• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lost (The show on ABC)

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
We'll just have to wait and see what happens to Locke and Ben and the rest of them then I guess. I wonder where Frank went off to. And yeah what did happen to Rose and Bernard and the rest of them?

Also for this episode, the whole thing was like simultaneously a flashback, flashforward and present time I think.

Anyway no you must be thinking of Goodwin, the only other Goodspeed was Horace's wife.

EDIT:

I'm still waiting for them to explain the Hurley Bird.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Also for this episode, the whole thing was like simultaneously a flashback, flashforward and present time I think.

Anyway no you must be thinking of Goodwin, the only other Goodspeed was Horace's wife.

EDIT: I'm still waiting for them to explain the Hurley Bird.
Yeah, the three years in between were the same three years the O6 spent off the island. A lot of stuff must've happened, but I guess it wasn't too insteresting.

Speaking of Horace's wife (the other Goodspeed), what happened to her? Why's he with this Amy woman? And what other significance does Horace have anyway, other than bringing Ben to the island and building Jacob's cabin? Zomg!

I'm sure we'll get to the Hurley bird eventually. We've already been teased about the statue....

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
New episode starting tomorrow. I'm hoping to see some interesting things happening with Locke and Ben.

Speaking of which, are Ben and Locke in the present time while the others are in the late seventies?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Speaking of which, are Ben and Locke in the present time while the others are in the late seventies?
That's my guess, but with LOST, ya never know.

I'm pretty much convinced Richard Alpert is some form of Egyptian god or something after the hieroglyphs, and what's probably the back of the four-toed statue. Some have theorized:

Richard
Alpert

Ra = Egyptian sun god/ god king.

Seems a TAD out there, but I do think there's a serious Egypt connection here.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I bet Richard has something to do with whatever civilization put up the giant statue on the island too. Wonder how they're going to explain this...*probably not this season*.

Yay Lost tomorrow!

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Well, I have to say, unfortunately, that this episode was sub-par.

Not only did they basically just reveal that the plot is taking a turn, but the way they did it was awful.

I think the writers failed to deliver a plot this episode. I like the idea of a feud among the survivors, but it's a sad attempt for a plot they otherwise did not have, and it was executed poorly. This sudden nasty attitude between Jack and Sawyer and Sawyer's failure to properly communicate with Sayid was completely unnecessary. It would require tension from previous seasons, and there was none.

One would argue the love triangle is at fault (no, it's a square folks), but you can't honestly say that much has been discussed about it. The only mention of tension was when Jack walked out on Kate previous season.

All in all, I think the writers majorly disappointed me this time around. The fact they're all about to bicker, moan, whine and complain about a problem that was not properly displayed beforehand has me kind of depressed.

I do think they have a good plot for us, but the way they had it started rewarded them with the first time I was upset with the show.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Yeah, the episode was mostly about the survivors reuniting (well, most of them), and setting up for the next episode.

As Kate and Jack said, I'm not exactly sure what they're supposed to do now that they're back on the island. I guess they have to just fit in while Daniel Faraday figures out how to make everything right, wherever he is (the Orchid, maybe?). There's some tension between Jack and Sawyer, but I guess that's always been there, especially since Jack went through all that trouble trying to get people off the island just to disappear for three years and then come back. Looks like Sawyer's the main man now.

I thought it was kind of weird that Sawyer didn't say much to Sayid, but with Radzinsky watching his back, maybe he doesn't have much of a chance (and he did create a difficult security situation). I wonder why Sayid didn't end up with Jack/Kate/Hurley? For that matter, why isn't Sun with them? If she and Frank and the rest of 316 are supposedly still in 2008, why did the ruined barracks still have Dharma signs all over the place?

Also, baby Ethan: what?!

Also: little Ben tried to look creepy!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
There was another Goodspeed. I am sure of it.
Ethan Goodspeed. I ****ing called it, *****es. I knew I heard the name Goodspeed from somewhere before Horace.

Anyway, one thing I caught in the previews was Sayid saying "I know what I have been brought back to do," and he fires a gun. My logical hypothesis: Sayid kills young Ben in order to stop the events that brought them there. No young Ben means the Hostiles won't become as powerful without Ben to lead them, so when the Oceanic 6 crash land there may be no Others. Then, you have the notion that Faraday brought up that you can't change the past, so this could be interesting.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Ethan Goodspeed. I ****ing called it, *****es. I knew I heard the name Goodspeed from somewhere before Horace.

Anyway, one thing I caught in the previews was Sayid saying "I know what I have been brought back to do," and he fires a gun. My logical hypothesis: Sayid kills young Ben in order to stop the events that brought them there. No young Ben means the Hostiles won't become as powerful without Ben to lead them, so when the Oceanic 6 crash land there may be no Others. Then, you have the notion that Faraday brought up that you can't change the past, so this could be interesting.
Haha, I guess you were right in a way...though Ethan's last name was Rom in previous seasons. He must have changed it later on when he joins...the Hostiles? Because if that's the same Ethan, then he can't die in The Purge.

I don't think Sayid will kill young Ben right away. My guess is that he'll escape with young Ben somehow and get taken to the Hostiles, where I think Widmore is supposed to be the leader in this time period.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Ethan was named Ethan Rom, not ethan Godspeed. We never heard Godspeed before

And yeah, I figure Sayid will try to kill young ben, but won't.

I liked that we finally found out what the runway the Others were making the Losties build in season 3 were for, though I wonder how they knew that was what it was for

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Oh snap, Eor's not banned anymore!

Anyways, I don't know what to think of this episode really. It was good, but... Idunno. I just felt semi-disappointed by the time it ended. I just don't think it lived up to the rest of the episodes this season. It wasn't by any means 'bad', just not as good as the rest have been so far.

I still REALLY want to know why Sun didn't time travel with everyone else. Why does she have to get separated? What the crap!?

Al Snow

Smash Rookie
Oh snap, Eor's not banned anymore!

Anyways, I don't know what to think of this episode really. It was good, but... Idunno. I just felt semi-disappointed by the time it ended. I just don't think it lived up to the rest of the episodes this season. It wasn't by any means 'bad', just not as good as the rest have been so far.

I still REALLY want to know why Sun didn't time travel with everyone else. Why does she have to get separated? What the crap!?
Well Ben couldn't travel back probably because of the paradox being that his younger self is there, so there's probably some sort of circumstance where she can't go back. OR, she has to be the one to bring them back to present time.

I want to know what Jack's dad is doing, it just doesn't make sense, unless he came back alive like locke did from when he was in the coffin? Was his coffin on that flight, I can't remember?

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Well Ben couldn't travel back probably because of the paradox being that his younger self is there, so there's probably some sort of circumstance where she can't go back. OR, she has to be the one to bring them back to present time.

I want to know what Jack's dad is doing, it just doesn't make sense, unless he came back alive like locke did from when he was in the coffin? Was his coffin on that flight, I can't remember?
Do you think maybe there's a past version of Sun already on the island? We've had hints that Widmore and Sun's dad know each other, so maybe he's an ex-other or ex-Dharma member? That would fit in with the paradox theory...

Yes, Christian Shephard's coffin was on the plane that the original cast crashed in, so it's very possible he was revived like Locke. Only thing is, he seems to be more... omnipresent, since he seems like he can appear anywhere at any time...

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
But the idea that you can't exit where your past self is can't be true, because we've seen Sawyer and Locke both on the island at the same time as their past selves (Aaron's birth, the light of the hatch)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
But the idea that you can't exit where your past self is can't be true, because we've seen Sawyer and Locke both on the island at the same time as their past selves (Aaron's birth, the light of the hatch)
But that was when the island was all weird and trippy. Now it's set in place, so the rules might have.. Idunno, changed.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
But that was when the island was all weird and trippy. Now it's set in place, so the rules might have.. Idunno, changed.
Well maybe, but I don't see why it'd be any different, I mean why couldn't young ben see old ben? It wouldn't make a paradox, unless old ben never met his future self. But since we know Ben met Sayid, we can know that Ben knows all of the oceanic 6 before the crash.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Well maybe, but I don't see why it'd be any different, I mean why couldn't young ben see old ben? It wouldn't make a paradox, unless old ben never met his future self. But since we know Ben met Sayid, we can know that Ben knows all of the oceanic 6 before the crash.
I'd like to drop in that there's a theory Ben's so intelligent because he tells his young self everything that happens in the future... Just a little note...

Al Snow

Smash Rookie
Well he can't know the baby if were basing it on that he met them all as his young self, but thats just nitpicking lol. There aren't that many episodes left, so we have to start getting answers soon unless the writers are just a bunch of *******s trying to sucker in a ton of fans. Imagine if the series ended with Hurley waking up at the mental institution XD. That would be horrible lol

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Is anyone else not want Kate and Sawyer to get back? Honestly I'm hoping he stays with Juliet

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Is anyone else not want Kate and Sawyer to get back? Honestly I'm hoping he stays with Juliet
Yeah, I'll be pretty pissed if he goes back to Kate.

"Oh, Juliet, I've been living with you/involved with you/married to you for probably two or three years. I knew Kate for 108 days, then didn't see her for three years. I love her more."

Yep. That one makes crap loads of sense. If they pull that, you know they're just desperate for more viewers in the 'This is clearly a romance show' category.

Which, by the way, is dumb.

Osco316

Mic_128
BRoomer
A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors
I kind of hate Kate... and Jack... and most of the rest of the Oceanic Six (though Hurley can be cool sometimes... and Sayid is a badass like half of the time).

I've loved the episodes that have focused on the island without those six douchebags. Those have been the best of the season.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
@ Eor: I hate Kate and wish she would just die already though we all know that's not going to happen. Honestly I don't mind if Juliet ends up with Jack or James.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I wish desmond comes back soon, he was one of the illest chars. And yea I think sawyer should stay with juliet, thought I think that whole love rectangle [diamond?, square?, rhombus...] is dumb.

