• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Looking for someone who can drive 4 Japanese players to the airport after the tournament

NF Alex

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: We were able to find a driver and the Japanese players are safely on their way to the airport.

This is very last minute but I have a request for anyone who has a car and lives in the Tri-State area:

Four of the Japanese Melee players (Kounotori, Souten, PL, Sobameshi) have a flight back home that departs at 6am on January 20th, which is the morning after Day 3 of Apex.

Since the tournament will likely run until very late, taking public transportation from the venue to the airport (LaGuardia) late at night would be extremely inconvenient and risky, so I would rather not have them go through that if it's avoidable. If anything were to go wrong they could end up missing their flight and being stuck in the USA.

Is there anyone who would be willing to transport the players (and their luggage) from the venue to the airport after the tournament ends tomorrow night? It's in Queens, NY which is about an hour-long drive from the Apex venue.

Of course, they will be happy to pay for your services, including gas and tolls and plenty extra. They will also be very thankful, meaning if you ever see them in Japan you can bet they'll be very hospitable, treat you to all kinds of food, etc. (seriously, Japanese hospitality is no joke)

If anyone is willing to do this, please let me know ASAP! Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom