• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lord HDL’s Link Guide!

falcoslayer

Smash Apprentice
hey, as long as were in a link section, wut makes a better team against a dr.mario/ice climber team- Link, Falco or Link, Fox? also i give me friend a 9.4-9.7 rating with falco ut only a 9.1-9.5 rating with fox.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
hey, as long as were in a link section, wut makes a better team against a dr.mario/ice climber team- Link, Falco or Link, Fox? also i give me friend a 9.4-9.7 rating with falco ut only a 9.1-9.5 rating with fox.
I'd go with Fox. His shine really messes up Ice Climbers and I feel he does a little better against Doc than Falco, who can get his lasers caped back at him and is a little more susceptible to a cape gimp due to his lack of recovery.

technomancer

Smash Champion
HDL gave up here cuz people were being terds and telling him to prove himself in the USA etc... the techs here are described in the other guides.

Noops

Smash Rookie
Link is dead. Long live the Link.

Srsly, the link to the guide ain't working.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
Wassup Link Players I Just Started Playing For A Few Months Can Anybody Help Me Out With My Link on getting some speed

}--->Andrew Aka Neon<---{

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have a question:

Is there any way to make Link use his nA-combo and have him "rapid stab" any time you want, or is it just a matter of luck? Because I can't seem to find the timing that guarantees me that I will be able to do it when I want to. I get the "three slice" at least 90% of the time and the "rapid stab" the other 10%.

Please help!

technomancer

Smash Champion
If you can look up SuperDoodleman's angelfire site, check the frame data. I don't have the link on me right now, but that stuff is usually covered.

It's really sad to see this guide go. It was probably one of the top three best guides to any character ever written, and almost everything in it is still fairly applicable. I still feel that HDL was one of the top three link mains of all time in his hayday (Azen, Aniki, HDL).

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Press the A button 5 - 6 times and you'll eventually get the Illusion Stab.

But otherwise, the two-slice combo will do just fine - it could set you up for a Down-Smash or Up-Tilt, towards a combo (if you can).
Wow... I can't believe "mashing from the get-go" never crossed my mind. Lolz. Thanks.

Oh, and by the way...
I very well can. Haha!
See the rest of you Linkers in Brawl WiFi Play. Looking forward to kickingass and getting my asskicked.

woah42

Smash Cadet
For some reason, I can't find it. It get's me to superzetriod.com and tells me it's parked by GoDaddy. What's up?

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
Don't tilt your control forward. You may not think you are doing it but you probably are. That or tilt it back a little counteract the forward movement. Don't forget the up b into the bomb isn't straight up. You go forward a little bit then back to meet the bomb.

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
awesome guide. the counter picking stages section really helped me alot with my strategies against ganons and marths. thanks!

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
Watching HDL kinda makes me want to play Link even though I have some friends that do it already. HDL showed some awesome ways to recover, where's the guide?

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Whhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaat I had forgotten about this! :crazy:

This guide is seriously outdated, you shouldn't use it as reference anymore. I probably won't update it either, because I believe that every player should stay on the lonely path of skill! :laugh:

Learn things on your own and you will feel much more satisfied with your victories. If you don't have the drive to do that, it's a clear indication that improving at the game is just not for you.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
watching your matches HDL, you're ****ing GOOD.
better than Skler IMO
but Skler is still ****

Top Bottom