I'm actually really interested in whats in store for sun.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Yeah, I'll be pretty pissed if he goes back to Kate.

"Oh, Juliet, I've been living with you/involved with you/married to you for probably two or three years. I knew Kate for 108 days, then didn't see her for three years. I love her more."

Yep. That one makes crap loads of sense. If they pull that, you know they're just desperate for more viewers in the 'This is clearly a romance show' category.

Which, by the way, is dumb.
Or it just implies that Sawyer loved Kate all along and his living with Juliet was a way to force himself to move on because he didn't know when or if they would get back.

All shows have to have a romance; it is a crucial storyline element that gives the characters some depth.

One thing, is it just me or does Matthew Fox act even less than before?

I've seen him in Vantage Point, and he actually ACTED and did a lot more than just blink, but in Lost, he seems like he is just coasting.

Also, with Christian, I believe he may be the Smoke Monster taking a physical form. In the episode, we hear the monster, and then they see Christian. When the door blows open, according to Lostpedia, you can see a wisp of black smoke.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well, Jack/Matthew Fox has kinda taken the back seat this season, but I think he's done better at being a little more expressive.

I want Desmond to come back too! I think he'll be the one to make everything right with the timeline, with Faraday's help.

I think Christian Shephard and the smoke monster are separate...but who knows, really.

Al Snow

Smash Rookie
I can't stand the island romance either. Everything was fine when Sawyer and Juliet were together while the O6 were gone, but now Kate and Jack are back to **** everything up. I really hope the last few episodes aren't going to be like the Jim and Pam drama with the office because there are just too many questions that need to be answered that would be more important than spending a segment on a love triangle/rectangle.

As for Jack's acting, it doesn't really bother me that much to hate him for it, but I will admit it is slightly bothersome. Also, I'm not really a fan of Faraday. Everything he says is always in some sort of confusing tone and you can never get a straight answer out of him.

Also, important question here: Juliet, is she smiling or not? I can't tell. One side of her mouth is smiling and the other side is not. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Also, important question here: Juliet, is she smiling or not? I can't tell. One side of her mouth is smiling and the other side is not. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
Yo that **** is so weird, I know exactly what you are talking about. And she always has that expression on too...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Maybe some consequence of the island romance could have some sort of effect on what might happen to the Dharma Initiative in the end? Who knows, just a thought.

Daniel Faraday always looks like he just ran over a puppy, and I love Juliet's :ohwell: expression.

Al Snow

Smash Rookie
juliet is a lot more hotter than kate. end of story
what's this talk about Juliette vs Kate. It's all about Rose.

Oh, and I finally remembered where I had seen Faraday from. He was in Saving Private Ryan. That was bugging me so much that I couldn't remember. And no, I didn't IMDB him because that takes the fun out of it

Master WGS

Smash Lord
I'm about 99% sure that young Ben isn't dead. This will be some sort of proof about "you can't change the future" or something.

Also, on a side note, I felt this episode wasn't as good as the rest this season. Still certainly good, but not great like most of the rest of them.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
The episode didn't really do much to advance the plot; it was reminiscent of some of the earlier episodes of the series that focused on one character at a time. It was alright, though I'd love to see some non-Dharma action after three episodes. Where's Daniel?

I WTF'd at the ending. Sayid shot a defenseless kid! I actually felt bad for him at the end (both of them, really). Is Sayid going to be on the run for the rest of the season? And...where's he going to go?

On another note, Ilana is just some random bounty hunter hired by the family of one of Sayid's random victims? Well...isn't that random.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I'm about 99% sure that young Ben isn't dead. This will be some sort of proof about "you can't change the future" or something.
Actually, I think the opposite.

Since the beginning, Ben has been a very sinister character, and I think young Ben really DID DIE. I think this will open the 'Ben backstory' and why, essentially, his character is a bad ***. I think that Ben will be some kind of spooky character like Jacob or Richard. He either came to life, or the old Ben we've come to know and fear will actually already be dead.

Something weird like that.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Actually, I think the opposite.

Since the beginning, Ben has been a very sinister character, and I think young Ben really DID DIE. I think this will open the 'Ben backstory' and why, essentially, his character is a bad ***. I think that Ben will be some kind of spooky character like Jacob or Richard. He either came to life, or the old Ben we've come to know and fear will actually already be dead.

Something weird like that.
There was no blood on the back of his jacket. For a 12 year old, there will be an exit wound. Also, Ben has been beaten up and abused a few times through his life, if he was like Jacob or Richard, he wouldn't have that quality. I think it'd be neat, but it seems like a stretch. I think Ben lives, and this is the event that pushes him towards become more stoic, more trained, and more dangerous. If he begins his planning strategies thing at a young age, he'll be quite adept by the time he is even 30. If he begins to learn how to be patient as well (Richard said to be patient, but Ben wanted to escape now and got shot for it), then Ben will be quite patient later in life.

I think this is the event to change him.

Top Bottom