into bracket leaving 2 remaining spaces
2 Grand Finalists of Amatuer Bracket (Single Elim) make it into the Bracket

And also I agree on your Seeding List

Marcbri

Smash Lord
NNID
Marcbri
I think you should consider Plinci for one of those low seeds, he's better than me and plays melee only, and considering my matches in the London con were actually quite close vs the top seeds of the pool I think he should have it.

I dunno yet if I'll enter but I'm a random at that game lol.

Top Bottom