• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking Back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think so to but would never expect Tom Nook to actually make it.

:phone:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It's more along the lines of Animal Crossing in general, due to the series having unfitting characters for a fighting game setting.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
No, Sakurai said Animal Crossing was too peaceful for a playable character in general.
Ironic because everyone is a nut job, you get stung by all sorts of insects like scorpions and bees, the economy is really skewed, con artists are everywhere, the ecosystem is the most screwed up thing ever, you can wield axes, trap animals with pits, bury them with Pitfall Seeds, steal from the Lost and Found, paint the entire town in graffiti, and have a nice chat with Mr. Resetti.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Animal Crossing x Grand Theft Auto: make it happen. :cool:

D

Deleted member

Ironic because everyone is a nut job, you get stung by all sorts of insects like scorpions and bees, the economy is really skewed, con artists are everywhere, the ecosystem is the most screwed up thing ever, you can wield axes, trap animals with pits, bury them with Pitfall Seeds, steal from the Lost and Found, paint the entire town in graffiti, and have a nice chat with Mr. Resetti.
have a nice chat with Mr. Resetti.

nice chat with Mr. Resetti.

with Mr. Resetti.

Mr. Resetti.

Mr. Resetti.

How in the Hell is this guy too peaceful for Smash?!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
You'd definitely do the Final missions in Animal Crossing x GTA for Mr. Resetti though. He seems like a secret maffia boss.

D

Deleted member

Nah, that'd be Tom Nook.
Mr. Resetti is just the one that breaks yo' chops. :awesome:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Tom Nook doesn't seem like a SECRET Mafia Boss though

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tom Nook is someone who snitches you in the story, and later turns out to be working for Mr. Resetti as a mercenary. You fight him several times but he manages to survive every encounter, then before you handle with Mr. Resetti, you have an epic dual to death with Tom Nook. Using the ultimate weapons of destruction: a net, a slingshot, and a big *** sharp axe :mad: . Pitfall Traps included, as those where a ***** in Brawl.

Oh yeah, and machine guns.

D

Deleted member

Uhh......
Peach is a hormonally imbalanced PMSing manic depressed female dog in disguise of either an emotionless or joyful bundle of pink.
Peach's rage makes Resetti look like a fluffy bunny.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Peach has heavy borderline though. Thats why Mario keeps distance.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Here are the results to some old polls I did back in early 2007, I think:

I was looking through some old folders of mine, and I discovered that I had recorded the results for two pre-Brawl polls. Unfortunately, there is no date given on any of the polls, but it ranges from when Brawl was first announced to when the first Dojo newcomers were confirmed.

Poll #1: Nsider first half of 2007

Mario series:
- Geno: 19
- Bowser Jr.: 7
- Toad: 6
- Waluigi: 4
- Daisy: 4
- Mallow: 3
- Paper Mario: 2

Donkey Kong series:
- Diddy Kong: 23
- K. Rool: 8
- Dixie Kong: 3

The Legend of Zelda series:
- Midna: 13
- Vaati: 10
- Fierce Diety Link: 6
- Tingle: 6
- Zant: 4

Metroid series:
- Ridley: 32
- Dark Samus: 2

Kirby series:
- King Dedede: 16

Star Fox series:
- Wolf: 19
- Krystal: 16

Pokemon series:
- Lucario: 10
- Deoxys: 5
- Meowth: 4
- Plusle & Minun: 3
- Blaziken: 2

F-Zero:
- Samurai Goroh: 8

Mother/EarthBound series:
LOL

Fire Emblem series:
- Ike: 14
- Lyn: 14
- Sigurd: 5

Other series:
- Tom Nook: 12
- Isaac: 11
- Olimar: 10
- Mii: 5
- Ray: 4
- Starfy: 4
- Andy: 4

Retro:
- Little Mac: 8
- Balloon Fighter: 6
- Lip: 4
- Muddy Mole: 4
- Takamaru: 2
- Sukapon: 2

Third-Party:
- Sonic: 35
- Mega Man: 13
- Bomberman: 8
- Shadow: 7
- Sora: 6
- Simon Belmont: 5
- Rayman: 4
- Knuckles: 4
- Tails: 4
- Lloyd Irving: 3
- Pac-Man: 2

Top 10 for Nsider poll:
1. Sonic (35)
2. Ridley (32)
3. Diddy Kong (23)
4 Wolf, Geno (19)
5. King Dedede, Krystal (16)
6. Ike, Lyn (14)
7. Mega Man, Midna (13)
8. Tom Nook (12)
9. Isaac (11)
10. Olimar, Lucario, Vaati (10)

Poll #2: GameFAQs, first half of 2007

For some reason there are much less character results recorded for this poll. I don't know why. My theory is that its a separate page to record characters that got more than 1-3 votes (so as to record the higher ranking characters better since there were so many single vote characters in the GameFAQs poll). There is no character on the page that has below 15 votes, so I think this is most likely what this is.

