• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Look!! another smash bros game

Status
Not open for further replies.

naevorc

Smash Apprentice
Yea.. that's a mugen mod. Been waiting for it for a while though.

HEARDATBEAT

Smash Rookie
I didn't say it was smash I guess I just used it to mislead you guys but it looks like a kick *** game I mean come on I can't wait to kick Master Chief's *** with Samus. LOL

ViciousL337

Smash Rookie
Actually, it kind of looks like that when someone was butthurt that megaman, cloud, lion, master chief, and many other characters that would never make it into brawl, didn't make it into brawl, someone said "lol if u dun likd it mke a game hyoself" so this guy started, and will no doubt stop by the time the US release of brawl comes out, and forget he ever made this terrible fighting generic game.

HEARDATBEAT

Smash Rookie
Actually, it kind of looks like that when someone was butthurt that megaman, cloud, lion, master chief, and many other characters that would never make it into brawl, didn't make it into brawl, someone said "lol if u dun likd it mke a game hyoself" so this guy started, and will no doubt stop by the time the US release of brawl comes out, and forget he ever made this terrible fighting generic game.
I doubt it's like that besides look at his dedication
http://cardgallery.tales-tra.com/main.htm

Metalknux

Smash Ace
No, this has been in production since way before the roster was known. Don't jump to conclusions or insult people you know nothing about.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So, since it's in spanish or portugese or italian or something, where can I learn more about this project?

raymanbud714

Smash Journeyman
old news... ive known for a long time. to bad its not gonna have a demo before the us release of brawl because this wouldve been great to play while we waited for brawl. but now its only like 7 days away so it doesnt matter.

HEARDATBEAT

Smash Rookie
So, since it's in spanish or portugese or italian or something, where can I learn more about this project?
Here is the English FAQ
ENGLISH

Q: What is Card Sagas Wars?(CSW for short)
A: It's a fangame created by Ahruon and Orkimedes using M.U.G.E.N., a freeware program to create 2D fighter games.

Q: Do I need something else to play it?
A: No, just download and play.

Q: When does it come out?
A: There's no release date for now, but the first version(beta) will be announced soon.

Q: What will include that beta?
A: It will only have 4 characters, but it will let you see how's the gameplay and graphic style.
These four characters will be: Link(Legend of Zelda), Cloud(Final Fantasy VII), X(Megaman X) and KOS-MOS(Xenosaga)

Q: How many characters will have the complete game?
A: We plan to continue releasing characters for a long time so there is no determined number of characters.

Q: Can you put XXXX from the YYYY saga?
A: We have a list of characters that we want to make for CSW, so for now we don't accept requests. Maybe when we have done all those characters we will accept requests from people, but we haven't decided yet.

Q: Will it include characters from comics, manga or movies?
A: There will be a few manga-anime characters we wanted to put so badly that we had to. But it will mainly be videogame characters.

Q: I saw the trailers and I noticed the backgrounds are from other games.

A: We haven't done the backgrounds for the game, they're MUGEN stages. We want to create stages specifically for the game, but our top priority are the characters.

Q: The characters are too small!
A: We are using the Card Gallery style.

Q: Are you going to put all the characters in the Card Gallery in CSW?
A: No. That would be almost impossible since there are tons of characters in the Card Gallery.

Q: How are the special movements done? Is it like Street Fighter?
A: Special moves are done by pressing a direction and the Special Attack button, like the "Smash Bros" or "Tales of" series.

Then there are the Combos which are done by pressing a combination of buttons a la Street Fighter or other fighting games. And finally the Super Moves

Q: Will I be able to add the characters to my own MUGEN?
A: No, but we didn't discard that possibility yet

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
It's completely understandable, but a shame that only certain characters on that ridiculous list of theirs will be making it in. There are quite a few on there that I think would be awesome to play who, if they're going for recognition, most likely will not appear.

HEARDATBEAT

Smash Rookie
It's completely understandable, but a shame that only certain characters on that ridiculous list of theirs will be making it in. There are quite a few on there that I think would be awesome to play who, if they're going for recognition, most likely will not appear.
I talked to one of the creators and he said that they won't release all the characters at the same time. They will release them little by little until they are all there:)

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
Anyone downtalking this is an idiot. Ahuron is a ridiculously talented coder, and the sprites look wonderful as far as style consistency goes. This should be pretty cool... I'd been wanting a new SCWU.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
I talked to one of the creators and he said that they won't release all the characters at the same time. They will release them little by little until they are all there:)
Hm. Well, that doesn't agree with what that FAQ you just posted says, but cool. Heh, hope those Diablo characters make it in then. XD

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I might come looking for this again if my copy of SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL stops working (which I won't allow to happen).

Looks pretty sweet, though, but how the hell is Slippy Toad going to fight Megaman X and the Master Chief?

Cheezball

Smash Ace
I might come looking for this again if my copy of SUPER SMASH BROS. BRAWL stops working (which I won't allow to happen).

Looks pretty sweet, though, but how the hell is Slippy Toad going to fight Megaman X and the Master Chief?
He'll shout "WATCH OUT FOR MINES!!!" They will both look and Slippy will just own them some how.

I am looking forward to this game.

Mystery XIII

Smash Rookie
this is what mugen is truly about. i find it hard to believe only a handful of people are working on this. true talent.

Killer Tree

Smash Journeyman
Wow people in this topic are WAY TOO down. Why is the Smash Board community always in a bad mood it seems. This is not a horrible topic, I thought the video looked pretty cool.

Scicky

Smash Journeyman
You know all those brawl sprites that everyone loves?
Made by the same guy...

Still, this is not smashbros, no-one cares >>

and ummm, WTF, it doesn't even look like you can
escape combos, looks boring IMO ._.

fouxs2

Smash Cadet
I can't believe at the lack of respect in this topic. Sure, he did something similar to Smash Bros, but maybe he knows some of those characters will NEVER be in a SSB game so he decided to make one with it. I personally loved the game, the sprites are incredibly detailed, with fluid animation, which is time consuming to do (at times even hard), and the focus on combos is of extreme appeal to me. I'd buy it if it was real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom