• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Looking for a Healer for Team, pst!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
lol you play CoH? I play CoV and CoH cool stuff. I'm just playing until Feb. 10 of course :)
Yeah I have both. Fun games. I stopped playing when Pokémon Diamond and Pearl came out. Then there's Halo 3.. then Smash Bros in February.. I dunno if I'll ever get a chance to play again.

Manny G.

Smash Journeyman

If you look carefully at the bottom right-most corner, you can see that Kirby's Green costume has orange feet, as opposed to his Melee couterpart, which had a darker green for feet.

I think it looks a lot nicer.
That photo further confuses the starter characters because of Kirby appearing. Even more proof is that he isnt showing character select screen.

T-major

Smash Champion
I don't use teams, so this item angers me... it just makes me realies how LONLEY I AAAAAMM!!! D:

also, if there are team only items now, don't you think it would be cool to see a team only item that works like the hammer? where it deals a lot of damage, but in order for it to work, both team members have to grab it at the same time...

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I wonder if you HAVE to have team battle on for this item to be on? I know it would be worthless in a Free-For-All but wonder if you can have it on.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
is it just me or is donkey kong look like hes on the blue team when hes really on the red team?

any way good update

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Okay, I can definitely see that they had their heart in the right place with this item. And depending on how it works out, it could definitely be a great addition to the strategy of teams matches, which is receiving more attention near the end of Melee's lifespan. I think that they're going off the concept of stock tanks.

Now, if this item gets rid of your A moves in favor of throwing it(which it seems like it will), It won't help at all. It'll make you hella vulnerable for as long as you're holding it so you'll essentially HAVE to use it as soon as you grab it so that you won't get *****. Now, a character like Peach won't really have to worry about this because SHE can float-cancel aerials all day long even while holding at item. What about everyone else? They'd be forced to either A) spam special moves or B) grab, toss immediately and pray that it's not intercepted.

If it behaves more like a pummel item where you keep your moveset or get a modified one and can throw it with Z, I think it could be pretty awesome. Grabbing the item and still being able to choose WHEN to use it could lead to really great doubles matches. To balance it out, I'd say maybe make you A attacks weaker OR have the healing effect drain the longer you hold on to it.

Still, I can see both sides of the argument. Losing your A moves could possibly ADD strategy to the match. You wanna fight? Don't pick it up. Wanna heal? Pick it up and risk you being *****(because you can't attack) or your partner being *****(because you can't exactly help). I dunno. Disadvantages seem to outweigh advantages.

Great update though. Sorry if someone said this before. I didn't exactly read the thread
A bit more detailed, looks like some mind game potential:

1.Pick it up.
a.Throw it and hope your teammate gets it.
b.Spam B moves until you can best throw it.

2.Leave it.
a.Go fight the enemy to keep them away from it, so that you can come back and use it when you get the chance.
b.Camp it until you get the right chance to throw it.

3.Let the enemy approach it.
a.If they get it, you hit it out of them (since they probably won't be able to pummel with it).
b.You wait somewhat near it. If they run past you and try to get it, you capitalize before/as soon as they grab it.

With team play online, this is a great feature!

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I played team mode alot before, even if it was by myself. It was fun coming up with combos. I.E. Mario & Link VS. Bowser & Ganondorf.

oh btw the item? what if you tossed it upward and it hit yourself on the way back down?

I guess it'd just go through you and have no effect and it'd be wasted.

oh well.

Terrorcon Blot

Smash Journeyman
is it just me or is donkey kong look like hes on the blue team when hes really on the red team?

any way good update
His fur is a red hue.

I don't see the whining of "WHY ONLY THREE TEAMS"

If you want more than three team colors, congrats: You can play Free For All.

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
item dont care much for items but wouldnt it be better is all healing items did this..by this i mean throw at someone and it heals them...(in doing so you have to tap a neutral a in order to heal yourself..

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
haha i was hoping 4 like a dark team light team at least those additionjs i was expecting

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
The only thing I was hoping for was you could be on teams but not HAVE to change the color of your character.

Like I want Mario and Luigi, well I don't want a green Mario or a red Luigi.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
uk since in 2v2 tournaments u are allowed to hit ur partner u technically can do 2v2 free for all matches just mayb put up a name tag 4 clarification

crush_T_asain

Smash Apprentice
dissapointed that the colours red green and blue again :( well i guess they are the only logical choices that are easy enough

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
I was kinda dissapointed with this update because I expected more, but it is a good update.

The item looks intresting, but because I don't play with items, I probably won't be using it much.

D.Q

Smash Apprentice
2 Questions:
One: Is it reflectable/Powershieldable?
Two: Can you catch it again in midair if someone throws that at you?
BTW, Fox is awesome and Zelda is hot :O

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap, I didn't notice this until someone pointed it out. Does Zelda's dress look a little more revealing than before...?

Ah, well... Nice update. Hopefully team battles will have a whole bunch of other exclusive things also.

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if you throw it up in the air and it falls on you will you get healed?

Any ways, I have an idea for interesting battle, two teams one healer one fighter, just this item one teammate just concentrates on grabng the heaelers and giving it to the fighter.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
i swear people are getting dumber and dumber ithnk people say things just to post a comment whoever said why do we need more then 3 colors when theres only 4 players is quite dumb. Why wouldn't u want more possibilites it's more about making ur character look the way u prefer nd only 3 options is not gonna cut it. Seriosuly people get smart

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I wonder if you can throw it straight up in the air or have it reflected back at you to heal yourself (probably not) I also like how there is one disadvantage, its not like a super item where you get it throw it, it hits you team mate and thats it, it can be "intercepted"

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if you HAVE to have team battle on for this item to be on? I know it would be worthless in a Free-For-All but wonder if you can have it on.
I don't think it would be worthless in a 4 player free-for-all. My usual strategy is to try to gang up on the person with the most lives, so I'd be more than happy to toss a healing item at the person with the least. Hasn't anyone ever healed Ness deliberately before?

Also, the thing I found interesting about this item that no one else seems to have mentioned is its potential use in SSE and the co-op events. It seems perfect for those!

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
Omg Kirby!!!

New kirby costumes FTW!!!!! no wonder sakurai took some time to reveal this ( took some time making that snake kirby look good

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Yes. These are aaaaallllll the characters in the game. / sarcasm

Anyways yet another useless item.

Top Bottom