Mario series:
- Geno: 27
- Bowser Jr.: 20

Donkey Kong series:
- Diddy Kong: 37
- K. Rool: 19

The Legend of Zelda series:
The page does not list any Zelda characters so I am assuming there were no Zelda characters that had received at least 15 votes.

Metroid series:
- Ridley: 36
- Dark Samus: 19

Kirby series:
- King Dedede: 32

Star Fox series:
- Krystal: 30
- Wolf: 29

Pokemonseries:
The page does not list any Pokemon characters so I am assuming there were no Pokemon characters that had received at least 15 votes.

F-Zero series:
No character received at least 15 votes.

Mother/EarthBound series:

Fire Emblem series:
- Ike: 16
- Lyn: 15

Other series:
- Isaac: 22
- Tom Nook: 18

Retro:

Third-Party:
- Sonic: 58
- Mega Man: 35
- Shadow: 15

Overall Top 10 for GameFAQs poll:
1. Sonic (58)
2. Diddy Kong (37)
3. Ridley (36)
4. Mega Man (35)
5. King Dedede (32)
6. Krystal (30)
7. Wolf (29)
8. Geno (27)
9. Isaac (22)
10. Bowser Jr. (20)

Pretty interesting.
Poor Pacman and paper mario.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Most of us are too young to remember Pac-Man in his glory days. In the late 70s, Pac-Man was video gaming. If you count all the money from the arcades, Pac-Man was actually the most profitable game all-time. His moveset maybe weak but I see him getting in based on his history.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Most of us are too young to remember Pac-Man in his glory days. In the late 70s, Pac-Man was video gaming. If you count all the money from the arcades, Pac-Man was actually the most profitable game all-time. His moveset maybe weak but I see him getting in based on his history.
Thank you dear god

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
tbh i am not against pac man at all i would like to see him in because it would be cool and im not even a pac man fan or anything hardly played any pac man..

just this vision i got off a 4 player free for all

Mario
Sonic
Pac Man
Megaman or Snake

Just be soo damn epic no matter who you are if you dont like nintendo or smash or what ever but if you see a video of them 4 fighting you damn sure know that game is something beyond magical.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Characters I supported back then where:
Diddy, Ike, Lucas, Toon Link, Ridley, "Krystal" (didn't mind Wolf however), King K.Rool, Dixie, 'Midna and Wolf Link' (not quite but thought the idea was unique and cool, didn't expect them), Takamaru (remember being introduced to his series by someones analysis and wanted him in), and well... Some others. Hector from Fire Emblem was also a choice.

I think Toad is also far more popular than before actually. Nobody kinda expected him in Brawl. Or at least, nobody took it seriously, but now he's much more supported than ever.
I think we honestly supported nearly the same characters. I was all up in the Pikmen (Olimar), met some real awesome guys there that I don't think are around anymore.

Let's see....back then my support went to:

Olimar
K. Rool

Bowser Jr.
Lucario
Ridley
Krystal (I had nothing against Wolf either)
Takamaru - (My first exposure to MMC, and he was awesome!)
Starfy - (I just thought he was pretty cool back then)
Midna and Wolf Link - (Same thoughts, they were an awesome idea. I hope Ghirahim doesn't turn out to be as much of a pipe dream)
Geno - (I'm not entirely sure why, Geno is awesome,
but I never quite understood where the support was coming from aside from popularity.
Don't shoot, I like Geno, I do!)

I didn't support Dixie as much back then because K. Rool is my bro, and I felt like if Dixie got in, or K. Rool got in, the other would not.

3 of these are still on my support list, and are in my top 4 most wanted. For reference:

1. K. Rool
2. Takamaru
3. Little Mac
4. Ridley

Some of them were good guesses, some weren't. Just gotta try again!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I supported Olimar and Sonic and Geno, so I was almost entirely satisfied with Brawl.

