• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Losing like a Winner: The competitive guide to Losing.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
=[ sometimes u shoudlnt of loss but taking it and learning from it then improving to beat that player. so satisfying

Timcanpy

Smash Cadet
for the life in general, this guide have really importants points of view, but, loosing like a winner?, thats crap xd, that sound like "how to be a good guy guide"

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
for the life in general, this guide have really importants points of view, but, loosing like a winner?, thats crap xd, that sound like "how to be a good guy guide"
I see your point in saying that, and I agree to an extent. People will always be people in that they will remain who they are no matter what. I guess you can take this more as a "don't be an ***" kind of guide. People can't force humility into the personalities of others, but these are just words of advice that are up to the individual reader to either follow or ignore. I agree though, the title itself is a little too humble for my personal taste, but he certainly does get his point across.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I ♥ you. Best thing I read all night. it's true too! which makes it even better. people need to get over losing, it's honestly, Just a Game. a fun game, a competative game, but if they win, it's generally because they were better.

Hive

Smash Lord
great, just great! so now i can't even throw tissy fits and stab people after i lose??! this sux. this is all your fault, sky <.<

Loops

Smash Apprentice
oh wow haha, last time my friend was playing in a tourney and he wrecked this guy and the other guy was basically gonna shut the wii off, he just paused and left lmaoo.

auroreon

Smash Ace
The one thing I will NEVER stand for is...

When someone tells me to not use Yoshi, or to switch character.

Just so you know, if any of you ever play me... if you tell me not to use Yoshi, I WILL kick you. Hard. In the balls.
Oh and by the way, to the person who will inevitably now quote this post and tell me not to use Yoshi, its not clever and its not funny.

Delvro

Smash Ace
Getting frustrated is definitely a big problem with a lot of people (like me)

Still... I was in a 60 man tournament and lost my very first match... but I shook it off and ended up getting 7th :)

Blitzmidfielder

Smash Journeyman
I visibly get angry sometimes. But I always say GGs, and shake hands. I tend to really get torn up in games that I know I shouldn't lose.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Good read man.

I usually get annoyed, but I usually don't act rude or anything like that after a match. To be honest, I don't see the point of johning so much after a match if you lose. Makes you look like a major d-bag.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
2. "Haha, I know. You're too pro! ^__^"
^^^I wish I knew how to make this face IRL :laugh:

I loled at the title, but it was actually a good "guide."
I'm usually upset when I lose, but I later think about it and I'm happy that I have people to play that are better than me, even if they use MK :)

Hyrus

Smash Journeyman
Just be a happy person to be around. Smile and compliment after losing rather than scowling and moaning.
People are jerks - they're in every wake of life. To try to teach someone sportsmanship, manners and respect needs to be done at home, not on a video game forum. And most people who are walking egos will be all of their life.

Kudos for trying, but chances are most of the people who green flag this are already decent people.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
People are jerks - they're in every wake of life. To try to teach someone sportsmanship, manners and respect needs to be done at home, not on a video game forum. And most people who are walking egos will be all of their life.

Kudos for trying, but chances are most of the people who green flag this are already decent people.
Your right about the only people who will look at this are the ones that already are decent, or nice.

Kind of sad the way the world works.

Sky`

Smash Lord
The one thing I will NEVER stand for is...

When someone tells me to not use Yoshi, or to switch character.

Just so you know, if any of you ever play me... if you tell me not to use Yoshi, I WILL kick you. Hard. In the balls.
Oh and by the way, to the person who will inevitably now quote this post and tell me not to use Yoshi, its not clever and its not funny.
Well, in all honesty, and get mad if you want, If I play you, hypothetically and I beat you in a tournament match or something, here's what I'd say.

"Haha, dude. You're really good. I think that you should find another character and Use Yoshi as a Back pocket card. He's not that bad of a character, but your potential as a player is being held back by just him, ya dig?"

verbatim, that's what I'd say. :3

Sky`

Smash Lord

But what you've got to realize is, this isn't for just the jerks out there, ya dig? It's for everybody who loses a match and mentally loses it. They don't have to show it or anything, but when they lose, they just crumble inside, and are unable to perform well afterward. It's for them too. Screw the Jerks, we know who they are and we just don't care.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
But what you've got to realize is, this isn't for just the jerks out there, ya dig? It's for everybody who loses a match and mentally loses it. They don't have to show it or anything, but when they lose, they just crumble inside, and are unable to perform well afterward. It's for them too. Screw the Jerks, we know who they are and we just don't care.
You're too loving of a soul for the internets Sky.

Hive

Smash Lord
Player 1 (wins): good games I really like how you.....

Player 2 - OMFG DIE! <stab stab stab>

Player 1- ...but i have so much to live for!! 0.0

how is this not benificial for brawl??? Notice how suddenly low tier characters have now become threatening to even metaknights? You call this johning. I call this BALANCE (plus johning). ^^

Hive

Smash Lord
If sakurai didn't want johinning in brawl he wouldn't have created Rainbow Cruise. Its obvioulsy part of the game and is thus a legit tactic lol. Johnning doesn't "overcentralize" the game. ^^

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
If sakurai didn't want johinning in brawl he wouldn't have created falcon punches. Its part of the game. Johnning doesn't "overcentralize" the game. ^^
It also calms you down so your above statement does not happen.
but still, people should be respectful that they lost. I for one, just got owned so hard by gigas it's not even funny.

Geist

Smash Master
I love losing.
It gives me a sense of committance, gets me inspired, and gets me more experience than I would if I won.
I'd say I enjoy the game considerably less if I'm consecutively winning, it's just boring and I get no entitlement for anything, and find it difficult to give myself a purpose for smashing.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Hey, I have a question.
What if the winner is a complete jerk?
I can understand the concept of "being the bigger man", but seriously? A sore winner is just plain irritating.
I vote for a thread about the same thing, but with winning.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Hey, I have a question.
I can understand the concept of "being the bigger man", but seriously? A sore winner is just plain irritating.
Play along.

Be all like "Oh wow man yeah you were so good there was nothing I could do congrats" then watch him make a much bigger tit of himself bragging. It's hilarious.

Sky`

Smash Lord
Hey, I have a question.
Actually, I'll do that, I should make a thread about the proper way to win, cause there is a way. :3 Thanks.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I second that.

I have also experience a sore winner when he lost.

I won, and overheard him talking about how he was/did beat me.

wdf.

FTWin

Smash Cadet
yeah, I've been to only 1 tourney that wasnt just friends or like a youth group, and it was in NC.
the guy jumped up SO high after he beat me and his chair flipped over on me lol. he did apologize after having some "persuasion" lol, but from my experiences, people who win need to realize even though I lost, I stil exist

Top Bottom