Also ganondorf4ever, your name is a terrible LIE. The icon for your Brawl character is Diddy.

You lied.

Liar.

Tweezer Salad

Smash Apprentice
I remember when Olimar was announced, it was towards the final few months before Brawl's release. I was surprised and excited for his inclusion.
He's a real oddball and he wasnt exactly the most requested character for Brawl either.

At that moment I had my mind set that because Olimar was in, Brawl was going to feature a WHOLE lot of characters.
And I was expecting shoe in characters like Ridley to be announced as the weeks went by.

Sadly, I was let down.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I was also a lot more supportive of Bowser Jr. back then. I don't know why, but I felt with the whole Mario Sunshine theme, he'd make a good addition. Plus, he was new at the time thus perhaps stuck to me better. Nowadays, its all about Toad for me. But he's still a good possible second Mario rep I feel.

And yeah, I think everyone who has played Super Mario RPG wanted Geno in at some point. :smirk: (Me included, didn't even finish Mario RPG either) Wasn't quite a Little Mac supporter either, but did learn about him and his series pre-Brawl. Figured out he'd maybe make an appearance, nowadays, I think he's pretty much a shoe in.

But yeah, I basically took a look at most support threads back then. Was quite fun. But remained mostly in the threads of characters I actually supported. Most noticeably in Diddy's thread. :diddy:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pre-Brawl, I supported:

Captain Olimar :olimar:
Cel-Shaded Link :toonlink:
Diddy Kong :diddy:
Justin Bailey Samus :zerosuitsamus:
Kid Icarus :pit:
King Dedede :dedede:
Wario :warioc:

I was disappointed that Toon Link was still a clone of Link but at least I found him more enjoyable to play with than Young Link. I was also disappointed that Wario was based on WarioWare games instead of Wario Land games.

Other characters I supported, pre-Brawl:

Dixie Kong
Duck Hunt Dog
Isaac (I am neutral on him nowadays)
King K. Rool
Krystal (because I wanted a Star Fox character who isn't a clone of Fox, I don't really support her anymore)
Little Mac
Meowth (I am feeling demoralized lately)
Tingle
Toad
Tom Nook (nowadays it's about Villager)
Vaati (don't really support him for SSB4 anymore)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I always actually supported Wario and Meta Knight, but really began speculation after the Brawl trailer. In which it was an extremely pleasant surprise those two got revealed. There was talks about Pit to, and I also kinda liked the idea. Even moreso when he was revealed. Also really liked Zero Suit Samus, but never thought she'd be in honestly. All I cared about before the trailer was Diddy. And I became more confident he was in after the first Brawl trailer.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I dunno who I used to support back in Brawl-days. Mostly I was also worried about veterans like a lot of people (I was just asking to see Ness, Jigglypuff and Yoshi back)

I though was very happy about inclusions overall: Diddy made me most happy, with Wario, Meta-Knight and Dedede being frontrunners as well. Though Wario I got mixed with because he was so based on WarioWare it was insulting to WarioLand-fanatic I was.

Also people used to support Lloyd Irving a bit more than Pac-Man? :troll:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lots and lots of people feared for Ness, Jigglypuff and even Captain Falcon. I remember far more people thinking / suggesting they'd leave Smash than people advocading against Mewtwo. Lots of people wanted Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch gone to. Some even wanted Marth gone, but many of those where easily dismissed. People freaked out over cuts. And I myself grew very weary having to wait so long just to see Donkey Kong...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No actually Donkey Kong as a veteran. Felt like he should've been revealed much sooner.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I supported Olimar and Sonic and Geno, so I was almost entirely satisfied with Brawl.

Also ganondorf4ever, your name is a terrible LIE. The icon for your Brawl character is Diddy.

You lied.

Liar.
B-b-but he's in the middle of my character icons! I mained him in Melee, that's what counts right?

:awesome:

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I actually supported Pacman pre-brawl. Lol goodness...I used to support some out there characters. I went through phases of Muddy Mole, Bonk the Caveman, dribble and spitz. But I never had a list that I wanted in, it was usually just phases of one character at a time. Lol I was young though, so it's ok. Now it goes like this:
Top 5 Wanted:
Ridley
King K. Rool
Mewtwo
Dillon
Pacman
Top 5 Expected:
Ridley
King K. Rool
Little Mac
Palutena
Next gen Pokemon